PDA

View Full Version : CNA2003 Group Photo shoots!

lainey
07-08-2003, 07:04 PM
We should like..make times of when the groups should meet up for photos...and for a huge cosplay group as well.

We should suggest times and places of where we should do them!

(wants to have a huge FFX-2 group photo!)

[Last edited on August 17 2003]Currently the plans are for a group photo shoup at 12:30PM on Saturday in the lobby. After 30 minutes, we head outside at High Park. This is the plan until further notice.[/Edit]

heki-chan
07-08-2003, 07:52 PM
at cnax, the best (and probably *only* place) possible place is in the main lobby by the main escalators^_^

usually around noon-2pm? i dunno X_X;

Chosuke
07-08-2003, 07:55 PM
sounds cool.

mikcy
07-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Sounds like fun XD

lainey
07-08-2003, 09:33 PM
sure...but 12-2 seems like a huge gap lol
which day...friday, sat or sunday lol

i'm assuming you're talking about saturday lol

mikcy
07-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Wouldn't friday be filled with people in the main lobby because of the lines X.x

Chosuke
07-08-2003, 09:39 PM
sounds good to me..around noon.

lainey
07-08-2003, 10:45 PM
but the thing is..
some people don't get into the con until later on friday..and yeah..they have to line up!

how about...
saturday at noon?

Mage
07-08-2003, 10:58 PM
For which group photo? Imho, I think we should wait until closer to the convention to pick a day and time for any large group photos because then cosplay plans will more than likely be completely finalised as we all know which costumes will be finished on time and which ones will not. Also, then the schedule will probably be available and we can avoid conflicting with some big event (like whatever's happening with Megatokyo...). Just a thought. ^_^

Hopefully at least one photo will go as planned....unlike Anime North. XP Not that the massive impromptu group photo wasn't fun, but none of the planned photos happened. =P

Ryukka
07-08-2003, 11:02 PM
As of now, I think around noon on saturday would be the best time. And I agree with WhiteMage too :3

mikcy
07-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Mmk yeah that's a good idea WhiteMage :D but if we CAN do noon at saturday I'm fine with that o.o

lainey
07-08-2003, 11:25 PM
lets just "pencil" in Saturday at noon for now.

Agreed with White Mage.

And we'll figure out the smaller group photos when they post the confirmed events

JustinCredible
07-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Like what WhiteMage said, its best to wait till a schedule is ready. There is a lot of time to plan this...

heki-chan
07-09-2003, 12:41 AM
"Not that the massive impromptu group photo wasn't fun, but none of the planned photos happened. =P"

ffx-2 happend! LOL X_x;
i missed cosplay.com's and CCML's tho X_x; as usual

Kisa
07-09-2003, 02:31 AM
It wasn't Impromptu, and Individual photos Did happen.
I posed for countless photos, as did groups and people I knew.

You just had to loiter in the lobby until someone came to ask for your picture. It was a matter of orginizing yourself and your own groups and standing out enough to be wanted.

Also, if people decide to run off after the massive group photo, obviously they aren't going to be in any other photos. That's just to get Everyone in ONE spot and get people started. Once the big photo breaks up, people are free to assemble into other groups, and seek/pose for photos.

Chosuke
07-09-2003, 09:57 AM
There was a big group photo? o_O;; -loitered in the lobby for at least an hour after given group picture time but didn't see one.-

lainey
07-09-2003, 11:19 AM
at AN?
There was a big group photo

Kia
07-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Apparently there was supposted to be one....I wandered in around the set time, yelled a bit, and then had to leave b/c I had alot of stuff to do. :: sniffle :: I had hoped to catch the group photo, but there was SOOOOO much stuff to do that day. ^_^ Oh well, maybe next year. ^_^

Mage
07-09-2003, 01:30 PM
I loitered in the lobby for three hours. I was there 30 minutes before CCML, Cosplay.com and other photos were supposed to take place and NOTHING happened. -_-*** I missed out on a lot of stuff I wanted to see specifically so this year I wouldn't miss the photos and it got me a hell of a lot of nothing. =P

I have yet to see a CCML photo big-arse photo or a Cosplay.Com photo posted anywhere online. The only gigantic groups I've seen were pics of the one where we dragged whatever cosplayers showed up into the pic. COnsidering you were one of the ones doing the yelling, Kisa, I figure maybe that was supposed to substitute for both of those photos, but the thing is that the random group thing happened at least an hour after the organised photos were scheduled...hence why I called it impromptu. -_- I just happened to be waiting for the CHobits group shot to happen at that time (which didn't really...I got a few pics w/ Christine and that was the extent of it).

On another note...calling me Mage is good....better than calling me WhiteMage or White Mage or whatever.....the colour category is unnecessary in normal conversation ^o^

Kisa
07-17-2003, 12:02 AM
*nods* I know what you're saying Mage. But, given that the Massive-group shot was at the time of the 'cosplay.com' one, and I know I was on time for it, and then yelled with Ruth, I know it happened. Obviously it isn't up on Cosplay.com for the reasons the mods stated. They weren't there, so it doesn't get it's own little spot, despite having been planned for by the people here on this board. Stillvisions has the photos and some of the outtakes from the shots on his site. (www.stillvisions.com)
Even if they aren't being fancily promoted, or have been labelled as 'cosplay.com group' that was what it was for initially, before it got carried away.
After, we did the CCD one, and the Hellsing group did their own shot, and we got a lots of good photos...
As for where everyone went... I dunno. I wasn't in those groups, or you can bet I would made an announcement :)
I mean, "The fangirls of the apocalypse" managed to do a photoshoot too, but a lot of that is due to having *reliable* people, who are actually a group and hang out together, rather then just general associates from online... thats why we always manage to be fairly successful.

But anyway. Just let me know what time the Crappy-con photoshoot is going to be, and I'll Yell to get us assembled. ^_^
The more disruption I cause at CNA, the better I'll feel.

You know, as a solution to at least one problem, It might be a really good idea, to make Signs, if we want to do Photoshoots... that way they at least show up in the photos... and people know what group it's supposed to be from.

xiola
07-17-2003, 06:30 PM
as long as it doesn't interfere with MT panels, Masq-staffing and is no earlier than noon, it's ok with me. then again, if the world doesn't plan itself around me i'm not going to be terribly offended either ;P

if it's at the same time as an MT panel or during the lineup for that i'll probably be skipping it anyway, as my costume is MT-related so i feel obligated to attend (and show it off somewhere that people will actually *recognize* it ;P)

eek, i just realized my dad called me for dinner practically 45 minutes ago... crap. ^^;;; *runs off before it needs reheating -_-*

Kisa
07-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Well, I refuse to actually *pay* for a pass at CNA, so I'll be in the lobby no matter what, except when masq-staffing...
But yes. Noon is just a BAD time.

The thing I realized with a lot of photoshoots... is that people who want Photos, should probably bring a Camera and a person/third party to TAKE the photos... that tends to help, and lets you Pose while still getting good photos...

Chosuke
07-19-2003, 09:07 PM
I think the hardest part now for me is picking which costume to wear for the photoshoot..

I have way too freaking many costumes for a three day con. Way too many. And I have way too many of those costumes barely started.

Kisa
07-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Ok... since no one is volunteering a time, what say we set a *tentative* time of 2pm for a photoshoot in the lobby by the desks/elevators?
We can see if it conflicts with anything when we see a schedule and go from there.

Either that or we can try something new, which would be in the parkish-area across the street at 12 if the weather is nice, and then go for a late-lunch down in the food-court and amuse ourselves with the talking trash-cans. SMA's cosplay Lunch last year was pretty fun, and there's some cheap and good food downstairs...
The park might be nice, because there's grass and benches and might be good for single/mini-group-shots... we wouldn't get the massive group of photographers like we do in the lobby however. So it all depends what people want.

Unless we want to do All-Three.... that's certainly a possibility. Start in the Lobby at 1, go across the street to the park for mini-group pics at 1:30 and then filter down to the lunch area as we want it...

(I'm just coughing up ideas. Feel free to suggest other things too)

Minakolabelle
07-20-2003, 02:48 PM
If we're going down to the food court we might wanna go earlier, those bastards like to "run out of food" around 2 pmish >_<

heki-chan
07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
LOOOL!!! they run out of food?

thts awesome XD

O!
DO NOOOOOT buy a wrap from Mega Wraps.
Its sucks^_^
Its been dubbed by us as Mega Craps---bcuz its THAT bad

but yah, the park sounds like a good idea Kisa!
Outdoor pix are SO much nicer

But,,,hmm!! Suggestion!^_^
we do the photoshoot (15mins) for the con-goers to get pix
then we can shift everyone outside and across the street to the minipark for more (gooder) pix^_^

~heki

Mage
07-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Here's an addition to that idea...since smaller groups of people are easier to control, what we could do is do the outdoor photos first, then go inside. That's just because it takes a long time for the truly gigantic photoshoots to finish up, so if we all assemble in the lobby, we'll be there for a while. It's a lot easier to send someone around to tell cosplayers we're heading inside than it is to drag a mass of people away from a mass of photographers and across the street. Mind you, stopping traffic on front street is always fun. :devil: XD

The food court is pretty hit or miss, but they do close ridiculously early. x_X; A couple years ago I ate at some oriental-ish place down there and it didn't really do wonderful things to my stomach, so if you have a bad feeling about a restaurant, then go somewhere else in the food court. x_x; They're probably all better than those hotdog truck things that always park outside the convention centre, though. XD

Minakolabelle
07-20-2003, 10:46 PM
There's also the food court in union station >.> McDLCs and Mr. Sub are open to UBER late

lainey
07-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by WhiteMage_1
Here's an addition to that idea...since smaller groups of people are easier to control, what we could do is do the outdoor photos first, then go inside. That's just because it takes a long time for the truly gigantic photoshoots to finish up, so if we all assemble in the lobby, we'll be there for a while. It's a lot easier to send someone around to tell cosplayers we're heading inside than it is to drag a mass of people away from a mass of photographers and across the street. Mind you, stopping traffic on front street is always fun. :devil: XD

The food court is pretty hit or miss, but they do close ridiculously early. x_X; A couple years ago I ate at some oriental-ish place down there and it didn't really do wonderful things to my stomach, so if you have a bad feeling about a restaurant, then go somewhere else in the food court. x_x; They're probably all better than those hotdog truck things that always park outside the convention centre, though. XD

yeah i ate the chinese food...
DON'T EAT IT!

Made my tummy feel queasy!

And I AGREE...we should do the outdoor photos outside! Because it'll be IMPOSSIBLE to stay inside the con for only 15 minutes lol it'll be longer..with all of us there lol

Aaand aand... mmm..
There is a Tim Horton's close by...5 minutes walk...I went there...yummy warm soup :D

JustinCredible
07-20-2003, 11:41 PM
The best place to eat is the traveling eatery that is ALWAYS in front of the MTCC during the convention. Great Hot Dogs... Great Fries... Plus the guy there is UBER nice...

anyways I'm getting very impatient with the lack of updates for the convention... when does the tent.program arrive at people's homes? Last year I didn't recieve one...

xiola
07-21-2003, 01:15 AM
... i usually get the asian chicken soup stuff, coz it's pretty much the same thing as you can expect from any of those places so it's not much of a risk... :P it's pretty decent and normal.

i'd kinda like taking the long-outdoor photoshoot *after* because while the big one is a mess, the outdoor ones take longer because they can take as long as you want them to, with all the different poses you want, and since it's individual it doesn' tmatter how long it takes everyone from inside to get across the street because some groups can start earlier and then as new people show up, you're free-er to take pics of them, etc...

if that makes any sense. i'm tired.

mikcy
07-21-2003, 02:51 AM
I tend to not eat anything but a candy bar XD Then again I haven't been to many cons and everytime I went I was only there for 2 hours >.>

Mr sub. Yummy.

Outside photos? I like.

lainey
07-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by memisama
I tend to not eat anything but a candy bar XD Then again I haven't been to many cons and everytime I went I was only there for 2 hours >.>

Mr sub. Yummy.

Outside photos? I like.

Be careful. I get sick at EACH con I go to! Due to lack of sleep..AND FOOD! And also..the air conditioning at CNA IS SO COLD! They blast it...and I'll be in costume...I think I'll be sick once more -_-

By Sundays...I look horrible.

... i usually get the asian chicken soup stuff, coz it's pretty much the same thing as you can expect from any of those places so it's not much of a risk... :P it's pretty decent and normal.

i'd kinda like taking the long-outdoor photoshoot *after* because while the big one is a mess, the outdoor ones take longer because they can take as long as you want them to, with all the different poses you want, and since it's individual it doesn' tmatter how long it takes everyone from inside to get across the street because some groups can start earlier and then as new people show up, you're free-er to take pics of them, etc...

if that makes any sense. i'm tired.

There is also thouse instant chicken noodles that you can eat....get some hot water into the cup thingy and instant warm food!

I do not know...but it really does seem that these photo sessions are going to take awhile lol

Hmmm..it might be better to take photos at the con first....so we can all meet up and be ready to go outdoors and not miss anyone. And maybe we should do the indoors for 20-30 minutes give or take...and then head outside!

I have been trying to be in contact with CNA and maybe it'll be a good idea to officially have the cosplay photo sessions written in the program.

JustinCredible
07-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by lainey
Be careful. I get sick at EACH con I go to! Due to lack of sleep..AND FOOD! And also..the air conditioning at CNA IS SO COLD! They blast it...and I'll be in costume...I think I'll be sick once more -_-

I'm used to the air conditioning... due to it being similar to my basement (where I sleep). You really should becareful with the food situation... because lack of sleep and food... don't mix very well. You know this already... but just telling you to becareful:)

And you know what would make the photoshoot even better? Breakdancing Monkeys... they always add class to any situation!

lainey
07-21-2003, 02:24 PM
mmm..
I think a mod should put a sticky on this topic

mikcy
07-21-2003, 04:29 PM
And you know what would make the photoshoot even better? Breakdancing Monkeys... they always add class to any situation!

Im with you on that. Nothing is better than breakdancing Monkeys.

Unless they have a tutu on.

Oh well I get hot easily, so that'll work for me XD

lainey
07-21-2003, 05:43 PM
hmmm...
so how about this...

Saturday at Noon, meet in the lobby of the con.

At 12:30PM we head off to the mini park for outdoor photos.

This is the plan until they post the schedule online

Sarcasm-hime
07-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Yay! photos....hmmm, if the air conditioning is cold then I should wear something that covers most of me. Maybe I'll do Windy...although she is a PAIN to put on without a hotel room. Is anybody staying at the con and would like to donate some setup space to me on Saturday?

lainey
07-21-2003, 10:59 PM
*bows her head*

sowwies...taking two buses..and then subwaying it to the con!

Vanity Fading
07-24-2003, 04:08 PM
park pictures! that sounds great X) hope no one misses out on it or whatever b/c of the long lines ups ...grrrr

Kisa
07-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, they don't have to stand in line or have a pass to take pictures. It's Public space, and across the street isn't even part of the con, so...

Chosuke
07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
I need some setup room too as i'm pretty sure we'll be driving there everyday and not staying..-mumble-..

Kisa
07-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, my first two CNAs, I got dressed in the Bathroom, and I had no problems. I don't know if i would put on something like Windy, because of the fabrics and pretties, and stuff, but it's perfectly fine to just get dressed in and put on some make-up

Sarcasm-hime
07-25-2003, 12:51 PM
hmmmmm...maybe in the handicapped stall.....lol

Still, wondering where I'll stash my clothes and wig head and stuff. Maybe I should wear my Neoranga costume instead.

Chosuke
07-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Thats my main problem..
I REALLY don't want to be lugging a bag O' crap across CN <I heard the convention center is very big>

I could probably get changed in the bathroom if need be.. But I prefer not to.
Especially if there is scented air freshener in there.. ugh..rash.

hellbelle
07-26-2003, 08:51 PM
(wrong person posted)

Sarcasm-hime
07-27-2003, 03:10 PM
The last time I was at CNA (2 years ago I think), they had lockers in the upstairs area (the kind you put a loonie into)....they're not big, but you can stash some stuff there.

lainey
07-27-2003, 10:43 PM
i never saw lockers there for the past two years i have went -_-

yeah... 12PM noon on Sat at lobby..

Erilan
07-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by lainey
yeah... 12PM noon on Sat at lobby..
Bleh, noon seems a bit too early. :/

The usual default time of 2:00pm sounds good to me. :bigtu:

Kisa
07-28-2003, 01:33 AM
I also dislike Noon. Mostly because Sleep is Good.

xiola
07-28-2003, 02:20 AM
i agree. about the noon = bad.

especially when at CNA as opposed to AN, you have alot more people (including myself) who aren't actually staying at the hotel and have to factor in travel time and then finding the person who's hotel room we're dumping luggage in, and THEN change. :/

that is, if i even have anything to change into, at this point. i'm seriously getting terrified by how mentally incapable of working on costumes i am these past 2-3 weeks. i've been walking around like a zombie and can't do anything >_<;;

hellbelle
07-28-2003, 09:04 AM
(wrong person posted)

xiola
07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
anything before like 3 should be fine outdoors - if there's enough of an open area there won't be too many shadows in the way.

could people please remember that 12:30 - 1:30 will also be the most HOT, highest chance of sun-stroke and sunburn time of day. AND, since most of us will be wearing makeup and fancy hair, putting sunscreen on your face is not an option, nor are hats. wigs get VERY hot, and sweating will ruin your makeup and costume.

since we can't second-guess at the weather, afternoons are much kinder. for those in bulky or warm costumes, and/or with weak constitutions, noon hour is not very ideal to be outside.

Chosuke
07-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I would rather it be around 2:00pm too.

not because the hot weather bothers me personally,but like a lot of people I won't be in a hotel room and getting back and forth from Cn PLUS changing time which usually takes me at the least half an hour.
But if we absolutely HAVE to go earlier I think the earliest I would like to be out there is 1pm

heki-chan
07-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Like sarcasm siad, there are little blue lockers off to the side in the main-dealers hall.

Also, since we're ghetto, we're dumping our crap in our friend's dealers-area *bwahahah*
so thats a good alternative to anyone here who personally knows one of two of the dealers^_^

I also agree with Chobrat, 12;1230 is quite early imho.
on a personal standpoint, i rarely get to a con on saturdays till noon anyways, then i need to suit up the boys, which takes hella long. >_>;
1 or 2 seems reasonable to me tho *shrug*
but ya
whtevr u guys decide is fine, ill try to rushrushrush^_^

~heki

deathfirefly
08-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Around 2pm sounds better b/c we have more time to change. Speaking of changing costume..........remember the underground food court? the washrooms there are great.......there's lots of room and the lighting is good.

Kisa
08-01-2003, 06:13 PM
And the garbagecans talk. XD

Tiyena
08-01-2003, 07:11 PM
i think 2 would be the best for me beacuse i have to work that morning and getting to the convention early is going to be hard enough. i work at 4 am so i would like to rest before going and if we have to be there for noon i won't have much time to catch up on sleep. but that's just my opinon. :)

deathfirefly
08-01-2003, 07:18 PM
lol....i almost forgot about that.....thx for reminding me kisa.....that was hilarious......talking garbage cans......lol

Kisa
08-02-2003, 09:21 PM
^-^
well, I am easily amused...

HarukaTenoh
08-04-2003, 06:12 PM
I'd like to be a part of this as well. But I wont be in an FFX-2 costume. Sorry. Hmm, 2pm sounds good.

Kisa
08-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Why would you need to be in a FF-anything-costume?
it isn't a requirement at all. it's just a general costume-shoot.

HarukaTenoh
08-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Yes, this is true. But I was only referring to Lainey, who was hoping to get a few FFX-2 shots. Otherwise, I'm there for the shoot anyways.

lainey
08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by HarukaTenoh
Yes, this is true. But I was only referring to Lainey, who was hoping to get a few FFX-2 shots. Otherwise, I'm there for the shoot anyways.

O_o
that's just a side note i added...
we're focusing on the main photo shoot though

HarukaTenoh
08-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, I wasn't focusing on jsut the FF-X part everyone.

lainey
08-05-2003, 09:59 PM
12pm...and not 2 pm O_o

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
08-06-2003, 03:36 AM
is the cosplay.com photoshoot time the same as CCML's???

HarukaTenoh
08-06-2003, 09:15 AM
12? Hm, I could try that.

xiola
08-06-2003, 01:50 PM
what is at 12? ...hasn't just about EVERYONE been saying they would rather it be at 2'oclock? who is the authority here saying that it's defenitely going to be at 12?

i mean, you guys can have it at 12 if you want, but half of us will not be ready since we have to take the train every day to get there and change in somebody else's room. we'll just have our own photoshoot if you want to ignore what everyone's been saying -_-

Tiyena
08-06-2003, 02:06 PM
i work in the morning and i would like to get some sleep before i got on the go trian and get there, for me to be there at 12 will mean i don't get to sleep after work so 2 would be the best, alot of other people have also said that 2 is better for them.

hellbelle
08-06-2003, 02:35 PM
(wrong person posted)

lainey
08-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I dunno, I just thought we agreed on 12 O_o

We'll just make it 2pm geez..don't bite my neck I just don't want people to get confused O_o

Chosuke
08-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Yay 2pm!

Me n Scoti will be using the train-trains to we do think now,so thank god its later in the afternoon. I missed the An photoshoot and I want to make this one x.x

lainey
08-06-2003, 07:16 PM
awwwww...!

Where do you live Chobrat?
How long does it take for you to get there?

Chosuke
08-06-2003, 07:20 PM
I live in Brampton and I've never even taken a train before .. but I am no-where close to Down town T.O..

I think I'll be leaving from a station somewhere in misisauga though, not sure.

lainey
08-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm in Mississauga.

It DOES take a pain to get there, but I do it all of the time O_o

Get a bus to islington station or anywhere on the line and then travel to St. Andrew.

OR, you can get a ride to the GO Train station in Malton (near the airport), which is a passenger train that goes to Union Station. You can take a street car from there!

OR, if you can easily get to Bramalea, there is a GO Bus that takes u to Yorkdale, and u can travel downwards or...
Mmmm...

Chosuke
08-06-2003, 07:30 PM
o-o;;

tell that to Scoti. She's obviously the thinking one in our pair.
And I'm obviosuly the looks xD -fans self-

mikcy
08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
2pm is good because I like to stay up and sleep in. :D Plus, I most likely will have to take a bus/subway/whatever downtown. Then again, that won't take long. *shrugs*

nyamiko_chan
08-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Can someone PM me about what times all the shoot are happening ^^; i didn't know everyone was posting herwe about CNA too *weeps*

Thanks..or post ^_^ post might be bbtr cuz then i'll have many PM's LOL!!

tank'ous sooo much *hugs*

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
08-07-2003, 09:53 PM
me too me too!
i am confused!

HarukaTenoh
08-08-2003, 02:09 AM
2 pm now? Okay. I hope this sticks.

Kisa
08-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Okydoke, 2 it is!
Ruth and I will start yelling at 2:05. We'll take 10-15 minutes or so to cause a scene and then we can move outside and people can do individual photos outside, or head down to grab food at their leisure.
The outside thing is of course, provided the weather co-operates with us.

Also, I have no idea what the CCML is planning, but I don't see why we can't do that one at the same time or just after.
Heki, do you think anyone cares? Yelling Cosplay.com Photoshoot NOWis easier then Canadian cosplay mailing list Photoshoot NOW.
Less Words.

lainey
08-09-2003, 05:02 PM
LoL Well Kisa, there is a photoshoot first at the main lobby for about 30 minutes or so.

That time period will help to get everyone ready to go, and then afterwards u can yell at around 2:30 to head outside ^_^

xiola
08-09-2003, 06:37 PM
i think she knows that. but basically, from experience (given the fact that it's usually been KISA, and ruth, organizing the actual photoshoot (that is, getting everyone together at the actual con) at the past 3 cons since no one else has bothered to be organized on their own), we try and get as many people together as possible, and we stand there until everyone gets tired or until the photo-snapping dies down, which is generally about 15 minutes - in a large group photo there is basically only one big pose and it's not a very detailed shot so no one wants to stand there for 30 minutes and essentially, it just kind of disperses naturally on it's own.

basically, once people start disassembling, everyone here can direct whoever is interested to go outside for more detailed/individual shots.

it's pointless to expect much organization in these matters, so i wouldn't advise trying to take singular authority on plans. we can say from experience that that never goes well.

Kisa
08-09-2003, 06:45 PM
^_^

What would I do without you Xio?

xiola
08-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
^_^

What would I do without you Xio?

get into a big flame war and lose an eye? ;P

*grins ducks and runs* XD

lainey
08-09-2003, 11:23 PM
good idea xiola :D

how long do these photo shoots last...
i dun wanna spend the whole afternoon taking pictures on an important day LoL

Kisa
08-10-2003, 03:17 AM
They tend to last as long as you WANT them to last. You show up on time, they happen, and you stick around as long as you want, depending on how much you have planned to do and how much you want to socialize.

For a lot of us, they last an hour or more, because we use the time to chat and socialize and catch up on news and discuss future plans and sometimes gossip.
Especially those of us who go just to cosplay/the Masq. and have no real interest in the guests.

SohjiroX
08-10-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Chobrat
Thats my main problem..
I REALLY don't want to be lugging a bag O' crap across CN <I heard the convention center is very big>

I could probably get changed in the bathroom if need be.. But I prefer not to.
Especially if there is scented air freshener in there.. ugh..rash.

hey chobrat if you want, I'm asking scoti this as well, you two can store your stuff over in my room and use that place to change and get cleaned up if I go. I was going to see about throwing a small gathering there of cosplay.com people from there so I can get pics anyways.

lainey
08-10-2003, 10:35 AM
thanks Kisa!

I'll probably be there for an hour or so, depending on what my friends agree on...
But question!

What if it rains?
Do we hold it in the lobby or?

And yeah...are there really any lockers there? Every time I've went... I've never seen any.

xiola
08-10-2003, 06:13 PM
really... just... don't worry about it!! getting the stupid thing started is the most important thing. after that, people can decide to do whatever they want. i

if it rains, people will make do with whatever's possible. people will change their minds based on the current situation anyway, so there's no point on deciding on specific trouble-shooting plans...

*sigh* i'm so tired...

*goes to get her Harry Potter book 5 for her dad to read - he just came up and asked me to get it for him, since he's read my other 4 XDD*

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Kenney: Now is it just me, or did I see only 19 cosplayers pose for a photo shoot at CNAX 2002? Because I didn't go and It looked like it wasn't that fabulous....

Barks: No, Kenney, sorry about my mistake in not telling you earlier... The thing is that there had been several official photo shoots considering that there had been an actual designated time and spot to take the photo. Truth is, like at every photo shoot, they ran late. Either way, before you reread this post, I'd have shown you the much larger cosplay photo shoot, and that only consists of the anime portion.

Kisa
08-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Uh, the photoshoot last year didn't run late. And there were a lot more then 19 people.

I know, because unlike YOU apparently, I was there.

http://www.tokyoboom.com/Kisa/CNA02_27.jpg

There was also, THIS one, before we got them on the other side of the light. http://www.stillvisions.com/events/CNA2002/gallery/saturday/images/114-1476_IMG.jpg and Individual shots at the same time/before/after. http://www.stillvisions.com/events/CNA2002/gallery/saturday/index.htm

lainey
08-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey you guys...
since the megatokyo panel is on at 2PM..
why not we switch it to 1PM?

xiola
08-17-2003, 05:33 PM
lainey - thank you!
here's my actual post about this, since i originally posted this on the wrong thread:

[repost]
PROBLEM - PLEASE READ:

... the photoshoot is at the same time as the MT (megatokyo) panel. therefore... people either change it, if any of us are planning on going, or i'm just probably not going.

i know alot of you probably don't care about this, but perhaps a better argument is this - alot of the non-costumer people who TAKE photos would more likely be arranging their schedule around events, and i would assume a large portion of the anime contingent would be at this panel, and therefore NOT taking pictures of cosplayers. which is kind of the point of the photoshoot...

and if i'm the only one who cares about this i don't think people should change just for my plans, but i think we should maybe try to change it because otherwise there will be NO cosplayers at all at fred's panel, which will suck, and you NEED extra people around to take photos if you want a good photoshoot, so it would suck to have it when not as many of them are around.

i dunno how lineups will conflict, but i'd suggest 1pm as well. at least it's a good compromise, for those ppl who were complaining that 2pm was too late, but it's still well after noon so it gives us commuters time to get ready...

but i dunno if anyone cares about this. i just think that since it's one of the main anime programming things that some of us may want to at least show our support so that fred doesn't start thinking that canadian cons suck, and we actually get people free to TAKE pictures, then it would be better if everyone wasn't gone during that time.

is anyone up for changing it to 1pm? >_<

*sigh* ._.

lainey
08-17-2003, 05:34 PM
actually...
1PM wouldn't be a good idea!
People will need to line up for MegaTokyo!!!

Is Noon on Saturday (original plan) not too early? LoL

xiola
08-17-2003, 05:36 PM
noon is too early... i thought everyone already said that :P

lainey
08-17-2003, 05:38 PM
i know...
but aren't there lineups usually for such big events? people want to start lining up 30-45 minutes before it begins

xiola
08-17-2003, 05:47 PM
but i guess since there's no other choice, maybe late 12:30 (like, as in, start trying to collect people at 12:30, and start around 12:40) is do-able for a 15 minute shoot, and then you get in for the one-hour-early lineup. and if you're not lining up QUITE that early, there's still time for some fool-around time with individual shots.

and as far as individual shots go, really, people can do those whenever. the people who don't care about lining up QUITE so early can do theirs after the group shot, and those who are going to the panel can do theirs directly after the panel and possibly can use the crowd coming out of the panel as a jump-start to let people know and start taking pics.

can people give their input on what they'd prefer so far so we'll have some idea on what's the best thing to do??

Mage
08-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Fusk....MegaTokyo is definitely the #1 priority, even if I didn't have time to make a costume for it...Whenever the photoshoot is, if I see a large line forming for the MegaTokyo stuffs...I'm ditching the photoshoot in favour of lining up.

I'm in favour of the 12:30 start as it will give us a little cushion of time as to people running into the shot late and people having to leave earlier for panels and such....taking more photos after the panel is probably a good idea as well. I think, MegaTokyo being a rather popular thing with anime fans, a reasonable number of cosplayers will be having this potential conflict, so it's worth rearranging the photoshoot time to accomodate MT. Thanks for the heads up on the schedule, Xiola and Lainey.

^_^;; <---too busy struggling with sewing gloves at the moment to look at the full sched. yet.

lainey
08-17-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah...
12:30 seems like a really good diea.

if not...i have no idea what time to do it at then O_o

Kisa
08-17-2003, 07:45 PM
I just don't care anymore. People can do what they want.

xiola
08-17-2003, 08:00 PM
eh... i don't really, but if i don't, no one will do anything about it and i'll just end up annoyed at the con ^^;;

i'm ok with 12:30 late-ish start.

heki-chan
08-17-2003, 10:09 PM
what if....we had the photoshoot by the Lineup for MT LOL X_X;

i....dunt think that was helpful...

SohjiroX
08-18-2003, 04:36 AM
hmm I think if we would do such a thing first pick a good day, than think of a time line of events and either plan near one or around one by it or such so people can be able to see us. thats just a thought.

Chosuke
08-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Heki: That does seem like a good idea.. but is there enough room?

I don't plan on going to that panel myself,or any panel for that manner since I am a wandering hobo.
Time is not an issue for me,aside from the whole waking up and getting ready part.
But I do understand all the people who DO wanna get to the things they want,especially MT so.. 1.:00pm or whatevs I won't complain about.

But 12:30 is a bit..close.

lainey
08-18-2003, 11:22 AM
or maybe move the photo shoot to friday or sunday something O_o

Mage
08-18-2003, 12:29 PM
I actually prefer doing stuff on Friday, when I'm actually awake, but most people (or maybe I'm generalising?) wear their most labour-intensive costumes on Saturday....not that you're guaranteed to see much of yourself when there are dozens of people crammed into one photo, but the point is that that is one reason why these usually happen on Saturday...

Like I said, I'm fine with whatever and I've got my priorities. I likely won't be doing much aside from getting autographs, MegaTokyo-related stuff, the masquerade and loitering, so hooray. ^_^

SohjiroX
08-18-2003, 02:09 PM
well I'm outa here, I'll see everyone at the con.

Minakolabelle
08-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Friday or sunday would be better sence their the dead days. But for me personally it really doesn't matter when it is, as long as it's not 2:30-3 pm saturday cause that's when I'm changing into my masq costume.

My mother never lets me sleep later then 10 any way >_o I have make up to do XD

xiola
08-18-2003, 07:17 PM
actually, i think having the photoshoot by the lineup is the best idea so far... BUT, the problem then is the annoying lineup administrator people who get all up in everyone's face about messing up their fancy lineup algorythms and whatnots... -_-;;

although, i would assume that they don't really start their getting-anal-about-the-lineup business until about a halfhour before the panel (since it's not QUITE like the masq lineup), so we probably have enough time to do the photoshoot. or at least do it quickly and nearby... but then we'll get photo ops from everyone who's coming to lineup :P

SUGGESTION: we could just try for having several of us there for 12:50 or so and make a decision with whoever is there early based on the *actual* circumstances once we're THERE, and then start RIGHT at 1pm and whoever's there will have to put up with whatever's been decided by the earlycomers - ie, if we do it a few feet away from the lineup, then those who want to lineup right away will just have to deal or get someone to save their spot... coz i think it's going to be one of those things where we can't really figure it out COMPLETELY until we're there. we just need a time to meet up enough people who can start the yelling.

we can get the group shot done very quickly, and if people start leaving on their own it doesn't have to be more than 10 minutes anyway.

HarukaTenoh
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Lol, oh no, it changed again. Well, it really doesn't matter to me. If I run into you guys, then kool. But I'll be there saturday from 12-6.

lainey
08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
i dunno....
i'll be in the lobby at 12:30 O_o