PDA

View Full Version : Potter Professor Costumes

Scortia
07-05-2003, 06:13 PM
There's been a few threads about Potter cosplay, but most cosplayers, I've noticed, make the student uniforms... I was just curious how many people have made, or will make, a professor (or other wizard adult) costume? Also, do you go by the movie cloak designs or make your own? For myself, I love Remus Lupin so much that I have to cosplay him. ^.^ Plus, I already have his hair (well, according to my view of him anyway). Since the 3rd movie isn't out for a year yet (*wince*), I'm designing my own cloak which is below. Anyway, just wanted to have a chance to discuss with other Potter cosplayers.

Koumori
07-05-2003, 08:25 PM
I've been considering doing Madam Pomfrey. I'm far too old to do one of the students.

And please don't limit yourself to just what the movies show you - remember these are BOOKS, and as such we are still allowed to use our imaginations, regardless of the constraints Chris Columbus et al. would like to place on them.

peaseblossom
07-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Someone who looks remotely like Alan Rickman or Trent Reznor seriously needs to do a Snape costume. Something about the whole tall, dark and snarky thing just does it for me.

Hitomi chan
07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
I want to make professor McGonagall, I've made a new pair of glasses with the square shape of Maggie Smith's ones, but I need to get the pointy hat and the velvet green robes.

Nachoman
07-09-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm planning to have prepared a Resurrected Lord Voldemort by next year's Toronto Trek. I would fit a lot better as Proffesor Severus Snape, but I'm ratter into mayor prostetics rather than greasy wigs.

Scortia
07-09-2003, 05:22 PM
*clicks costumes link* Awww... and you'd be a wonderful Severus too. ;_; Oh well, Lord Voldemort would be amusing as well. ^.^ You need to find a little pudgy lacky Peter to follow you around. ^o^;;

Daala
07-10-2003, 07:13 AM
I've wanted to make a Snape outfit, but seeing as I don't have the hair I'll have to find someone that does. However I'm going to to do a Dementor this year for halloween.

Nachoman
07-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Ah, who knows, I still have a bit more than a year to change my mind. The black silky robe (the hardest part of either costume) could be common to both of them, and I have recently seen a girl who made her own wig from zero.

duck
07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
I would love to do Nymphadora Tonks. I just wish there were more detail on her.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Maybe go for her when she's wearing Muggles Clothes (there is this illustration of her in the American Version of OotP)? Well with her kind of wacky hair, people may recognize u! ;)

I think one Professor I may want to do is Madame Hooch in her Teaching Outfit. But that'll requires those special contacts and spiky hair which I can only do after I cut my hair next year (this year I need it for Arwen).

Koumori
07-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by duck
I would love to do Nymphadora Tonks. I just wish there were more detail on her.

They're still books! Use your imagination! :)

ThatYaoiBoy
07-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Haha, I'll actually be doing a Young Sirius at Otakon 03. So >_> I plan on getting lots of hugs if you know why T_T;

806. We'll never forget.

Scortia
07-14-2003, 05:51 PM
*sniff* Yeah... Will you be wearing a collar? ^o^

Garuda_Aiacos
07-15-2003, 01:42 AM
And don't forget a dog leash! :D

(I'm preparing 3 sets for my LOTR Group this Dec anyway :D )

ThatYaoiBoy
07-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Hahaha I'm actually doing a gryffindor outfit, but I can bring a dog collar and dog leash with me!

ThatYaoiBoy
07-15-2003, 06:17 AM
Btw, I find this amusing ^_^

http://userpic.livejournal.com/5774916/588169

>_> for all of those that believe in Padfoot x Moony canon. ^_^;; It's so obvious. XD;

Scortia
07-15-2003, 08:09 AM
You could easily make a profit charging girls to give you walks. ^O^

LMAO at the avatar... I just reread the third book and damn, there's even hinting there... "Will you forgive me for thinking you were the spy?" "If you'll forgive me for thinking you were the betrayer." *gush* Yeah, that wasn't an embrace like a brother... ^_____^ I'm so SiriusxRemus that it's not funny... even for all the SiriusxHarry going on in the 5th book (Rowling must look at fansites or something ^^;;) there was still a lot of SiriusxRemus. Damn, I need to finish my doujinshi or I'll start getting twitchy. O.o

ThatYaoiBoy
07-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Haha ^__^; I wanna kill JK Rowling. *plasters a fake smile on his face*

SiriusxRemus is TOTALLY Canon =_= I don't care what other people think. Look at them :/ it's obvious. XD;

Mich
08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm gonna cosplay Tonks...

*Shiva*
08-02-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd love to do McGonagall at some point, or Sprout. ^^

Parasaurolophus
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
After re-reading OotP, I think it would be cool to do Tonks, and I really like Hooch's movie outfit. I'll have to make at least one cosplay for the last book release.
*thinks about making a wierd sisters tee*

Mich
08-02-2005, 05:39 PM
After re-reading OotP, I think it would be cool to do Tonks, and I really like Hooch's movie outfit. I'll have to make at least one cosplay for the last book release.
*thinks about making a wierd sisters tee*
Yep, would be fun to do.....but I bought one of these off eBay( waiting for it to arrive)....Thought this outfit would be good to wear on a semi-costume day at a con....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29798&item=6550125160&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V
I liked this style a lot....

