PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Cosplays for CTCon 08 Here!

gigimardi
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello hello. I'm sure everyone is just excited as me to find various cosplayers we met last year, on this website, or never actually met before but heard so much about. So I made a thread out of my gray little life to have cosplayers post their cosplays so people can go find them and mingle.

As for me, I'll be cosplaying Lucia from Shadow Hearts Convenant (a wonderful game no one knows about) on Friday, Yuffie Advent Children version (like last year except revamped and more amazing) and Mokuba for Saturday, and Sunday...uh...either Homura from Saiyuki or Mokuba again. I would love to see everyone there and take lots of pictures!

Love, Gina

Xailyn
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
*knows of Shadow Hearts*
I'm gonna be Hanatarou Yamada from Bleach, both in his Shinigami uniform, and in an original concept, Espada uniform. I might bring my Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai) if I get bored of being Hanatarou. I'm going to be in the Dating Game, as Hana, and I do plan on hanging around my friends art table most of the time too. ^^

madcatz090
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Im gonna be Hiei from yu yu hakusho, Grimmjow from Bleach andddd my friend is making go as Syaorian Li from cardcaptors.

Setchan
07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I've been trying to keep the costumes down to a minimum but I never have any luck. LOL My cosplay arsenal consists of Captain Ukitake from Bleach, Yami Yugi from Yugioh, Zato-1 from Guilty Gear, Mello from Death Note, Beyond Birthday from the DN novel and POSSIBLY Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright, Sasori from Naruto Shippuden and Nico Robin from One Peice. XDD

madcatz090
07-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I've been trying to keep the costumes down to a minimum but I never have any luck. LOL My cosplay arsenal consists of Captain Ukitake from Bleach, Yami Yugi from Yugioh, Zato-1 from Guilty Gear, Mello from Death Note, Beyond Birthday from the DN novel and POSSIBLY Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright, Sasori from Naruto Shippuden and Nico Robin from One Peice. XDD

woah...

Xailyn
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, madcatz, she has no life XD
I know from experience. XD

madcatz090
07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, madcatz, she has no life XD
I know from experience. XD

lmao! what cosplayers do?

Xailyn
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I do, actually. XD I have a full time job, school/college, AND an artists table to prepare.

*but skips everything else and works on cosplays instead*

Setchan
07-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Yep...absolutely no life at all. As far as I'm concerned cosplay IS my life. May sound dorky but it's done pretty well for me so far. =3

nerdforsale
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
o: wow...

Do people normally have more than one cosplay for cons?

Fisume
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm going as Rukia from Bleach, real original isnt it? xD I was wondering if I should bring along my Sakura(naruto shippuden) cosplay, I have gotten alot of positive comments on it, mostly on the wig and I thought it might be nice to have it if anyone from Naruto needed a Sakura to take pictures with. Any thoughts?

Dagger
07-15-2008, 05:54 PM
I tried to keep the cosplays to a minimum too. So, as of now my cosplays are: Ayane (Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore, Costume 8), Elliot Reid (Scrubs), Videl (Dragonball Z), and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil Remake).

*Maybe* Schoolgirl Sakura if time allows.

Setchan
07-15-2008, 07:29 PM
You should Fisume! If I decide to bring Sasori we can do epic battle pics! =3

Akxsad
07-15-2008, 09:00 PM
For all three days I will be going as Marluxia from kingdom Hearts. And I will be walking around with my friend, who will be cosplaying as Roxas from the same game. Also another friend of mine will be going as Cross dressed cloud from FF7 with Tidus's ultimate weapon. We will be going with one other but we don't know of who he is cosplaying as- or if he is cosplaying at all. Lol quite an interesting quartet.

PatrickD
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I have no idea what I'm going to wear for a costume. I haven't decided.

*Shiva*
07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Let's see. . . hoping to finish Poison Ivy for Friday
*insert something here Sat*
Aquata from the Little Mermaid for the masq
and Princess Tutu on Sunday for Chess

Xailyn
07-16-2008, 01:27 AM
and Princess Tutu on Sunday for Chess

Oh my. I'm intrigued about what you guys are doing for the masq this time, especially after Portcon. XD

Ron Jr
07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Our plans

Saterday morning
Eva
Me - Gendo Ikari
Daughter- Rei Ayanami

Saterday Afternoon
Rosen Maiden
Me - Our idea of what Father might look like (Gothic)
Daughter - Suigintou

Saterday evening (after it cools a bit)
Star Wars
Me - Darth Vader
Daughter - Princess Leai (fitting)

Sunday
Hellsing
Me - Father Anderson
Daughter - Sera Victoria

And thats all folks.

