PDA

View Full Version : Placebo

daria_jack
07-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Anyone into them? Recomend some good songs? I've just gotten into them, and I simply love This Picture. And the Bitter End video is great. Anyway, what do you think?

Nirv
07-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I think they are good. Although Brian Malko scares me a bit with the confusion in his gender and all. But Blackeyed and Bitter End are great songs.

Kaede
07-06-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm really into Placebo...and Brian *fufu* 4 years ago I wrote a paper on how he was my role model hah ^^;
hum If I really had to choose, I guess my favorite songs would be Nancy Boy, Haemoglobin, Pure Morning, Every Me Every You, Taste In Men, I Know, Without You I'm Nothing (esp when he recorded this with David Bowie). I also recommend checking out Velvet Goldmine if you haven't, Brian and Steve are in it ^^

JustinCredible
07-06-2003, 10:03 PM
'Every Me, Every You' is a song that bands attempt to create that few are really able to achieve... its a must hear!

Ellone
11-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Oh my god there are actually other Placebo fans out there....I'M SO HAPPY(i live in the middle of nowhere and people are like "you like who?" ^_^) I have loved them forever and a day and my boyfriend has all their albums and i'm always borrowing them from him. I can't possibly figure out which of their songs are my favorites because i just can't pick so i'll just say this. Personally i think their album Without You I'm Nothing is their best and even though it isn't their most popular album, Black Market Music is a must have.
I'm going to see them live in Dallas and i'm so freaking happy :dances:

Kaede
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Ah yes!! Revival! I'm so happy that they've scheduled an N.American tour. I'm going to see them in NY which is about 3 hours by train but they're worth it. Did anyone get Sleeping With Ghosts? I know it came out in April, but I never got around to buying the CD/getting tracks and I feel so out of date.

shiroi_yukiko
11-14-2003, 11:56 AM
^^ I didn't get Sleeping with Ghosts either, but laziness might pay off! Haha. I'd rather try to get my hands on the 2-disc import. The second disc is all cover songs that they've done! I want...

And yay for seeing Placebo in NYC!

Jun_Kazama
11-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Placebo is awesome. My current fave song by them is Special K.
good stuff.

Ellone
11-16-2003, 02:44 PM
i went and bought Sleeping With Ghosts on the first day it was out (ooooh it tis good ^-^) but i really really really want the 2 disc sleeping with ghosts but i can't find it anywhere ;_;

Special K is god

Kaede
11-16-2003, 02:46 PM
I just had it in my hands at Newbury Comics today, but it was $36 ^^;;

Ellone
11-16-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm afraid that what would happen if i found it would be as follows:

::Finds Sleeping With Ghosts 2 disc import::
::I beam happily::
::Looks in wallet, moth flys out::
::Looks back up again staring lovingly at cd::
::single tear falls down cheek::

Oh well, going to see them live erases my sadness about not having it completely ^_^ (oooh Brian Molko in concert....I WILL DIE A HAPPY PERSON ^^)
His voice is heaven