PDA

View Full Version : Capcom All stars Cosplay

Daala
09-19-2002, 10:53 AM
here's another idea for all you game cosplayers ^_^
3 New stars (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020902/sin.htm)

Michi
09-19-2002, 11:41 AM
*gasp* Hiryu... in the new 3D Street Fighter game??? O_O!!!

Iori E
09-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Capcom's answer to KOF. That's what it really is. :P (I mean, just look at those characters.)

I'm just getting a kick out of Haggar being in the game. :D

Daala
09-19-2002, 01:51 PM
naw it more like, capcoms answer to Tekken...LOL. But that's okay I can live with the fact that they added Rival Schools characters. ^_^

Oshi
09-19-2002, 04:04 PM
STRIDERRRRR!!! Booyaka!
*click*... cannot find server... *refresh*... nothing... wtf ;_;
There it goes!
YAY! Awsome...
Hey! I remember Haggar! From that game... what was it... It was a loooong time ago that I played it...

Nietsche
09-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Which one Oshi? Final Fight or Muscle Bomber ('Slam Masters' in the west)?

The girl looks nice but the guys seem..i dunno uninspiring....

Xeno
09-19-2002, 06:01 PM
Since when did we stray into the new capcom game? i think if this is their way of bringing out alpha 4 or a vs. series then it'll die faster than final fight 3d on the saturn.

Oshi
09-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Final Fight! That was it.

Iori E
09-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Let's see... characters from some of Capcom's most popular fighters... all in one game... along with some new characters... who just happen to look like Maxima, Kula, and Benimaru... and who could be the main characters of the game...

Sounds like KOF to me. :P

Michi
09-19-2002, 09:58 PM
But KOF is better. *eyes dart*

Iori E
09-19-2002, 11:45 PM
Ah, but lately KOF has started to go downhill...
*glares at Eolith*

Kamui Motoaki
09-20-2002, 12:06 AM
o..h...my.....g.....o...d....
mus..t....cosplay...as....RYU!!!.....
or maybe....STRIDER!!.....
argh!!
mixed emotions!!! *falls over*

Michi
09-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Yes. I miss SNK. -_- *kicks Eolith in the biff*

Iori E
09-20-2002, 01:48 AM
I wish SNK never went bankrupt. I'd feel retarded playing Capcom vs. Playmore. Sounds like some kind of limited-edition Barbie doll collection. -_-

Ranma Saotome
09-20-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Iori E
Capcom's answer to KOF. That's what it really is. :P

Actually that's the SF/Capcom VS series. ^^;

Ranma Saotome
09-20-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Daala
naw it more like, capcoms answer to Tekken...LOL. But that's okay I can live with the fact that they added Rival Schools characters. ^_^

Rival Schools? Hehehehehe, awesome!

Ranma Saotome
09-20-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Xeno
Since when did we stray into the new capcom game? i think if this is their way of bringing out alpha 4 or a vs. series then it'll die faster than final fight 3d on the saturn.

Oh god... No more SF Alpha!!!!!! *dies*

Iori E
09-20-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Actually that's the SF/Capcom VS series. ^^;

Not really. The VS. series never had any new characters... except for Norimaro, but he's a joke character based off a real person... and maybe Ruby Heart, but I heard from a friend that she's in a Breath of Fire game.

There are 3 new characters in this game, and from the looks if it, it seems that they're probably the center of whatever storyline the game might have. And you gotta admit, they look more like KOF characters than Capcom characters...

makio
09-20-2002, 03:40 AM
LoL Kamui -- I'd suggest going as Strider Hiryu at Otakon (since we're both apparently cosplaying KH chars too). I'll be there with Strider Hien. :D

...as for the All-Stars game, the backgrounds/stages in the game remind me of Battle Arena Toshiden3. Sort of. Though I kinda wish they used the game-engine used for Project Justice on Dreamcast/NAOMI board. That was pretty slick looking. :) Hell, I'm still wishing CAPCOM had brought the create-a-student mode over to the domestic version! I could finally make Shuuichi Sawamura!

Nietsche
09-20-2002, 08:24 AM
Yes Will should cosplay Strider! Doesn't ElfEater have a Strider costume she can lend you?

And SNK leaving the video game industry sucks big time! Who will do a sequel to MOTW?

Nietsche
09-20-2002, 08:33 AM
and maybe Ruby Heart, but I heard from a friend that she's in a Breath of Fire game.

Amingo was designed for a game that was eventually scrapped from what i heard! But Sonson was definitely an original character...

Michi
09-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Sonson was from an NES game by Capcom called "Sonson". ^_^; But Ruby Heart was a CvS2 original character. o.o That was her first game.

Choice
09-20-2002, 10:50 AM
i wish there were characters from the best arcade game ever, 4 player captain commando

Studmaster
09-20-2002, 11:25 AM
I guess no one played KoF2k1. (Since people say KoF is going down hill)

Awesome game, no matter what anyone says, you should play it. I did, and I love it. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
09-20-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Iori E
Not really. The VS. series never had any new characters... except for Norimaro, but he's a joke character based off a real person... and maybe Ruby Heart, but I heard from a friend that she's in a Breath of Fire game.

