PDA

View Full Version : The Fun Continues!

vasa1886
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Well at the last meeting we decided monthly meetings would be ideal. We also decided Sept would be a anime watch/potluck food/random games/cosplay work adventure at my house. I think anyone that was there will vouch for all the people being "good people." *snickers* Tenatively the the 19th and 26th of September is looking ideal, if extra weeks get added it'll be the 12th.

Anyway, +1 if you'd like to attend and what you would like to bring(can be vague such as Entree/Sodas/Chips or Specific) I'll bring something thats lacking in the sign up section, if you'd like to bring something not on the list please ask first as I may plan to provide rather than didn't think of.

Next up on the agenda for me to put out there is what would you guys like to do in the coming months? I'd rather not plan past say Dec atm just for the fact my calendar isn't that far reaching. I have some ideas for each month and am always willing to accept suggestions:

September- Taken Care Of By First Meeting Decision

October- Halloween Party/Costume Work Time For Nekocon/something else?

November- This is Nekocon month so was thinking of other ideas Dinner One night Of Con/Post Nekocon recovery party

December- Holiday Party/Dinner(Lunch?) at Kyoto Japanese Steak House(possibly move to a later month due to monetary constraints this was suggested by NecroChii)/Ice Skating(lul lul)/Christmas Caroling(lul lul lul)

Anyway if you'd like to attend the September gathering I'll compile a list of who volunteers to bring what so heres a tenative list:

Main Dish/Entree:
1. Evil_E/Mondo- Chicken dish with Rice

Sides/Dips/Chips:
1. NecromanticChii- Pasta Salad

Desserts:

Drinks:

Plates/Cups/Napkins(unless you want to do my dishes :D)

If theres an interest in having "drinks" for those *legally able to drink*, we can discuss, make a donation and provide. I don't have anything against those who have the occasional underage drink, but I can't provide as my career field looks down by leaps and bounds for Contributing.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea for a name for the VA Beach cosplay gathering people can also post that.

Name Suggestions:
Sew What?- Ionno I thought it was catchy

NecromanticChii
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
The 19th is my birthday...lmao. ^_~
I don't know what I'm doing that day.

Other than that I am planning on attending. (And the 19th is fine, I just might be a few hours late or something. Then again I don't have anything planned for my Birthday...lol)

As for planning December, I started planning things for Jan. next year already. XD

So back on topic and enough rambling from me. I look forward to the next meet up, and everything.
I don't know what I will make yet, but I will figure something out soon. ^_~(Probably a side, or dessert.)

Anyone allergic to anything?

vasa1886
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
The only things Im allergic to, if you cooked with I wouldn't eat anyway lol I'm allergic to cheap metals

mondo86em
08-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Either date date works for me and the wife, we're thinking an entree and maybe a case of soda.

For Oct. I think I have a wedding I have to go to on the 31st.. .. maybe they're still trying to plan it.

Nov. CON TIME!!! I'm thinking of changing my reservations and go up on Thursday. Don't want to deal with a line and traffic Friday morning. If anyone is going to be there Thursday we were thinking about going to cracker barrel. I'm sure at some point we'll all get together at the con so a post party would be kool too.

What are we going to watch? Anyone have anything they want to watch? OVA's or series, we just got the Ghost Stories collection. We also have the Outlaw Star series, it was suggested we do a group cosplay of Outlaw Star (if so I'm thinking Harry?) Not sure what I'll have from netflix at that time. Other titles include Night Walker, Rune Soldier, Midnight Eye, Bastard, all the Inuyasha movies, Sayuki series and movie, FMA movie, etc.

Make a request someone might have it.

As far as a group name goes I did a google on it (sew what) and a ton of stuff came up. Now if you ad Cosplay to the end nothing comes up.

On another note (I ramble most of the time) our wigs came in today!!
YAY!! I have to do some work to mine but Evil_E's looks great just the way it is.

Bagu
08-06-2008, 09:53 PM
October is AUSA con time as well, and with the theme this year with a Halloween twist, it should be quite fun.

mondo86em
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Something to think about or at least a location to keep in mind. The Miyazaki Japanese Garden in Red Wing Park has a cherry blossom festival (I think it's in March, at least the last one was) The festival itself gets pretty crowded by reports (I haven't been to one) but the garden is nice, small but nice. I think it would be a good area to have a picnic/photoshoot. How long to cherry trees bloom anyway?

This page has some photos of what it looks like.

http://www.pbase.com/troysup/japanese_garden

Its a city park so we could just show up or I'm sure we could rent a shelter, not sure what that would cost ...

Its on General Booth Blvd so its a nice little drive about 15 minutes from the beach once you leave the strip.

Anyway enough babbling I think I've been sniffing too much hair spray.

Tenriyuu86
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Is it just me or was there no location said in this thread...? Some of us were wondering where this is taking place. ;_;

iTofu
08-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Is it just me or was there no location said in this thread...? Some of us were wondering where this is taking place. ;_;

Indeed! It boggles the mind.

mondo86em
08-15-2008, 05:56 AM
We also decided Sept would be a anime watch/potluck food/random games/cosplay work adventure at my house. I think anyone that was there will vouch for all the people being "good people." *snickers* Tenatively the the 19th and 26th of September is looking ideal, if extra weeks get added it'll be the 12th.

I think he said he lived in Chessapeake.

vasa1886
08-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi-o,

So like I've been finishing summer finals, so any posts I made on the site since the posting of this were sort of in between classes lemme say something el oh el.

Anyway heres the dates to vote on:

Sept 19
Sept 12
Sept 26

Anyway, as for location:

We voted to meet at my condo for socialize, anime fun, etc. Since I'm not to keen on the idea of posting my physical address out on this big wide interweb, the relative location is that its near Chesapeake General Hospital on Battlefield Boulevard.

*IF your ARE interested in coming and would like a real address to get direction ideas for, shoot me an email @ lonedothacker@gmail.com I feel more secure sending it across e-mail than public forums.

When I get home from work tonight I'll post more up on whats the dealy yo.

mondo86em
08-16-2008, 06:46 PM
We're voting for the 12th, about what time do you think?

vasa1886
08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Eh time, don't have enough of lul

Prolly start 6:30-7 roll to whenever

mondo86em
08-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Lets see, it'll take us about half an hr depending on traffic. I think we're taking chicken picante and steamed jasmine rice and maybe some soda.

By the way I went to replay last week and got Those Who Hunt Elves, thanks for the tip.

princedraco
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
If you all did something like in williamsburg or newport news mall, i could maybe come up sometime (Richmond) except i work every fri-sun mostly, except this coming sunday i have off but football starts i work every weekend unfortunately.

NecromanticChii
08-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm trying to reply...for some reason it doesn't really want to let me reply in this thread. 0.o?

The 12th is fine for me as well.

I also came across, Saber Marionette J the Ultimate collection, Ecsaflowne the series, and I have others at home. ^_~ (I just found those two.)

vasa1886
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
K officials

Date: September 12th
Time: 6:30-Whenever(please plan to leave at a semi reasonable time rofl rofl, no later than 2 AM >>)

mondo86em
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok the 12th it is. We just got back from cool stuff. hehhehehe all 7 disks to DNAngel, Speed Grapher complete in the tin, Peacemaker thin pack (we were just looking for Peacemaker 5-7 but with the whole set for 18.99 ...) It's times like this that I remember why I took a second job, even if I tell myself its for con money I can justify it because its all anime.

I've never seen Saber Marionette J, and the only Ecsaflowne I've seen is the movie.

I was having trouble posting the other day too hmmm

Evil_E
08-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah as the hubby said the anime addiction is off the hook with us lately. LMAO I was thinking of a name for the group as we were talking bout the first meeting, what about Sew Otaku? Just a thought. Am so looking forward to the next meeting.

NecromanticChii
08-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Ok the 12th it is. We just got back from cool stuff. hehhehehe all 7 disks to DNAngel, Speed Grapher complete in the tin, Peacemaker thin pack (we were just looking for Peacemaker 5-7 but with the whole set for 18.99 ...) It's times like this that I remember why I took a second job, even if I tell myself its for con money I can justify it because its all anime.

