PDA

View Full Version : Raver wear!^_^

StripperANBU
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
i didnt see a thread dedicated to this,and i figured this would be the safest place to post this thread.i know ALOT of cons host their own raves,so i think we should have a ravers resource/discussion thread,:rockon: post links to pictures,resource sites and share your input/opinions with your fellow cosplay.com ravers!XD

i need a solid yellow (and a red one too) tank top for the otakon rave this year,and i cant find any. (im a guy,and guys brightly colored tanktops are pretty hard to find,=_=;)
any suggestions???

P.L.U.R. ^_^

Puppy-Sama
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Kohls. They have EVERY FREAKING COLOR of tank top for like $4 each. Rave wear is amazing. Hardcore Ravers for life. I'll be at the Otakon dance. The real rave this year was in Fort Armistead MD. Starscape. Anyone else go, or going to to Otakon's pseudo-rave?

StripperANBU
07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
i MISSED starscape this year!!!DX
wtf...i had almost gotten over it,lol now my hearts rebroken,
yeah ill be at Otakons rave this year, we should meet up and take pics together and swap candy^_^

kohls? really? are you sure theyre GUYs tanktops?cuz i have a credit line there,XD....

ive found some REALLY good stuff at H&M recently,some nifty vests and pattern print hoodies,^_^ maybe ill stop by the hot topic to see if they have anything worth picking up,which is 50/50 around here,=/

ive decided to do two rave outfits for Ota this year,lol just giving myself more work,friday will be a black/yellow scheme,and saturday will be black and red,^_^'' i still need to make some bracelets for each colorscheme though,=_= i procrastinate too much,XD

NecromanticChii
07-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Kohls. They have EVERY FREAKING COLOR of tank top for like $4 each. Rave wear is amazing. Hardcore Ravers for life. I'll be at the Otakon dance. The real rave this year was in Fort Armistead MD. Starscape. Anyone else go, or going to to Otakon's pseudo-rave?

I am checking them out this weekend then...lol

^_~
At least I found the thread..lol

Oh and the LED lights for fingers you can get at a Speedway gas station, completely rule...lol

StripperANBU
07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
i was gonna put LEDs in something,but i feel kinda lazy,lol.
glowsticks should suffice,XD.

ive got one of those electric diode belt buckes,though.
everybody always wants to touch it, which is REALLY awkward,:ROFL:

who sells UFOs these days? i can barely find em on ebay now,-_-;

Puppy-Sama
07-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Haha guy tanks? Um. you can get white beaters and dye them? lol. Kohls only has bright colored women's tanks. Hot topic is really hit or miss. Green fishnet for $2 one day and expensive generic goth clothing the next .lol. Yea, you missed an amazing night at Starscape ::rubs it in:: Evol Intent rocked MY FACE OFF. So incredibly dirty. Definitely meet up during the dance. Friday I'll be in lime green polkadots and a tutu. I'll bring some kandi and a camera! Yay can't wait! <3
yeah ill be at Otakons rave this year, we should meet up and take pics together and swap candy^_^

kohls? really? are you sure theyre GUYs tanktops?cuz i have a credit line there,XD....

ive found some REALLY good stuff at H&M recently,some nifty vests and pattern print hoodies,^_^ maybe ill stop by the hot topic to see if they have anything worth picking up,which is 50/50 around here,=/

ive decided to do two rave outfits for Ota this year,lol just giving myself more work,friday will be a black/yellow scheme,and saturday will be black and red,^_^'' i still need to make some bracelets for each colorscheme though,=_= i procrastinate too much,XD

Puppy-Sama
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
People make their own UFOs now. Buahah custom clothing!
i was gonna put LEDs in something,but i feel kinda lazy,lol.
glowsticks should suffice,XD.

ive got one of those electric diode belt buckes,though.
everybody always wants to touch it, which is REALLY awkward,:ROFL:

who sells UFOs these days? i can barely find em on ebay now,-_-;

StripperANBU
07-21-2008, 11:41 AM
yeah,thats im gonna wind up doing for alot of my bits and pieces,XD
joann fabrics FTW!^_^

StripperANBU
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
won these just now!^_^ im such a bid-sniper,XD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330253886235&_trksid=p2761.l1259
these to the rave on friday for otakon,^_^

LadyHawke78
07-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Haha!! All of my good rave-resources are probably non-existant anymore, since I'm an oldfag (ie: was looking for rave gear back in 96-98!! Back when raves were RAVES!!!!)

