PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a Kyo cosplay ^^;

LionheartZER0
07-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Hehe , can someone help me with my Kyo cosplay? This is the Cage Outfit..that he wore in the Cage pv XD Uhh , im a n00b to cosplaying. I wanted to know if there is some kind of chemical thatll make stuff metallic looking , and shinny ^__^ YES I SPELL IT SHINNY. *ahem* And um...what is that thing on his arm ? its like..a ripped arm cuff..or something. And his..tie looking thing. I can cut it so it looks all nice and stringy like that , but what is it XD uhh...thanks for your help in advance! i think T__T

The image take a while a load since its pretty big.

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/finalfantasy8/Kyo_Cosplay4.jpg

Cyber Wolf
07-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Okay...

Tie: You can probably just get a regular tie and shread and maybe add some more black strips to it to make it look fuller. I guess it is just a tie o_o

Coat: Um, I don't think there's any type of chemical you can use withoit damaging that coat ^^;;; Maybe you should just find one or make out of PVC or pleather.

Thingie on his arm: Yep, it's a ripped cuff. ^^ But most cuffs won't give you such a long tear so you could either buy and oversized shirt and then rip it, make your own, or get a normal sized shirt and so tears onto it.

hnt
07-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Wahhh!!! I want to walk around with a Kyo XD Chemicals that can make stuff shinie? :3 I wish that existed :D

Btw: Me Anko from BAAF forums :3

Osiris N
07-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Ah...you are working on my favorite costume. I really wanna do that one, but I did the lab-coat version of Cage. LOL Best of luck and just easily find a used pleather coat and a BUNCH of safety pins. ^_^

LionheartZER0
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
^^; thank youuu
do you many leather ? cyber wolf and you said "pleather" xD

Chosuke
07-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Pleather is a form of faux leather that is MUCH cheaper then buying the real thing but gives the right effect ^^;..not a typo.

klaha
07-08-2003, 11:47 AM
wow you must be real exotic looking to pull off something like a kyo costume. i want photos later. ;_;

BloodDragonW
07-08-2003, 11:49 AM
hmm, you can always use vinal for the jacket... thats always shinney! ^_^ It looks like vinal to me anyway...Good luck with the costume

hnt
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
How much is Pleather? o_O

Osiris N
07-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Cheaper than Vinyl, I do believe. *Nods*

Cyber Wolf
07-08-2003, 06:11 PM
*saw pleather for $5 a yard in Manhattan* Cyba will be making a pleather costume very soon, ne? ^^

Chosuke
07-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Depending on the vinyl.. you can get the really nice drapey vinyl..or the stiff really crappy stuff that doesnt move o_O;

hnt
07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
*saw pleather for $5 a yard in Manhattan* Cyba will be making a pleather costume very soon, ne? ^^

5 dollars?! Not that bad! ^_^ But I don't think Aya (PLC) uses that kind of stuff in the Ai No Uta outfit :3

ChocoKyo666
07-10-2003, 12:32 AM
^____^ GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR KYO COSTUME!!! i hope i see u a BAAF!!! ..i'm not as tall as Kyo..I'M 5'1..BUT CLOSE ENOUGH!!.. and both of us r gonna be Kyo!!! i'm not the only 1!!! YAY!!! (>'.')>

Cyber Wolf
07-16-2003, 01:39 PM
!!! EEEEE!!! I think I found something you'll be able to spray on leather-like cloth! ^^ I've never bought this but maybe it'll help:
http://www.howcool.com/pleasersshoes/PL-PATENT%20GLOW.htm

Moogle Hiromi
07-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Hmm that stuff that is very stiff and hard to work with is usually for furnature and stuff. ^^ You need like real thick thread and stuff there.

May I ask a question....? Has anyone got any pics of Kyo from the Raison Detre vid? I am going to be doing that some time. Yay. ^^;

Skullez
07-17-2003, 12:05 AM
omg for those shiney ..*?* thigns on the coat u can use a hammer and thum tacks !! it works out great!! i use this method just poke the thum tack through and hammer down the sharp pointy thingys.

but i dono about the coat u can always use pleather or soemthing. or cotten works just as well.

btu the tum tack thing is cool !

Cyber Wolf
07-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Moogle Hiromi
Hmm that stuff that is very stiff and hard to work with is usually for furnature and stuff. ^^ You need like real thick thread and stuff there.

