PDA

View Full Version : First Crossplay


Underscore
07-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Okay, I'm going to be crossplaying as Komugi from Nurse Komugi Magikarte (recently liscenced by ADV) and Soul Taker.

This will be my first Crossplay ever.. and I just wanted to know if anyoen hs general tips on dress-making for guys and any other helpfull crossplay hints.

Thanks in advance!

Wyna Hiros
07-08-2003, 12:45 AM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

Underscore
07-08-2003, 12:47 AM
*thinks about Manfaye*

*looks at bottle of niar*

Got it, thanks.

Gren
07-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Nair doesn't work for me at all, stuid stuff... but shaving's not all that tricky. Heck, 13 yea old girls can do it. XD

Looking to create an horglass figure will really help you out. I don't know the costume, but if the skirt is enough that you can put in a petticoat or the like to poof it out, that will help detract from your lack of womanly curves. If you have hands that could be a woman's painting your nails can subtley influence someone, but, if you have big meaty man hands, it will only atract attention to them.

TsukiGuujin
07-08-2003, 08:48 AM
WOO
Lookit me jump into the thread!!!

>>I suggest shaving your legs if you're going to be showing them

SO agreed.
X_x

>>Nair doesn't work for me at all, stuid stuff... but shaving's not all that tricky. Heck, 13 yea old girls can do it. XD

*laugh*
I know a couple boys who shave their body hair all the time, just like girls do.....no biggie.
Nair is stinky and never works the way you want it to.
I have yet to try NADS.
I just can't trust something named NADS!

*ahem*

>> I don't know the costume, but if the skirt is enough that you can put in a petticoat or the like to poof it out, that will help detract from your lack of womanly curves.

Enh, that's true, but I've found that hourglass isn't always right. Depends on the character...
I've also noticed that just a little hip padding usually is ok. But you gotta have boobs, or you look like a boy in a dress and makeup with your legs shaved.
I guess that sounded bitchy. Gomen. ^^

>>If you have hands that could be a woman's painting your nails can subtley influence someone, but, if you have big meaty man hands, it will only atract attention to them.

That is a REALLY good point.
I don't know the costume either, but gloves (not big leather ones, of course!) make your hands look more feminine. ^^

I hope I helped some. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin, who might be doing a crossplay panel next year with her group that no one cares about. ^^~~

Lady
07-08-2003, 10:26 AM
I use NADS*nods* It hurts like a bitch, and the first time I used it, I bled. But if you have VERY fast growing hair, it's really the only way to go (I have to shave at least twice a day if I want to stay hair free...lucky me*sighs*)

Another thing you may want to consider is practicing your poses in a mirror. You can have all sorts of femanine attributes (curves, boobs, small hands), but if you stand like a linebacker, no one will buy it*laughs*

I'm also unfamiliar with this outfit, but if it has a skirt, you'll want to cross your legs, or keep them together at least when you sit down, or else you'll be showing all sorts of nifty things to the world*winks*

Hope it helps!

-Lady

Underscore
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
well.. Nair seems to work for me. I've used it before.

As for the hourglass figure thing, the dress is a little poofy.. i'm gonna have to wear two skirts to get the right effect, i think.

gloves are ood.. I have littel white gloves .. Let me get you pictures so that its a little easier to help me... maybe I can get tips on this specific costume.

http://www.skewedres.net/images/Cosplay/komugi.gif
http://www.skewedres.net/images/Cosplay/komugi.jpg
http://www.skewedres.net/images/Cosplay/komugi24.jpg
http://www.skewedres.net/images/Cosplay/p-mc-komugi.jpg

Menchi
07-08-2003, 03:54 PM
oh an carrying yorself like a girl helps too. its like you can put a guy in a dress but if they act liek a guy its like obvious that its a guy in a dress

Burrito
07-08-2003, 04:24 PM
...So someone other than me noticed the man-Faye? *rubs eyes* Scarred for life.

Unfortunately, I'm not that good at guy crossplaying yet. (My friend's just starting to get into it, he hasn't made his costume yet, so we're still figuring a lot out...and yes, I'm a girl.) Not much else to be said, really.

The pics won't load for me, but yeah, it's a good idea to practice being poised like a girl. XD I'm not a graceful girl at all, but my best bet is that it would really help. ^^ And, from experience with another male friend, if she wears high heels, PRACTICE WALKING IN THEM. o_o; My friend was falling all over himself because he didn't. ^^; But if she doesn't have heels, you're lucky. o_o Oh, so very lucky.

ALL FEAR THE MAN-FAYE! *shudders*

Underscore
07-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Lucky me! I get to wear Tennies!

Those will be the most fun to make, methinks.

anyway.. I guess I'll have to have some of my girl friends show me how to walk and carry myself.. i guess its something you can't really give me instructions on how to do over text :(

thank you again!!

Chun Li
07-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for makeing me look more feminine. i`m cosplaying as chun li

And about he NAIR thing
Thank the gods Chun li wheres tights

evaneko
07-09-2003, 07:49 AM
>< actually-even if you wear tights people can see the hairy legs... i know if i ever miss a spot shaving or whatever and then wear tights the tights get weird bumps or the hair actually pokes through ><

Underscore
07-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Thats true. But at least Chun Li has broader shoulders than most women. The actual game-sprite is very muscular, so it won't be as hard as you'd think. But yeah.. you'll want to shave your legs for that... I mean.. you're showing off a LOT of leg there.

Chun Li
07-09-2003, 01:25 PM
quite true

Menchi
07-09-2003, 01:34 PM
the method hair removal is up to ya really. but for leg coverage...ya make sure ya get tights or nylons that are the same color an such allt he way p to the top. a friend of mine had done a nadia costume an she needed a specific type of nlyons that didnt have the diff material at the panty level. (forgot the name of em). ay might also consider getting a pair or lollipops for decency issues on covering yourself.

Lady
07-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Those picture links aren't working for me for some reason...

Makeup wise, you may want to invest in some false eyelashes. Girls tend to have thicker, longer, and curlier lashes than men do, and adding to your already existing eyelashes couldn't hurt*nods* Also, even if the character doesn' t wear lipstick, you may want to use some pink or red-ish lip gloss, as females tend to have darker colored lips than men.

And yeah, hair will stick out of the tights and show through them unless you have uber thick leggings of some sort*nods*

-Lady

Underscore
07-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Gomen! It should work now. I had a '/' where there should have been a '.'

TsukiGuujin
07-09-2003, 07:27 PM
>>I use NADS*nods* It hurts like a bitch, and the first time I used it, I bled. But if you have VERY fast growing hair, it's really the only way to go (I have to shave at least twice a day if I want to stay hair free...lucky me*sighs*)

I just use a razor.
Call me old fashioned.
*laaaaaaugh*

>>Another thing you may want to consider is practicing your poses in a mirror. You can have all sorts of femanine attributes (curves, boobs, small hands), but if you stand like a linebacker, no one will buy it*laughs*

GOOD point!
Women stand different than men.
And different characters have key poses.
For instance, I don't stand the same as Duo as I do when I'm a female character.
Not that I ever AM a female character, but ignore that.

>>I'm also unfamiliar with this outfit, but if it has a skirt, you'll want to cross your legs, or keep them together at least when you sit down, or else you'll be showing all sorts of nifty things to the world*winks*

*snk*

>>As for the hourglass figure thing, the dress is a little poofy.. i'm gonna have to wear two skirts to get the right effect, i think.

If you puff the skirt enough, then you don't have to worry about padding your hips, really.
I would suggest buying/making a puffy petticoat, not two skirts.

>>gloves are ood.. I have littel white gloves .. Let me get you pictures so that its a little easier to help me... maybe I can get tips on this specific costume.

Wow, that is ultra cute!!!!!
The gloves are definitely going to help your hands look more feminine. *nods*

>>anyway.. I guess I'll have to have some of my girl friends show me how to walk and carry myself.. i guess its something you can't really give me instructions on how to do over text

That's a good idea.
Also, if you can, try to get a feel for how the character herself move.
Some girls are graceful, some are stately, some are just wild and crazy...it really is a combination of being feminine and being the character that helps convince people. ^__^

>>ay might also consider getting a pair or lollipops for decency issues on covering yourself.

I know boys who actually go through the annoying process of strapping it down to wear short skirts.
X_x
I still don't know how exactly that's done, but we're working on figuring that one out soon, for my fiance.

>>Makeup wise, you may want to invest in some false eyelashes. Girls tend to have thicker, longer, and curlier lashes than men do, and adding to your already existing eyelashes couldn't hurt*nods*

Ick, eyelashes.
*makes face*
If you don't want to do that, a good idea is to put eyeliner on the side of your eyelashes that's CLOSEST to your eyes, or in between your eyelashes...that makes them stand out more. ^^

>>And yeah, hair will stick out of the tights and show through them

Yes.
Gross.

Man, I've talked a lot...

~~Tsuki~~

tinechan
07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I've only slightly skimmed through this when I read the words "Man" and "-" and "Faye" were together... so yeah, ignoring that bit. ><; Um.. Oh yeah, the majority of guys walk weird with their feet turned out. Girls, for the majority if you notice, walk with their feet straight or more inturned than guys.

Check that out sometimes. Girls walking with outturned feet look kind of weird. Gomen, if you feel insulted! ^^;;

~Tine

yasafusa
07-13-2003, 01:09 AM
Hey, it's my first cosplay... I've got some pics of it almost complete!

edit: HAHA; I was really tired when I posted this! oops I didn't realize what it was :P

Mizuno Tenshi
07-13-2003, 12:08 PM
That costume will be a bit harder to pull off, honestly. The character looks like a younger girl, so too much breast padding would look off... I'd suggest an A cup. Maybe a B cup...
Puffing out the skirt a lot would be a really good idea, and would help with the 'little girl' look. Petticoats all the way! :D
One plus side about that costume is that you shouldn't need to worry about 'tucking' things in. I'll post an explanation of that in another thread for others, though, I guess.
Wear some ruffled panties, though. It'll suit the character well, and hide any bulges enough.
Shave! Or I'd also suggest professional waxing. Get waxed a few days before con, if you can. Now, are you willing/do you want to keep smooth legs on a regular basis? It's a lot nicer, honestly, but if you don't want to stay smooth for longer, just shave. Waxing lasts longer and doesn't regrow as quickly. And take off the arm hair for that costume too. Hairless as possible, now!
For the guy doing Chun Li, sheer to waist pantyhose might be good, or order some ladies dance tights. They're thicker, don't run as often, and are the same all the way to the waistband. You still need to shave, though. http://www.discountdance.com/
I'd suggest you practice walking in heels, anyways. The way they force you to walk will help if you are in flat-soled shoes, too. They make you take shorter steps and swing your hips more. So practice in heels, if you can.
hehe... as far as girls walking with turned-out feet... a lot of ballet students do that, since ballet emphasizes being turned out as much as possible while dancing.
Lesse... any other advice? Oh, get your girlfriends to help with makeup. You want a fairly natural look. I'd say keep the eyes subdued, gloss for the lips, or maybe pink, and light-toned blush. Definitely do foundation, though. A good foundation helps cover shadow from the facial hair. And don't be afraid to go to a makeup counter or makeup store! Just go during quiet hours. Trust me, the people there are usually gonna be nice. Most of them work on commision, so they want you to buy stuff. :)

Tenshi

Underscore
07-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks! That's the most help so far! But Panties? I don't even think my girlfriends will be able to look at me with a straight face if I mention that to them....

Menchi
07-13-2003, 12:52 PM
get some rmba panties lie the ones square dancers wear...that or bloomers ^^ they are uber cute an will definitly fem the costume out.

Mizuno Tenshi
07-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Underscore
Thanks! That's the most help so far! But Panties? I don't even think my girlfriends will be able to look at me with a straight face if I mention that to them....

Well, I don't think boxers or briefs will work very well...
You can say you'll wear briefs underneath, I guess... but why do you need to tell them anyways? Just if you accidentally show anything, boxers or briefs would look really off. Also, I don't personally like the really ruffled stuff, but it'll remind you of how to move in costume. :) You should be able to go into a store and buy them, saying they're a gift. Easier than buying cheap plain ones, even. Try going into a Frederick's of Hollywood, though, if you have one near. They're super helpful, and will set you up with a nice bra, too. A bit pricier... but their waterbra's are great! Actual bounce, even. :D
Oh, and I almost forgot... Wig. You'll prolly need one. The people there should be perfctly accepting too, just explain it's for a costume and take a picture. I didn't do that with my costume, and really should have... I think it was mainly hair and my glasses that kept me from looking really good.

P-chan

Underscore
07-14-2003, 04:12 PM
hmm.. is there any other way? I mean.. in order to bypass wearing panties... there is a point wehre I will draw the line. It would be very hard to hang out with my friends if they were to know I was wearing panties.. and I don't think I could talk myself into it anyway.

So are there better solutions?

Flea
07-14-2003, 04:16 PM
You can dress like a girl but you can't wear panties? I say go for it. your friends will get over it.

RHIshida
07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
You could always go out and buy some panties, and just not tell anybody else you're wearing panties. Also, if anybody asks you why you're buying panties, just tell them it's for a costume, who cares if you get weird looks, usually those people don't know you so I wouldn't worry too much. :D

TsukiGuujin
07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
>>It would be very hard to hang out with my friends if they were to know I was wearing panties.. and I don't think I could talk myself into it anyway.

*pffft*
You can't possibly be that insecure about it.
That's a really frilly costume on it's own.
And, really, unless you go around lifting your skirt, no one would know.
I'd suggest bloomers, instead, as I think they fit the costume more. They're still girly.
Besides, you don't have to TELL anyone you've got them on. ^^

>>You can dress like a girl but you can't wear panties? I say go for it. your friends will get over it.

TOTALLY agreed.
Hey, I can get my fiance in a Sailor Fuku. You can wear panties. It's really not that big a deal. ^^

>>You could always go out and buy some panties, and just not tell anybody else you're wearing panties. Also, if anybody asks you why you're buying panties, just tell them it's for a costume, who cares if you get weird looks, usually those people don't know you so I wouldn't worry too much.

Another really good point. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Karisu-sama
07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Somewhere, somewhere, I KNOW they sell men's bikini-style briefs. Looks like boxers are currently popular among young in this country, but I know they aren't in Europe...

Bloomers, spankies, etc. - all will hide whatever underwear you've got (well, maybe not boxers! )

Personally, I see skirt = very large shirttail extension. Would you go out with only a shirt on, and no pants?

When wearing ANY skirt (which I do rarely), over MY underwear I ALWAYS wear spankies or bike shorts or euro-style girl's gym shorts things (looks like a women's swimsuit built only from the waist down) or even a black spandex brief thing - so I don't give a damn how windy it is or think twice about high karate kick poses, etc. I've taught my kids this too. ^^

Mizuno Tenshi
07-14-2003, 11:17 PM
You're weird, Karisu! :P I'd hate wearing a skirt with shorts underneath. It defeats the whole purpose! :D

Lesse... panties are what you'll need to make the costume work, honestly. Either you tuck, or wear underwear poofy enough to hide the bulge. So you'd either need panties to hold you in, or frilly panties with lots of ruffles to hide the bulge. I'd suggest tucking AND wearing the ruffles, personally...
Now, why are you able to do a costume like this and not wear panties with it? I'd like to hear an explanation, mister! :p
Honestly, too... panties feel nicer to me, personally. Satin and nylon beat the hell out of cotton when it comes to undergarments.

P-chan

Hack Rilean
07-14-2003, 11:25 PM
*cough*
x.x. about the shaving thing, excuse my bringing it up..
x.x... It's living HELL.. HELL I TELL YOU! *dies*
I respect ALL women JUST because of what they go through to look as good as they always seem to ^_^ *purrs*

=D As for the costume, if ya need help later on, lemme know by e-mail, I'll try and help you as best I can, from one crossplayer to another LOL:
jaganshihieikun@yahoo.com

=)
that goes for anyone. =P Gurlz too, hehe ^_^

Karisu-sama
07-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I weird. ^___^ I was (& still am) a tomboy, and liked to climb trees, and hang upside-down from the monkey bars, and not worry if my knees weren't primly together when sitting. I was raised in an earlier time when girls wore skirts a lot more, and I went to a Catholic middle-school (read: stupid dress code. ) ^^

Underwear with no cover-up = plot to limit women from being physically active & free, to me. I personally think it's weird to wear something you don't WANT to show the world (underwear, especially skimpy & see-through types) in a way that makes it SOOOO easy to be shown. I refuse to a) curtail my "un-girly" physical behavior, or b) be anyone's potential fanservice. ^^ (And my kids being jailbait fanservice would be SO WRONG. )

BTW: cotton breathes better, and if one actually IS a girl (not your problem, I know :p ), helps more to avoid nasties like a Yeast Infection... :p

EDIT: Actually, it looks like lotsa people agree with me about the use of spankies / bikini bottoms / etc. under at least short skirts: look here ~> http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16286

Underscore
07-15-2003, 03:22 AM
hmm... well.. Panties would be the last straw. I have lots of friends.. none of which have changed their opinion of me after I came out, but I don't think that panties are gonna get a good reaction... besides the fact that I don't have to tell them.. someone would find out.


Actually.. if you ask me, She seems like the bike-shorts kinda girl to me anyway.... Other places in the series she's wearing tight shorts, and I don't think it would be very different between this costume and her regular clothes. She's very tom-boyish and, Like Karisu, doesn't adhere to normal girl stereotypes. I think shorts would be good.

Mizuno Tenshi
07-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Oh... if you're character's like that, then... You're gonna have to tuck. >_< And you'll probably need to wear something to hold you in. Girl's exercise shorts or such might work, but guys underwear just ain't made for it. Guy's underwear anticipates a bulge, and you shouldn't have any! :p
And Karisu, most nylon and other type have a cotton crotch anyways... hehe
Oh, and Rilean... we wanna see any tips you have on making it! You sound like you have a lot more experience with prosthetics and sewing than I. Alas... I have little sewing experience. I just fit into ready-made girls clothes REALLY well. I like that part too, though. :D

P-chan

TsukiGuujin
07-15-2003, 08:13 AM
>>When wearing ANY skirt (which I do rarely), over MY underwear I ALWAYS wear spankies or bike shorts or euro-style girl's gym shorts things

WORD.
I so agree with this one.

>>I'd hate wearing a skirt with shorts underneath. It defeats the whole purpose!

I don't think so.
Even if I was in costume, I'd prolly have something on underneath.
I'm too tomboy to NOT, of course.
Besides, I went to school with a bunch of people who, whenever they bent over, showed their thong-clad asses to everyone. I find that disgusting. And maybe that's what they were going for, but NOT ME.
I vote for the shorts, right along with Karisu. ^^

>>Either you tuck, or wear underwear poofy enough to hide the bulge.

*nod*
I also vote for this one.

>>Honestly, too... panties feel nicer to me, personally. Satin and nylon beat the hell out of cotton when it comes to undergarments.

*laugh*
I agree with you.
But I've been known to steal my fiance's Heero shorts (read:SPANDEX) to wear under my skirts.

>>I personally think it's weird to wear something you don't WANT to show the world (underwear, especially skimpy & see-through types) in a way that makes it SOOOO easy to be shown. I refuse to a) curtail my "un-girly" physical behavior, or b) be anyone's potential fanservice. ^^

Again, WORD.
There's only one person in the world who needs to be looking at my ass. And he can wait till we're alone for that, anyway. ^^;

>>Panties would be the last straw. I have lots of friends.. none of which have changed their opinion of me after I came out, but I don't think that panties are gonna get a good reaction... besides the fact that I don't have to tell them.. someone would find out.

If they can't handle it, honey, they're not your friends. I promise.
I lost one friend because of my "weird" crossdressing habits. No skin off my nose.
And if they go to the con with you, don't let them see.
*shrug*
If you want, of course, you can always tuck.
I think panties would be MUCH more comfortable, personally...

>>Actually.. if you ask me, She seems like the bike-shorts kinda girl to me anyway.... Other places in the series she's wearing tight shorts, and I don't think it would be very different between this costume and her regular clothes. She's very tom-boyish and, Like Karisu, doesn't adhere to normal girl stereotypes. I think shorts would be good.

*laugh*
Still, the Bulge Factor!
I'm not sure how to go about tucking it in...we still have to figure that one out. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Mizuno Tenshi
07-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Mou.... Tsuki, get over to the thread I just started. I explained the whole tucking process. And it don't hurt once you're used to it! And panties don't usually fit well without tucking anyways...

P-chan

Karisu-sama
07-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Tsuki! You ARE coming to Yaoi-con, yes? I really wanna meet you!!^^

TsukiGuujin
07-15-2003, 09:53 AM
>>Mou.... Tsuki, get over to the thread I just started. I explained the whole tucking process. And it don't hurt once you're used to it! And panties don't usually fit well without tucking anyways...

EEE!
Sankyuuuuu!

>>Tsuki! You ARE coming to Yaoi-con, yes? I really wanna meet you!!^^

YAY!
I'm loved. ^^
I wanna meet you, too. ^^
And I'm gonna try my DAMNDEST.
Ask me after NDK and I'll know for sure.
Unfortunately, I won't have my Heero with me. ;___;
He can't get time off work until NEXT year. I'm so annoyed. >.<

If I am there, I'll be hard to miss, if you've seen my Duo pics in my gallery. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

FallenAngelII
07-15-2003, 01:29 PM
What about waxing? I'm thinking of waxing my legs. Does it... like... hurt like Hell? :P

(going as Yuna from FFX-2 kinda REQUIRES waxing)

Mizuno Tenshi
07-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FallenAngelII
What about waxing? I'm thinking of waxing my legs. Does it... like... hurt like Hell? :P

(going as Yuna from FFX-2 kinda REQUIRES waxing)

I don't think it hurts too badly, but that depends on the person more than anything else. You could probably get away with shaving, though...

P-chan

TsukiGuujin
07-16-2003, 12:43 AM
>>I don't think it hurts too badly, but that depends on the person more than anything else. You could probably get away with shaving, though...

Yeah. RIGHT BEFORE YOU PUT THE COSTUME ON.
*laugh*
I don't think it hurts, either, but that's me.
I also obssessively pluck my eyebrows, and I don't think that hurts, but people disagree with me on that.
You have to try to know. *shrug*

~~Tsuki~~

Mizuno Tenshi
07-16-2003, 12:45 AM
*shrugs* shave before you put it on everyday, and with stockings.... but yeah, waxing WOULD work better...

P-chan

Gren
07-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Yanking out body hair in any of it's forms hurts less the more you do it. The fisrt time I plucked my brows, I was flintching all over the place. Now I can pull out whole clusters withot batting an eye. Waxing may sound like some sort of midieval torture meathod, but it really isn't (Other than having such a HUGE FREAKING SURFACE to cover. -_-;;)

I find it hurts more to unsucessfully pull out hairs (like with a band aid that gets a few, but most stay on your arm) than to sucessfully rip them out. So, don't be shy when you use the strips. Worrying and pulling gently will only make things worse, an waste materials. Pull the strip off briskly, in the opposide direction of hair growth (such as, hair grows down your legs. So, you'd want to pull upwards) you can re-apply the same strip to an area a few times, to get at straggler hairs, but once it loses it's tack, just get any that may remain with a pair of tweezers.

And feel how smoooooth your legs are! Waxed legs feel amazing. I'd do it all the time, if it wasn't such a lengthy process.

TsukiGuujin
07-16-2003, 07:52 PM
>>shave before you put it on everyday, and with stockings.... but yeah, waxing WOULD work better...

It would.
But I know some people just can't handle it.
*snks and keeps mean comment to myself*

>>Yanking out body hair in any of it's forms hurts less the more you do it

WORD.

>>Waxing may sound like some sort of midieval torture meathod, but it really isn't (Other than having such a HUGE FREAKING SURFACE to cover. -_-;)

Yeah, the biggest problem is it takes for fucking EVER. >.<

>>And feel how smoooooth your legs are!

*rubs legs*
Mmmmmm. Smooooooooooooove.
...
XD

>>Waxed legs feel amazing. I'd do it all the time, if it wasn't such a lengthy process.

Again, WORD.
I hate waxing.
Because I just don't have time.
Of course, I hate shaving too, but I shave my arms, too, and most people don't do that.
^^
Tsuki = seriously obssessive compulsive about this one.

~~Tsuki~~

DeirdraMaeron
01-26-2004, 12:08 AM
*laughs* Wow! I'm a girl and I have never even considered waxing my legs (having been born with a very low tolerance for pain). Nair does work though, some people just have to leave it on a little longer than the minimum time (and it smells very much bad! *swoons*).

I'm going to be doing my first crossplay (first cosplay too) in May (I hope). I'm hoping to have an Alucard and a Youko/Human Kurama costume done by then and maybe something else (Maybe even a girl....that's a novel idea, ne? lol). Any suggestions for being more manly (sadly, I'm only 5'2" so what I lack in stature must be made up for somewhere)?

kohyoh
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
lets see... my first crossplay was ukon from ayatsuri sakon...
i got to wal around with a pipe and everything ^.^
um... wax? of what a ever had waxed ---eyebrows only--- it doesn't hurt... in fact i know that plucking your eyebrows hurts 100X as much then waxing...

Sakon
01-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Hiya, Kohyoh!

Happy to see you here! (saw your Ukon on cosplaylab and loved it! been telling all the Sakon fans I know to go and see). My first was Kojiro from Pokemon's Team Rocket. That was also my first cosplay. And I guess Ukon is my second. He's such a great character for it! But I honestly haven't ever seen an actual male doing Sakon or Ukon...hmmm...
I think I only have one girl on my future cosplay list.

PoodleBoy
08-14-2004, 01:11 AM
Okay, I'm going to be crossplaying as Komugi from Nurse Komugi Magikarte (recently liscenced by ADV) and Soul Taker.

This will be my first Crossplay ever.. and I just wanted to know if anyoen hs general tips on dress-making for guys and any other helpfull crossplay hints.

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I crossplayed as Alice in Wonderland last summer. I was 19 then and have a stick-like figure! I found the Alice costume really gave me a cute shape. My skirt was pouffed out very much by two net petticoats and the way it gathered into the waistband gave an illusion of a curvy hip. The top of the dress had short puffed sleeves and a white organdy pinafore was worn over the front of the dress and it tied behind. This gives a boy's normally straight shaped body a good girlish figure! Ive always thought the best crossplay costumes for boys should involve those with pouffy skirts, it just looks real good and you'll have fun wearing them! Best of luck with your costume!