I may have a good LED site still bookmarked back at home though-- one I was using last year when thinking of adding LED's to a costume.

But dayamn. P.L.U.R.
Brings back memories to this oldtimer.
Kandi Kids LOL.

And yes, I still own my old UFO pants. Why? Don't ask. Haven't worn them in years.

StripperANBU
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
dont get m wrong,im not a rave veteran or anything,i personally feel im not old enough to have any knowledge on the golden years,he rave i went to was a poor example of freedom and/or fellowship of the scene. but i love the ideals and what ravers stand for,so i consider myself a private first class of sorts,XD
plus i kinda developed raver fashion sense on my own without knowing there was a name for it,XD

but im gratefully for any resources or knowledge that any experienced ravers can share with me!^_^

i cant wait to be a bigger part of the scene!

let the bass become your heartbeat!^_^

*EDIT* and wow,ladyhawke,youre pretty hot,^_^

Puppy-Sama
07-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Haha. I've been to a few "raves". I wish I had been old enough to attend the true scene. Bright clothing. Amazing lights. X. Kandi. Haha. OH...and I know I should shove this post in the spam section, but if anyone wants to commission me for some big ass rave pants/rave clothing, I'll do it...for the price of fabric and shipping. ^_^ I've taken two trades in the last week also, if you have a trade or item to offer in return (hair falls, light installation into clothing, wigs, etc. I accept that too. lol.
I can probably take one or two more before Otakon. PM me!

dont get m wrong,im not a rave veteran or anything,i personally feel im not old enough to have any knowledge on the golden years,he rave i went to was a poor example of freedom and/or fellowship of the scene. but i love the ideals and what ravers stand for,so i consider myself a private first class of sorts,XD
plus i kinda developed raver fashion sense on my own without knowing there was a name for it,XD

but im gratefully for any resources or knowledge that any experienced ravers can share with me!^_^

let the bass become your heartbeat!^_^

*EDIT* and wow,ladyhawke,youre pretty hot,^_^

StripperANBU
07-22-2008, 01:47 PM
i started making my sleeveless half hoodie for the rave!^_^ i just need to add the shorter zipper and the the graphics to the back,^_^

StripperANBU
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
finished my goggles for saturday night,^_^

Puppy-Sama
07-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Yay, GG Anbu! lol. Gotta find my goggles...::rummages::

StrawberrySiren
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
i shall be at otakon too! and i don't want to wear the standard jeans and t shirt. or my costume. there is no way i am wearing a soul reaper uniform to the rave.

so...i figure rave fashion is the way to go. but what exactly is rave fashion? all i've got so far is neon.

StripperANBU
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
rave fashion doesnt have a very strict "criteria" so to speak.just look up some pictures,and see what style fits you best and run with it. theres kandi ravers,industrial ravers,cybergoth,cyberpunk,steampunk etc..^_^ im a fiend for matching colors,and crazy accessories. baggy pants are the most comfortable to dance and move around in,but nothing beats scantily clad raver chicks,XD.you cant lose with a color scheme of black+any other color. or try combining a bunch of bright colors together if you like being noticed,^_^ ebays a great place to find cheap raver gear and accessories,or you can just make whatever you want,its up to you!^_^

as long you can dance the night away in it,its all good.
my personal thing for raver wear (or clothing style of any sort) is just "wear who you are" ^_^ hope this helps.

Puppy-Sama
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
pick a theme, any theme. that is all.

close your eyes and hold on tight. just let the music play. let's take a ride into the night, a place where we an STAYYYYYYYYYY. Save the moment, don't let it slip away. Sure feels good to me.

