PDA

View Full Version : how to get wigs?

Di Vates
07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
ok i'm going to be a first time cosplayer soon, i'm going for all three days and doing three difrent characters....Where can i find wigs...how much do they cost? Can you do anny type of style you want for the hair, on the wig,(maybe cut it to look the way you need it) I'm so stumped...Please help.

kitty_neko
07-06-2003, 04:06 PM
have you tryed google? there are a ton of threads about good wig sites around here, too... o.o;

try a bunch of different searches, and it might help to post pictures of the hair styles so people can give you more specific help ^_^;

Ina
07-06-2003, 04:11 PM
www.witchwigs.com is one of the many sites out there

www.internationalwig.com is a really good one.

good wigs are usually $50 and up, and it depends why type of and quality of the wig if you want to style it to the character of your choice.

HitenMitsurugi
07-06-2003, 05:59 PM
try www.katiebair.com she has really good wigs I've heard and for just about 100$ each depending on what you want. And if you're looking for lower cost wigs that you could work on to make your own, try www.amphigory.com. Hope i could be of help!

Koumori
07-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, there are lots of different ways to style wigs. Katie Bair, who posts here as karaokekate, is a wealth of wisdom on styling techniques. You can certainly cut wigs, and you can do lots of things with wigs that you can't do with real hair, too (style them with glue, paint them, etc.) Wigs are one area where you really do get what you pay for, so I would recommend against buying a wig based solely on the cheapest price you can find. Mine have run $50-60+ and I usually buy them from Amphigory, unless I'd prefer to have someone else style it, and then I call on Katie, who really ought to be paying me for the number of times I plug her. :)

KaraokeKate
07-07-2003, 05:31 AM
I can send you cookies with your Kyo wig! ~_^

Rubber_Gundam
07-13-2003, 08:17 AM
If you are looking for a good quality synthetic wig go to wilshirewigs.com. Im buying my inu-yasha wig for $9.00 plus s&h.

Hope that helped,

KaraokeKate
07-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Rubber_Gundam
If you are looking for a good quality synthetic wig go to wilshirewigs.com. Im buying my inu-yasha wig for $9.00 plus s&h.

*kof*besuretopostthosepictureswhenthewigshowsup*ko f*

Koumori
07-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Rubber_Gundam

Hope that helped,

Um. $9.00? I hope that works out for you - that's nowhere near what I would expect to pay for a quality wig.