Syphnian
08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I would love to see a Weird Sisters cosplay or a Tonks especially (even though I don't care much for her as a character). The same 10ish characters get cosplayed constantly and where as I'll always squeal for a hot Snape cosplayer, I'd love to see one of the NUMEROUS minor characters (Tonks, Wierd Sisters, The Fat Lady from the Portrait, Madam Roserta, Viktor, etc etc). Because there isn't a *large* amount of detail for such characters, I think it makes them more interesting to make in that you can let your own vision be your muse as opposed to the movies. Of course at the same time, you may not be recognized as much at a con....buuuut I'd lose my shit if I ever saw the Weird Sisters. I'd almost rather see them than a Snape.... almost ;)

BebopCola2021
08-03-2005, 10:59 PM
this site has some of the professor's hats:

http://www.anniescostumes.com/harrypotterhats.htm?source=overture&ovmkt=EOHQK1A0T8RBQSSD32J9EKLAQC&OVRAW=Harry%20Potter%20professor%20hats&OVKEY=harry%20potter%20glasses&OVMTC=advanced

Garuda_Aiacos
08-04-2005, 05:07 AM
I'll love to do Hooch "Flying Lesson" Outfit one day tho' there is very limited infos about it compared to the Referee Outfit.'

Okay, maybe after I do a Beauxbatons School Uniform. :p

PrettyKittyMulu
08-04-2005, 02:52 PM
You know, sherbet-lemon.net has iron-on transfer pictures for a Weird Sisters shirt (among others). Much cheaper to get a plain white t-shirt and iron on paper. ^^;

I'm definitely doing Tonks for the Order of the Phoenix movie, whenever that happens to be.

Kitsune
08-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I've cosplayed Sirius out of Order of the Phoenix (spolier: Sirius through the veil) for the premiere of the sixth book. I rather liked how it came out.
It the future, I'm planning to cosplay both Tonks in an original outfit and Madam Hooch in, again, a costume of my own design. I just don't like the movie costumes for Hooch that much.
My friend cosplayed Tonks from the end of OotP (in patched jeans and Weird Sisters shirt) for the premiere. She was sooo cute ^_^

xo_madhatter
08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I could probably do Flitwick, God knows I'm not tall enough for any other professor. I'm planning to get my friends to do a Marauders with me.

Syphnian
08-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Another adult HP costume that I would LOVE to see would be international Quidditch team uniforms. That would allow for soooooo much creativity while still sticking to the costume canon somewhat. For instance how cool would it be to see someone in say, American team Quidditch robes? Or Bulgaria? etc etc. Plus it'd be great for people like me who would love to do a Quidditch uniform, but in no way are going to dress up like a student *vomit*

Moonlit Child
08-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I've toyed around with a young Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody costume, mainly because there's no way I'd pull off all that make-up. And I love his character. There's one description of him in book five of him when he's younger, and I'm pretty confident I could pull it off. Just need the time and the money.

Neo_Serenity
08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
They're still books! Use your imagination! :)

Well said! I cosplayed as Fleur de la Coeur at AX05 and at the Border's Books sixth book release during San Diego Comic Con 05. All I had on her was that she has long blonde hair (check!) pale skin (check!) and the Beauxbatons robes were made from light blue silk.

So I purchased a white tie with blues of different shades running through it, and two patches for Beauxbatons. I sewed one to the tie, and one to some robes I made from some light blue sateen like material (sorry, no silk yet!). Completed the outfit with store bought dark navy pleated skirt, a white button up blouse I had at home, white tights and high heeled mary janes.

It was great fun to cosplay as her, and it made it easier there weren't a lot of pics of her, because I got a little more free reign with the costume.

(pics in my harry potter 6th book release and ax05 galleries) ^^

madame morte
08-11-2005, 03:27 AM
I really wish I could put together a snape outfit, but I have no idea where to start. Without a pattern, I'm lost x3

Mich
08-11-2005, 04:31 AM
I really wish I could put together a snape outfit, but I have no idea where to start. Without a pattern, I'm lost x3
Well if you don't want to make the robes, you can get cheap ones off eBay, and wigs and wands too:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oak-Hall-Graduation-Gown-56-58-Black_W0QQitemZ5605280325QQcategoryZ3210QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
Or just type in Graduation gown or similar...
WIG:Something like this that you can cut down
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LP-BLACK-LIZ-WIG-SKIN-PARTING-FANCY-DRESS-ACCESSORY_W0QQitemZ5414345622QQcategoryZ86207QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem
Wands:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOLLY-WAND-15_W0QQitemZ6551253826QQcategoryZ1340QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem
Good luck!

madame morte
08-11-2005, 09:50 AM
The only thing with graduation gowns are, they're so shiny. I was thinking of making/buying a neo(from the matrix) costume and altering that.

Mich
08-11-2005, 12:04 PM
The only thing with graduation gowns are, they're so shiny. I was thinking of making/buying a neo(from the matrix) costume and altering that.
Well the British ones aren't,plus they are more realistic....
You could wear one of these OVER something you have..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-Fancy-Dress-Teachers-Gown-Robe_W0QQitemZ8324358165QQcategoryZ58373QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Enk
08-11-2005, 12:39 PM
If you click on my gallery, there is a picture of the Harry Potter Professors cosplay group, myself as Madame Maxime.

I am cosplaying Tonks for CN Anime, complete with a wolf puppy :D

PrettyKittyMulu
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I am cosplaying Tonks for CN Anime, complete with a wolf puppy :D
That's SO CUTE. I loved Tonks at the end of HBP.

Enk
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
That's SO CUTE. I loved Tonks at the end of HBP.

She and I have so much in common that I just had to. I am currently working on designs to paint on a T-shirt.

gothicpanda
08-13-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm planning to have prepared a Resurrected Lord Voldemort by next year's Toronto Trek. I would fit a lot better as Proffesor Severus Snape, but I'm ratter into mayor prostetics rather than greasy wigs.

Hi! Long time no see. I thought you moved away?

Kairi G
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
my mom has a Professor Sprout costume that is just totally adorable :P we made it together for all the various Potter related events this year.
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=84277

We might at some point make her a McGonagall costume too. but who knows when.