Aer Arcanum
07-16-2008, 11:40 AM
My schedule pretty much requires me to wear Heartless Riku all three days, although I'll probably bring my KH1 Riku and FFVII Aeris along just in case. And maybe my Ryou Bakura from YGO.

Colombian_Otaku
07-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I plan of Bringing:
Jan Valentine (hellsing)
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 1)
Gohan *school version* (DragonballZ)
Zack (Final Fantasy VII Last Order)

Mephistophilis
07-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm going as a very short L.. because I'm only 5'1". I'll have a Light with me. We won't be handcuffed, only because my ex has the handcuffs I used last time X_X; oh well.. I'll be that.

And I'll also be Neku with a Beat. It'll be pretty Epic xD hooray for TWEWY cosplay!! and look around for us handing out stuff!! I'll be requesting that anyone who got something from us to meet us again somewhere to take a picture. I want to see how many we can give out xD and have a picture with everyone who got one. *secret <3* if you play TWEWY you probably already know what it is xDDD haha. So look out for us! see you all there!

Setchan
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
OMG Meph! I remember you from AB! You were such an adorable L! Come find me friday for a DN gathering! I will most likely be the only B there so it'll be easy to find me. XD

darkeyblade
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
ill probably be chouji from naruto or pence from kingdom hearts either one or both! lol the almighty choujence

Akxsad
07-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Actually, a bit of a change. Our cross dress cloud is going to be a punk version of Zexion.

Plum
07-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I want to try 4 revy from black lagoon, juri
= yu yu hakusho, kagome, and Abiru Kobushi from Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei. Hope to see all of you there.

gigimardi
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
and Princess Tutu on Sunday for ChessYou're going to CTCon this year, Shiva? I haven't seen you since Boston in 2006...and by "seen" I mean "hey look! Her Amano Rinoa is awesome!"

Mephistophilis
07-16-2008, 10:04 PM
OMG Meph! I remember you from AB! You were such an adorable L! Come find me friday for a DN gathering! I will most likely be the only B there so it'll be easy to find me. XD

OMGs! I remember you X_X!!! *flail* so exciting! eeeeee I have a better costume... oh oh oh! and if you go to AAC xDDDDD (which you should) I'm gonna be L in a dress for the dance xD hahaha so even more cute (I hope)

Kiha
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
It's in my signature, but my two Lucy costumes that are in my gallery, and an OC, Mrs. Internet, which goes along with the famous 'The Internet' guy who attends convention. I'll be pretty much with him all the time. <333 It includes a vest, a pair of suit shorts, fishnets, a tiny top hat, cardshark bands, black pumps, and a tiny tie. And on the costume will be little Firefox and IE pins and buttons (aka shrinky dinks XD) that I made. <3

Fisume
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Setchan - Epic battle pics?!!? I'm in! An offer such as that makes me very willing to bring along my Sakura costume :D

*Shiva*
07-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh my. I'm intrigued about what you guys are doing for the masq this time, especially after Portcon. XD

LOL - if things go as planned it should be great. . . *excited*

You're going to CTCon this year, Shiva? I haven't seen you since Boston in 2006...and by "seen" I mean "hey look! Her Amano Rinoa is awesome!"

Aww, thanks! ^^ Yeah, its my first CTCon - I try to go to all the NE cons, but the last few years I've had a friend's wedding the weekend of CTCon. This year I have one the weekend after, so I'm all good to go. . .
anyway, if you see me, come say hi! :)

Xailyn
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
LOL - if things go as planned it should be great. . . *excited*

I can't wait for that. Your skit was epic at PCM. XD

kracken29
07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
CTCon will be my first con. I'm only going on Saturday though... and I have a friend who had the idea to get a Hellsing group together (he's going as Walter) so I'm going as Seras & we had an Integra, Anderson & Dok but we.. haven't heard anything from them.. whether or not they're still cosplaying... So it's just me & Walter..

Zexion_Nobody
07-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Zexion- Kingdom Hearts COM, RECOM, 2, 2FM, and so on and so forth.

Zexion_Nobody
07-17-2008, 12:16 PM
CTCon will be my first con. I'm only going on Saturday though... and I have a friend who had the idea to get a Hellsing group together (he's going as Walter) so I'm going as Seras & we had an Integra, Anderson & Dok but we.. haven't heard anything from them.. whether or not they're still cosplaying... So it's just me & Walter..

