PDA

View Full Version : Axis Powers Hetalia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Zelos_Wilder
08-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Well, the way I see it, it's officially getting an anime ... So why not begin a thread for it? I know over-seas there is plenty of delicious Hetalia cosplay out there and even a couple on the cosplay.com site.

Anyone planning any Hetalia cosplay here?

I'm currently planning an Austria cosplay. Trying to convince someone to be my Hungary!

bubblefire
08-18-2008, 07:45 AM
yess someone start a thread for it! :D

at the moment i don't know who to do xD; i always have this terrible time of known what series to do just never what character! xD;

can't wait to see your Austria <3

Seiyora
10-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Hetalia cosplayers, yay! I have Lithuania planned for an indeterminate time... probably not next year, maybe the year after :'D

Azira
10-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Right now I'm working on Italy ( his casual cloths) and Helping a friend with her Hungary outfit.

Kantara
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm working on America/Alfred, right now I'm looking around for his uniform.

KitsuneSqueak
10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I'll be cosplaying Russia by the end of the month, and somebody at Otakon~

ycysusan2001
10-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I had a group done by Ycon few weeks ago. I was the Belarus~ Photo in my gallery~

kimuhalu
10-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I've noticed a recent increase of talk of Hetalia (questions, photos, etc) on this site, and it's definitely gotten me interested in it. I hope one day I can cosplay from it too. :) Italy, Germany, and America are pretty cute so they are candidates.

tu_sense
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Well, the way I see it, it's officially getting an anime ... So why not begin a thread for it? I know over-seas there is plenty of delicious Hetalia cosplay out there and even a couple on the cosplay.com site.

Anyone planning any Hetalia cosplay here?

I'm currently planning an Austria cosplay. Trying to convince someone to be my Hungary!

Ok, so it's WAY too early for this, but I randomly ran into Hetalia and I can't get enough of it. My dream is to be the Italy with the little pizza prop. And your profile says you are planning Sweeden for Otakon 09. We should totally get a Hetalia group together and do a skit or something.

AstaChan
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry if I dig this thread up from the graveyard. I don't want to make new one since there's already one here. X3

So I'm thinking on doing Japan and England, I'm just wandering is there any pattern I can alter for England? :3

Tu_sense :: I'm sure I will be doing Japan at Otakon 09, Need to get a pic with your Italy <333333

Xailyn
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Greece speaking. ^^ I'm being him at Katsucon in February, and Anime Boston, and I am probably going to start a Holy Roman Empire cosplay too. This makes me so happy to see there's a Hetalia thread now. <3

Tooru18
12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Does anyone have pics of the countries? I am starting to get into this. I saw a comic on dA and loved it! : D

AstaChan
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
You can try here, http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia/tag/profiles
Might have to join the community. X3 you can also find some scanlations there too.

Aikoh
12-13-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope that the character profiles on the official Web site will be restored soon! I still have the character reference sheets from the site for Roderich Edelstein (Austria) and Ludwig (Germany) saved in my Photobucket if anyone needs 'em. I am seriously psyched about cosplaying as Gilbert Beilschmidt (Prussia) this year, but it is hard to find pictures of his uniform, and it is even harder to find consistent color pictures of his uniform. I could wait for the anime to come out, or for the characters page to go online again, but I don't know how long that will be and I'd like to start this costume early since my next convention is in June. I think I will just have to base the colors off real Prussian uniforms, though, finding a pattern to modify shouldn't be too difficult considering the widespread influence of the Prussian army.

And, man, am I glad to see this thread bumped because it needs so much more love. Though, I imagine we will be seeing more Hetalia costumes once the anime comes out.

Does anyone have pics of the countries? I am starting to get into this. I saw a comic on dA and loved it! : D

Also, if you want more pictures in addition to the LiveJournal community, there is also Himaruya's official site (http://www.geocities.com/himaruya/hetaria"), as well as the official homepage of the anime series (http://www.hetalia.com) that is going to air in January.

AstaChan
12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh thanks god you bumped this thread. lol *doesn't wanna feel like spamming* My Japan is done <333333
Now I'm starting on UK!! This series Need more Cosplayers <3333333333

Aikoh
12-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh thanks god you bumped this thread. lol *doesn't wanna feel like spamming* My Japan is done <333333
Now I'm starting on UK!! This series Need more Cosplayers <3333333333

Whoa! Your Japan costume is fantastic! Did you use a real sword? I can't wait to see more pictures of it if you plan on taking 'em, and I look forward to seeing your other Hetalia costumes, too.

