we should do a huge LOTR cosplay
gathering in front of it.. I think the best
time would be saturday because a lot
of ppl work on thurs and friday.

I thinking maybe Sat around 1:00 PM?
is that cool with everyone?

Sana-chan
07-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Cool with me ^_^. Me, Ashley Rice and a whole bunch of other peoples are doing LOTR cosplay too XD.

kylash327
07-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Sounds good!

FlameSniperRei
07-08-2003, 02:30 PM
^^; man this means crunch time for me to finish my costume!

KelBebop
07-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Awww...bummer. I can't wear my LOTR costume on Saturday, because I'll be wearing it for the masquerade. :(

I will be in my LOTR costume on Sunday, though...as will the rest of my group! There are 12 of us, so we'll be pretty hard to miss! :D

All good things,
Kel

A J
07-08-2003, 04:54 PM
*grumble* I'm with Kel so I can't wear my costume either until Sunday.

But yeah, we shouldn't be that hard to miss. Look for a LOTR group that's entirely female... =D Except for Aragorn... LOL

Anneke
07-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Hey guys! I'm sure you have a million Arwen's there, but I just finished the Arwen riding coat ("If you want him, come and claim him!") costume and will be the only one of my friends who will be going in LOTR costume. I'm going to be wearing it on Sunday, any chance I could hook up with you guys for photos or something? Is there a leader for this group that I should talk to??
Thanks much!
Ann

Sana-chan
07-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Nothing's wrong with a whole bunch of Arwen ^_^. Myself I'm juss wearing Legolas one day only: Saturday.

KelBebop
07-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Anneke
Hey guys! I'm sure you have a million Arwen's there, but I just finished the Arwen riding coat ("If you want him, come and claim him!") costume and will be the only one of my friends who will be going in LOTR costume. I'm going to be wearing it on Sunday, any chance I could hook up with you guys for photos or something? Is there a leader for this group that I should talk to??
Thanks much!
Ann

Hullo Ann!

Well, we don't really have anything formal planned for Sunday. I think we'll mostly be just hanging out as a group together. Of course we could meet up for photos! I think that would be really fun. The more, the merrier! :D Maybe we can plan to meet up by the New Line booth at a particular time? They're putting the Sunday schedule on the website tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a better idea for a time after that. :cool:

All good things,
Kel

Aya Mizu
07-09-2003, 01:15 PM
;_; Boo I would have liked to have made it to the gathering but I'm with AJ and Kel so no costume til afterwards for me too.

sbjudy
07-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Ditto for me. No Gimli until Sunday. But, you'll definately be able to find me and Kel, AJ and Annie and the rest of our group :)

Yuna
07-09-2003, 05:12 PM
XD Judy's gonna be there XD How Yummy!

Can I be random fangirl #7 for your group?

FlameSniperRei
07-09-2003, 05:46 PM
should there be like two gatherings? Or maybe like after the masq or is taht too late x_x;

I'm doing the Arwen hope dress which I don't think many people have done *shrug*

Anneke
07-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Oh cool! Thanks guys! Yeah, once the schedule is up it will be easier to plan the days. The New Line booth sounds to be the most logical meeting place...I got pictures of me in my costume if anyone is interested in checking them out. I'm trying to figure out how to resize them for my cosplay gallery at the moment though :P I have Arwen's sword too, but I hear comic con intl. doesn't permit "weapons" anyone know how to get around that??
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

Ann

A J
07-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Leaders?? :: points at Judy and Kel ::

Oh fearless leaders... would u like to designate a time to meet for photos on Sunday? I'm thinking later in the day (like after lunch) would be good cause it takes Judy FOREVER to get into Gimli. =)

sbjudy
07-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Okay, how about we plan to meet at the New Line booth at 1pm on Sunday. We're pretty committed that day, so I figured the later the better. And, as AJ said, it takes me FOREVER to get into Gimli. I'm going to have to pack my stuff out of my hotel room at 4 in the morning!!

L to the 3rd
07-10-2003, 12:53 PM
i think i'm only wearing legolas on Saturday but if i get to watch the masqeruade, i'll be rooting for you guys and maybe after we can take pics together eh?

KelBebop
07-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Leader? Who, me? *looks around* Hee!