I've never seen Saber Marionette J, and the only Ecsaflowne I've seen is the movie.

I was having trouble posting the other day too hmmm

^_~
I bought both of them at cool stuff as well.

I want to get the D Gray Man they had..lol

Sew Otaku?...(So confused..lol)

Oh, and if anyone is interested in a group cosplay for nekocon, could we try to plan things out on the 12th? (Sorry my cosplay list is going through the roof again..lol)

Evil_E
08-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Sew (as in sewing of course) and Otaku (as in fans) Sewing Fans = cosplay , mind rambling and thought it was diffrent (shrugs)

NecromanticChii
08-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Sew (as in sewing of course) and Otaku (as in fans) Sewing Fans = cosplay , mind rambling and thought it was diffrent (shrugs)

I just re-read the post, it made sense. My brain just wasn't working. ^_~

vasa1886
08-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Have gotten several e-mails from people and then no one wants to come that wasn't at the first one D: oh well maybe at some point

Evil_E
08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Well hey they'll come round. And if not we'll just be our merry lil ole selves LMAO.

mondo86em
08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Maybe we should have Va Beach cosplay gathering bla bla we won't become stalkers in the topic.

So this makes 4 of us?

NecromanticChii
08-22-2008, 07:43 AM
VA Beach cosplay gathering is cool.

Anyone mind if I try to bring a few people? (Most the people I know, who are into cosplay/anime don't come on this site.)

SailorKagome
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Oooh, I really want to make it this time. I'll try to get the day off.

vasa1886
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
More is cool Chii, just when we get around 20ish things might get packed el oh el

Lunarlion
08-23-2008, 11:56 AM
OH WOW! I didn't get to go on the previous meeting so I reeeeeally wanna make it to this one. I'm heading to AWA a few days straight after. Hahaha.

NecromanticChii
08-27-2008, 11:27 AM
So I think I'll bring pasta salad, if no one minds. (It's easy to transport.)

As for those who want to drink, alcohol, and are 21+, I would just suggest them all bringing their own. That way no matter what you wouldn't be providing. That and it's easier than putting money together..lol(Unless some want to pull money?)

vasa1886
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah BYOB prolly best rofl rofl

mondo86em
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't drink that much, but I'm gonna have to have a smoke break every now and then. food = cig

break = cig
wake up = cig
beer = lots of cigs

do you see a trend bad habbit almost as expensive as anime

vasa1886
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Updated the whos bringing what page if you have anything ideas lmk

DigiSlug
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
dunno if I'll make it since i don't have a car, i have a buddy though, i'll see if i can convince him. Although he usually leaves the area on weekends x.x

mondo86em
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Well I hope you can make it out, it seems like we might have a few more people this time.

NecromanticChii
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't drink that much, but I'm gonna have to have a smoke break every now and then. food = cig

break = cig
wake up = cig
beer = lots of cigs

do you see a trend bad habbit almost as expensive as anime

lulz...you sound a bit like me. Although for me it's:

Drive= cig
Doing nothing= cig
Drinking= more cigs...lmfao

Though anime is still more expensive for me..and I refuse to let it go the other way..lol

So I'll be seeing everyone on the 12th @ 6:30..lol
(And possibly start something for a VAB cosplay gathering..lol) Or talk about that on the 12th..lol

vasa1886
08-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Well if you plan to come and haven't gotten the location address shoot me an e-mail at lonedothacker@gmail.com subj line please mention cosplay if you've never e-mailed before

mondo86em
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah I should do that sometime soon lol

Evil_E
09-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Great time tonight, thanks Vasa and all. Hey Vasa I hope your feeling better. I looked for the show time for Death Note and it's 7:30pm. So that changes dinner times a bit. Drop me an e-mail and we'll all figure it out. Dropped Widget off all safe and sound like :P gonna try to get more info on the library as soon as I can like I said. Ok rambling now, time for bed soon.
Ohhh and Chii send me that sew otaku forum info ok? I found the yahoo one and joined. Thanks, let me know if ya need help with it all.

Evil_E
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Okkkk anyone that reads this, I posted the info on the librarys on the sew otaku yahoo group site. Check it out please. Thanks!!!!