PDA

View Full Version : Disney

Gitz
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Since I'm planning on cosplaying as Basil at Oni-con this year I thought I'd start a thread about Disney cosplay. Anybody else planning on cosplaying as a character from Disney this year? :D

Also, I'm thinking of doing a photoshoot but I'm not entirely sure until I see if there's enough interest in it or not, yet. Kingdom Hearts cosplays will also be allowed to an extent.

RedeadDie
08-03-2008, 01:16 AM
If I finish my human form of Beast from Beauty and the Beast, then I'll probably stop by. (I'm usually in Org. XIII cosplays most of the time though.)

Gitz
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
If I finish my human form of Beast from Beauty and the Beast, then I'll probably stop by. (I'm usually in Org. XIII cosplays most of the time though.)

Don't worry. Organization XIII members are allowed as well.

Also for everybody else, Pixar cosplays are welcomed, too. Any US release of the Studio Ghibli films(Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, etcetera) are also welcome since these films were not created directly by Disney, but still heavily promoted by the company. Furture Disney movies that haven't been released yet, such as Bolt and The Princess and the Frog for example, are also welcomed.

That way there can be some variety.

As far as different categories go for certain cosplayers to be called out and get into position to, so far I've thought starting with the basics.

-Main Disney altogether. (such as Mickey Mouse, KH incarnations of them included, characters from the movies that belong in the main movie cannon, TV shows, shorts)
-Pixar
-Studio Ghibli
-Kingdom Hearts (including any of the Disney characters that appeared in the game)

Then I thought of breaking things down into having characters from different era's such as 20's all the way to the 2000's get into group poses together, (Kingdom Hearts included), animals/beasts/dragons, etc. Then after we get all of the planned categories for poses down and if we have enough time we can just have well, fun. :D Take photo requests from people, crossover for the Hell of it, just mess around and do all a bunch of plain out random stuff together. Just keep it clean.

tahiti
08-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I may bring my Flora from Sleeping Beauty costume, if I can convince my friend whose Fauna to join me as well. Too bad our Merryweather doesn't usually make it to Oni.

serenity_relena
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I may bring my Flora from Sleeping Beauty costume, if I can convince my friend whose Fauna to join me as well. Too bad our Merryweather doesn't usually make it to Oni.

Oh I LOVE Sleeping Beauty! If you two show up as Flora and Fauna I REALLY hope I see you and can get a pic! That is so awesome!

Gitz
08-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh I LOVE Sleeping Beauty! If you two show up as Flora and Fauna I REALLY hope I see you and can get a pic! That is so awesome!

Agreed! Love the Three Good Fairies!:rockon:

effervescence
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I'll have Wendy Darling, and a Peter Pan. =)

Gitz
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I'll have Wendy Darling, and a Peter Pan. =)

Cool! Can't wait to see you there.

And wow! I just noticed that the town you live in is right next to mine! (I'm in Kyle) Small world, or should I say state, after all. :0

Hee-Hee
09-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Heck yeah, Peter Pan! Hopefully Tink will be there, too! [We'll also have Hook]

Gitz
09-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Heck yeah, Peter Pan! Hopefully Tink will be there, too! [We'll also have Hook]

Sweet! A villain!

I'll be bringing Ratigan along with me, as well. Well, it's not really a cosplay, more of a prop item that's a one dollar squeaky rat Halloween decoration that I bought and modified by adding on the clothing and such. XD

Amaya De'Morte
09-17-2008, 12:56 AM
it now seems that I'll be cosplaying Meg from hercules. <3

Hee-Hee
09-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Hook won't be making it, I'm afraid. ;_;

AND AMAYA! You gonna look hawt as some Megera, girl!!

Amaya De'Morte
09-18-2008, 12:45 AM
heheh thanks! <3 awwwzz... no mama shoes. I R sad.

Digital Blush
09-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Amaya tempted me by this so I'm joining in as Jasmine in her slave/servant outfit ^_^

Gitz
09-18-2008, 02:11 AM
it now seems that I'll be cosplaying Meg from hercules. <3

Sweet! I barely ever see any Megara cosplays. Can't wait to see you at Oni-con.

Gangiex
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
wow I didn't expect so many disney characters this is great I am working on a Tinkerbell! and Ursulla/Vanessa the sea witch's human form :]

RedeadDie
09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I've always wanted to do the "Hook" movie version of Tinker Bell, but that's not Disney I believe. :(

RavenSkies
09-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I'll be bringing my tink. Hopefully I can fix the wings a bit before the con.

Amaya De'Morte
09-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I'll be bringing my tink. Hopefully I can fix the wings a bit before the con.

I love your tinkerbell outfit <3

RavenSkies
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
aww, thank you! <3

Hee-Hee
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
So many Tinks! ^^; I don't know if I'll be doing Peter Pan now, it depends on if my Hook and Tink can come. Wendy can't. ;_;

Gitz
09-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Sorry guys. Can't go now due to Oni-con being post poned. ;_;

RedeadDie
09-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Awww man...that sucks. :/

ChibiBritt
09-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm going to star working on an Ursula costume...but I doubt it would be anywhere near finished by Oni-Con...even with the new Dec. dates. :(

Gitz
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Awww man...that sucks. :/

No worries. I'll most likely be able to actually go now. :D Now there's just the conflict of where I'm going to put and be able to make room for Basil's head in the small car with my sister's costumes and along with honest_insanity's armor for the trip. :/

RavenSkies
09-25-2008, 07:09 PM
what day is everyone planning to where their disney costumes? I may only be able to go one day due to school, so i may not bring tink afterall.

Gitz
09-25-2008, 09:49 PM
what day is everyone planning to where their disney costumes? I may only be able to go one day due to school, so i may not bring tink afterall.

I plan on wearing mine most of Friday afternoon, the more later afternoon on Saturday probably for the cosplay walk ons, and most likely during Sunday, as well.