1 pm works for me. It's after lunch and after all our morning commitments, so yeah, I think that'll be great. Judy, I'm actually surprised you didn't say a later time! :thumbsup:

Yay! Group pics!

I looked at the Sunday schedule on the CCI website, and it doesn't look like there is any LOTR programming planned for that day.

All good things,
Kel

L to the 3rd
07-10-2003, 09:58 PM
there is a LOTR panel from 2:003:30.

New Line: Lord of the Rings and Freddy vs. Jason on SAT.

So maybe the time should be changed a lil' earlier to 12:30..for some lil' breathing time before heading to the panel!!! It's just a suggestion tho'.. i'll be there earlier, regardless.

I'll be waiting at the new line area from 12:30 to 1:55 then head on over to the panel.

Freya
07-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Well knowing that panel I'll bet the best seats are gonna be taken early (meaning there will be probably be a line forming early) because I remember last year how I lost out on waiting in line. But I'm gonna be Frodo regardless so I might stop by the gathering if everyone is there a bit earlier than 12:30 and take quick photos b4 heading over to the panel.

Maybe as a huge group we should go to and support LOTR. We might stand out enough to meet the actors...worth a shot. ^_^

KelBebop
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I'll definitely be at the panel on Saturday, although not in my Merry costume. I'll probably be in one of my LOTR t-shirts and jeans, and carrying a Merry teddy bear. :D

Aya Mizu
07-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Hm, I don't think it takes me that long to get into costume so maybe i'll go in plainclothes to the panel too. AJ? Were you planning on going as well?

:D Heehee I also need to see the Merry Bear XD weeeee

L to the 3rd
07-11-2003, 03:32 PM
i think 12:30 is the earliest i can make it cuz i'll be driving down and it takes me 3 hours to get into legolas.. i'm serious. X_X;

A J
07-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Ugh, color me confused. We talking Saturday or Sunday?

Panel is on Saturday right? We can make that but the One Ring Circus won't be in costume.

Sunday, ORC will be in costume and we're gonna meet at 1pm at the NewLine booth.

Did I get that right?

:: wanders off confused ::

Aya Mizu
07-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Nooo idea o_o I thought the panel on Saturday, not in costume? And then in costume for us on Sunday.

*confused too*

KelBebop
07-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by A J
Ugh, color me confused. We talking Saturday or Sunday?

Panel is on Saturday right? We can make that but the One Ring Circus won't be in costume.

Sunday, ORC will be in costume and we're gonna meet at 1pm at the NewLine booth.

Did I get that right?

:: wanders off confused ::

Heh, I think a little of both. :thumbsup:

Saturday is the 2:00 panel...there was talk of meeting up to go to that together. ORC cannot be in costume, but others will be. I will most likely be in "civvies" Saturday afternoon so I don't have to make lots of costume changes in one day. I was also planning to take pics of the people in costume. :)

Sunday, ORC will be in costume (although lots of other people are saying they won't be) and we're going to meet at the New Line booth at 1 to take pictures with any other LOTR cosplayers who might want to do so.

All good things,
Kel

KelBebop
07-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Aya Mizu
Nooo idea o_o I thought the panel on Saturday, not in costume? And then in costume for us on Sunday.

*confused too*

Hee hee. It's okay. Here's a simple breakdown: Saturday, ORC not in costume until masquerade. Sunday, ORC in costume. :D

All good things,
Kel

Aya Mizu
07-11-2003, 04:01 PM
LOL Okay! It's all good then.

A J
07-11-2003, 05:34 PM
See, this is why she's the leader and I'm just a minion. =D

FlameSniperRei
07-11-2003, 06:45 PM
*random* AJ, you're cosplay is amazing. You don't know me, but I'm Will's g/f lol.

;_; aw man I think I'm only going to be in Arwen on Saturday....

Anneke
07-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Cool! I didn't know about the panel. I will surely be there in my Witchblade costume :D Sunday at 1pm I will be at the new line booth to meet you guys. Can't wait, your costumes are the best I've seen. If you want to see mine *blushes* I finally got it up in my cosplay gallery. I just took new ones with my sword and gloves (no ears yet tho!!) so I got new ones to post soon. Who knows if I will before I leave for San Diego on Sunday though!

L to the 3rd
07-12-2003, 03:51 AM
There will be a definite Saturday LOTR meeting at 12:30 right before the LOTR Panel.

There will be another Sunday at 1:00 PM gathering for those who can't wear their costumes until after the masq.

A J
07-12-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by FlameSniperRei
*random* AJ, you're cosplay is amazing. You don't know me, but I'm Will's g/f lol.

Hi! I know of you and have seen you at cons but I don't think we've ever officially met. We'll have to take care of that at SDCC. =) Thanks for the compliments! You and L^3 have awesome costumes too!

Say hi to Will for me if he's still around. ^^

Mirkwood_Elf
07-12-2003, 07:34 PM
i am so there. How did you people do your pionty ears? I'm trapped there. the rest of my costume is ready to go, and I'll be wearing it on saturday. I wanted to be Legolas, but it turned out more like a regular elf. Are we meeting in front of the LOTR panel room?

Freya
07-12-2003, 09:01 PM
I think for the photo gathering we were meeting at the Lord of the Rings booth and then going up to the panel as a group.
What's the official say on this? Don't quote me ^_^

L to the 3rd
07-13-2003, 01:41 AM
Yep yep.. meeting at the New Line Cinema LOTR booth is probably the best cuz there's a nice LOTR exhibit there.

A J
07-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Mirkwood_Elf,

Try woochie's elf ears. Those work pretty well and are easy to get. Most costume shops have them or you can order them online.

Sana-chan
07-13-2003, 09:05 AM
I just use ear tips for my Legolas ears ^^ in my experiences anyway they work better then the full ear covers.

Yay I'm so excited! I juss hope my Legolas costume is still alive. I made it like... a year ago and haven't looked at it since lol. Must work on wig still tho...

Suzushichan
07-13-2003, 06:27 PM
YAY!!! Mirkwood Elf is wearing the costume that I made 4 her!!!
WOO! *glompz*

Mirkwood_Elf
07-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Yep, Suzushichan made my costume for me. I thank her millions. But if we meet at the new lines booth wouldn't that make us last in line?

Suzushichan
07-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Eh? Hey Mirky, r we still meeting on saturday in the sails pavilion?
I'll be in my team rocket costume but My hair will be purple. hope to see ya' all very soon! :)

KelBebop
07-15-2003, 12:16 PM
This New Line press release (http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.071403/231955596&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=) talks about the LOTR panel at Comic-Con. Looks like it'll be great! I don't know how they're going to cram all that cool stuff into such a short panel!

Eep! I think I'm going to get in line early for this panel!

And of course, I am totally squealing like a fangirl over the fact that this article confirms that a certain blue-eyed hobbit will be there! (If he doesn't bail, that is!) ;)

All good things,
Kel

Yuna
07-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Just for some confirmation stuff:

LotR people who will for sure be attending the Saturday exhibition in Ballroom 20 are:
- Richard Taylor and lots of WETA people
- Andy Serkis
- Sean Astin
- Elijiah Wood (confirmed today)
- and a bunch of other people who worked on the movie but no one really cares about.

I know Richard Taylor is gonna host it again... so we'll have to sit through his EVER so annoying, nasal voice x__x Hopefully they'll have the actors that played Sauron and Lurtz again this year, but I don't know for sure =\ My brain is pretty fried so I could be forgetting someone x__x

cgmangotiger
02-26-2004, 04:46 AM
EDIT:

Meeep! I really need to check the dates on these things...

Is there going to be a get together for 2004?

Mich
06-13-2004, 10:42 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooops

Lasyrenn
06-15-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm kinda confused! This will be my first year at San Diego Comic Con (though I've lived here for 5 years :schitzo: ) so I'm not totally sure where everything's at. I can only go one day (the rest of my money is going to AX), so which day do you think would be the best to bring my costume for a group photo? I read something about one group meeting in front of the New Line Cinema booth and then going to the panel together. I was interested in doing this one (any cast members going to be at the panel?). I'll be making either an Eowyn shield maiden dress or some Arwen dress. I have brown hair, but I really would rather do Eowyn! Any suggestions? Thanks!

~Merle :chatah: