PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Series Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

Mikka☆
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, I've searched all over this board on a discussion for Twilight Cosplay and so far I haven't seen any! [If there is and/or this is the wrong place, my bad! ^^;]

But anywayz, I'm a big fan of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. The series is getting really popular fast and people are slowly starting to get into cosplaying the characters.

So far, I've only done Rosalie Hale. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/166331/

So have you cosplayed any Twilight characters? =D

ArtsyTails
08-13-2008, 07:35 AM
I cosplayed Alice for the Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party. I had some videos on youtube, but I took them down after a while... I made her prom dress. It was pretty fun! My "Jasper", wearing a tux, and I won the costume contest award...

Though it wasn't much of a contest. Almost all the other contestants just wore shirts.

Lady Saru
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Victoria, an "OC version" which means she looked how I thought she should look. For Breaking Dawn and for the future movie release.

Freak-a-deak
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I just started this series and find it quite interesting. Not many people put vampires in books nowadays. I'm still not someone who believes it surpasses other popular works, though.
I still plan on cosplaying from it. I was thinking Alice or Bella. The thing I love about Twilight costumes are that they are really casual and perfect for late night or departing from a con.

StrawberrySiren
08-13-2008, 11:37 PM
i WILL cosplay as alice. i don't care that i'm dark enough to be a werewolf. I AM DOING IT!

although just saw the video for bullet for my valentine...werewolves aren't THAT bad...

Hyper_Phantom
08-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I did Alice Cullen for the Breaking Dawn party and won the costume contest. I was up against my friend who did a really amazing Edward.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/166469/

I have a good fullbody pic, but it's on a seperate camera that I've lost the cable for. =|

Rei Ayanami
08-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I actually did a cosplay of post-transformation Bella :)

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/121645/

benihime
08-14-2008, 01:04 AM
i cosplayed edward at our waldenbooks party, but i was on staff so i couldn't participate in the contest, but for the scavenger hunt they had to come find me and i had to "bite" them. haha. i dont have any pictures yet though, sorry

uplaw
08-16-2008, 12:35 PM
---

Arissa-chan
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Ah! Twilight cosplay?! Genius! I would love to do Alice or Bella...mostly Bella.

StrawberrySiren
08-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I croplayed James for the release party. I lost to an actual guy, though I'm not quite sure who he was supposed to be. D:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/uplaw/Cosplay/20.png

your pic: scaretastical!

uplaw
08-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Why thank-you Strawberry~!
:3

snowpup146
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I want to cosplay as alice,lunch room version from the movie, but I just can't find her coat or the material for it. I cosplay as rosealie but it's with my own old-fashon clothes, not exactly from the movie. If anyone knows where I could find alices coat or th material for it, please let me know. Thanks! (sorry, i'm getting a bit off subject). I love cosplaying as either alice or rosealie, but i've never been to a con befor. i heard about somthing called 'Twicon'. I'm guessing it's spescifically a twilight con, but i'm not even sure it exists.....

Drackt
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, Twi-Con is being held in Dallas, TX next summer.

And if you've heard of Evil Iguana Productions from YouTube (Those guys with the funny "Twilight" parody), they'll be guests there.

Funny promo featuring Craig clueless about the series. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq_5FptP13g)

I'm planning to probably do a crossplay of the "Gothic Vampire" Edward from the fantasy sequence in the film. When I get around to it, I don't know.

StrawberrySiren
12-12-2008, 11:20 PM
ooh. that would be great! that scene...that was sexy.

snowpup146
12-13-2008, 03:57 PM
That's cool!!! I want to go to Tx now.....I love that scene from the movie, too!

Lucifer
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Another Twilight convention will be Accio-con, in Orlando, Florida. Its a convention devoted to both Twilight and Harry Potter.

Their guests are the actors who played Emmett and Alice from the Twilight film :)

Kyokuu
12-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Well this might not count yet as I haven't taken pictures but!
For New Year's, I am crossplaying with a group of friends.
I'll be showing up on City Walk, in Orlando, FL as Jasper Hale.
I suppose I'll be easily spotted by the Alice I'll have at my side! :D
We also have a crossplaying Edward and we do have a Bella, sadly, she will be unable to attend the get-together and we'll spend the next day hunting her down with Edward in a small 'find the girl' spree at a new by mall. Mwahah!

We might also have a Emmet show up to the New Year's bash...

One small comment I do have to make- I've spent a lot of labor working on a blond wig for Jasper (my hair is naturally a very dark, dark brown- often mistaken for black and although I have the cut for styling Jasper's look, I opted for a wig for the sake of being blond!), it is a BEAST to fix. Fun, don't get me wrong, but since it's the first wig I've actually sat with and majorly styled beyond cutting? It's been...interesting!
Still, I'm hoping we will have a blast and maybe be noticed by a few fellow fans.

When I get the chance, I'll be sure to toss up some pictures for you guys.
My only request is that you don't bash too hard since we were merely basing our looks from their movie styles and expanded.
This will also be my first time ever crossplaying in a large public place so...it'll be interesting to hear my southern accent kicking it up for Jasper. XD

NecroticNymph
12-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Well I rather disliked the movie and then read the book, only to dislike it, too. But hero-saving-damsel is my guilty pleasure and I already bought ALL the Twilight series e-books so I promised myself I will finish them!

Regardless! Although Rosalie was mentioned very few times and spoke less than any character (I think), I am picturing a very nice design for her prom dress and am considering making it. I'd base the way I style the wig on her in-movie hair and pretty much make up the dress based on the author's very brief description.

I hear she gets more recognition later in the book series so I will continue reading! Until then, when I find a good deal on red satin, I will splurge and make the dress =3

Hyuuga Tenten
12-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Me and a group of friends are going as Twilight characters at an upcoming convention. I'm going to be going as Edward, and if I heard right I think we have all the cullens in our group >.<

I don't have pics yet *sniffle*

Though I do have a question for you guys, do any of you know of a place where I could get the sheet music for piano of Bella's lullaby? The Bella in our group knows I play the piano and demandsthat I learn it and play it for her. All I can find is the song people say should have been her lullaby.

Artema
12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Actually, er, I've got a question to put forth for you guys, and I really need Twilight fans to let me know which one looks best...

I'm going to crossplay Edward for A-Kon this summer and I'm not sure what wig I should get. :/ I'm going for straight up RPatt!Eddie so I'm just hemming and hawwing over the base I want so as to minimize how much styling I'll have to do. xD I'm lazy.

RPatts!Ed hair (http://www.freewebs.com/theecullens/movie_cullens1.jpg)

I'm thinking either Teri (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25883&cat=2446&page=1) or even (lol) the mens' Edward (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16363&cat=307&page=1). Or Star, meh. Possibly Star because the fringe is longer. :/ idk.

HALP!

Hyuuga Tenten
12-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Of the two that you posted I would go with Teri over Edward.

Artema
12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Of the two that you posted I would go with Teri over Edward.

Ah, thank you. :3 Thought so.

CelestialAurora
01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I've cosplayed as Casual Alice for the TwilightLive event and the L.A. Premiere. It was pretty ghetto. lol But I've also cosplayed as Alice in her baseball uniform when I went to watch the movie. ^_^

Kazephyr
01-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm one tiny detail away from finishing Bella (an outfit described in the books). ^^ I'm also going to start on Aro fairly soon. ^^

The annoying part about Aro is trying to decide on, of all things, the shoes to wear beneath the cloak. >_<;; What would look right?

Mikomi Hatake
01-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I am really excited to be able to wear my Alice costume this year. Last year I made several trips to the mall with a Bella and a Jasper. Its so exciting when kids recognize who you are!

Lucifer
01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Fun situation occurred when I did a (horribly ghetto) Rosalie for the premiere of Twilight. My friends said it would be a GREAT idea to dress up for the movie, so we all did so. I went to the bathroom after the movie, and was told afterward that a little girl went "Look mom, she looks like Rosalie!"

I'm currently working on Victoria, which at this point I have only the "kiss me I'm Irish" shirt made. I have everything for the fluffy cape though, but haven't worked on that portion yet.

I do hope to see lots more Twilight costumes as the convention season gets into gear (and especially when New Moon is released).

zootsgirl15
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Im stitching the C onto my Cullen baseball cap right now
XD
Im doing Rosalie from the baseball scene. I was too lazy to make my own pants out of scratch so I took a pair of khakis(I know their not the color in the movie, but its all I had) and cut them down. The stripey socks were aquired from HT, and Im buying my blouse fabric tomorrow, the only trouble Im having is finding a navy blue puffy vest! The only place I found one even remotely close was all sold out of my size ><
Will definately have it done for Arisia!

Husk
01-05-2009, 08:33 PM
ah Twilight. It's such a guilty pleasure ^_^ I've been drafted as Bella for a biiiig cullen group (everyone but Carlisle and Esme) and we're doing the baseball uniforms. I was wondering since Bella doesn't have one, would it be recognizable with Edwards Baseball shirt possibly? Would it look odd if we BOTH had Edwards shirt or would only one of us have it. I figured i would pose the question to all of you guys, so what's your opinion?

Lucifer
01-06-2009, 09:04 AM
ah Twilight. It's such a guilty pleasure ^_^ I've been drafted as Bella for a biiiig cullen group (everyone but Carlisle and Esme) and we're doing the baseball uniforms. I was wondering since Bella doesn't have one, would it be recognizable with Edwards Baseball shirt possibly? Would it look odd if we BOTH had Edwards shirt or would only one of us have it. I figured i would pose the question to all of you guys, so what's your opinion?

Just wear the corresponding baseball cap. Its what she did in the movie, and kind of kept her in 'baseball' attire, even though she wasn't really playing.

Husk
01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, i have a replica shirt and i'm making the hat, but i was still wondering about Edward's uniform-shirt...it seems like it would add something to be, but if it doesn't i'll keep in on the backburner.

CelestialAurora
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, i have a replica shirt and i'm making the hat, but i was still wondering about Edward's uniform-shirt...it seems like it would add something to be, but if it doesn't i'll keep in on the backburner.

I think it's better to just keep to the hat. I think it's too much if you wear the shirt too. Plus, since Bella is kind of anti-sports I think she would have a fit if Edward made her wear his baseball shirt. lol XD And in the movie, it wasn't even her choice to wear the hat. Edward was the one that put it on her head.

zomgmissy
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
My girlfriend and I have been planning on Twilight cosplay for a while. Not movie version, I personally hate their casting. I'm supposed to order my wig for Edward next week, but we'll see how that pans out.

We're trying to get our best friend to be Jacob, as he's absolutely perfect (tall, short dark hair, and even has Native American blood in him), but he's not quite going for it yet. We'll break him. >>

Niccypippy
01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
i was thinking of doing an Alice Cullen cosplay cause my skin can be un healthy pale sometimes but does anyone have any ideas that will make it so people will be "like hay ur Alice Cullen from twilight" help will be appreciated

Husk
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
well, the baseball uniforms are the dead giveaway, however contacts good make up and a super good wig would make you pretty recognizable, (especially if you're cosplaying with a few more Cullens too)

NoTsOsErIoUs
01-10-2009, 10:26 AM
9mm are doing Twilight style contact lenses

http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/twilight.aspx

Twilight is not really my cup of tea. I prefer my vamps with a bit more bite, if you will.

Still, while searching for Lost Boys contacts I came across these. Hope it helps some of you.

LoveAnime18
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I've done two different Bella outfits.
I want to do baseball Bella since my Alice and Jasper is doing the baseball oufits XD

Elycium
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
9mm are doing Twilight style contact lenses

http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/twilight.aspx

Exotic Lenses also has contacts that would work really well for Twlight, at a lot less of a cost that the 9mm ones.

http://exoticlenses.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_30&products_id=96

NoTsOsErIoUs
01-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Yep, but in life you only get what you pay for :reverse:

Lucifer
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Or to be a bit different, you could always go with "black out" contacts, and just be 'hungry Cullen' :3

Elycium
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Yep, but in life you only get what you pay for :reverse:

Actually, my friend bought two sets of contacts from exotic lenses just this past week, and even though they're the cheaper brand, the contacts are excellent, fit well, and look great. So I could still justify not spending $125 on contacts if there's a cheaper option and you're on a budget.

Lucifer, the same friend I mentioned above bought the black contacts for her Teatime (The Hogfather) cosplay, and they are creepy as heck. They would work very well for the "hungry" look, though

EpicOrange
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Seeing this theard, Alice Cullen is going on my list! I'm incredibly pale and a spaz, so it wont be hard!!

snowpup146
01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm one tiny detail away from finishing Bella (an outfit described in the books). ^^ I'm also going to start on Aro fairly soon. ^^

The annoying part about Aro is trying to decide on, of all things, the shoes to wear beneath the cloak. >_<;; What would look right? I heart Aro! I cosplayed as one of the volturi for halloween. I would suggest an old victorian look or the look from the era of which he was turned. For mine i wore a black victorian style vest, a plain black long-sleeve shirt, plain black skinny jeans, and my black converse high tops. and a claok. it won't be the volturi with out the cloak. maybe you could find some manga pics. that's the reference i used for mine along with the books. good luck!:bigtu:

Kazephyr
01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I heart Aro! I cosplayed as one of the volturi for halloween. I would suggest an old victorian look or the look from the era of which he was turned. For mine i wore a black victorian style vest, a plain black long-sleeve shirt, plain black skinny jeans, and my black converse high tops. and a claok. it won't be the volturi with out the cloak. maybe you could find some manga pics. that's the reference i used for mine along with the books. good luck!:bigtu:

Aro is actually my favorite Twilight character. xD

Those are good suggestions. ^^ Aro was turned in... Whoa. 1000 BC!? o_0;; Okay, I'm clueless. ^_^;; Of course, he lived through a lot of eras, so I suppose it wouldn't be out-of-character to have slightly less... old styles. ^_^;; He could be like the Cullens, and just have different things that he liked about all the different times and fashions. ^_^;;

I've considered using the Japanese illustrations, but I don't want to exactly copy them. While I like some of them, those illustrations were inconsistent with the books in places (Carlisle having black hair and fangs, etc.), so I'm going mostly off of the book's descriptions and my imagination. ^_^;; There are times I really wish those books were more descriptive, but oh well. ^_^;;

zomgmissy
01-25-2009, 09:19 AM
I got my Edward Cullen wig today, a Fashion 101 from Amphigory in the tricolor. The color is absolutely perfect except for the fact that more blond is in the front than on any other part of the wig. Oh, well, I still love it. I won't be doing a formal photoshoot until I have the outfit I want and I have my braces off. Twenty-nine days until my teeth are free!

Tariana
01-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I've "cosplayed" as Esme and I'll apparently be doing it again next month. No real reason, just going to visit a friend and we're all gonna dress up as twilight characters.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/198585/

radioheart
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I cosplayed as Alice once at a book launch, but it wasn't that great. It was fun though. =)

Bulma©
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
*spoiler for those who haven't read the last book*

I plan on doing a pregnant bella cause well....I'm pregnant. Lol. I'm ordering a 'mrs cullen' shirt and plan on carrying around a paper cup with lid and straw so you can't 'see' what I'm drinking.

StrawberrySiren
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
congradulations, bulma!
and that idea sounds hilariously delightful.

ravenmist
01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I think I'm going to finally join this thread after much lurking. Haha. Looks like I'll be making an Alice cosplay. I believe my Yuna wig will do well for Alice. I also have the necklace already for doing one of her movie versions. Not to figure out which version. I need still shots. Anyone have any to share?

AberrantBliss
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I did a Bella cosplay! I dressed up for the Breaking Dawn Midnight Release party as "Vampire Bella." It's sorta funny because...you know, I didn't know what was going to happen in the book! i just thought it'd be cool.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/199728/

I hope that link works... :)

Bulma, that sounds so hilarious! :)

<3<3

Tariana
01-31-2009, 12:14 AM
I think I'm going to finally join this thread after much lurking. Haha. Looks like I'll be making an Alice cosplay. I believe my Yuna wig will do well for Alice. I also have the necklace already for doing one of her movie versions. Not to figure out which version. I need still shots. Anyone have any to share?

I have some rather large images. I don't know that I should post them onto this site, I mean they are humongous or maybe I could send them to you?

Here are a few smaller images. (All images are property of Summit Entertainment, I believe that's the name.) I literally can't upload my other images, they're too big.

Well I do have more, you can just shoot me a message. I've edited my profile so other members can send me email, just mention cosplay.com in the subject. I wander over here every so often.

ravenmist
01-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Tariana! I sent you a PM.

Say, if someone wouldn't mind checking my Yuna pictures (like the one to the left) and let me know if that wig will be ok for Alice. I'm trying not to buy another wig, but if I have to then so be it. I'm all about accuracy.
Thanks!

I have some rather large images. I don't know that I should post them onto this site, I mean they are humongous or maybe I could send them to you?

Here are a few smaller images. (All images are property of Summit Entertainment, I believe that's the name.) I literally can't upload my other images, they're too big.

Well I do have more, you can just shoot me a message. I've edited my profile so other members can send me email, just mention cosplay.com in the subject. I wander over here every so often.

zomgmissy
02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Fifteen more days until my braces come off. I'm itching for a Twilight photoshoot. I tested my wig the other day and I love it lots. I can't wait for a real shoot~

snowpup146
02-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Aro is actually my favorite Twilight character. xD

Those are good suggestions. ^^ Aro was turned in... Whoa. 1000 BC!? o_0;; Okay, I'm clueless. ^_^;; Of course, he lived through a lot of eras, so I suppose it wouldn't be out-of-character to have slightly less... old styles. ^_^;; He could be like the Cullens, and just have different things that he liked about all the different times and fashions. ^_^;;

I've considered using the Japanese illustrations, but I don't want to exactly copy them. While I like some of them, those illustrations were inconsistent with the books in places (Carlisle having black hair and fangs, etc.), so I'm going mostly off of the book's descriptions and my imagination. ^_^;; There are times I really wish those books were more descriptive, but oh well. ^_^;;
Thanks! ........Yeah, me too...

snowpup146
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
congradulations, bulma!
and that idea sounds hilariously delightful.
I second this comment!

LoyalGenevieve
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Ohhh haha.
This is interesting... I've cosplayed Bella before and performed a skit with my Edward (Who is actually my boyfriend, though Edward doesn't have a beard >.>............<.<)
But I've cut my hair short so I'm probably gonna go for Alica next... Even though I'm a giant.
O.O
(5'11)

TransurrealisTristan
02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Wait a minute!

You mean "Twilight" has gone Anime/Manga now? :confused:

For me,I plan on doing Edward Cullen for a friend's photoshoot. :D

I'm pale enough and my eyes can turn black.(No joke here)

Good luck to all you Bellas,Edwards,Jacobs and the lot. :)

Vampire solidarity,rah rah rah!

Hyuuga Tenten
02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Finally cosplayed as Edward,

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1897731/

I didn't get the angled features as well over dramatized I as I wanted, and the wig isn't as messy as needed... Aw well, I had a great time at the photoshoot we had. To bad I never got to take my Bella to the grand piano and get some shots, Ugh, I even learned how to play Bella's Lullaby for her. >: (

iycis
02-19-2009, 08:01 PM
This website has a decent library of Alice pics and stills: http://www.ifelthope.net/jasperalice/

Right now I'm working on an Alice baseball costume to wear to SDCC. I spent an hour and a half last night tracking down the exact version of her underarmor shirt that is no longer made by the company. Finally found it but can't seem to track down an accurate style name for it. The other parts are easier at least.

ravenmist
03-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I finished Alice! Well, short of getting paler make-up and contacts.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/206013/

I love it. I'm so pleased with it. I'm a bit bummed I really didn't sew much to it except modifying the sweater I bought on Ebay, but I'm still proud of what I got done. Now...to find a con to wear it to. Haha. I just love the dress. It's like dessert. It's sad I bent over backwards trying to find this designer dress for a cosplay. Haha.
Hope you all like it! I'm gonna try and get some better pictures once the weather is...well...not cold and gross out.

StrawberrySiren
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
whoa. it's like a perfect recreation of the poster!!! whoa!!!

ravenmist
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
whoa. it's like a perfect recreation of the poster!!! whoa!!!

Haha. Thanks! I tried. I'm picky about my cosplays so accuracy is what I strive for. Glad my anal-retentiveness to detail paid off for something.

OlydialPrincess
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
We are doing the Baseball uniforms for the HotTopic release party...I'm doing Alice...as everyone tells me I look so much like her...I should have photos up soon...LOL we're also doing a "red carpet" "prom look" for New Moons Movie release! I can't wait!

zomgmissy
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
My girlfriend and best friend and I have started a webshow titled Forks Uncensored on YouTube. You can see our cosplays on there~

Also, we're dragging a ton of people to the Twilight DVD release party on Friday and I'll hopefully have lots of pictures from that~

iycis
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I finished my Alice baseball costume for the DVD release.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/212445/

I had so much fun wearing this! :)

Lucifer
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I recently finished my Victoria costume, which is going to be worn to a Harry Potter/Twilight convention this weekend.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/199508/

I'm also in the process of finding generic jerseys to modify into Edward and Carlisle's.

AoutValour
04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm planning on doing Edward Cullen and I wanted to get a group together of everyone (or as many as we can get together) for a photoshoot and hangout time at some big con that's hosted on the Eastern half of the US (I'm not sure which though). If anyone is interested or has ideas of what con, please PM me or just post here.

iycis
04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm planning on doing Edward Cullen and I wanted to get a group together of everyone (or as many as we can get together) for a photoshoot and hangout time at some big con that's hosted on the Eastern half of the US (I'm not sure which though). If anyone is interested or has ideas of what con, please PM me or just post here.

How about this? http://www.creationent.com/cal/twilight_nj.htm

Don't know how big that actually is but its Twilight at least.

Wildeth
04-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I recently finished my Victoria costume, which is going to be worn to a Harry Potter/Twilight convention this weekend.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/199508/

I'm also in the process of finding generic jerseys to modify into Edward and Carlisle's.

OMG, that's such a good Vic cosplay. Kudos to you <3

Lucifer
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
OMG, that's such a good Vic cosplay. Kudos to you <3

Thank you ^_^!

AoutValour
04-06-2009, 12:11 PM
How about this? http://www.creationent.com/cal/twilight_nj.htm

Don't know how big that actually is but its Twilight at least.

Cool. Thanks.

Axelai
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
If people do a good cosplay, then go for it! Just make sure its accurate to the REAL characters in the book, not the butchered ones in the movie. Like, Alice's pixie hair, not her crap hair in the movie

iycis
04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow thanks for the diss to all of us who enjoy the movie version too and have styled their hair as the "crap" Alice cut for their costume.

I think everyone should feel free to cosplay these characters as they so choose. That is the fun of it.

sessohmaru
04-10-2009, 11:24 PM
i cosplayed as bella becuase my aunt said i looked like her

AoutValour
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
i cosplayed as bella becuase my aunt said i looked like her

You should post some photos cause I'd love to see it.

AoutValour
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Ok, the con I'm going to try this at is ColossalCon.

Here's the cosplay.com page --> http://www.cosplay.com/event/1512/add

And here's the con's main page --> http://www.colossalcon.com/

Hope you can attend if you want to. =)

ravenmist
04-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If people do a good cosplay, then go for it! Just make sure its accurate to the REAL characters in the book, not the butchered ones in the movie. Like, Alice's pixie hair, not her crap hair in the movie

Wow, how kind of you to those of us who do movie accurate Twilight cosplays. Appreciate it.
The problem with the book is that the descriptions only go so far. They're up for a lot of interpretation. But go for it.
We can cosplay whichever version we prefer.

iycis
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Amen to that ^.

On another note, if anyone is looking for a good Twilight contacts, I just got my "Amber Ambition" pair the other day. They are excellent! Really vivid color. I love them. No pics yet of me wearing them but here's the link to the website I bought them from.

I don't know why they picture them with blue in the middle because that is not how they actually look.
https://www.coastalcontacts.com/contact-lenses/clearly-colors/prod96101.html

This site has a much better representation of how they actually look but I didn't buy them here.
http://color-my-eyes.com/p-27-ambition-amber.aspx

ragingphoxx
04-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I have cosplayed as Rosalie in her prom dress (the one described in the book) at Ohayocon and am working on a Vengeful Rosalie in her blood splattered wedding dress (thank you Savers for having cheap wedding dresses!!!)

Lucifer
04-14-2009, 08:17 AM
...am working on a Vengeful Rosalie in her blood splattered wedding dress (thank you Savers for having cheap wedding dresses!!!)

That's really creative! Definitely take pictures!

Drackt
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I've finally decided to attempt 'Gothic Fantasy' Edward for Halloween.

Except I have two questions-
1. Is he wearing a vest under the jacket? I've watched the DVD again, and I can't quite figure it out.
2. Does he have claws? Or is that open to interpretation?

So confused...

EDIT-I'm also having trouble looking for an Edwardian/Victorian style men's jacket pattern. I thought Butterick made one a while back, but I can't find it in their Out of Print section or eBay...anyone know of historical reproduction patterns that would work?

ragingphoxx
04-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Gladly!

(Just need to run over to the theatrical store and invest in some fake blood)

XD

iycis
04-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I've finally decided to attempt 'Gothic Fantasy' Edward for Halloween.

Except I have two questions-
1. Is he wearing a vest under the jacket? I've watched the DVD again, and I can't quite figure it out.
2. Does he have claws? Or is that open to interpretation?

So confused...

EDIT-I'm also having trouble looking for an Edwardian/Victorian style men's jacket pattern. I thought Butterick made one a while back, but I can't find it in their Out of Print section or eBay...anyone know of historical reproduction patterns that would work?

https://www.reconstructinghistory.com

Not sure if this will help you, but I have used patterns from this site for my own Tudor era dresses. The site owner makes historically accurate patterns from many time periods, including Victorian. They are on the more expensive side due to the accurate nature of what you're getting as opposed to patterns made by the big 3 companies (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick) which just go for the "look" of the time. That may not be a concern for you, but at least you know they have coat patterns at all. I honestly haven't paid enough attention to the coat he's wearing that scene to know if any of the patterns on the site are similar though.

Kyokuu
04-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Just figured I'd throw this out there-

I'll be hitting Jacon up as Jasper Hale with my own personal Alice Cullen (hooray for friends!) and an Edward Cullen. :D
The rest of our group sort of...failed. Ah, well!

After this con (and before it, heh!) I'll be working super hard to trim down for crossplaying James to the Victoria at AFO (if I'm recalling our set con scheduling right) sooo lots of fun!
I figure, having already lost almost 30lbs total in an effort to perfect my crossplaying abilities, then knocking down some more and gaining some abs for James wouldn't hurt one bit.

Besides- it's fun as hell to 'practice' improv for the roles.
Just the other night I went out with my Victoria and we sat outside exchanging 'in character' conversations that quickly boiled down to James commenting on Victoria's 'noises' and Victoria snapping back in true tigress fashion~
:D

I'll try to post up some shots whenever we get around to it but right now, I'm running close on even affording all of my Jasper costume for Jacon. I've finally gotten my contacts (Love,love,LOVE) and my exact cowboy boots (which I've been wearing all the time. Mmm....comfort). Now I just need to snag the danged coat and a possible under shirt with pants if I'm feeling like tossing even more money into the whole deal beyond the $80 dollars it's going to run me to dye my hair. @.@;

Cosplay/Crossplay= So fun. So expensive!

Lucifer
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Just figured I'd throw this out there-

I'll be hitting Jacon up as Jasper Hale with my own personal Alice Cullen (hooray for friends!) and an Edward Cullen. :D
The rest of our group sort of...failed. Ah, well!

After this con (and before it, heh!) I'll be working super hard to trim down for crossplaying James to the Victoria at AFO (if I'm recalling our set con scheduling right) sooo lots of fun!
I figure, having already lost almost 30lbs total in an effort to perfect my crossplaying abilities, then knocking down some more and gaining some abs for James wouldn't hurt one bit.

Oh awesome! I hope I see you at JACON & AFO all Cullen/Nomad-ified. :D

Drackt
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
https://www.reconstructinghistory.com

Not sure if this will help you, but I have used patterns from this site for my own Tudor era dresses. The site owner makes historically accurate patterns from many time periods, including Victorian. They are on the more expensive side due to the accurate nature of what you're getting as opposed to patterns made by the big 3 companies (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick) which just go for the "look" of the time. That may not be a concern for you, but at least you know they have coat patterns at all. I honestly haven't paid enough attention to the coat he's wearing that scene to know if any of the patterns on the site are similar though.

Thanks for the link, but I have tried there, and so far, nothing.

I think there WAS one Butterick put out, but I tried to find it in OoP, and it wasn't there anymore. :( Well, hopefully I can find it in their new crop of patterns soon.

GlassCannon
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to Cosplay.com, so I thought I'd drop in here and say hi. I've been cosplaying off and on my whole life, but never very seriously. I'm going to my very first con ever this summer -- DragonCon! -- and I'm working on screen accurate James and Victoria costumes for my husband and I.

Glad to see there are other people out there doing Twilight cosplay. I've looked through some of the pictures on this thread and you guys look great! If any of your are interested, I've been helping to get a Twilight cosplay community going over on LiveJournal, the link is in my sig. We're a small but helpful group so far, and we'd love to have more people around to share the craziness!

So happy to be here!
~GlassCannon

Celebfaer
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I've cosplayed Alice before, movie version, but unfortunately got no pictures of it! I also saw the lovely Diane Von Furstenburg dress that she wore in the movie up on Ebay a few weeks ago... of course, I had no money for it... but still!

Kyokuu
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh awesome! I hope I see you at JACON & AFO all Cullen/Nomad-ified. :D

Thank you! If you're going to be looking for us, we shouldn't be too hard to spot (I hope) since we'll be appearing dressed for the lunch room scene (blazing white coats GO!). Well, our Edward might be a bit off (money woes!) but, we'll still be there and having a blast.

Obviously AFO will be the bad vamps time to shine. :D

Lucifer
04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Thank you! If you're going to be looking for us, we shouldn't be too hard to spot (I hope) since we'll be appearing dressed for the lunch room scene (blazing white coats GO!). Well, our Edward might be a bit off (money woes!) but, we'll still be there and having a blast.

Obviously AFO will be the bad vamps time to shine. :D

I'll be sure to have my camera handy, and especially at AFO too!

ravenmist
04-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Question to those who have done movie baseball scene Alice.
I know she wears Under Armor, but does anyone know exactly what she wears? I believe someone on here did it and mentioned it a couple pages back, but I couldn't find it. =( I probably just skimmed over it and didn't realize it.
I'm thinking of doing her baseball outfit, but I need all the help I can get. It's not definite yet, but have been thinking a lot about it.
Thanks!!

iycis
04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Question to those who have done movie baseball scene Alice.
I know she wears Under Armor, but does anyone know exactly what she wears? I believe someone on here did it and mentioned it a couple pages back, but I couldn't find it. =( I probably just skimmed over it and didn't realize it.
I'm thinking of doing her baseball outfit, but I need all the help I can get. It's not definite yet, but have been thinking a lot about it.
Thanks!!

I'm the one who found the accurate Under Armor shirt. However even after all the searching I did, the name of that style is still unknown to me. The official UA site doesn't list it anymore and various websites call it different names. I only found it by searching Under Armor on Ebay and sifting through a ton of auctions. I'll see what I can find for you on there and PM you some links.

HappySqueak
05-06-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm going as Alice to my next convention. I still have to make some alterations to the outfit I picked out and make the necklace but I'm looking forward to it :)

CelestialAurora
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm going as Alice to my next convention. I still have to make some alterations to the outfit I picked out and make the necklace but I'm looking forward to it :)

I love the Alice wig that you styled! It's so perfect! ^_^

iycis
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I have the baseball costume but I'd like to do Alice's other costume with the gray dress. So if anyone has any leads on finding a Diane von Furstenberg Oleada dress, PM me. Yes, I realize its hard to find. Yes, I know it'll cost me a lot. Thanks. :)

ravenmist
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I have the baseball costume but I'd like to do Alice's other costume with the gray dress. So if anyone has any leads on finding a Diane von Furstenberg Oleada dress, PM me. Yes, I realize its hard to find. Yes, I know it'll cost me a lot. Thanks. :)

It stinks trying to find that dress anymore. After I found mine you and so many other people have asked me to kep and eye out. I feel bad. I've checked dozens upon dozens of sites and everyone is either out of stock or the link is broken now. I'll keep looking though and if anything pops up I'll let y'all know. I'm tired of all these sites that direct you to other sites that don't carry the dress anymore. It's quite annoying.
Good luck to everyone though. I guess just keep checking Ebay and random little boutique-type web sites. Also, I know someone was selling the dress here on cosplay.com a few months back (though it didn't last long) so keep checking the Marketplace, too!

iycis
05-16-2009, 05:42 PM
It stinks trying to find that dress anymore. After I found mine you and so many other people have asked me to kep and eye out. I feel bad. I've checked dozens upon dozens of sites and everyone is either out of stock or the link is broken now. I'll keep looking though and if anything pops up I'll let y'all know. I'm tired of all these sites that direct you to other sites that don't carry the dress anymore. It's quite annoying.
Good luck to everyone though. I guess just keep checking Ebay and random little boutique-type web sites. Also, I know someone was selling the dress here on cosplay.com a few months back (though it didn't last long) so keep checking the Marketplace, too!

I'm watching the Marketplace here and Ebay everyday. There's one on Ebay right now out of the UK but its close to $500. I'd rather find one for around $300. I know its a long shot. I looked at all those awful links that come up when you search for it too. All out of stock or broken. :\

iycis
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Anyone going to wear their Twilight costume to Comic Con? Just saw this posted elsewhere:

"On Thursday, July 23, Summit Entertainment will hold a panel for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON at Comi-Con International in San Diego, California. Come see our stars and exclusive new footage for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON — there may be even be a surprise or two in store!"

I need to work on perfecting the vamp make up before then as the rest of my costume is finished.

alicecullen
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I saw the dress go for almost $900 recently on Ebay... it's getting a bit ridiculous. =\ I got mine for $300 and I consider myself lucky for it.

CelestialAurora
05-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone going to wear their Twilight costume to Comic Con? Just saw this posted elsewhere:

"On Thursday, July 23, Summit Entertainment will hold a panel for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON at Comi-Con International in San Diego, California. Come see our stars and exclusive new footage for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON — there may be even be a surprise or two in store!"

I need to work on perfecting the vamp make up before then as the rest of my costume is finished.

Gah!!! *O* I really wish I could go! Sadly, SDCC is already completely sold out and I haven't bought a ticket. -_- Maybe next year I'll go if they have an Eclipse panel.

ToroSonyCat
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
wow, just looking at everyones forum avatars there are loads of AMAZING alice cosplayers on here! just on page 7! (i havent been on the other pages lol)

every alice cosplayer on page 7 whos forum avatar is them is amazing

Shizuru Fujino
05-31-2009, 03:54 AM
I need to work on a twilight cosplay..especially because i know the perfect emmet...All of your pictures look great to guys

MasterToph
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Working on some Twilight Cosplaying now. Unfortunatly, the only guy we have needs a total make over to even LOOK like Ed.. =/
I think our Rosalie doesn't look bad though.. ;) And our bella.
Either way, heres a pic, btw its a total WIP.

(I'm Alice in the pic, and thats my real hair I like pulled half back, I'm trying to find a wig currently... Ed needs a wig too.. xD)
Just like I said, everythings only like 30% done =/

-Needs a higher paying job- lol

-here is our WIP vid, just a little something I threw together, which we are totally redoing when we have finished costumes xD-
(I need to change the title at the end to "A Twilight Fan Vid" or something, because we aren't doing the actual "Twilight"..)

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/neohoofbeats/Twilight/?action=view&current=TeaserCheckYesBella_1.flv

The WIP pic;
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/neohoofbeats/Twilight/thegroup.jpg

I have to say, I wasn't a fan of Twilight until I started to find cosplay clothes for Alice. xD
-seriously needs the dress costume-

mousegirl
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I actually cosplayed Alice Cullen. It was a complete mistake, and my Japser came after, when we discovered I looked like Alice.
My friend was messing around with my other friend's sasuke's wig and was pretending to be "cross-dressing" sasuke. Then they put the wig on me, and I was suddenly Alice Cullen. My friend did Rosalie, and my other friend did Jasper from another friend's Idol wig (from Vampire Knight)

anyway, pictures?
http://mousegirl.deviantart.com/art/Alice-and-Jasper-Clingage-108820846
http://mousegirl.deviantart.com/art/Alice-Cullen-and-Jasper-Hale-90987472
http://mousegirl.deviantart.com/art/Alice-and-Jasper-Kiss-90987650

the pictures are bad because we were on a moving bus.
The clinging picture was me about to fall off Jasper's lap because we hit a bump.
lol

iycis
06-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I think I've become pretty obsessed with finding that Oleada dress. Its driving me crazy. I've seen two recently on Ebay and both out of the country. Which scares me too much to attempt a bid on. *sigh* I would love to have this for Comic Con.

CelestialAurora
06-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I think I've become pretty obsessed with finding that Oleada dress. Its driving me crazy. I've seen two recently on Ebay and both out of the country. Which scares me too much to attempt a bid on. *sigh* I would love to have this for Comic Con.

I'm going to just make that dress myself. I just don't like the idea of having to maintain a 100% silk dress. lol

But I do have Alice's Anthropologie sweater, so I'm fine with that for now. XD lol

Eurobeat King
06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
a little off-topic, but at A-kon last weekend, someone who knows me (or recognizes my work) came up to me and asked me to take his picture. Since I rarely say no to request pictures, I took a picture:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2070542/

I posted it because I know the guy would be happy when he saw it, even though that's not cosplay. When people cosplay from Twilight, which IS cosplay in my-book, I support everyone who does. :)

ravenmist
06-11-2009, 08:49 AM
a little off-topic, but at A-kon last weekend, someone who knows me (or recognizes my work) came up to me and asked me to take his picture. Since I rarely say no to request pictures, I took a picture:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2070542/

I posted it because I know the guy would be happy when he saw it, even though that's not cosplay. When people cosplay from Twilight, which IS cosplay in my-book, I support everyone who does. :)

Haha. Nice. I need to get that shirt for my husband. He's very anti-Twilight for a number of reasons...mostly because of the sparkling and he was born in Forks.

Nice photo Al. Thanks for sharing. =)

Kinda random, but I really hope they show more photos from New Moon soon. I really hope Alice has some new cute outfits. So far I only have a shot from the birthday scene and that's it.

iycis: I've still been looking for it for you and another person. I've had no luck though. Now I'm trying to find a pair of boots used in Repo! The Genetic Opera that I believe are even more impossible to find than the Oleada dress!
Good luck! I'll keep looking.

iycis
06-12-2009, 06:48 AM
iycis: I've still been looking for it for you and another person. I've had no luck though. Now I'm trying to find a pair of boots used in Repo! The Genetic Opera that I believe are even more impossible to find than the Oleada dress!
Good luck! I'll keep looking.

Hope you find your shoes!!

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I actually found someone on Etsy.com who can airbrush the detailed pattern on silk for me so I can make the dress. So for now I'm going to do that. However, I still want the real thing. I'd sell the one I'm making if I ever get my hands on an original. My boyfriend may also hate Twilight, but thankfully he's sweet enough to offer to buy me the dress if I find one for sale again. :)

So now I will have two Alice costumes for Comic Con. I'm pretty stoked. Still trying to pin down the best make up strategy that will last long, not rub off on my clothing, and also take some of the heat in San Diego. This is a lot of requirements. lol.

Almost forgot...got to track down a similar black knitted shrug too.

ravenmist
06-12-2009, 09:32 AM
iycis: I got my shrug on Ebay. I think it cost about $10? I had to do a bit of modifying to it, but not much. Just cut off a couple inches from the bottom and fix the collar. It was hard to find one exact, but if you find a slightly longer one and crop it a little you should be good to go.

iycis
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
iycis: I got my shrug on Ebay. I think it cost about $10? I had to do a bit of modifying to it, but not much. Just cut off a couple inches from the bottom and fix the collar. It was hard to find one exact, but if you find a slightly longer one and crop it a little you should be good to go.

Thanks for the tip. I actually found someone to knit me a replica of the shrug. I really love etsy.com now. That site has me finding all sorts of good things for this costume. I got her ribbon necklace with the crest on there too. Someone there is making them more accurate ones than the officially licensed necklace that doesn't fit so well.

Bought my leggings and bracelets yesterday while out shopping too. This is really coming together now. I'm pretty excited!

BloodStainHeart
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a dress like Alice's for cheap?

Sammie_San
06-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I think it would be nifty to cosplay Bella. I would need to wait till my hair grew out again since I chopped it off not too long ago. When my boyfriend moved to California my mom said I acted like Bella >_> Im not sure if I should take that as a compliment. But thats what put the idea in my head that it would be nifty to cosplay bella.

Anyways I haven't seen any Twilight cosplay in person. And actually I didn't think anyone did cosplay Twilight till I saw this thread lol. I think its super nifty and I hope I can cosplay soon.

I probably should finish the books since im in the middle of Eclipse. And Im kind of frightened to see the Movie because everyone I know who is obsessed with Twilight said they hated the Movie. My boyfriend bought me the DVD though and I still haven't watched it ^^;; The actor who plays Edward scares me o_o and for some reason I feel like the whole time I'll be thinking " hes from harry potter " xD but yeah I think im done rambling.

ravenmist
06-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a dress like Alice's for cheap?

So, not the exact dress, just one like hers? Hmm. Well I supposed if you just find a light gray dress with ruffles on the bottom it should work.
I saw one a while back on Amazon.com from American One. I don't know if it's still on there or not. It came in gray and pink. I'd check there. Sorry, for some reason AOL won't let me open up another window or I'd get a link. It's being silly.
Good luck!

Alissie
06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. I actually found someone to knit me a replica of the shrug. I really love etsy.com now. That site has me finding all sorts of good things for this costume. I got her ribbon necklace with the crest on there too. Someone there is making them more accurate ones than the officially licensed necklace that doesn't fit so well.

Bought my leggings and bracelets yesterday while out shopping too. This is really coming together now. I'm pretty excited!

Hey, I'm new here (think 5 minutes new!). I actually found this site while trying to google the ever-elusive Oleada dress. I'm going to a convention at the end of August and STILL don't have an outfit! I'm not exactly a cosplayer [but I'm an actress, so you could say my life is one big cosplay ;)], but I really want to go as Alice. The two obvious options are the Oleada outfit and the Lunch outfit. I'd rather go with the Oleada one, but if I can find a good enough replica of the Limehouse Sweater Coat she wears for lunch I'll go with that.

I had a few questions, though. How much are you paying to get the dress airbrushed? I never even thought of that idea, and it's really smart. I know that designsbyvelvet makes replicas of the sweater; are you using someone else?

Thanks! I'm also looking at wigs, but my head is 23" sooo it's a bit hard to find one (the average is 21, I believe). Does anyone know of any good Alice-y wigs that come in a size large? I love the Leslie one, but I don't think it'll fit. =/

Thanks again! :)

BloodStainHeart
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
So, not the exact dress, just one like hers? Hmm. Well I supposed if you just find a light gray dress with ruffles on the bottom it should work.
I saw one a while back on Amazon.com from American One. I don't know if it's still on there or not. It came in gray and pink. I'd check there. Sorry, for some reason AOL won't let me open up another window or I'd get a link. It's being silly.
Good luck!

Thanks for the info :D

naurarwen
06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Think whatever you may, but your comment isn't necessary here. That would be the same as going into a Deathnote thread and saying how you're sick of all the L cosplayers out there.

And oddly enough, some of the outfits from the Twilight saga are distinct, and are not easy to reproduce either (ie. the baseball uniforms).

Exactly, can I add to those people who think the Cullen's wear normal clothing and aren't recognisable and also to those who think their easy or cheap please don't. Im in the process of making Edward and Emmett Cullen baseball outfits.

Can I also add that so far I have spent nearly £250 trying to get these costumes as accurate as possible including all the make up which alone cost me £76 (bar the lipbalm as can't seem to get that). I even bought a semi plain navy velour tracksuit and had to turn it into my own version of Emmett's baseball outfit due to the fact I couldn't find the exact one in the UK so I have spent nearly 3 weeks on and off making it for my boyfriend.

I think so far I have spent more money and time on these two costumes then I did for my Draco Malfoy costume which is a far more obvious costume in my opinion. But to be honest I don't care I'm loving recreating them and especially can't wait for me and my boyfriend to wear them at LFACC

iycis
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
I had a few questions, though. How much are you paying to get the dress airbrushed? I never even thought of that idea, and it's really smart. I know that designsbyvelvet makes replicas of the sweater; are you using someone else?

Thanks! I'm also looking at wigs, but my head is 23" sooo it's a bit hard to find one (the average is 21, I believe). Does anyone know of any good Alice-y wigs that come in a size large? I love the Leslie one, but I don't think it'll fit. =/

Thanks again! :)

Welcome to the thread!

Well now that my work schedule got busier, I'm not going to have time to make the dress myself before Comic Con. Luckily the woman who is airbrushing the fabric, is also a seamstress. So she is going to make it custom for me as well. Airbrushing + making the dress is $250. While not the actual designer dress, its at least well under the $500 I've seen two go for on Ebay in the past month. I will post pics when its finished. If you're interested still then I'll PM you her information.

Designsbyvelvet did make my shrug too. She did a great job and it was done in 5 days! Not too bad. :)

The Leslie wig is the closest one I've seen to Alice's style. Even so, I still have to cut some more layers into and thin the bangs.

ravenmist
06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Ok so now I need to work on a Rosalie for my sister. HELP!
Need suggestions for a good wig. Also, we'll be doing her outfit from the kitchen scene. Same as where my Alice costume is from. I have this Twilight movie picture book and I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have any good shots of just Rosalie?
We're on the hunt for her Vincent Camuto shoes right now. My sis said she found a link where you can buy them so I'll leave that to her.
Thanks!!

Eurobeat King
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
are any Twilight fans going to Eye-Con at the end of September? I'm not since it's too far away, and it's also the same weekend as NYAF, which i'm also not going to. :blubber:

But it'd be nice to get Ashley Greene's autograph if i did go. :)

I hope they invite some of the Twilight stars to Dragoncon in early-September since i am going to that con.

ravenmist
06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
are any Twilight fans going to Eye-Con at the end of September? I'm not since it's too far away, and it's also the same weekend as NYAF, which i'm also not going to. :blubber:

But it'd be nice to get Ashley Greene's autograph if i did go. :)

I hope they invite some of the Twilight stars to Dragoncon in early-September since i am going to that con.

Al, sent you a PM. =)

iycis
06-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok so now I need to work on a Rosalie for my sister. HELP!
Need suggestions for a good wig. Also, we'll be doing her outfit from the kitchen scene. Same as where my Alice costume is from. I have this Twilight movie picture book and I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have any good shots of just Rosalie?
We're on the hunt for her Vincent Camuto shoes right now. My sis said she found a link where you can buy them so I'll leave that to her.
Thanks!!

I made the baseball scene Rosalie for my sister and we used this wig: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16415&cat=2449&page=1

In the book 'Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion' (page 82) there is a great full length photo of Rosalie in the kitchen scene along with all of the Cullens. I don't have a scanner, otherwise I'd put it up on here for you.

ravenmist
06-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I made the baseball scene Rosalie for my sister and we used this wig: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16415&cat=2449&page=1

In the book 'Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion' (page 82) there is a great full length photo of Rosalie in the kitchen scene along with all of the Cullens. I don't have a scanner, otherwise I'd put it up on here for you.

Thanks for the wig suggestion. Pretty.
Yes, I have the Movie Companion, but I can't find it. My house ate it I think. =( It's not with all my other Twilight books either, which is making me mad. =(

ravenmist
06-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Ah, the joy of cleaning. Found my Illustrated Movie Companion!! Now I can work on my sister's Rosalie.

iycis
06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm not the greatest with hair, which is why I originally bought a wig for my Alice costume. However, now that my hair is cut to about an inch under my chin, I think its short enough to style it like her's instead. My hair is thick and straight, it usually doesn't hold curls well but I'm hoping that flipping the ends will stay longer. So what is some advice on the best long lasting method? Do I put product into my hair when its damp? Anyone have some idea what would hold that doesn't look crispy like a gel does? Should I use a curling iron or a straightener to flip it? Really, I am an amateur when it comes to these things. And being that I'm going to Comic Con with a bunch of guys, I can't rely on another female to help me with this. Thanks!

MikuraHime
06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
My friends and I cosplay twilight characters to every Twilight event we go to. So far, I've been Jacob and Esme. We usually have enough people to cosplay all of the Cullen family, including Carlisle, Esme, and Bella. My friend, who always cosplays Rosalie, gets her daughter to go as Renesmee sometimes.

For the New Moon Midnight Showing, i'll probably go as Carlisle. But that's a long way off...

ravenmist
07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I took some photos of the actual costumes they had at the Twilight Tour I went to today. Not the best quality since there was a lot of sun peeking through the curtains they used, but I did the best I could. I don't know if I can put them in my c.com gallery. Should I? I mean, they're costume-related and I'm sure some of y'all might like to see them.
I put a few pictures of the day in my gallery. All the pictures I took of Kellan didn't turn out so well though. =(
Well if anyone wants to see them I'm gonna make an external link and post it shortly.

iycis
07-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I definately want to see pictures!!

Are they showing the costumes at some of the other Twilight conventions? I'm going to the Twilight Tour in New Jersey at the end of August. I would LOVE to see them there.

ravenmist
07-12-2009, 07:44 PM
iycis, I don't know if they're bringing the costumes everywhere. You can check on the creationent.com site and it should list it somewhere on there. Man, I wanted to snag those Vince Camuto shoes so badly! lol. They were right there! And if Robert Pattinson really wore that jacket...oh yay, cause I touched it!! Haha.

They're not the best quality cause of these weird curtains they had behind the costumes that was letting light in. It wasn't good. Hope these help!
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/elfravenmist/Twilight/

There's other Twilight stuff in there and I will add more costume stuff in there when I have a chance. I have so many costume photos I need to add.

Hope it helps!

Osuwari
07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I plan on cosplaying as Bella sometime :) Thanks for that site for the con in the end of Augest. I think I"m gonig to try to make it there. I should have Bella outfit done by then if I can go.

iycis
07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
iycis, I don't know if they're bringing the costumes everywhere. You can check on the creationent.com site and it should list it somewhere on there. Man, I wanted to snag those Vince Camuto shoes so badly! lol. They were right there! And if Robert Pattinson really wore that jacket...oh yay, cause I touched it!! Haha.

They're not the best quality cause of these weird curtains they had behind the costumes that was letting light in. It wasn't good. Hope these help!
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/elfravenmist/Twilight/

There's other Twilight stuff in there and I will add more costume stuff in there when I have a chance. I have so many costume photos I need to add.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for posting those. It is a shame about the bad lighting.

I've been checking the site pretty regularly for updates and haven't seen anything listed about a costume display. Too bad. I wonder which pieces are screen used and which ones are copies.

Did you enter the costume contest?

ravenmist
07-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting those. It is a shame about the bad lighting.

I've been checking the site pretty regularly for updates and haven't seen anything listed about a costume display. Too bad. I wonder which pieces are screen used and which ones are copies.

Did you enter the costume contest?

Which one are looking to go to?
Maybe they don't bring the costume pieces everywhere. They should.

No...I didn't enter the costume contest. Sadness. I was only there on Saturday, but the contest was Sunday. Odd. Most costume contests are on a Saturday. I wanted to enter so bad. That would have been a $250 gift check. Maybe next time. I'm going to work on my baseball Alice after Dragon*Con. And maybe get a more accurate Alice wig.
We'll see.

iycis
07-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm going to the one in New Jersey. I think my sister and I might try to enter the costume contest together if we can since its listed as being on Sunday as well. Too bad you weren't able to be there for the one in Atlanta. Did you see a lot of other people in costumes? I bet yours was the most accurate.

I have the cosworx Leslie wig and I'm going to cut a few more short layers into it before wearing it to Comic Con next week. I'm pretty happy with it so far though. Which wig do you have? It looks like it just needs some shorter layers as well.

ravenmist
07-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm going to the one in New Jersey. I think my sister and I might try to enter the costume contest together if we can since its listed as being on Sunday as well. Too bad you weren't able to be there for the one in Atlanta. Did you see a lot of other people in costumes? I bet yours was the most accurate.

If you enter good luck! Yeah it seems Atlanta was one of the first (and I think the only) that will have the costumes on display. I'm mad though. My battery died before I was able to get a picture of the green dress Bella wore for her birthday party in New Moon. Ugh. It was such a cute dress.

Ya know, I only saw about 10 other people dressed up (obviously movie version). That's about it. And everyone who was dressed up was very accurate! I wish I were able to get more pictures before my battery died. There was this girl dressed as Rosalie and she looked wonderful! They all looked great and I was impressed that there were others as picky as me about movie accurate costumes. lol.

Baseball Alice...oh yes. She will be next. Also, does anyone know what kind of Under Armor Alice wears?
iycis, I know you gave me a link before but it doesn't work anymore. I wish there were better pictures out there of her in that outfit. All the ones I have are fuzzy. =(

anime1addict
07-13-2009, 12:46 PM
if i were to cosplay anyone from this series it'd be Alice @____@ though i'd have to re-read the first book because all i remember is that she's small and has short hair

iycis
07-13-2009, 06:37 PM
If you enter good luck! Yeah it seems Atlanta was one of the first (and I think the only) that will have the costumes on display. I'm mad though. My battery died before I was able to get a picture of the green dress Bella wore for her birthday party in New Moon. Ugh. It was such a cute dress.

Ya know, I only saw about 10 other people dressed up (obviously movie version). That's about it. And everyone who was dressed up was very accurate! I wish I were able to get more pictures before my battery died. There was this girl dressed as Rosalie and she looked wonderful! They all looked great and I was impressed that there were others as picky as me about movie accurate costumes. lol.

Baseball Alice...oh yes. She will be next. Also, does anyone know what kind of Under Armor Alice wears?
iycis, I know you gave me a link before but it doesn't work anymore. I wish there were better pictures out there of her in that outfit. All the ones I have are fuzzy. =(

I will PM you some info again. :)

naurarwen
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I have now updated my cosplay profile with pictures of both the Edward and Emmett Cullen costumes my boyfriend and I wore to London Film and Comic Con at the weekend. Feel free to check them out and make any constructive critisism please no one comment if you're just going to saw how much you hate Twilight.

ravenmist
07-22-2009, 09:12 PM
I have now updated my cosplay profile with pictures of both the Edward and Emmett Cullen costumes my boyfriend and I wore to London Film and Comic Con at the weekend. Feel free to check them out and make any constructive critisism please no one comment if you're just going to say how much you hate Twilight.

That Emmett jacket is amazing! You look great. I love your hair.
I'm so in love with the baseball scene outfits.
You two look really good. Your expressions definitely act the part. I love the pic where you're using your Emmett as a table. lol.

naurarwen
07-23-2009, 07:13 AM
That Emmett jacket is amazing! You look great. I love your hair.
I'm so in love with the baseball scene outfits.
You two look really good. Your expressions definitely act the part. I love the pic where you're using your Emmett as a table. lol.

Thanks we actually had to repose for the table picture as it was completely accidental. The one picture I wont post is the one my friend got of me and my boyfriend having a kiss. What slash fics would have come from that. The jacket started as a plain navy jacket with only elastic in the sleeves and waistband. Hope to get my hair perfected at some point as i haven't quite got the puffyness right.

iycis
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I finished my second Alice costume (kitchen scene) in time for Comic Con! Here are two pictures I got with basically the only other Twilight costumers I saw there. The first pic is me with just Jasper and then with another Alice and James as well. My dress is not the designer version, it is all hand painted. I think it turned out a bit long though. I also need to flip out my wig more. Its a bit too tame looking. Sorry the lighting is crazy. It was VERY bright out. I waited it out in line starting at 6am with some friends to get into the New Moon panel. It was great seeing the actors in person! I had a lot of response to my costume from other fans, who came out by the thousands that day, while waiting in line and walking around the con afterwards.

Ravenmist, I'm going to make it to Dragon Con after all this year so I'll be looking for you in your Alice costume as well. :)

naurarwen
07-30-2009, 05:15 AM
I finished my second Alice costume (kitchen scene) in time for Comic Con! Here are two pictures I got with basically the only other Twilight costumers I saw there. The first pic is me with just Jasper and then with another Alice and James as well. My dress is not the designer version, it is all hand painted. I think it turned out a bit long though. I also need to flip out my wig more. Its a bit too tame looking. Sorry the lighting is crazy. It was VERY bright out. I waited it out in line starting at 6am with some friends to get into the New Moon panel. It was great seeing the actors in person! I had a lot of response to my costume from other fans, who came out by the thousands that day, while waiting in line and walking around the con afterwards.

Ravenmist, I'm going to make it to Dragon Con after all this year so I'll be looking for you in your Alice costume as well. :)

Really loving your kitchen scene Alice, your Jasper is awesome too. One of the best I have seen. Jasper and Bella are the only ones we are lacking from our group at the moment as one of our Alice's (as we have too) has opted to go as Rosalie to the next con.

CeceChan
07-30-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm planning to do a either a birthday bella (http://twilighters.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/twilight-bella-dress_l.jpg ) or a party alice (no pic T.T because the only refrence is the trailer) cosplay. Because my mom said she would pay the fabric if i make my own new year dress xD I didnt tell her it was for cosplay tough ^^'
And I reaaaaly want to do a Alice cosplay when she was alive ( you know, lockt up alice, complete with straitjacket xD ) and when i do that, i'm gonna stuck a really good friend of mine in a weddingdress (she looks like rosalie ) ^^

iycis
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
He's not my Jasper, though I wish he was. I wanted to steal him away from that other Alice. Hehehe.

ravenmist
07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
iycis: Holy cow. That was the hand-painted dress you got?! It looks so good! It does seem a little long, bu it looks really good!
Yay I'm glad you'll be at Dragon*Con! Let me know when you wear yours and I'll wear mine. Mine will probably be on Saturday morning or late Sunday cause of my costume schedule. lol. Gotta plan! =)

Lucifer
07-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Wow, you all look amazing! Its wild that you hand painted the dress, very well done!

Hope to see you (and any other Twilight cosplayers on this thread) around Dragon*con too :)

Sadly we had a full Cullen family group ourselves (for Dragon*con), but most fell through. Now its only Edward and Bella >.>; Go fig.

mousegirl
07-30-2009, 03:48 PM
I will be doing another Alice cosplay where me and my friends are doing the
ummmm
new vampire versions?
lol
freshly transformed?
whatever it is called we are doing jasper, rosalie, and alice all at the moment they were turned into vampires

iycis
07-30-2009, 07:49 PM
iycis: Holy cow. That was the hand-painted dress you got?! It looks so good! It does seem a little long, bu it looks really good!
Yay I'm glad you'll be at Dragon*Con! Let me know when you wear yours and I'll wear mine. Mine will probably be on Saturday morning or late Sunday cause of my costume schedule. lol. Gotta plan! =)

Are you going to be able to finish your baseball costume in time? PM me your e-mail or something so we can try to make plans to meet up. I'm going to weep when I see how nice your designer dress is. lol.

iycis
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow, you all look amazing! Its wild that you hand painted the dress, very well done!

Hope to see you (and any other Twilight cosplayers on this thread) around Dragon*con too :)

Sadly we had a full Cullen family group ourselves (for Dragon*con), but most fell through. Now its only Edward and Bella >.>; Go fig.

I didn't end up painting the dress. I had someone else to do because I didn't have time with my work schedule during the Spring. Thanks though!

Do you have any pics of your Twilight costume that you'll be wearing to Dragon Con?

trill0x3
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I did a Rosalie Hale cosplay, too! I was planning it for a long time, since before the movie came out. I did a -kind of- OC version of her. My hair was long, and very curly with long bangs. I just thought her hair looked too short and not long and curly enough. I used lots of make up to make myself look pale and sparkly and godess looking. Bright red lipstick and brown eye make up. I even went so far as to buy golden contacts. Alot of people recognized me, shockingly.

Im also a huge fan of Twilight and all it's books! :) U can check out my cosplay on my page!

fluffygirl56
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
o.o A twilight cosplay would be pretty interesting and in my opinion very difficult. Since the vampires are 'perfect' technically youd have to be pretty good to get it down.

Except Bella of course cuz shes a human XD

Lucifer
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Do you have any pics of your Twilight costume that you'll be wearing to Dragon Con?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/1ucifer/Cosplay/sparkle.jpg

Here's a picture of my baseball uniform. It was rough modifying since I had to make it in proportion to the film one (and apparently Rob Patterson has one loooooong torso too -_-;).

iycis
08-07-2009, 08:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/1ucifer/Cosplay/sparkle.jpg

Here's a picture of my baseball uniform. It was rough modifying since I had to make it in proportion to the film one (and apparently Rob Patterson has one loooooong torso too -_-;).

Well done! That looks great. :)

iycis
08-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I heard there's supposed to be a large Twilight costumer gathering on Thursday night at D*C. Anyone know anything about this?

GlassCannon
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I heard there's supposed to be a large Twilight costumer gathering on Thursday night at D*C. Anyone know anything about this?

Ah, I came in here to ask if there had been anything set up for a Twilight costumer gathering at D*C. I hope it isn't Thursday though -- me and my Victoria costume won't be arriving until early Friday morning. :sulk:

I've been thinking about posting something to the LJ Dragon*Con community about organizing a photo meetup for Twilight cosplayers. But this is my first D*C and my first time cosplaying at a convention, so I really don't know the first thing about organizing a meetup. Though if some of you more experienced cosplayers can jump in and suggest times and places, I'm quite happy to take the lead in posting it to the community, etc.

Even if there is a meetup planned for Thursday, I'd love to see something a bit more primetime as well, since a lot of people don't get there that early. Maybe something on Saturday evening or Sunday? The Yule Ball is on Sunday I think (I'll be wearing Victoria prom variation), so if people are planning on wearing their Twilight costumes to that anyway, maybe we could meet beforehand?

GlassCannon
08-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Just popping back in to let you all know that there's going to be a Twilight costumer gathering at Dragon*Con at 8:30pm Friday (Sept 4) in the 12th floor lounge at the Hilton. Everyone is welcome, book or movie, costumed or not. Feel free to repost this wherever to let people know about it. Hope to see some of you there!

iycis
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't think I'll be wearing anything Twilight related on Friday night but I may come stop by anyway just to see everyone else. I think I'm going to aim for wearing my two costumes on Thursday evening and Saturday during the day.

ravenmist
08-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Same here. I have a Repo photoshoot at 9pm friday night. It'll take me too long to get into Shilo so I won't be able to wear Alice and run up to my room and change in time. Sadness. But I was told to stop by and say HI to everyone. The Repo shoot is on the 10th floor so I can go upstairs and get some pictures. =) I'll probably wear Alice on Saturday during the day or Sunday later afternoon for a few hours.

GlassCannon
08-18-2009, 01:46 AM
You both should definitely drop by, say hi, and take a few pictures. ;)

Ravenmist, would it help if we moved it slightly earlier in the evening on Friday? I was trying to plan around the "Religion in YALit" panel that runs from 7:00 to 8:00 since there are Twilight related topics covered there, but I'm not at all opposed to having the gathering at the same time as that panel, personally. Or is Friday night pretty much out, given your Repo costume?

My plan currently is main Victoria on Friday, Tinkerbell on Saturday, and then prom Victoria on Sunday for the Yule Ball. But this is my first DC and my first time wearing any of these costumes, so that may well get moved around a bit, we'll see.

iycis
08-18-2009, 07:38 PM
How many of the characters have to managed to get for your Twilight gathering on Friday night? I looked at the pic of your Victoria costume on your LJ link. Looks great...needs more dirt! :)

GlassCannon
08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Honestly I have no idea how many people will show up, or how many of each character. I've heard of a couple of different baseball groups and several different Alices, but I'm not sure who exactly will end up coming, and who will be there that hasn't said anything on the boards.

I'm hoping we get lots of people and lots of variation, lots of different takes on the same character or outfit. It would be fun to have all the Alices take a picture together, for instance. ;) But really I'm just looking forward to meeting people face to face and seeing all the costumes!

iycis
08-23-2009, 06:50 PM
How's everyone's Dragon Con progress coming along? I made a big committment and cut my hair to the right length and with enough layers to do my own hair in Alice's style. I really didn't like wearing a wig at Comic Con.

Lucifer
08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm done with Edward, helped Jasper find all the necessary costume pieces, and am finishing up on Alice's baseball uniform. I got confirmation from Bella that her mittens and scarf are made, hat painted, and she found her jacket. We should all be prepped and ready for Dragon*con. :D

iycis
08-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I can't even imagine wearing mittens and scarves in Atlanta in summer. lol.

Adult Swim has been doing their normal text ads in between shows announcing their presence at Dragon Con and the end of one of them said, "hurry up and finish your sparkly vampire costumes.". I died laughing.

GlassCannon
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Omg that is too awesome. If only they knew. ;D

I'm basically done with my Twilight costumes (woot!). My contacts arrived last week and I've been wearing them a couple of hours here and there to get used to them. I'm henna-ing my hair tomorrow (it's stewing already) and I may look into buying a hair extension just to get more length and fullness, but otherwise I am done done done.

My Tink costume on the other hand still needs some attention, heh.

GlassCannon
08-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Oh quick update for those of you going to DragonCon: The Twilight meetup has been moved to 6:00pm on Friday, on the Marriott Atrium level (third floor) near the escalators. This is open to everyone, and feel free to re-post the info around. Hope to see some of you there!

iycis
08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Omg that is too awesome. If only they knew. ;D

I'm basically done with my Twilight costumes (woot!). My contacts arrived last week and I've been wearing them a couple of hours here and there to get used to them. I'm henna-ing my hair tomorrow (it's stewing already) and I may look into buying a hair extension just to get more length and fullness, but otherwise I am done done done.

My Tink costume on the other hand still needs some attention, heh.

I'll be quite interested in hearing about how the henna works out. I've always wondered about that.

kawaii sasori
08-25-2009, 06:55 AM
o.o A twilight cosplay would be pretty interesting and in my opinion very difficult. Since the vampires are 'perfect' technically youd have to be pretty good to get it down.

Except Bella of course cuz shes a human XD
haha agreed! But then of course, it would be hard to cosplay bella, because she doesn't have any particular outfits....Or does she?

GlassCannon
08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
haha agreed! But then of course, it would be hard to cosplay bella, because she doesn't have any particular outfits....Or does she?

I guess it depends if you mean book or movie. In the movie, she definitely has specific outfits that can be re-created (prom dress, baseball outfit, etc), though to the untrained/non-fan eye, it would probably look mostly like normal clothes. There are a couple of outfits that are described in detail in the books, but without even the visual reference of the movies, I think those are likely to look even more like normal clothes.

But at some point, I don't think that really matters. It's still the fun of cosplay, and hardcore fans will recognize it. IMO, some cosplay you do because you see the outfit and drool and just have to make and wear it, and some cosplay you do because you love the character and the fandom, even if the costume isn't likely to bring ooohs and aahhhs. Twilight may be the latter, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fun. ;)

Alissie
08-26-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm going to Twitour (or whatever it's officially called now...) this weekend. My sister and I will be in seats B6 and B7, so if any of you are there, please, come say hi! I'd love to see some of these costumes up close.

Just got my contacts this morning. Freshlook Honey. They're more orange than I had hoped, but they still rock. I have my lunch outfit all done and a pretty decent Oleada mock-up. The dress turned out pretty well, I think, though I kinda had to make do with something I had for the cardigan. Don't love my wig. Looking forward to NM cosplaying Alice so I can get a better one for the new look. xD

Speaking of the new look, what do all of you think about that blue outfit? I'm so excited already! And the Italy one's sure to be a hit!

iycis
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm going this weekend too. I'm taking my friend who does Victoria and I'll be in my Alice kitchen scene dress for Friday. On Sunday my sister is doing baseball Rosalie and I'll be in baseball Alice. I'm so bummed that all the Cullens canceled last minute because of filming for Eclipse. :\

Alissie
08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Right? It totally sucks. I was really bummed when I saw, but I knew all along that it'd be a possibility. I just wanna know how Justin's going to be there when he's supposed to be filming with Mike and Christian...?

Ooh, I can't wait to see the costumes! I may do a baseball one eventually, but I want to do what I can for New Moon Alice first. That and Twilight Victoria. Eep! =D

Can't wait for the trivia competition.... =D

iycis
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Went to the first day of Twi Con in NJ today. We got interviewed by MTV News and they haven't put up the video up yet but there is an article (with the worst possible picture of me EVER) and I'm quoted one line at the bottom. They asked me a ton of questions. So I'm hoping there will be a cool clip to watch later.

As far as I saw we were the only ones in costume today. :\

iycis
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
I got some new pics of my faux Oleada dress up in my Alice gallery finally. :)

4 days til Dragon Con!

ravenmist
08-30-2009, 10:38 PM
I got some new pics of my faux Oleada dress up in my Alice gallery finally. :)

4 days til Dragon Con!

Pretty pictures! I can't believe that person painted those designs on there. It looks sooooo accurate!
Say, will you be at the Twilight photoshoot at D*Con on Friday?? It's at 6pm the Marriott Atrium (3rd floor, I believe). I'll be there! yay! =) I'll give you a call this weekend.

iycis
08-31-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks!

I haven't sorted out Friday yet but I'm sure I'll talk to you before then so we can meet up. :)

Alissie
08-31-2009, 05:41 PM
EPICAL! =D

Funny thing: In the background of the second picture is my friend Sara! We were sitting right there with her. I changed up my costumes a bit on a whim. I'm the one who was there as Breaking Dawn Bella on Friday (with teased hair littered with feathers, bruises, and a white nightgown). Won trivia that day (round three) and was tweeted by Pel.

Saturday was my Oleada mockup. Will find pics later. Won stump the experts and that night danced with Alex Meraz. Yes, that was me. Brought my interview total up to 4 with MTV. (If you weren't there, the article is here:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1620373/story.jhtml

I'm the one who was "gushing", as they put it. In the video I'm in the red dress (not with the wolf) who is spinning. =)

Sunday was Lunchroom Alice. That was fun, though I didn't place for the costume contest. My sister won second place in the adult division as Esme.

iycis
09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Soooo jealous that you danced with Alex. He is the hottest of all the wolfpack guys. I didn't go on Saturday so I wasn't at the ball.

Congrats to your sister too. I liked her Esme costume. My sister and I won 3rd in the adult category. We were the Team Cullen Alice and Rosalie in baseball gear.

As a whole I thought the con was not so great. I was bored for most of it and the questions being asked by the audience were embarassing most of the time.

GlassCannon
09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Packing up my Twilight cosplays for DragonCon right now. Can't wait for Friday, hope to see some of you guys there!

iycis
09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I had a really nice time meeting and doing photos with the Twilight ladies that came to Dragon Con. Hopefully we can do it again next year. Can't wait to see what new costumes we can do from New Moon and Eclipse. This time I'll somehow convince my boyfriend to do Jasper. Its going to take a lot of bribes and guilt tripping though.

I'll post a few pics once I resize them.

GlassCannon
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey guys! I just posted some of the better pictures my husband took of our meetup at DragonCon, here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42208381@N08/sets/72157622323577976/). I had tons of fun, and would love to do it again next year!

sessohmaru
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
You should post some photos cause I'd love to see it. thank you ill post a picture of me dressed up as bella once i have a picture okay:)

JiseiHakushaku
09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Ahh... THIS SERIOUSLY MAKES ME WANNA MAKE ALICE'S MOVIE DRESS.

...I might make it as an extra for Halloween. I think it'd be awesome to do, especially since I'm as pale as a vampire, so my friends say... Hmm... *goes into thought*

I love Twilight cosplay. Glad to see some out there!

Drackt
09-25-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm HALFWAY to completing EGA Edward. I still have to work on the wig somewhat (Just brushing the bangs to the other side) and to make the jacket...but the blouse is done. What do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3532.jpg

ravenmist
09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Need some help!
So I've been invited by a friend to Twi-Tour in Nashville end of January to help with panels (OMG FUN!). Costuming ones, I believe. Anyway, I want to make a couple of Alice's New Moon costumes, but I can't find any good reference images. I'm sure once the movie comes out I'll be fine, but I want to get a head start with fabrics and setting up patterns.
I keep finding some shots, but I can never tell what kind of pants or leggings she's wearing or what type of shoes. Oy. Maybe I'll just do all the tops and then wait til December to finish. lol.

So does anyone have any good Alice pictures from New Moon? Or can direct me to a website with tons of Alice pictures? So far I've gathered 5 and that's it. lol.
Thanks!!

OH! BTW, all my pictures from the Twilight shoot at Dragon*Con are in my gallery. So much fun! I need to find a new Alice wig.

JiseiHakushaku
10-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Bah. You guys win. I'm making my Alice cosplay for the New Moon premier! x___x It's her first movie dress (you know, the one seen in all the posters?). If that falls through I'll make her baseball outfit. I may bring whatever I make to Anime Crossroads as well.

Slightly off topic; New Moon premier at Newport Levee, anyone? It's a bit of a drive for me but I adore that theater. O3O

iycis
10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Need some help!
So I've been invited by a friend to Twi-Tour in Nashville end of January to help with panels (OMG FUN!). Costuming ones, I believe. Anyway, I want to make a couple of Alice's New Moon costumes, but I can't find any good reference images. I'm sure once the movie comes out I'll be fine, but I want to get a head start with fabrics and setting up patterns.
I keep finding some shots, but I can never tell what kind of pants or leggings she's wearing or what type of shoes. Oy. Maybe I'll just do all the tops and then wait til December to finish. lol.

So does anyone have any good Alice pictures from New Moon? Or can direct me to a website with tons of Alice pictures? So far I've gathered 5 and that's it. lol.
Thanks!!

OH! BTW, all my pictures from the Twilight shoot at Dragon*Con are in my gallery. So much fun! I need to find a new Alice wig.

The best HD pics I've seen yet are the yahoo ones. But even they don't have a lot of full length shots...if any.

tamahomegurl
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Dang...this is just wayyyyyy too awesome! =) Unfortunately, I don't have any Twilight cosplays. However, I have this overpowering and blood-thirsty urge to make Victoria's default outfit but then again, I'm a bit hesitant on even starting. I think an Asian Victoria would just confuse the crap out of people...wtf?!! X__o;;

Lucifer
10-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Dang...this is just wayyyyyy too awesome! =) Unfortunately, I don't have any Twilight cosplays. However, I have this overpowering and blood-thirsty urge to make Victoria's default outfit but then again, I'm a bit hesitant on even starting. I think an Asian Victoria would just confuse the crap out of people...wtf?!! X__o;;

Bah, do it anyway! Victoria is an awesome character and had a great design! DO IT!

On a side note, there are some photos from the Dragon*con Twilight gathering here: http://www.wasabiphotoshoots.com/ (just go to the Dragon*con 2009 section). Lots of awesome Twilight cosplay!

CelestialAurora
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know the designer for Alice's purple party dress in New Moon? I'm trying to find good references for the details at the bust but all of the pictures fail. lol The only semi-decent picture of the front that I've found is in the New Moon Movie Companion.

tamahomegurl
10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Bah, do it anyway! Victoria is an awesome character and had a great design! DO IT!!

Arigato Lucifer for the encouragement! =D I like her alot so i'll just probably end up making her outfit. I just don't know if i'll wear it! X__o;; And yes, Victoria is quite a character - super awesome and memorable. I felt sad that she didn't play a huge role in the Eclipse book. let there be more Victoria in the movie!!!

Inkreader13
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone had come across some good pictures of Jane's outfit from the New Moon movie?

iycis
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
So far, the best pictures out yet, in my opinion, are here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-stills/gallery/1694/the-twilight-saga-new-moon-stills#photo0

and in the New Moon movie companion book that was just released a couple of weeks ago.

Ravenmist, the movie companion book has some Alice shoe pics.

tamahomegurl
10-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Man....Bella/Kristen looks really, really good in New Moon. =D

Now if real life could imitate art.....@__@

And dang, Alice is cute as always!!!

Volnixshin
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm not bashing in anyway here. I read the books, I really liked them, can't say the same for the whole of the seven minutes of film I watched. I'm not a super-fan, but.. How would one cosplay Twilight? I mean I know the Cullens wear fancy clothes and stuff, but they are designer clothes, how would someone know you're cosplaying a Twilight character, unless I mean, you're doing the Volturi?

Lucifer
10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm not bashing in anyway here. I read the books, I really liked them, can't say the same for the whole of the seven minutes of film I watched. I'm not a super-fan, but.. How would one cosplay Twilight? I mean I know the Cullens wear fancy clothes and stuff, but they are designer clothes, how would someone know you're cosplaying a Twilight character, unless I mean, you're doing the Volturi?

Seriously, this 'arguement' has been stated in many Twilight cosplay threads, always with the comment of 'how can you cosplay from Twilight.'

The simple answer: You can cosplay from Twilight just like you can cosplay from any other series on the face of the planet. People cosplay from a series because they love it, not necessarily for attention from Joe-smoe at a convention.

And this thread does show that there is a good portion of people who LOVE to cosplay from Twilight. Its not very proper form to question their reasons for doing so.

Volnixshin
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm not asking why they want to cosplay the characters. I was only asking how it would be distingiushble. I understand why they would want to.

Lucifer
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I was only asking how it would be distingiushble.

Simple. Recreating specific outfits worn in the film (Bella's blue dress & cast, the baseball uniforms, the nomad's outfits, Volturi robes, etc). All the characters had distinct trademarks as well (Edward's bronze spiked hair, Alice's pixie cut, eye colors, pale skin, etc).

No, none of it is a stand out-ish as some anime/video game cosplays, but not all cosplay is obvious to the eye (I can name plenty of anime cosplays that only a fan would recognise, otherwise they'd appear 'normal clothes').

I am curious why cosplay has to be distinguishable at all? If its meant to be done because of a love of the series...does it really matter how distinguishable it is from normal clothes?

Volnixshin
10-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Well no, I agree with you that it doesn't have to be apparent. But you bring up a valid point I didn't see. I haven't really watched the films, I guess I like the book version better and seeing it in a different light is not so much what I personally like, so I haven't seen the outfits they wear in the movies. Thank you for pointing that out to me.
I guess I was really only confused about something small, thank you for clearing it up for me!

Drackt
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I got my entire 'Gothic Daydream' Edward costume done. :)

Dream Date (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3535.jpg)
Side by side (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3536.jpg)
Obligatory blood dripping out of the mouth shot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3537.jpg)

ravenmist
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Twilight fans will recognize Twilight costumes. Simple as that. Heck, at Dragon*con when I wore Alice I had a bunch of people come up to me who said they never read the books or saw the movie, but they remember my character's outfit from the poster and liked it.
If you're going by the movies it's more easy to notice you are cosplaying from Twilight versus picking a character design from the book and going from there. However, each character is specifically described in the book. Anyone who has read the books can probably figure out who someone is cosplaying.
The movies have certain outfits one can replicate, much like an anime character or video game character. So, it's very easy (although can be difficult to obtain exact items) to cosplay from Twilight!! I've seen some people walking around in just plain looking clothes at cons, but from the reaction they were getting it was obvious they were from some book or anime or something. The fans will know.
Hope that answers your question.

iycis
10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Anyone having any luck tracking down Alice's NM shirt yet?

ravenmist
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Anyone having any luck tracking down Alice's NM shirt yet?

NO. *pout* I keep finding stuff kinda similar, but no where close. Well, not close to the point where I'd want it. It stinks.

iycis
10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I wish we at least knew who the designer was. B/c soon it'll be so long past the season that it'll be really hard to find available for purchase when we do figure it out.

ravenmist
10-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I wish we at least knew who the designer was. B/c soon it'll be so long past the season that it'll be really hard to find available for purchase when we do figure it out.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping something comes up soon. I'm having problems finding anything right now. I've got to have my NM Alice done by end of January. I have some time still, so we'll see.

iycis
10-24-2009, 06:53 AM
If that guy who owns all the movie replica costumes has a display at the con in Jan, tell him you want a list of all the brands and designers for her clothing. lol. I'm serious. :P

Kazephyr
10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I bought the "Making of" book for New Moon... saw Aro's outfits... and fell in love. *_* I called off my "book" version of Aro for lack of both reference and inspiration, but my hope is now renewed. =D

By the way, I finished my "Breaking Dawn" Bella and "Eclipse" Alice. :) I'll be posting them when I get around to my multi-costume-photoshoot-o-rama. XD I have eight costumes waiting for shoots. :P

ravenmist
10-24-2009, 02:05 PM
If that guy who owns all the movie replica costumes has a display at the con in Jan, tell him you want a list of all the brands and designers for her clothing. lol. I'm serious. :P

I seriously hope he'll be there, but I don't remember seeing it on the website. And YES I will get all the info I possibly can.

Eurobeat King
10-24-2009, 03:50 PM
do any of you ladies know the dates for these Twilight cons in 2010? any website for the list? :)

And, those of you who went to Dragoncon, EyeCon, or other cons, did you see/meet any of the Twilight-cast while you were in-costume?

Kazephyr
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
do any of you ladies know the dates for these Twilight cons in 2010? any website for the list? :)

And, those of you who went to Dragoncon, EyeCon, or other cons, did you see/meet any of the Twilight-cast while you were in-costume?

I wasn't even aware there were going to BE Twilight cons. o_0;; I searched and found this (http://www.creationent.com/twilight/index.htm), though. :) Aaw... none in Michigan. :(

iycis
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Creation Entertainment is the company that produces the Twi Cons. I hope they improve them this coming year. I was bored at the one in New Jersey. :\

I much prefered seeing Peter at Dragon Con. Not many younger kids there and less annoying questions being asked at the panel. I would like to see more of the actors attend D Con next year and hopefully they won't have scheduling conflicts this like year.

Eurobeat King
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I searched and found this (http://www.creationent.com/twilight/index.htm)

Oh, that is cool. :) And that's great that there's one in San Francisco, CA on February 12-14, but i'll be at Katsucon that weekend. :blubber:

But i might try for the one in Sacramento, CA in September..

Drackt
10-24-2009, 09:44 PM
I believe the next one in Chicago is June.

ravenmist
10-24-2009, 09:48 PM

I met Peter Facinelli, but I wasn't in my Alice costume. However, he was very intrigued by my axe and sword prop (River from Serenity) and, for a moment there, I was afraid I wasn't going to get them back. Seriously. I think he wanted to keep them. lol.
Nicest guy ever.

And check here http://www.creationent.com/ for Twilight con dates!!

Lucifer
10-26-2009, 12:52 PM

When I worked in the dealer room at Acciocon (a local Harry Potter/Twilight convention) and I was dressed as Victoria.

Kellan Lutz (Emmett Cullen) was a guest, and when he was walking around the dealer room (before it opened), he did a a :O!!!! -point!- at me. It was pretty darn funny.

ravenmist
10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey, if anyone on here is planning on going to the Nashville Twi-Tour, or whatever they call it now, let me know!! I'll be wearing a couple different Alice outfits all weekend. It's not until end of January, but I'm getting everything ready now.

ravenmist
11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
So, who's dressing up for the New Moon premiere??!! I wish I could, but I'm not going to the midnight release. However, I'm going Friday and might just wear my Alice choker. Not much since I don't feel like wearing my DVF dress to sit in the movie theater seats. I'm very picky about where that dress goes.

Drackt
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm planning to do a Normal Edward, based on this scene-
http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/albums/twilight/film/caps/clips/theories/normal_vlcsnap-100037.jpg

Marianne Solav
11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm going to the Thursday 10PM show, but since I don't have a Twilight costume (yet), I'll just be wearing Rosalie's pendant necklace with my hair styled like Bella with hairband. Very discreet! ;)

iycis
11-18-2009, 12:38 PM
My sister and I are going as Alice and Rosalie as usual with our friend as Victoria. 12:01am showing. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
hi everyone. So glad i found this thread and equally glad for the link to the official Twilight Conventions! I'll be going to the one in Charlotte April 30-May 2. I will probably dress as both Rosalie and Alice.

I wish i could cosplay to the New Moon movie, but, as i'm not going at midnight and people around here never dress up to movies, i just think it wont be fun. Doesnt stop me from making a costume though for the Twilight Convention! so excited.

isthatalice?
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I didnt actually ever dress up for alice but I diddd however have my heair cut like hers

tamahomegurl
11-22-2009, 12:55 AM
WWWWWHHHOOOOAAAA! i DIDNT know that the twilight con is coming to los angeles?! Thanks in advance for that awesome site link!

Btw, anyone cosplaying from new moon? Everyone's got a nice subtle upgrade.

i love victoria's new hair color. that fiery red was HOTTTTTTT! Im glad they changed it from the first movie to be more parallel to the books.

and alice's wardrobe was super glam! man, i miss her cute hair though. ;(

i would love to see cosplays of the volturi..esp. little innocent jane. ;)

Drackt
11-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Quick shots of Edward...sadly, no one really recognized it...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3574.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3575.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3577.jpg

Yeah, that is a Bella doll in the last one. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Btw, anyone cosplaying from new moon? Everyone's got a nice subtle upgrade.

i love victoria's new hair color. that fiery red was HOTTTTTTT! Im glad they changed it from the first movie to be more parallel to the books.

and alice's wardrobe was super glam! man, i miss her cute hair though. ;(

i would love to see cosplays of the volturi..esp. little innocent jane. ;)

I'm certainly cosplaying Jane. I knew once Dakota stepped on screen that I'd be doing a Jane costume lol. And I always was gonna do an 'original' Rosalie outfit in a black dress, but it won't be so original anymore since that's all she wore in New Moon lol. I loved Alice's outfits except the one she wore in Volterra...I just felt that blue shirt thing was way to big and frumpy looking. The scarf she wore was awesome though. Her white outfit when she returns to check on Bella is one I might recreate in my everyday wear

Kazephyr
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
My current Twilight cosplays are finished (photos coming... honestly! XD), so I at last have an excuse to start plotting my Victoria. 8D I'm also loving her new hair color in New Moon, and definitely going with it for my costume. ^^ Anyone know what I should use for her fur capelet thing? I'm open to real fur, provided it's not from a fur farm, or something. o_0;;

ravenmist
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
To anyone working on Alice costumes: I'm trying to replicate this one http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/elfravenmist/2010%20Costumes/315593503_o.jpg

If I could just outright buy this jacket I would, but it doesn't seem to be available in the long version, only cropped, online right now.
Has anyone had any luck finding fabric close to this design? I've been checking knits online for the last two weeks and can't find anything close, except ones that have really funky colors.
Anyone having better luck than me?

(ps: Is anyone going to the Twi-Con in Nashville end of January?!?! If so let me know!! I'll be there!)

Lucifer
11-23-2009, 10:02 AM
After seeing the film, my friends and I are all discussing possibly doing a full Volturi group. I am personally looking at Demetri, just because his look reminded me way too much of Eddie Izzard >.>;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Lucifer - full Volturi group sounds amazing! I'd love to atleast have an Alec with my Jane, but, alas, no other Twilight fans besides my sister (who isn't a cosplayer, but I've convinced to do Alice with my Rosalie)

But, yay! Can't wait to see pics of your group if you do it

naurarwen
11-24-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm hoping to do Alec in Feb at a Twilight convention in the UK but not entirely sure yet whether I will be doing it or not yet as their aren't many reference pictures for his jacket yet. Cosplayying on ebay have made a pretty good replica for it but I really wanted to try and make it myself. Also got Edward's birthday outfit, and the Volterra robe and pre exposure costumes planned for the convention as well.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Naurarwen - did you check the Twilight wiki for Alec refs? I didn't check myself, but its where I found some decent Jane pics.

Braithcakes
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I like volturi :D

tamahomegurl
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
After seeing the film, my friends and I are all discussing possibly doing a full Volturi group.

That is waaaaayyyyyy awesome Lucifer! :) I have to say that the Volturi made quite a splashy impact on everyone who watched the movie. My co-workers who have never read the books thought that the Volturi (sadly, not Edward or Jacob) were the ones who made the movie memorable. T__T

I anxiously await your final product Lucifer. And judging by the beautiful cosplays you make, you'll be one MEAN-ASS VOLTURI!!! :)

naurarwen
11-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Naurarwen - did you check the Twilight wiki for Alec refs? I didn't check myself, but its where I found some decent Jane pics.

No I haven't yet but now you've mentioned it I will. Thank you!

DazzleCos
11-28-2009, 12:17 PM
ref:

Aura_chan

Dazzle chan
11-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I've cosplay-ed as Rosalie to both movie's midnight releases.

And will hopefully be doing a photo shoot with my friend as Alice, soon.

<3
Dazzle Costumes

Shana05
12-13-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm putting together a Victoria for the Chicago convention in June. I picked her because I'm a redhead and I know how to get my hair like Rachelle's.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a product to get my skin to sparkle?

Drackt
12-13-2009, 05:50 AM
I'm putting together a Victoria for the Chicago convention in June. I picked her because I'm a redhead and I know how to get my hair like Rachelle's.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a product to get my skin to sparkle?

I used body glitter, the kind that dusts on.

ToroSonyCat
12-13-2009, 05:56 AM
good luck to everyone!
Ive allways wanted to cosplay a twilight character, but i never really thought i could pull any of them off, i still dont. I allready have rosalie's necklace but i really dont think i could pull her off.
maybe in the future ill be able to decide on a character to cosplay.

but hey, maybe thats a good thing. because it means i dont have even more cosplays that i want to do then i allready have.

Misake-chan
12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
so far ive done Leah Clearwater http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2375565/

and Jacob Black http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2304924/

kolor.me.L
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I think I could pull of Alice pretty dang well...All I'd need is makeup, sparkles, and her clothing. No wig or anything! Haha. But I don't have her nose, or shortness. I'm 5 feet 9 inches :(

Kitylin
12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I think I could pull of Alice pretty dang well...All I'd need is makeup, sparkles, and her clothing. No wig or anything! Haha. But I don't have her nose, or shortness. I'm 5 feet 9 inches :(

Hey, that's okay! I'm 5'6" and I want to cosplay Alice. Isn't she like under five feet tall in the books? xD (Besides, in the movie, she's taller. So, there you go~)

Anyway, sorry for the mini-tiny-thread revival, but me and my two friends who know nothing about cosplay (or the fact that I kind of hibernate on this website, haha) said that they wanted to dress up like Twilight characters. I was like, "omgyeeesplz :D" So, yeah. That's what we're doing, haha. :heart:

ravenmist
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't remember who all on here wanted to know, but there is a DvF dress on Ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/Diane-von-Furstenberg-WORN-BY-ALICE-CULLEN-TWILIGHT-4_W0QQitemZ350294216183QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_W C_Dresses?hash=item518f298df7

It's very pricey, but if you are able to get it you better while you can.
I get a lot of people asking me to help keep an eye out for them, so here it is. Good luck!

Eurobeat King
01-04-2010, 01:57 AM
The Hillywood Twins posted their New Moon parody, and here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti13oOYvyp8&feature=sub

very nicely done! :)

Shana05
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
My Victoria is coming along well. Here's what I got done: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/Sango1115/IMG_0644.jpg

Shana05
01-23-2010, 05:13 AM
As I mentioned before I'm working on Victoria. I'm kind of merging some of her different outfits but it's mainly based on this picture (http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/sailorjupitergirl/Twilight/victoria-trees.jpg).

My problem is shoes, she's barefoot. I even used my DVD and checked. I don't think the convention will let me be barefoot, also I'm afraid of having people accidently stepping on my feet. With shoes it's not too bad but barefoot it would hurt a lot. Also I plan to wear this to the New Moon DVD release party. Last year for the Twilight one, it rained and the majority of it was outside the store.

Anyway, what kind of shoes do you think I should wear?

Lucifer
01-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Anyway, what kind of shoes do you think I should wear?

I'd go with flesh tone sandals. Thought it'd still hurt if someone stepped on your feet, at least you'd be wearing shoes of some sort.

iycis
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I can't seem to figure why the Ad I placed in the marketplace won't load so I'll just mention this here:

I'm selling my kitchen scene Alice dress. Its a copy of the Diane Von Furstenberg Oldea dress. Pics can be found here http://www.cosplay.com/costume/242533/

If you're interested in pricing, more detailed photos, the size...please PM me.

baw61983
02-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I hope this is the right place to ask...apparently I will be donning quite a few wigs for costumes this year. Though I have blonde hair, I have been considering getting one for Rosalie (her baseball uniform so part can be hidden under the hat) because of the shade (and not really wanting to dye my hair, etc). Does anyone have any wig types or colors they could recommend? Thanks!

iycis
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
For my sister's baseball Rosalie costume, she used this wig: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16415&cat=2449&page=1

She bought it in the blonde color that is pictured. It turned out really nicely.