PDA

View Full Version : Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender

tasan84
07-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Hello! My friends (along with her sisters and their friends) and I are planning on cosplaying as a group as characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender for Fanime 2009. And I want to start preparing AHEAD of time since last year's con didn't go so well due to wig issues (didn't have anything to detanglize the wig, and commissioner forgot a few things and it was my first time cosplaying. I really want the second time to be better.)

I'm going as Mai (from the finale episode). The costume is going be commissioned by her sister and their mother. However, I'm most concerned about is the wig. To anyone who as cosplayed as her, did you styled the wig yourselves? I just need some directions on how to style it, and figure out the length with the hair down. Or is it better to get the wig commissioned as well since it probably looks complicated? I apologized if I'm asking too much. ^^;

Koumori
07-26-2008, 09:34 AM
There's an Avatar thread here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=58821 You might try asking this there, or searching "mai wig" or something of the sort using the search function.

tasan84
07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the link, I'll try that. :)