PDA

View Full Version : No more Mall Raid?

kanghead
07-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Since we're getting a new hotel (thats pretty far from the mall), I guess we won't have a huge mall raid anymore.

What else should we do?
Theres is a science and children's museum nearby, but you have to pay for entrance.

Wataru
07-19-2008, 03:01 PM
OH MY GOD, I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT!!!! TToTT!!!! And we don't have IKEA anymore, so no more yummy $1 brekkists!!! I dun like the new hotel!!!! TToTT

Well let's see...there are two parks within two and a half blocks, but I doubt a bunch of people wearing uncomfortable shoes would want to do that...

Other than that, though, I'm not sure what's in the area...

sylus
07-20-2008, 03:06 AM
mall raid didnt work very well anyway. but rest assured somethign will arise

Wataru
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Whadda ya mean it didn't work well? o_O? Have you ever tried to overhear a conversation of someone as you walk by in cosplay? "What is up with all the freaks all of a sudden?" xDDDD

sylus
07-20-2008, 04:08 PM
last year the moa wouldent let them in, to get in they had to go to side doors or something. security didnt want them there. thats what i mean

Subject:Tashi
07-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah....we are farther from MOA I didn't think of that! T_T Well we have a long while to figure this out....maybe we can just do a sidewalk raid? lol. ^^' Just walk as far as we can go and split up into what ever store we want to go into?

WEll this sux...
I knew there'd be a down side to a bigger better place...

Tarika Sakka
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
What about taking a bus? Wouldn't they have them passing by the hotel?

kanghead
08-02-2008, 03:51 AM
I'm pretty sure there might be a parade around the block or me and some of my friends will go to the science museums.
xD

But if that doesn't work out we'll just go break something. :/

Or ride the escalator in the Crowne Plaza over and over again.

Lissedae
10-14-2008, 05:45 AM
I want to note that about 5 blocks away (and in the skyway) is a really great, brand new restaurant called Mama's Kitchen and it's owned by a friend of mine. Some of us should parade through the skyways over there for lunch on Saturday. Also, there are very many buses that pass the hotel, and it's only 75 cents if you stay inside of downtown.

Fenix42
10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
That would be fun! I'm not really familar with St. Paul at all (although I'm not really familiar with Bloomington either, besides MOA).

hokagegirl
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
what! i like the mall raid that was the high light of detour an i wanna play some zombie tag to that's fun...anyway can't we take a shuddle to the mall?

Lissedae
10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
It would take about an hour-hour and a half to get to the mall by bus, then by the time you get back the day is pretty much over. Even if the Crowne Plaza offers their own private shuttle to the mall, travel will take at least 40 minutes each way.

hokagegirl
10-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Since we're getting a new hotel (thats pretty far from the mall), I guess we won't have a huge mall raid anymore.

What else should we do?
Theres is a science and children's museum nearby, but you have to pay for entrance.

eh..isen't there anything else we can invade?:confused: maybe a walmart nearby :D

Fenix42
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Any walmart close to the hotel are pretty spread out: http://maps.google.com/maps?near=11+East+Kellogg+Boulevard,+St.+Paul,+MN+ 55101+(Crowne+Plaza+Hotel+St.+Paul-Riverfront)&geocode=CYtyd0_tyj3yFQXNrQIdb4Vz-iH0n-tpzaTO1A&q=Walmart&f=l&hl=en&dq=Crowne+Plaza+Riverfront,+loc:+St.+Paul,+MN&ie=UTF8&z=11

hokagegirl
10-21-2008, 01:20 AM
aww...D: since it's the river hotel i'm jumping in their invisable river with a tube an my rubber ducky *in happy place*

kanghead
11-03-2008, 07:39 AM
D:
I don't mind walking a bit since I always pick cosplays with comfy shoes.
Well, There is a Chipotle and a Subway nearby.

And that Childrens Museum. But I don't think they'll let us in.

hokagegirl
11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
the childrens museum would definatly kick us out for they might think the cosplay would be offesive or something that would scare teh kids to death xD hmm i don't know what a chipotle is? but i would head over to subway yaay SUBS SUBWAY EAT FRESH!!!!!

missyapolis
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
there is always the science museum 3 blocks away form the crown.