PDA

View Full Version : Got Cloud?

YuffieKeychain
07-04-2003, 08:53 AM
I reallyyyy need a Cloud wig. >.< If anyone knows of one or could make and sell one to me , please let me know
Thank you ^_^
P.S. I'd do it, but I can't lol I tried and can not do it

katrinastrife
07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Hmm... Well, from what I've heard, the best way is to use a solution of diluted Elmers Glue, and finish it with hairspray... I'm not sure if that is the same with wigs, tho... ^_^;;

Don't use spray-glue (resembles rubber cement in a can)!!! EVER!! It is so terrible, I hate it!! I tried to make a cloud wig using that one time, but I failed. Miserabley.

P.S. : Hey there! I remember you from JACON! ^___^ I hope to see you at AFO4!

ame-chan
07-08-2003, 03:53 PM
A friend of mine already made one, the Cloud from Megacon, and she says just regular hair products work if done with enough patience. She definately does not recommend the use of hair glue. Use a hair dryer to dry it as you go so that it will stay. Be careful however because the wig can and WILL melt if the hairdryer is too high or just too close to the wig.

KaraokeKate
07-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I used hairglue (NOT Elmer's Glue...), hairspray, pomade and caulk. Worked well, but was very time-consuming.

http://www.katiebair.com/wig_cloud.html

TyJILDown
07-08-2003, 08:47 PM
As I posted about this topic before, it may sound silly, but I used a good old iron and polyurathane gloss for my Cloud wig. The iron was used to melt the fibers to keep the bends in the hair in areas in place. Polyurathane made the wig stiff so the spikes would stay up and won't get messed up if touched and knocked around. Then I used pomade to smooth the hair in the back.

Mine was a last minute first wig styling attempt so it wasn't too bad considering using a teased to death wig...