PDA

View Full Version : BatmAN Cosplay

shedevil1428
07-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes, yes, yes...I know. I'm planning on doing a Batman cosplay. And granted, I have been doing female characters from the movie WAY WAY before "The Dark Knight" came out.

I recently got my Harley Quinn costume remade and I'm looking for a few other fans to fill some other roles so we can cosplay the characters we love.
I'm looking for SERIOUS/DEDICATED cosplayers, with resemblance to the actual characters (I'm eventually hoping to start a group similiar to Gotham Public Works) to continually do Batman-related cosplay with, making our first appearance at Youmacon.

These are the open roles:
Joker
Huntress
Bane
Catwoman
Riddler
Scarecrow
Mad Hatter
Penquin
Mr. Freeze
Two Face
Killer Croc (this could be a tough one, haha)
Batman
Poison Ivy

If there is someone else in the series that you are a fan of, think would be a good part of the list and would like to play...please feel free to let me know!

navigated
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Two-Face, reporting for duty.

Well - at the risk of being skinned alive, it will be a female version of Two-Face just because I'm not butch enough to pull it off other wise. Though in my defense I will do my best to be tasteful about it. This probably isn't what you had in mind, but I thought I'd just put that out there.

Dazzle chan
08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Well,
If I do go to Youma...

I'll definitaly consider bringing Poison Ivy
^-^

Spidey Racer
08-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes, yes, yes...I know. I'm planning on doing a Batman cosplay. And granted, I have been doing female characters from the movie WAY WAY before "The Dark Knight" came out.

I recently got my Harley Quinn costume remade and I'm looking for a few other fans to fill some other roles so we can cosplay the characters we love.
I'm looking for SERIOUS/DEDICATED cosplayers, with resemblance to the actual characters (I'm eventually hoping to start a group similiar to Gotham Public Works) to continually do Batman-related cosplay with, making our first appearance at Youmacon.

These are the open roles:
Joker
Huntress
Bane
Catwoman
Riddler
Scarecrow
Mad Hatter
Penquin
Mr. Freeze
Two Face
Killer Croc (this could be a tough one, haha)
Batman
Poison Ivy

If there is someone else in the series that you are a fan of, think would be a good part of the list and would like to play...please feel free to let me know!

Where is the pic of you costume?

riamthewanderer
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I will be there as The Joker, which I am currently working on. I'm going all out for this one. I just started cosplaying seriously this year. I can only be there for Saturday, but I think we should do a meet up.

And I would love to see Harley Quinn, I have been looking for someone to cosplay as her for awhile.

My cousin may be Poison Ivy if he ever gets around to buying his fabric. >.< Our entire pstore is doing a Batman theme. I am either helping or making everyones costumes. Lucky me. ^^

Elendriel
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Well I shall have either classic Harley Quinn, an artwork version of her, or a Dark Knight version if I end up going, along with a Joker :)

0bscurity
09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I'll have my Batman Begins-verse Scarecrow for Friday (possibly saturday) night!

Elendriel
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
OOH! Obscurity, I definitely want photos with you! XD XD

We'll be around!

fma_01_fan
10-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Well I'm gonna be the Joker for the first day. I don't know about the other days, but I'm quite serious about my Joker's cosplay 'cause the costume cost over 100 bucks. All thanks to Hot Topic. x3

riamthewanderer
10-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Well I'm gonna be the Joker for the first day. I don't know about the other days, but I'm quite serious about my Joker's cosplay 'cause the costume cost over 100 bucks. All thanks to Hot Topic. x3

I wasn't found of Hot Topic's "Joker" wear. Esp. the vest. Ugh.

They hop on anything popular now these days.

fma_01_fan
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I wasn't found of Hot Topic's "Joker" wear. Esp. the vest. Ugh.

They hop on anything popular now these days.

Aww~ well I love the outfit they did for the Joker. It's quite sexy, lol. ON ME, haha! J TO THE K. Anyways~ you lost me on the last part you said.. they hop on anything popular.. you know. x3

riamthewanderer
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Aww~ well I love the outfit they did for the Joker. It's quite sexy, lol. ON ME, haha! J TO THE K. Anyways~ you lost me on the last part you said.. they hop on anything popular.. you know. x3

Well it's true. If it is popular they have it in their store. I used to like their stuff, it was unique now everyone is covered in their stuff. To quote a friend "It looks like Hot Topic threw up all over her." Noe they shelves are covered in carebear, invader zim and other such crap.

But this is just my opinion. :cool:

Elendriel
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Just as a heads up, to anyone who doesn't visit the youma forums :)

Right now we have two photoshoots planned, more or less meet-ups

4 PM Friday - hotel lobby
possibly 2 PM Saturday - hotel lobby (if it doesn't conflict with a lot)

I will be there as classic Harley along with a classic Joker and Ivy :)

riamthewanderer
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM

will try to make it to the one on Saturday!

0bscurity
10-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I won't be able to make it to either, unfortunately - I'll only have my Scarecrow for Friday night, after the maid cafe, and Saturday I'll be in Slurper gear until I collapse from the pain.

Have fun everyone!

Elendriel
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Will you be the Scarecrow at the ball?

0bscurity
10-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I didnn't really plan on attending the ball - BUT I'll be...in the general area of the ball in Scarecrow, so in that sense, yes? XD Basically, I'll be just around the con in general all friday evening (after the Maid Cafe, onward) in him. Hopefully I'll at least run into people @_@ I sure hope everyone won't be changing out after the shoots.

Elendriel
10-22-2008, 06:59 AM
hah awesome.

Well Friday evening before the ball I'll still be in classic Harley, then I'll be wearing my formal Harley around later that night (for the ball and around) - photos in my gallery :) Grab me if you see me before I see you!

Vessa-Sushi
10-22-2008, 09:57 AM
After playing Batman Lego, I was seriously debating doing a 'natural' Poison Ivy. I have reddish hair, and it would save me money if I used it instead of a wig. The rest would be green tights, and the top would be covered in ivy leaves bought from the dollar store.

I am cheap, but it would be fun ^.^

I hope to see the batman group wandering around. It's cool to see cosplay outside of the anime area at conventions ^.^

Gilly_kins
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm going to be bringing my Poison Ivy with me and wearing it on the friday, I'm praying for warmth right now... It snowed yesterday T_T

Elendriel
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Gilly! *hugs* My Ivy! XD

fma_01_fan
10-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Well it's true. If it is popular they have it in their store. I used to like their stuff, it was unique now everyone is covered in their stuff. To quote a friend "It looks like Hot Topic threw up all over her." Noe they shelves are covered in carebear, invader zim and other such crap.

But this is just my opinion. :cool:

Well okay~ it's all good. x3

Not literally everyone is covered with their stuff tho. Aha~ but I guess I get what you mean. That store is still unique tho.

fma_01_fan
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM

I will be there as classic Harley along with a classic Joker and Ivy :)

I'll be going to the one on Friday. Hopefully, I'll make it on time coming from school and all. Once again, I'll be the Joker from the Dark Knight. Blahblah~ you know.

raptorguy11
10-29-2008, 03:43 PM
i can do batman

Elendriel
10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
awesome!! XD