May I ask a question....? Has anyone got any pics of Kyo from the Raison Detre vid? I am going to be doing that some time. Yay. ^^;

Heh heh...I can take screencaps ^_~ I already took a lot of Kaoru ones for somebody else on this board. Just PM me with your e-mail address, and make sure it's one that can recieve lots of attachments XD

Kaede
07-17-2003, 04:50 PM
ooo Moogle what con do you plan on wearing your Kyo at? I'm going to be starting Raison D'etre Toshiya after Otakon raps up ^^

LionheartZER0
07-17-2003, 04:51 PM
downloading the pv is the best bet. if you think your innocent your now dirty dirty dirty from watching this pv.

thanks for the advice people! i started my cosplay and my mom keeps putting off getting the stuff for me , but she said that if she doesnt get it on time then shell like give me anything i want XD so um , she better get me the stuff.

EDIT : and if i can have a pic of raison detre jyo id get you tons more. i have the pv but its on disc and im at camp right now so i cant watch it XD do a search for japanese channel , they have great , huge DEG pics.

Yui
07-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Um, info on pleather (I feel like I've copied this so many times already...we need a sticky thread on this, maybe...):

It is also called stretch PVC or garment vinyl...and it stretches! ^_- There's 2-way stretch which is enough for most pieces and also the really expensive (almost always just available in black) 4-way stretch.
This is a good reliable source:
http://store.yahoo.com/velvet-fabric/fabric.html
Also, http://www.theatrehouse.com has good service and some insane complex PVC, but is a lot more expensive.
...And you might want to check HotTopic and such for something you may be able to customize. I don't know if that'd be easier.

By the way - you rock and tell your mom she does, too, for helping you out.

(Hehe...I'm the R d'E Kao pic requester noted above. I'll be doing that one early next year...perhaps Katsucon? Um...and I'm still innocent! Haha...I'm immune to that kind of stuff.)

...oh yes, and those "shiny ?'s" are called studs. There's all sorts of different sizes and shapes...your best bet is to check out jewelery/beading stores or craft stores like HobbyLobby or Micheals (or whatever similiar place you have in your area.) I haven't noticed too much at fabric stores, but every once in a while they might be there. I know some stores in the Alley district in Chicago also have replacement stud counters, too, but that's a much more expensive way to go. Wherever you find them, they will either come with a tool to hammer with or can simply be pressed by hand into fabric and locked on the other side with pliers.
Eep, hope that made sense.

Cyber Wolf
07-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Kaede
ooo Moogle what con do you plan on wearing your Kyo at? I'm going to be starting Raison D'etre Toshiya after Otakon raps up ^^

Ooo, I'm planning on doing that costume too ^^

Lionheart: I already checked all of Japanese Channel's pics, they don't really have any Raidon D'etre pics ^^;;

Yui: Yeah I know what you mean, that stuff doesn't bother me either. I mean, 'specially since I'm into jpop and I watch all those lovey dovey fantasies likle Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal all the time, so, yeah. ^^;;;

Kaede
07-17-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm a spammer I know ^_- but if ANYONE mentions those 2 movies I go into catatonic mode *drooldrool* Jeeeeeeeennnnnn
Another place for studs is Interpunk.com. That's where I got pyramid studs for my Cage Kyo jacket. They sell them individually, which is a big plus when I needed *exactly* 57 studs...yesss I counted how many were on his jacket ^^;;

Moogle Hiromi
07-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Cyber Wolf: *teeheehee* thanks, I will PM you after replying! :D *happy*

Kaede: Unfortunately for both you AND me, I will be cosplaying in Australia. XD I was thinking about wearing it to a con called Supanova, but there are many reasons why I should wait to a better con. Plus I already have a cos planned for then. :P

LionheartZER0: Yes I FINALLY just found it on Kazaalite.... but with my BAD connection it will take days to download! I have been downloading KR Cube for about three days [on and off] and I am not even half way through. >_< So one day.... one day.... *me sighs* I have been to Japanese Channel too... no cigar there, but it sure was worth the trip! [Especially those yaoi-ish Gackt pictures]

Oh and I am already a dirty dirty girl... *grins evily*

I wish my mum would get me my stuff! She won't give me the money either! I have to do 80% of a Misha costume by August 8!!! How? *me bangs head on table*

Oh and pleather owns.

Mao~ rant over! XD XD XD

LionheartZER0
07-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Yui

...oh yes, and those "shiny ?'s" are called studs. There's all sorts of different sizes and shapes...your best bet is to check out jewelery/beading stores or craft stores like HobbyLobby or Micheals (or whatever similiar place you have in your area.) I haven't noticed too much at fabric stores, but every once in a while they might be there. I know some stores in the Alley district in Chicago also have replacement stud counters, too, but that's a much more expensive way to go. Wherever you find them, they will either come with a tool to hammer with or can simply be pressed by hand into fabric and locked on the other side with pliers.
Eep, hope that made sense.

XD i think you read shiny wrong. I meant shiny for the jacket/coat , whatwever youd like to call it. We have this craft store and they have lots of studs , i dunno about any sharp ones though.. i saw these gloves and i wanted them for the cosplay and they were really expensive , so i couldnt get them , but i looked into the jacket of my Squall cosplay [ i made this before i knew what cosplay was] and it had like the exact same glives in them. The jacket is a little too puffy for me , and i dont understand how i wore it.. what like 3 years ago ? lol.. meh , theres a thrift shop near where i live and now 2 of my best friends work there o__O; so they can probably get me some kind of discount or something.

Ok..soo! I labeled the parts of the cosplay , please add to the list if i am missing something and tell me if there is an error

-----------------------------------------------------------
Outfit

2 White Ripped Arm Cuffs
[57 thanks Kaede ^^] Many Studs/Grommets/Spikes For the Jacket
1 Black Ripped Stringy Tie
1 Tight Fitting Shiny Black Jacket
1 Long White Shirt [Ripped at the bottom]
Have - 1 Tight Fitting pair[pair?] of Black Shiny Pants
1 Pair of Shiny shoes with like a one inch heel
Have - 1 Pair of gloves

can someone please tell me WHAT THE HELL [i dunno if you can swear here , so i wont use the lovely word that begins with an f]
is that..Skirt..thingie?Its this weird flap thingie covering his crotch. Maybe its just so fan girls dont grab it? Who knows.. I dunno how ill make that. Its like a shiny skirt thingie. Someone tell me what that is.

Makeup
Baby Powder , lots of it , all over my face [a cheap alternative to being pale.]
Red Lipstick
Then Black Lipstick , around the edges
The three lines under his eye , sort of like tears
Hair!!
i dont know how the hell i am going to be able to do this
Black
And then Blonde aroound the edges and near the top.

ok..i think thats about it. Add delete. Tell me what the hell that crotch covering thingie is.

Honestly this cosplay is gonna be more than the combined cost of The entrance fee , things im buying , and sleeping at the hotel.Probably.

Cyber Wolf
07-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Kaede
I'm a spammer I know ^_- but if ANYONE mentions those 2 movies I go into catatonic mode *drooldrool* Jeeeeeeeennnnnn
Another place for studs is Interpunk.com. That's where I got pyramid studs for my Cage Kyo jacket. They sell them individually, which is a big plus when I needed *exactly* 57 studs...yesss I counted how many were on his jacket ^^;;

Yessss....Jareth *_* *cough, cough* Anyway....^^;

You've got a very complete list there, if I do say so myself. ^^ Ithing that flap is all it is; just a flap. Just cut out some fabric in a rectangular/square shape, and put either snaps or velcro on the side that will be attached to the pants. Then, sew snaps/velcro to the part of the pants that flap will be attatched to. That way it won't be a problem getting into the pants. oO And make sure the velcro/snaps line up with each other! ^^

For the hair, you don't have to do his roots if you don't want too, but if you do:

Dye your hair blonde or get a blond wig. Then, get some black hairdye, and apply it to a cheap toothbrush that u can find at 0.99 stores. Then if it's ur own hair, stand in front of the mirror, hold a bunch of you hair up, and brush the roots black. If it's a wig, you can do the same thing though might want to get a foam wig head cause that way it'll be easier to style. You can usually get at the same place you get wigs but you might have to ask for it. ^^

BTW, Lionheart, how DID you get into jrock in the first place? ^^

LionheartZER0
07-20-2003, 01:20 PM
ooh thanks for the help!! *prints*

How i got into jrock?
Well.. first of all , it was Jpop ^^;
Ive liked Hikki since...who knows. 1999 maybe ? How i discovered it , i was in my moms car and i heard one of her songs on the radio [O__O;;] and i listened to who it was and wrote it down. i found lots her crap on the internet [and yes i used the internet when i was 9.] so um.. it started from there and kind of blossomed into Jrock , and i liked that much better [i was like 10 when i started liking jrock] and um...here i am now! and this girl who i met online got me more into it. and ddr. and stuff. and well i met this girl at school and she was talking about hikki and i was like omg yaar and were best friends ^^ [and more~ mwaha] and i love her and she loves me but its kind of confusing beacuse she had a girlfirnend and it was all weird and stuff and we both dont know what love means but lets not get into my social life! yah..

Moogle Hiromi
07-22-2003, 08:03 AM
OK, I write this yesterday morning. Had probs... It is know tomorrow night. Dang.

LionheartZERO: Yes.. things can be weird like that. Not that'd know about anything like that personally. But it is cool you have a JRock fan for a buddy and such.*scratches head* [I am a Kana fan too. :P Sorry dudes for the spam, but she is just too cool.] Ooooh I reckon, if you are going to do the baby powder thing, maybe use cornflower powder. It is really cool. And then you will realise that and insist to your mum that she buy it for you to use after showers [well I do]. Anyway, it is smoother. Plus maybe put some foundation on your face beforehand, and don't moisturise. Well I heard stuff about stuff, and I might try that out right now to see how good my acvice is.... *tata*
*returns looking like she had an accident in the bakery* Um..... make sure the foundation is even and dry. Really. I really wish I had a camera with film. I have powder on my lashes and it is caked, and I am itchy and I look alround stupid. Plus I put a shower cap on and there was still purple water in it from when I died my hair. So everything is A-OK! *achoo*

Ohhh and i got the Raison D'etre PV. Yes. Haha. I like it! XD XD XD

Mao - wrote this message over half an hour ago, then had her internet stuff up on her. THEN! Her grandma's alarm went off and had to sprint uphill for two blocks, bang on the door, then ring mum from her mobile, and is currently very worried. *drop dead*

LionheartZER0
07-22-2003, 03:38 PM
xD raison detre pv is as awesome as it is dirty. i got the pants and jacket for my cosplay , and my mom said shed buy me make up because she didnt want me smelling like baby powder all day..hehe

Spam: i cant wait until the new kana album is out tommorow! ill probably get it like the 30th though T__T and lets hope that the accurately portrays the song titles as pictures in the book. the first song is naked ^__^

Moogle Hiromi
07-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Ohhh that is good... I still had power on my eyebrows for hours after. I am so glad I didn't have school then. :p

I will probably do make up too. But then I am pretty pale anyway, so it shouldn't look too weird. I can't wait to see your's! I don't know when I am going to do mine.... There is a cosplay party in December....

I am glad that I will be able to use the same pants for two costumes. I need vinyl pants. Fun.

Spammage: I don't have any of Kana's albums... I am so stingey. But I am going to get a whole heap of gear before Xmas via CDJapan. Fun.

LionheartZER0
07-31-2003, 07:01 PM
update. i have almost everything ^^; and ill be going to Baaf Saturday , and maybe sunday , since i have school Friday

Moogle Hiromi
07-31-2003, 10:08 PM
Ohh how awesome! I can't wait to see pictures! *wishes she could go to an overseas con one day*

LionheartZER0
08-04-2003, 08:39 PM
WAI! You live in australia ? Eek! Sounds cool ^^

Oh yah btw i need to take the kana stuff out of my sig cuz her album is crappy.

Cyber Wolf
08-04-2003, 09:20 PM
LOL! XD I downloaded one of her songs "Momo", it's like Bjork gone bad x.X;;;

On another note, I can't wait to see your costume! XD

Moogle Hiromi
08-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Ohhh no it sucks. I had a friend come over from Holland yesterday and my best bud and me were showing him around, and he kept getting excited about things. And there was some lady taking a photo of a flower. And I could not help but go -_-; "it is only a flower, why don't you just get a book?"
I live so close to so many famous landmarks and yet i never take the time out to look at them! But I guess it was nice. I'd rather live in Melbourne! Did you know Sydney's population is growing by 1000 every month! :O But I like all the different cultures that are coming.

Kana's new album is crappy?! :O I only heard Anzen Pin. I love that song. But really? :O :O :O I love Momo too. :D

LionheartZER0
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Her new album Ningen-Teki Ningen.. I LOVE Kana. But this album is very dissapointing. First of all its not an album. Its 7 Songs. Ayumi's Maxi Single has 7 songs on it >< Honestly like 4 of the songs are hard to listen to. Never download Ha-to [Heart] Unless youd like to commit suicide.

Moogle Hiromi
08-13-2003, 07:43 PM
*is currently tempted*
Never tell me to do anything.. I just might do it. XD

Oh and I just spent the weekend [and then some] in Melbourne. it is so nice there!