PDA

View Full Version : Best hold for Aeris Hair

YuffieKeychain
07-04-2003, 11:11 AM
What's the best stuff to use for Aeriss bangs? I can get her hair (bangs)right, but I can't get it to stay =( Some people told me that ice spray would work, but I don't know what that is.. o.o;

Adella
07-04-2003, 01:53 PM
That sounds about right ::nod:: I always use different stuff @_@ Just go to a beauty store and ask for it.. I'm sure they'd know what it is.

positivespace
07-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I always find the cheapest hair stuff usually gives the SUPER DUPER concrete-hair hold... 'cause those products don't care about trying to make your style look "natural." Sally Beauty Supply (if you have one of those in your area), are pretty good for carrying the super cheap, unknown brands.

And a blow dryer to set any product works wonders... =)

Lady
07-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Elmer's Glue*nods* Work that through the parts you want to stick up, then hold and use a hairdrier on it until it's dry. It's the ONLY thing that has worked on my hair.

-Lady

YuffieKeychain
07-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone ^_^

strychnine
07-07-2003, 08:28 AM
And it's easy to wash out too, is uncolored, unflavoured gelatin. It's super effective! just mix it thick, put it in your hair, dry it a little, sculpt it when it's the right consistancy, then blowdry!

Adella
07-07-2003, 10:27 PM
don't use elmers glue in your hair yuffiekeychain. *scowl* that's bad for your hair and especially if you use it on your bangs. I've had people ask me if I glued my hair and I just gave them this @_@ expression. I use hardly any hairspray in my hair as it is.. the less the better.

YuffieKeychain
07-07-2003, 10:34 PM
yea I wasn't going to use the gule o.o; lol the thought of it kind of scares me *.* lol

Adella
07-07-2003, 11:04 PM
yeah I know XD :heart: the strongest hold I've found and actually used was Aquanet really.

Mouse
07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
I have some Aquanet that I use on my curls, after that I just blow-dry it on a low setting and that will usually hold pretty well. Good luck, make sure you post some pictures for us to see when you're finished. ^_^

Aspen
07-31-2003, 10:31 PM
Same thing for really really thick hair?
My hair is thick, even a handfull of ice gel wont hold it straight up!

Neko Cathy
08-01-2003, 01:11 AM
One day I decided to do the Aeris bangs thing just to figure out how the hell she gets them to stay up. .... I rubberbanded my bangs, left them like that for hours (people gave me weird looks) and they stayed up for an hour and a half!

hairspray would also work, but that's the cheapest way to do it ^_^v

Serria
08-01-2003, 04:06 PM
I've only attempted the Aeris-bangs once, using normal hair spray with my I-can-hardly-manage-a-ponytail talent... eh, heh... let's just say that my respect for Aeris Gainsborough tripled that night. I'm looking for that Ice hairspray stuff... my hair is really thick, so I hope it works miracles! :o

Sarabella
08-02-2003, 02:57 AM
I've found that a round brush to brush it while it's being set with a blow dryer kind of helps because it will smooth it out a little, and adding maybe a few extra sprays afterwards does the trick...

Adella, I really do envy you for your remarkably beautiful and extremely accurate hair. :) Sigh! I wonder if I can ever get mine to look as good. Of course, you have a very beautiful face to go with it, so I think that even if you're hair wasn't up like Aeris', you'd still look a lot like her. ^_^;