Puppy-Sama
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
If you really want ideas, pick a few colors, pick a theme, decide what is MOST COMFORTABLE for you to dance in.

theme ideas:
-groups of people: pirates, ninjas, tribal peoples (to be cliche')
-animals: (to be REALLY cliche') dogs, cats, mythical creatures
-themes based on patterns: idk, maybe you REALLY like leopard print or camo.
-costume based on cosplay: you get the idea.
-a play on your favorite storybook character
-interpretation of a place or time (like 60's gogo dancers or 20's flappers)

JUST BE ORIGINAL FOR F*CKS SAKE, the above examples are all overdone, think of something new. Impress everyone else. People get tired of going, DAMN, there's like 5 kitty cat ravers here...and 100 ninjas/pirates...FEH!

StrawberrySiren
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
lol i would never wear my cat ears to the rave. even though my name is kat. those things fall aff too easily.

anywho so i'm going to find my black mini and next time i go to the store, i'll see whatever catches my eye.

thanks guys!

Puppy-Sama
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
make something. hot topic is not interchangeable with rave attire. The only things you can BUY are like fishnet, goggles, and cool jewelery, everything else, you MAKE.

StrawberrySiren
07-24-2008, 03:36 AM
lol i didn't think hot topic would be too great for me. it's too far and too expensive.

stupid rich goths...haha.

i was thinking of just re-working whatever shirt i see wherever. cut it up, add stuff. whatever. if all else fails, i don't think it'll matter.

StripperANBU
07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
make something. hot topic is NOT interchangeable with rave attire.

i love you for this.

@Strawberry: pups right, just imagine how pissed you would be after spending your money on a bunch of crap and then seeing like 3 other people with virtually the same outfit on,personally id kill someone,XD

Hyper_Phantom
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Yay, I like this topic.
About seeing the same thing everywhere. I have this neon green mesh top I got at hot topic and see it everywhere, but I don't really care, I love it anyways lol. As much as I love dressing crazy and seeing everyone dressed wild and awesome, I don't care. I'm there for dancey dancey! So if there are a million cat girls and ninjas, so be it.

Moving on.
I'm going to make something like a cyber goth raver version of the Joker. It's gonna be sweet. I'm also going to make a glow stick hula hoop. =D

StripperANBU
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
id actually like to see that cybergoth joker.
green dreadfalls with joker makeup would be kickass,awesome idea.
at otakon im going for a sort of cyberpunkfreerunner look on friday
and saturday im trying for more of a steampunk/cyber theme,if they dont turn out close to those,i at least hope itll all look presentable,^_^;

StrawberrySiren
07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
wow. joker does kick serious butt. i really want to see that.

Hyper_Phantom
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Lol, I get excited just thinking about it. But as soon as I start on it I'll show you guys progress pics. I don't think it'll come around for a while though. I still have to plan out the outfit.

Coffee
07-25-2008, 12:37 AM

make bracelets? That's lame man. Unless you're a candy kid which gives out and trades kandy with other people that's awesome.

Actually you should go as a Kandy kid and hand out kandy. :3

Hyper_Phantom
07-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Ok guys, I need your help and advice for my Joker wig. o_o I've never done the whole cyber dread/fall thing (though I've been interested) and don't know where to start. Uhm. Any sites that I can purchase from that are well recomended? Should I make instead? Can I have a combined wig of dreads/plastic/foam/tubing without it looking like a disaster? Either way, I need it to glow like crazy lol.

