PDA

View Full Version : Portal - Turret Cosplay

Toluca
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I haven't actually played Portal, but I've been listening to my friend rant and rave about it for a month now. So, I decided to check it out online and found these ADORABLE little turret things. :3

http://mindsend.deviantart.com/art/SP-Portal-Sentry-Turret-84560273

Of course, he won't shut up about how much he hates them, so I had to make a cosplay of them. Just to bug him. xD After some fiddling, I came up with this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/128/turrethelmetaz8.png

I really wanted to be able to bend down, draw my elbows to my side and actually resemble the turrets a bit. For those of you that have played Portal, do you think this would be recognizable at all? Or, even a good idea. xD

The helmet was inspired by DeepChrome's take on a personified Turret.

han-pan
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
THAT IS SO CUTE!! I do think that would be recognizeable, and if I ever see you when I finish my Chell costume, I might throw a cube at you. Beware. ;)

Anyway. You're planning on having the little gun turrets on both arms, right? It's really really creative...I was sitting here reading that going "How on Earth is she going to turn that little alien-like thing into a human being costume without having enormous FunFoam body parts....?
But anyway. ^^
I showed it to my friend who hasn't spent too much time with the game, and my boyfriend and the responses were:
"I'd hate to see someone go to a con like that, given that everyone would spend time trying to knock her down ;^D"
"IS THAT YOU? WHO IS IT? That's so...clever..."

So there ya go. ;) I'd LOVE to see the finished product! ^^

Toluca
08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Hooray. ^___^ The turrets will be on both arms, I was just too lazy to draw the other arm.

And I might have to make little shooting sounds at you. Maybe actually play the game to get the noises down. Don't they say 'There you are' a lot? *fail*

I'm curious about whether the vinyl would look alright over leather pants, or if I should just suck it up and make vinyl pants, too.

han-pan
08-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Hrrm....well I think shiny vinyl over matte leather pants would work :3 It makes more sense to me. Having them both shiny or both dull I don't think is quite right, so yeah. Shiny vinyl (or PVC) over matte leather pants :3

Yes, they do talk ;) You should play it. They say things like "There you are." and "Where are you going?" and "Is anyone there?" in this super soft, sweet voice x3

SvK
08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
How can your friend hate the turrets? Is that even possible?
Even if I didn't recognize your costume, I'd think it looked really cool.

Also, you really need to play Portal.

han-pan
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I found them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVuPUY9D-A
These are all the things that the turrets say. So cute, adorable, and sad....
And I agree. You should play ;D

Toluca
08-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh my God. Their voices are so cuuuute! I'll have to practice those. 'I don't hate you.' Eee. ^____^

Ah, good. I was hoping the dull leather would fade back like the cords, making the vinyl of the 'outer coat' stand out more, if that makes sense.

I should be getting a 360 for my birthday in September, so I'll ask for Portal to go with it. :3