Dood... The VS series was Capcom's answer to SNK's KOF series.

Xeno
09-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Ranma might be right about vs. series ~ KOF but it has evolved and diversed itself into it's own category... it's like you can't even compare the two and find anything alike...

And KOF 2001 isn't as good as 2000... the best KOF is 1997...

Ranma Saotome
09-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Xeno
Ranma might be right about vs. series ~ KOF but it has evolved and diversed itself into it's own category... it's like you can't even compare the two and find anything alike...

And KOF 2001 isn't as good as 2000... the best KOF is 1997...

Trust me on this, I am. :) It is true about KOF and that it has evolved. Whereas Capcom... Can you say quick throw togethers?

And now All-Stars is thier answer to Tekken when SFEX and Toshinden 2 didn't do as well.

Mei Lan Chang
09-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
o..h...my.....g.....o...d....
mus..t....cosplay...as....RYU!!!.....
or maybe....STRIDER!!.....
argh!!
mixed emotions!!! *falls over*

*Cough*...Strider...*uncough*

Michi
09-21-2002, 12:18 AM
..Uncough? How does one uncough? ^^;

Ranma Saotome
09-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Michi

Same way as you do [/COUGH]. :D

Iori E
09-21-2002, 01:37 AM
The Vs. series was initially more of a way to explore the possibility of Street Fighter characters in a Marvel fighting game engine. It also had no real storyline whatsoever to speak of, whereas KOF always had a storyline to it that was official in the SNK universe. Perhaps the Vs. series was made to borrow ideas from KOF as time went on, but then again, KOF borrowed the Striker/Assist idea from the Vs. series, so it goes both ways.

If anything, the Vs. series is Capcom's answer to Kizuna Encounter, the first ever tag-team fighting game.

KOF 2001? Well, I've played that game for a year now, it's entertaining and I like it. But it's gotta be one of the worst KOFs in its entire history. The music is awful (the only good song out of the entire soundtrack is the NESTS Team theme), and the graphics... well, my friend once said that even she could draw better backgrounds than that, and I couldn't help but agree. Plus I absolutely hate super cancels in KOF.
And I heard that KOF 2002 isn't that much better. I'll wait until I play that game before I pass judgement, though.
But then, this is just my opinion. Everybody has their own preferences.

Say, did anyone check up on the news? Seems that Capcom All-Stars has some more characters, including Alex, Batsu, and Poison.

...Poison? o_O;;;;;

makio
09-21-2002, 02:55 AM
I didn't hear about the new characters (yet), though if Alex and Batsu are in it, that just heightens my anxiousness to play it!

Mei Lan Chang
09-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Michi

Silly Michi, only the great masta knows the secrets of uncoughing. Come train at my dojo for ten years and this knowledge might be your own.

Nietsche
09-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Poison? why not?
She had a really funny super in that Final Figh 3D fighting game!
The only character I cared to explore!

Michi
09-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang

Silly Michi, only the great masta knows the secrets of uncoughing. Come train at my dojo for ten years and this knowledge might be your own.

:o I am not worthy, great master!

...Um anyway. ^_^; Eee is there a full character listing somewhere?

Iori E
09-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, it's about time Poison left that no-good dead beat Hugo/Andore... :p

EDIT: Michi, it depends on where you look. IGN and Gamespot have slightly different character lists.

Ranma Saotome
09-22-2002, 10:25 PM
But when you think about about it... A Capcom All-Stars Cosplay group is no different from a Street Fighter cosplay group?

ChenCzen
09-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Sorry choice, but captain commando was not the best arcade game ever. i have that game on snes btw, and jack and the ninja is the way to go, followed by the baby-professor.

no, the best arcade game ever was alien vs predator.

Daala
09-23-2002, 08:11 AM
BTW, I'm a fan of SNK's KOF... however 2k crap and they did make it look better in 2k1. And now on 2k2 they took out king.... make up your minds..LOL

True, true... but you gotta like that they dropped in the K' look-a-like..heh.

Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
But when you think about about it... A Capcom All-Stars Cosplay group is no different from a Street Fighter cosplay group?

I just wanted to drop the idea out for you all to look at ^_^, after all seeing Akira & Batsu in a new game is great. (Daala being the owner of projectjustice.com shameless plug!):thumbsup:

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Daala
I just wanted to drop the idea out for you all to look at ^_^, after all seeing Akira & Batsu in a new game is great. (Daala being the owner of projectjustice.com shameless plug!):thumbsup:

Hey, I'd love to be in that cosplay group, but I just asked. ^^; Projectjustice.com? There is a kami... *passes out*

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by HuongStar
Hooray for more Rival Schools characters! ^_^

Indeed because Kyosuke is the man! :skidude2: