PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Manga- Impressions?

tydawgsd
07-06-2003, 06:21 PM
I just picked up the first 7 volumes of this manga at AX. I really enjoy it. It has a good story, but it is kind of complicated. It took me a little bit to get used to the story telling style, but I really like it now. Good art, and great characters. Loki is awesome.

Anyways, what are your impressions about it?

kitty_neko
07-06-2003, 07:13 PM
I love the series! I have 1-4 right now, and I should be getting 5 and 6 soon... :D

what really drew me to it was the incredible art, and I think the plot is really interesting, although I get lost on ocasion, because events just seem to start out of nothing, and then theres a million things going on at once @_@

I was starting to think that no one knew about it, either! I listed "Ragnarok" as one of my interests in LJ, and everyone was asking me things like "oh, you play Ragnarok Online too?" and they didn't know theres a Ragnarok Manga.... >_<

Jehuty
07-06-2003, 07:21 PM
It's pretty good, Although i'm not a total Ragnarok fan ( I don't play the game, my friends practically live the online game ) I do like the manga. It's very good and well writen and drawn. For some reason I don't get the feeling of "deja vu" like with most manga and anime in the "fantasty" genre because it seems to kind of not be a similar to most it's really good and i'll probally continue reading it.

tydawgsd
07-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah I like it a lot. It is kinda hard to follow too. The game has almost nothing to do with it. I played it for a while. Ack, I read an interview with the author and s/he said it spans 10 years and will be 40-50 volumes! Gah!

Sutefeni
07-10-2003, 04:15 PM
40 to 50 volumes!! Ack!!
Well, I've got three so uh...
Anywho, I like this manga a lot as well...Although I was really surprised when there was reference to Belldandy, Urd and Skuld the three fates...^_^ Of course, I don't really know much about it...

Lafiel
07-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Well Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld are actually based on Norse Myth and the goddess there. In fact Ragnarok is heavily based on Norse myth. At first I found the first volume hard to get through but its really picking up. I'm almost tempted to wait...

Years.. (I guess)

then just pick it all up in one fell swoop.
Then I can Read a bunch at once Between Vol 6 and vol 7, I already forgot what happened >.<

Scortia
07-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm glad you guys mentioned the title because it got me curious when I read "loki" because I generally like series based off of myth... it is sooo up my alley. *_* I'm very very tempted to make either a Loki or Heimdal costume because they are just so beautiful... I'd break my own "don't cosplay kids" rule in this case. *_*

Ayana
07-18-2003, 07:08 PM
We were learning about Norse mythology in German class and my friend and I were like, "We should read Ragnarok!!!" XD

I really like this manga, the story's really interesting and the artwork rocks. Now I just need to actually go out and buy it as opposed to borrowing my friend's copies.

tydawgsd
07-24-2003, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I know a lot about Norse myth. The entire Manga and all it characters are based of Norse Gods and Heroes. The Ragnarok itself is the Norse version of armageddon. The art is awesome! I hope they bring in more of the gods like Frey and Odin.

Nikitsuki
07-25-2003, 04:27 PM
My friend picked up the first volume and when i read it I was like... "uh... brainpower not enough.. ack dying... x.x "
I couldn't really understand and I didn't have enough time to read it a second time... ^^;; I'm also a shoujo fan too... sooo ^^ I still admit that the artwork was very good but I just didn't have the brain capacity to understand it a whole lot. ^^;;