Same here. CT Con is my first as well, and I'm only going to be there on Saturday.

Xailyn
07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
*giggles slightly at con virgins*
Sixth. >D

Kiha
07-17-2008, 04:53 PM
This is my.. 5th con? Yeah. First time to CTcon though!<3

Hope you enjoy your first con, guys. :D!

Dagger
07-17-2008, 08:59 PM
This will be my 17th convention. XD Yeah.......

Connecticon is my favorite convention, though. And it's a great starter-con. I'm sure you'll all love it!

nerdforsale
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
oo; this'll only be my first con...

*Shiva*
07-17-2008, 10:13 PM
It'll be my 9th. . .

GorgeousAstro
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I thought this was a thread about what costumes you're bringing, not how many cons you've been to. XD

This is what I'm hoping for:

Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere) (both Valkyrie and Gown)
Mitsuki Konishi (The World Ends With You)
Iroha (Beatmania IIDX) (Candy Bunny)

And for the record... Connecticon 08 will be my 21st anime con. >.>

Plum
07-18-2008, 12:28 AM
For some reason I really like Poison Ivy <3 and how many people are going to be in the little mermaid masq skit? I know two other people being characters from that movie?

MEGHANCLAPOINTE
07-18-2008, 09:48 AM
KH2 Riku
Deep Dive Riku
Org. 13 Roxas

PatrickD
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
It'll be my 9th. . .

BWUH? Really? I thought you had been to more than that!

Crazy Flower
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not gonna count.

As for me, I plan on bringing Nareesha from Bizenghast, my Gijinka (I had to redo accessories and hair) and the tentacled one.

Connecticon is gonna be low key for me, because I'll come after work on Friday. It's also a test-run for the two costumes, because it's my first time wearing them (*crosses fingers*)

Should be interesting going to the con, especially since my hotel is an exit away. (Roomies still requested but not required)

*Shiva*
07-18-2008, 11:39 PM
BWUH? Really? I thought you had been to more than that!

It just seems that way, I know. xD

Connecticon is gonna be low key for me, because I'll come after work on Friday.

I have to wait til after work too.

(Roomies still requested but not required)

We may actually hit you up on that. I'll know for sure by Monday. . .

*Shiva*
07-18-2008, 11:41 PM
EDIT: Aww crap I just double-posted. Arg. I've never done that before. Look what a week of 4 hour night sleep gets me. . .

Jess Coen
07-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm bringing all Resident Evil costumes: Rebecca Chambers, RE3 Jill Valentine, and CV Claire Redfield. (Also Rebecca's alternate outfit for the dances)

Blaze
07-19-2008, 10:09 AM
If I go I'm bringing the Catbus, Moondoggie and something for the chess match I don't know what yet though, and suggestions?

Girl_Shuichi
07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Um since I'm working in the artist alley my boss likes me to cosplay Shuichi the whole time, but luckly I have two different versions! The yellow trench coat oufit and the EX manga cover. The third day might just be a flop who knows.

T3Knikolor
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
My friend and I will only be there Friday, and we'll be Captain Jack Harkness and the 10th Doctor (respectively) from Doctor Who.

Gale
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Heh, this year CTcon will be my lucky 13th con. Gosh I hope that doesn't bode poorly for me.

I'm gunna be in the Cosplay Musical on Friday, so pretty much all my stuff will have to do with that. Saturday I'll be yet another member of the mermaid group with Shiva & CF. We're hoping to have all 7 mer-sisters...but we'll see. Then, finally, Sunday I'll be running around with some friends in a DeathNote group as Misa.

Now just hope I can finish everything >_>

Crystal Clover
07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Another mer-sister here! I'll also be cosplaying Ashe from FFXII most of the time and whatever else I decide to bring along if anything.

Syagria
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Initially, I'd planned on wearing Lotis Master Alice Seno that I only got to wear for a short time at AB09... however, since I'm now planning to wear that to PAC and since I didn't get to wear Shaak Ti at Anime Boston this year, I'm dragging Shaak Ti out for another run. I've been finishing up an Obiwan costume for my friend, so we'll be paired as Ep 3 Jedi. I know I've worn the costume a lot, but it's a favorite of mine - that, or I'm a glutton for punishment with all that orange makeup. Gah.