UrMastrInuYasha
07-25-2008, 01:30 AM
me wonders how many people been to a real rave o.O

also, kandy kidz rawk the my multicolourd sawks. ftw.

if anyone is gonna go to AWA, let alone it's rave. we need to do some tradin' man

srsly. rave. ftw. but i am more of a industrial/rivethead/cyberwear type person.

someone start shooting some "rave" bands out, so i can see just who is who, and knows what o.o

NecromanticChii
07-25-2008, 08:10 AM

*Raises Hand* Blitzen and all..lol Many many years ago.
(Though I haven't been to one in a long time, and I am VERY out of practice..To the point of no return I fear..lol)

Ok guys, I need your help and advice for my Joker wig. o_o I've never done the whole cyber dread/fall thing (though I've been interested) and don't know where to start. Uhm. Any sites that I can purchase from that are well recomended? Should I make instead? Can I have a combined wig of dreads/plastic/foam/tubing without it looking like a disaster? Either way, I need it to glow like crazy lol.

Are you looking to get it before Otakon?
Loxology.com is good. (I will take a picture of the ones I had them make for me the other day.) It'll just be later this evening, since I'm at work.

BunE
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
anbu a good safe online store to buy ufos is bewild.com yeah there regular priced, but i have um 3 pairs of ufos and they have lasted me about 6 years? so if you get a pair your really dying for its worth spending the money if you can take care of them, you will have them forever.

another side topic i found, i dont really dress up for the convention dances or raves, a pair of ufo's a tank and thats it. it kinda makes me sad, im just kinda there to dance and meet people and have a good time, but i have been noticing that there is just this huge group of people who get all dolled up for the raves, with the fake hair makeup globed all over them selfs and covered head to toe with anything they can attach to there body, bracelets, goggles, straps, ect. which im not saying is bad or anything because i think its cute and all, but it makes me feel kinda sad.

my brother used to take me to the "real" (in my opinion, this is late 90's) raves, not counting starscape, because if you have to buy a ticket i really consider that a concert not a rave. (sorry im not trying to down you) anyways, thinking about how we were just there to be together to dance and really enjoy whoever was playing and to meet people and what not, convention dances people make it such a big deal to dress up and its kinda becoming a glam prom.

i guess its just the difference between my brothers generation and what im seeing now, it makes me miss when i first learned about the rave culture, because now PLUR, really has no meaning. its all looking super cute and being super hot. its kinda vain to me. but i am there to have fun just like all them and i guess i will see what happens next. (im sorry kinda had to let this out) im sorry if i offended anyone.

as long as there is good music, the rave community will always be there just forever changing with the times.

Hyper_Phantom
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Necro-I need it before Megacon which is in Feb. No Otakon for me lol.

BunE-People want to express themselves. Some do it through dancing, others through dressing up. Plus, it's a con rave. Full of cosplayers and creative people. So obviously people are going to want to show off and look their best. I don't know how it is with conventions in the "outside world" lol, but that's just convention culture. As for PLUR, meeting people, having a good time and dancing, those are all still there. That's my main reason for going to raves. Hell, I can dress up "rave" anywhere I want to. But nothing beats raves for what they're really meant for. I love them primarily for the awesome music and dancing. Especially since I can dance how ever the hell I want and nobody will raise a disaproving judgemental brow. PLUR, as far as I see it, still pervades. The raves I've been to are full of peace, love, and respect. As for unity, well I dunno. Depends what you mean by it. If it's meant as being united in getting high on life and enjoying it, then hell yeah.

StripperANBU
07-25-2008, 10:37 AM
make bracelets? That's lame man. Unless you're a candy kid which gives out and trades kandy with other people that's awesome.

your FACE is lame,:rofl: j/k, but by bracelets thats what i meant,im gonna make a bunch so i can share swap with all the new friends i make.^_^

someone start shooting some "rave" bands out, so i can see just who is who, and knows what o.o

we dont need that here in this thread,if you dont mind. this isnt about who can 1-up who,and personally i already made it clear that im by no means a rave veteran:
dont get me wrong,im not a rave veteran or anything,i personally feel im not old enough to have any knowledge on the golden years,the raves i went to were a poor example of freedom and/or fellowship of the scene. but i love the ideals and what ravers stand for,so i consider myself a private first class of sorts,XD

i went to see a couple DJ's in concert and ive been to Ota's rave twice.big whoop. not that im saying youre trying to be condascending or anything,i just dont wanna take any chances,if thats okay with you,^_^

although as far as music goes,(even though its kinda off topic,^_^; )
im a big fan of tiesto,dj sh0g,AVB,oakenfold,assemblage 23,nin,b-day massacre and some others,^_^

anbu a good safe online store to buy ufos is bewild.com yeah there regular priced, but i have um 3 pairs of ufos and they have lasted me about 6 years? so if you get a pair your really dying for its worth spending the money if you can take care of them, you will have them forever.

