08-02-2008, 12:18 AM
I need some help ^^
please if anyone knows how i can start making
Ariel's blue dress^^
I am taking any advice i need all the help i can get =]

Thank you^^

Moon_Fish
08-03-2008, 11:06 PM
You might want to be more specific. I would starting looking at patterns first of all and make a mock up costume out of cheap fabric before you actually start working with the real costume fabric.

Tetsune Ashida
08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you^^
well i have a quick question
her top part is it white or blue >.<
im confused ^^;

FeatherInMyCap
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I think the top is a very, very light powdery blue, the corset-ish part is black or dark brown, and the skirt is a darker blue. However, I'm not entirely sure...it's been a while since I've seen the movie.

Moon_Fish
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you^^
well i have a quick question
her top part is it white or blue >.<
im confused ^^;

It's a very pale powder blue, as for the corset I've seen most ppl make it in black or a deep navy blue. I personally don't like haveing a blue skirt and blue shirt so I used navy for the corset and royal blue for the skirt.

Tetsune Ashida
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you ^^ both ^^
wait so i guess the top isnt white o.o
lol
thank you
i think that i might make the corset navy blue ^^ thank you^^
oh and her bow is the same as her skirt right^^;

Faraday
08-08-2008, 12:20 AM
try looking up screencaps for the movie http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/thelittlemermaid/gallery.php?page=7

Moon_Fish
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank you ^^ both ^^
wait so i guess the top isnt white o.o
lol
thank you
i think that i might make the corset navy blue ^^ thank you^^
oh and her bow is the same as her skirt right^^;

In the movie, her bow is the same color as her shirt, but i went and used my skirt fabric because i liked the darker blue against the red.

Tetsune Ashida
08-08-2008, 07:59 PM
try looking up screencaps for the movie http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/thelittlemermaid/gallery.php?page=7

OMG thank you^^
i really need that ^^
thank you ^^

yeah i think it looks better as blue ^^
thank you^^

one more question sorry^^;
umm so for her hair i thought of getting a dark red i mean i dont
like those highlighter red ones >.<
what do you think?

FeatherInMyCap
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I personally like the darker red wigs on Ariel myself...I actually recently got a wig for another costume, but it's more a bright auburn color...not dark red, but not 'highlighter red' (great phrase!). Kinda tempted to make an Ariel costume myself now to use it more.

The brighter red wigs, in my opinion, make it look more cartoonish, while the darker red makes it look more realistic.

Moon_Fish
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
For a wig i recommend cosworx or amphigory's Linda wig in henna red or super saturated henna red. It's a toned down more natural looking dark red.

Tetsune Ashida
08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I personally like the darker red wigs on Ariel myself...I actually recently got a wig for another costume, but it's more a bright auburn color...not dark red, but not 'highlighter red' (great phrase!). Kinda tempted to make an Ariel costume myself now to use it more.

The brighter red wigs, in my opinion, make it look more cartoonish, while the darker red makes it look more realistic.

lol ^^
umm yeah thats what i was thinking too ^^
thank you^^

Tetsune Ashida
08-08-2008, 10:29 PM
For a wig i recommend cosworx or amphigory's Linda wig in henna red or super saturated henna red. It's a toned down more natural looking dark red.

oh sweet^^
thank you^^

Tetsune Ashida
08-08-2008, 10:31 PM
so how long should the wig be im mean like the way the bangs or the back?^^

Moon_Fish
08-09-2008, 09:46 AM
The linda wig has no bangs and it's easy to get the side part ariel has, it reaches my mid back so it's fairly long. Also, this wig is super thick so you can cut fibers and make extra wefts from it and it will still look good. I just finished my Ariel wig last night so I'll let you know when i upload some pics of it so you can see.

Tetsune Ashida
08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
really?
omg alright !!!!^^
thank you^^
for her shoes they are high heals right?^^

Moon_Fish
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Got the pics up and they're in my gallery if you want to see. Yes, she wears high heels.

Tetsune Ashida
08-12-2008, 07:21 PM
alright thanks ^^