ZaQers512
07-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I could have sworn I already posted in here, but I guess not.

Friday: If I make it then, I'll be the 10th Doctor.
Saturday/Sunday: Ash Williams from "Army of Darkness"

Gale
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
lol Zach, my boyfriend will be so happy to see you in your costume on Sat/Sunday, lol. He is soooo into Army of Darkness. I don't think I ever got to introduce you two at school last fall, but I feel like you'll really get along.

And wow, what's with the sudden influx of Dr Who costumes!? Makes me sorry I never had time to keep up with it past the first new series season or catch up with the old ones either.

Neffy
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
@ Shiva, Gale, & Co: HELL TO THE YES LITTLE MERMAID COSPLAY! That's all I have to say. *cough*

OblivionJEN0VA
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm bringing Jenova, and my friend will be endgame Penelo.

NefertariVivi
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Here's mine..oo
I'm bringing my Blue Human Alphonse.. &my Water 7 Sanji from One Piece.. dunno which days I'm wearing them.. Depends on which day we decide to do FMA so I can wear Al..oo um.. Might bring Mako from Nerima Daikon Brothers fer Sunday.. dunno yet..

Zexion_Nobody
07-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I was originally going as the normal version of Zexion but since I can't afford a Cloak, I'll be going as a Street Version of Zexion instead. I'll be getting a cloak for my next con.

NintyGirl
07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm going to be Ilia (from Twilight Princess, going with ordon Link) as well as Marta Lualdi from the up-coming Tales of Symphonia sequel; Dawn of the New World.

Can't wait to see everyone! ^-^;

Saki_B
07-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Totally hitting up Jamilla, Jess and Gale for hang-out time =D

Okay. So my costume list is as follows,

Heartless Alice= 99% Done
Robin (ChevalierD'Eon)= 100% Done
Halloween Town Sora= 75% Done

There's still a ton of work to be done on Sora... But I've been pulling some intensely late nighters... Our skit for the masq. is going to be epic XD

stardust462
07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
If all goes right, my two new costumes will be Jade from Beyond Good and Evil and Terra from Final Fantasy VI. I also made a Locke, also FFVI, costume for my brother and we're competing in the costume contest with them.

Soooooo much work still to do. If I didn't move last weekend I would be all set. But I think I have some late nights ahead of me. And my new sewing machine still hasn't been delivered, so I'm limited to what I can do at my new apartment.

Raxian
07-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Kakashi will be making a scene. Vincent....might not be ready for Conneticon.

KensukeX
07-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm probably going to be Time Jump Naruto from Naruto Shippuden and School boy Naruto

PatrickD
07-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll be wearing Matt from Dramacon volume 2 for at least part of Saturday. (I'll be in it when I host Anime Unscripted on Saturday afternoon...and probably while I judge the masquerade.)

Friday and Sunday are still undecided. I'll probably just resort to T-shirt and shorts on Sunday...

In any case, I expect you all to be at Anime Unscripted! :)

GenyaArikado
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Patrick! :)
Okay, so hypothetically speaking, what if we did not go to Anime Unscripted... what then?

Peppermint Eels
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll be Haruhi Suzumiya most of the time, as our sewing machine is broken so I've only the one costume for this year,
BUT
a close friend of mine said she would sew me Haruhi's bunny costume if I bought the fabric and did a photoshoot for her band,
so hopefully that will work out in time!!

You'll probably see me hanging around with The Joker ^^;

*Shiva*
07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Patrick! :)
Okay, so hypothetically speaking, what if we did not go to Anime Unscripted... what then?

Then we'll all know how Chibi Moon feels.

Emi-hime
07-30-2008, 01:02 AM
I'll be rockin my Konata cheerleading version cosplay
and more than likely wearing my Selphie costume as well (i wanted to repaint the chain of my nunchaku, but it aint happening now since a friend of mine put off her cosplay till the last minute because she was busy with work and now i have to help her make a cheerleading outfit to match mine since she is going to be Kagami)
hopefully the hair for selphie doesn't fail....it sometimes does....

not sure what day I'm wearing what costume....

tmchiba
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Mamoru Chiba (the brown jacket wearing one) Not a very complex cosplay, and certainly not requiring much effort, but it's what I'm doing. -_- You guys who build/make/sew/create your costumes really are stupendous. :)

shadowfox3113
07-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Ill be cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran High School Host CLub, Genin naruto, timejump naruto, mello from death note, and Lavi from DGM.

...hopefully XD