i guess its just the difference between my brothers generation and what im seeing now, it makes me miss when i first learned about the rave culture, because now PLUR, really has no meaning. its all looking super cute and being super hot. its kinda vain to me. but i am there to have fun just like all them and i guess i will see what happens next. (im sorry kinda had to let this out) im sorry if i offended anyone.

as long as there is good music, the rave community will always be there just forever changing with the times.
thank you for this post,^_^ i really envy the older people that got to experience what a REAL rave was like,and i know alot of the concert/raves these days cant hold a candle to the golden era,it makes me sad kinda,cuz i think id like the atmosphere that time provided.but i guess i have to make the best of what the times CURRENTLY have to offer,ah well.

as far as the glam prom thing,i can see what youre saying,but still theres nothing wrong with expressing yourself through what you wear,is there?(albeit im not accusing you of saying so in the first place,XD) but regardless there will always be those who claim to be thus,without really (at least trying) to embrace the culture and ideals. but i would like to,it just kinda seems like im too late sometimes,=/ but youre right,as long as the music is bumpin,i can still have FUN.^_^

Puppy-Sama
07-25-2008, 01:53 PM
go online, order CRIN in green/lime/black w/e. find tutorial, i like using little rubberbands and attaching them to stretch lace. Wear.

Puppy-Sama
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
I've been. X n all. I hated AWA...bad memories. Kandi trade ftw though.

also, kandy kidz rawk the my multicolourd sawks. ftw.

if anyone is gonna go to AWA, let alone it's rave. we need to do some tradin' man

srsly. rave. ftw. but i am more of a industrial/rivethead/cyberwear type person.

Puppy-Sama
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
DJs include
uk hardcore: gammer, sy, storm, styles, unknown, dougal
house: korsk, hatiras, smooth, flores, proxxy, lantern, BBB, Irene
D n B: evol intent, pendulum
other: L.E.D, skankfunk

Back on topic:
Finally finished the trade I took for Otakon: full costume for dread falls...yea yards of checkers and purple leopard print later, my side of the trade is finished. Pics later

Only the polka dots and surprise costume to finish...only a few more days to work. Any suggestions on a color pairing. I'm working with Green and black so far...

StripperANBU
07-25-2008, 02:07 PM
oi!i LED is good shit!^_^ nice call.

on topic: any pics of that costume pup?

Puppy-Sama
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Gimme an hr or so and i'll have the pics up.
oi!i LED is good shit!^_^ nice call.

on topic: any pics of that costume pup?

Puppy-Sama
07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
THIS IS NOT MY COSTUME. It was a trade with a friend for some hairfalls. Still needs 2 layers in the skirt. I think it looks flat. Also needs garters and 2 cuffs at the wrists. TRADE KANDI TO HER AT THE DANCE WHEN YOU SEE HER! <3333

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/Puppy-Sama_bucket/100_1055.jpg

Me squeezing my too big chest into a B-cup corset...also 4 inches smaller in the waist than I am. Haha skinny bitch.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/Puppy-Sama_bucket/100_1058-1.jpg

Scrunched leggings and me trying to hide my fat! XD

Let me know what you think, there's still room for improvement, I know.

-<3 Stace

StripperANBU
07-25-2008, 04:59 PM
WOW thats kick.ass!! ^_^ makes me wanna finish my stuff so i can take testpics,but i dunno if i wanna show everyone before the rave or just...SHOW up in it,XD

that looks like an amAZing job,^_^

RodimusPrime
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
well liquid latex seems to be in my raver wear for ota along with some leds to keep the rythm

StripperANBU
07-25-2008, 05:58 PM
i wanna try using that stuff sometime,^_^ i hear it hurts like a m-f'er if you dont shave before applying it,XD

Puppy-Sama
07-26-2008, 10:58 AM
latex paint + hair = duct tape + hair...but all over your body...

i wanna try using that stuff sometime,^_^ i hear it hurts like a m-f'er if you dont shave before applying it,XD

NecromanticChii
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
BunE, I completely understand where you are coming from.

See with me, I only like to dress up to attend raves at conventions. Not the raves I go to outside of them. (I don't really know why, but it's just me.) As for PLUR, it was lost many years ago, as was the idea of NOT going to a rave on drugs. (Sadly, most new Ravers, seem to think they need a drug to make them have fun, which isn't what it's all about. I myself would much rather be listening to the beats, hanging with friends, than popping pills, among other things.)

On one note, conventions seem to be big with people acting stupid, doing things they shouldn't and dressing as slutty as they can...it really make me cry on the inside.

Back on topic:
Friday I am thinking of just showing up in cosplay, or a strap/sleeveless shirt, pants, and flipflops..lol

Saturday I'll wear some platforms, and all the other crap, mainly for some pics with friends. ^_^

Puppy-Sama
07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes, rave is dead, but there are still many of us (who have attended a real rave or two XD) that hold rave close to our hearts. I live by PLUR. You don't need to be a raver to live by it. Drugs have been around even longer than PLUR and they can only enhance the experience. Not it's not necessary, but don't knock it until you try it plx.

As for convention prosti-tots (^_^) dressing like hookers, I cry a little on the inside every time I think about them being drunk and making eyes at my legal guy friends. (btw, i'm very protective of my guy friends, so no jail bait drinking!)

::scolds the damn kids:: "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUR MOTHERS!?"

See with me, I only like to dress up to attend raves at conventions. Not the raves I go to outside of them. (I don't really know why, but it's just me.) As for PLUR, it was lost many years ago, as was the idea of NOT going to a rave on drugs. (Sadly, most new Ravers, seem to think they need a drug to make them have fun, which isn't what it's all about. I myself would much rather be listening to the beats, hanging with friends, than popping pills, among other things.)

On one note, conventions seem to be big with people acting stupid, doing things they shouldn't and dressing as slutty as they can...it really make me cry on the inside.

Back on topic:
Friday I am thinking of just showing up in cosplay, or a strap/sleeveless shirt, pants, and flipflops..lol

Saturday I'll wear some platforms, and all the other crap, mainly for some pics with friends. ^_^

UrMastrInuYasha
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
lol, Trading kandi is teh win, but not if the other person has no damned clue what they are talking about.

Also, My hair when i went to a rave rave last year, was this colour, i dyed it so much, it started falling out

Before it fell out :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/Photos%20of%20me/IMGP3172.jpg

And after it fell out, and shaved:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/Photos%20of%20me/IMGP5963Large.jpg

UrMastrInuYasha
07-26-2008, 11:05 PM

Back on topic:

I've been to a few real raves, The amount of drugs circling around wasn't as bad as people said it was, but it was there. I don't do drugs at raves. I feel the exstacy of the music going through my body while i dance, That's how I feel.

Puppy-Sama
07-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Music and respect are all that you need.

StripperANBU
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
and awesome friends!XD but chances are if its anything close to an actual rave, you wont have any problems finding cool people/dance partners there,^_^

StripperANBU
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
heres the headphones,footlong antennas FTMFW!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1636124/

and about half the dreads i already finished for my mowhawk,^_^ havent figured out how im gonna make em stand up though,XD theyre alot brighter than in the picture too, btw...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1636123/

StrawberrySiren
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
i want those headphones. those are really cool.

StripperANBU
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
XD thanks, just some antennas from a 12$ TV reception thingie and someheadphones and gorilla glue,^_^

Mutech
08-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Here is my latest.

Raver Alice (http://mutaytor.com/mupix/mucard2008.jpg)

I also put up a gallery of the shots to get this. (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120460/)

Call me a raver snob but I put a lot into making my raver costumes. This is my anti-raver/raver costume page. Femtechs - Teen raver Barbie clones. (http://mutaytor.com/cast/mutech/femtechs/) Sorry I don't consider baggy clothes, kandy bracelets, and glow sticks to be very chic rave wear. Nor is being od'd and completely incoherent on x.

I'm in a band called Mutaytor. We have been doing underground and rave events for 10 years. There are around 32 of us and we have really cool visuals abd we also spin and play with fire,

http://mutaytor.com

Mutie

Hyper_Phantom
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Do any of you know where I can purchase UV reactant fabric? Or if it even exists?

F.K.A.Freya
08-14-2008, 10:47 PM
ANyone have any good pictures of their rave wear? I went to a rave at Animazement but it wasn't anything original.

Short black tank top (Slightly shiny?)
Jeans (Layered with a plaid skirt I made)
Shiny and colorful bracelets and necklaces
Pigtails(...yeah...I'm ashamed...)

I had a picture but...I dunno where it is...I wanted to wear something a little cooler this year at AWA...Any suggestions...

F.K.A.Freya
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
THIS IS NOT MY COSTUME. It was a trade with a friend for some hairfalls. Still needs 2 layers in the skirt. I think it looks flat. Also needs garters and 2 cuffs at the wrists. TRADE KANDI TO HER AT THE DANCE WHEN YOU SEE HER! <3333

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/Puppy-Sama_bucket/100_1055.jpg

Me squeezing my too big chest into a B-cup corset...also 4 inches smaller in the waist than I am. Haha skinny bitch.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m107/Puppy-Sama_bucket/100_1058-1.jpg

Scrunched leggings and me trying to hide my fat! XD

Let me know what you think, there's still room for improvement, I know.

-<3 Stace

PuppySAMA! This outfit is so cute...I feel so lame now...*is feeling creatively inept*

F.K.A.Freya
08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry it seems I'm posting a lot...*recoils from the inevitable hit*
But those headphones are...AWESOME POSSUM...sorry it's something I picked up from a friend at anime club on Sunday....

This whole thread makes me want to work hard to make a good rave outfit and one that's not slutty or unoriginal...(No cats girls please...*Sigh*)

Inked~Wrong
08-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Alright, I'm starting my own Cyber/rave wear this year. I'm just getting started on my first falls and I would like some pointers on what I could do better. The one's here are about 85% done. I'm going to put in black lace, since that's my color theme, and then possibly after the con (AWA) Adding tubes.

Here are the pictures of what I have done right now.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/_kokushibyou/08_19_8.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/_kokushibyou/08_19_7.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/_kokushibyou/08_19_2.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/_kokushibyou/08_19_1.jpg

This is made for short hair, since, well, I have really really short hair, about two inches long on top, inch and a half on the sides. It's held up by two Scunci clips, which are hot glued to the under side.
The green lace will be mixed with black once I get some, and so the empty spots will be filled in with black. :3
Right now, it almost weights 1/2 a pound.

StripperANBU
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
that looks like a good start, but me personally, i think theres a fine line between nice and overdone with the foam,try adding some rexlace or crin,maybe another color for some contrast,^_^ lookin good so far though,^_^

MissLlil
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Here is my latest.

Raver Alice (http://mutaytor.com/mupix/mucard2008.jpg)

I also put up a gallery of the shots to get this. (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120460/)

Call me a raver snob but I put a lot into making my raver costumes. This is my anti-raver/raver costume page. Femtechs - Teen raver Barbie clones. (http://mutaytor.com/cast/mutech/femtechs/) Sorry I don't consider baggy clothes, kandy bracelets, and glow sticks to be very chic rave wear. Nor is being od'd and completely incoherent on x.

I'm in a band called Mutaytor. We have been doing underground and rave events for 10 years. There are around 32 of us and we have really cool visuals abd we also spin and play with fire,

http://mutaytor.com

Mutie

I've seen Mutaytor.... and it was freakin awesome! Can't wait to see them again.

What eyeshadow are you wearing? kryolan?

Braithcakes
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I find plur on certain people kind of sexy.

beatdrop and bewild have pretty good rave stuff.

also, cryoflesh on the occasion has some goodies in their shop :3

starshine530
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

I used to go to raves back in 99-02 I think? man it was so long ago!
I still make kandi and hand it out at conventions though, and yeah most peeps don't have a clue what a kandi kiss is.

You definitely need baggy pants, it makes it easier to dance in! Also a tank top cause you're gonna get hot. Goggles are always neat, and fluffies if you're wearing a skirt are cool too.

CyberxDae
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
www.bewild.com
www.beatdropscloset.com
www.cryoflesh.com
www.vinyldolls.com
www.ikickshins.com
www.welovecolors.com

<3 You're welcome.

NekoShuffle!
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes, rave is dead, but there are still many of us (who have attended a real rave or two XD) that hold rave close to our hearts. I live by PLUR. You don't need to be a raver to live by it. Drugs have been around even longer than PLUR and they can only enhance the experience. Not it's not necessary, but don't knock it until you try it plx.

I sort of agree! I'm from the UK but I've heard many strange things about the US rave scene and I can't really judge. I'm the only kandi kid here in the UK and I wouldn't say rave is dead at all, I live by PLUR too and I agree about the drugs, enhance is the right word. I've been raving almost every other weekend since I was old enough too and I only drop 1nce a month or so but I don't really wanna get into a discussion about drugs here tbh :S

I dunno about "raver fashion" really tho, what I do at raves is about a million miles away from cosplay and my cosplay friends don't like it at all. I will say though that over here there isnt any 'rave gear' except some cyber/uv stuff but not cybergoth, I've never seen a cybergoth 'in the wild' but i am familiar with the fashion.

Over here people just dress in jeans + t-shirt, theres not much of a scene. aside from me nobody gives out kandi and there are no cuddle puddles, bags of fruit, water you have to pay for or anything like that because almost everyone is drinking alcohol instead of on drugs. I dunno about other genres but here in the Happy Hardcore scene everyone is still really friendly and nice to each other in spite of all that. I've heard a lot of elitism goes around in the US rave scene which doesnt happen here. Also apparently your events are 16+, have no MCs and play loads of different genres in the same night. Strange!

SovietKitten
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
-Preforms CPR on poor dead thread-

Well it seems this kind of died a while back,I'd love to see anything new anyone has made ^^

Axelai
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't really have much new stuff... just mailed out a bunch of my kandi to my friend who was doing a Rave!Kamina cosplay :'3 And trying to get more commissions on my kandi bikinis, hahaha. I'm running out of money ><

I'm so mad, though. I didn't have a chance to cosplay as Raver!Yoko at anime expo, due to not making it to the dance D:

SovietKitten
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't really have much new stuff... just mailed out a bunch of my kandi to my friend who was doing a Rave!Kamina cosplay :'3 And trying to get more commissions on my kandi bikinis, hahaha. I'm running out of money ><

I'm so mad, though. I didn't have a chance to cosplay as Raver!Yoko at anime expo, due to not making it to the dance D:

Kandi Bikinis? :O Could you make a top big enough for DD boobehs? :>

Axelai
09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Kandi Bikinis? :O Could you make a top big enough for DD boobehs? :>

...maybe, if i tried XD;; You'd have to wear a normal bikini under one of those, since i can't guarantee it won't slip :'P

Fenix_tamer1
09-12-2010, 03:34 AM
A great website for rave gear (mainly for girls) is Tragicbeautiful.net :) You will LOVE their fluffy leg warmers. And they ship worldwide! :D

t0uchof1nsanity
09-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Ah thats where I ordered my fluffy leg warmers from ^_^

Axelai
12-12-2010, 04:00 AM
Just a random update: Attempting to make Hetalia themed kandi bikinis XD Like, in various flags for all my female friends to wear.

This will be fun.