I think it would be great if we used this thread to collect patterns for various characters, too, because I remember you commenting that you weren't sure what patterns you should modify for U.K. Have you found something yet? I will most definitely link back to a pattern if I find one while I hunt down everything I need for Prussia. I had to bump this thread because I am really excited about cosplaying as Prussia! He's one of my favorites, and watching a German documentary about Prussia and Friedrich Wilhelm III while searching for reference images of his uniform made me want to cosplay as him even more, they have really nice uniforms. *w*

AstaChan
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
That's a good idea. Well....I don't know about other people, but My Japan mostlikely base on Civil Wars Costumes (http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4745.htm)
But Like I said, only based on. I didn't use the whole pattern. But this pattern was very helpful to me. it also can be base pattern to Regular Gakuran (Japanese Boy Uniform)

For UK. I didn't find anything that decent enough, So I decided to do it from scratchs DXDX I hope it won't come out too bad. I will post the progress as soon as I can. ^^

And I will get picture tomorrow for Japan <33333 I just get a chance to talk to my photographer today, he's been hiding somewhere from me. lol

#EDIT#
I did it! here we go >> http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia/318831.html

ChibiInuBaka
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Hello Hello!! I'm starting my China cosplay soon. :D The color are probably off though... :(
I dont know how to make those cool military outfits either... DX

kurotoshi
12-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Hello! I'll be starting my Canada soon and my friend think she'll be doing Russia!

Lowah
12-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Hello Hello!! I'm starting my China cosplay soon. :D The color are probably off though... :(
I dont know how to make those cool military outfits either... DX

BLARGH Grace you beat me to it!!! DDDDDX

*cough* Hi Hetalia thread! I'm going to start on Russia really soon (even though i'm super short)! I'm gonna be working on him during my winter break so hopefully i'll get lots of progress done. :D

And if anybody needs help with figuring out outfits for characters, i'd be happy to draw some costume sketches/assumptions. XD

Mithrigil
12-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I should have America ready in the next week or so, and my girlfriend will be UK. We're going to invade Katsucon.

kurotoshi
12-17-2008, 09:52 AM
BLARGH Grace you beat me to it!!! DDDDDX

*cough* Hi Hetalia thread! I'm going to start on Russia really soon (even though i'm super short)! I'm gonna be working on him during my winter break so hopefully i'll get lots of progress done. :D

And if anybody needs help with figuring out outfits for characters, i'd be happy to draw some costume sketches/assumptions. XD

It's why platforms are your friends!

Really? I might take you up on that offer!

Xailyn
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I should have America ready in the next week or so, and my girlfriend will be UK. We're going to invade Katsucon.

I'm being Greece at Katsu! 8DDD
Yay, we're getting a big APH group for Katsu <3

Mithrigil
12-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm being Greece at Katsu! 8DDD
Yay, we're getting a big APH group for Katsu <3

Rock! I was thinking all the HEtalia people could hightail it to DC after con on Sunday and take pictures at the landmarks (and the pentagon) since it's so close!

Xailyn
12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Rock! I was thinking all the HEtalia people could hightail it to DC after con on Sunday and take pictures at the landmarks (and the pentagon) since it's so close!

I'd love to, but I have a bus to catch on Sunday at about 4PM or so. But that would be SO EPIC.

We might have a luncheon on Sunday :B A United Nations Luncheon.

Lowah
12-18-2008, 12:58 AM
It's why platforms are your friends!

Really? I might take you up on that offer!

hahaha You would? XD That's fine with me! I love drawing character concept pictures. (to an extent XP)

@Mithrilgil & Xailyn - A hetalia photoshoot at DC would be so epic and awesome! = D I wish i lived near national landmarks or something.

Mithrigil
12-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd love to, but I have a bus to catch on Sunday at about 4PM or so. But that would be SO EPIC.

We might have a luncheon on Sunday :B A United Nations Luncheon.

Oh that sounds AWESOME. I could totally get behind this. Do you know how many others are coming--should one of us start a thread in the Katsu section?

kurotoshi
12-18-2008, 09:06 PM
hahaha You would? XD That's fine with me! I love drawing character concept pictures. (to an extent XP)

@Mithrilgil & Xailyn - A hetalia photoshoot at DC would be so epic and awesome! = D I wish i lived near national landmarks or something.

Cool! I'll be sure to let you know if I decide to!

Hahaha, I live in Ottawa, so I'll be going NUTS when I do Canada!

Xailyn
12-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh that sounds AWESOME. I could totally get behind this. Do you know how many others are coming--should one of us start a thread in the Katsu section?

It's already been made. x3 So far it's me as Greece, and I know we probably have UK, America, China and I THINK Japan. I can't remember. (Wtf, why do we have no Italy?)

AstaChan
12-18-2008, 11:35 PM
want to go to katsucon so bad but couldn't because of work. DX *sniffs*

Mithrigil
12-20-2008, 04:51 PM
America costume is up in my gallery! (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/191746/) Any concrit in the house?

Heimdall
12-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Speaking of US cosplay, does anyone know of a leathery jacket that looks like a bomber jacket that is not 100 dollars or more D8?

benihime
12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
oh man i totally want to cosplay from this now XD
n. italy IS SO CUTE~ so tempting.

Seiyora
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone have any luck finding patterns for the uniforms? I've searched extensively... nada ^^'

I've found plenty of sites where you can buy uniform reproductions, if you're so surfeited with cash... Ludwig's (http://www.1944shop.com/index1.html), for instance (follow the link, click WW II Germany --> Uniforms --> SS-Combat and Service).

I'm pretty new to sewing clothing, so I hesitate to attempt to create a pattern from scratch... even if it needs to be heavily modified, something to go by would be great :]

AstaChan
12-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, I saw Cos00 sells Hetalia Cosplays. They're not that expensive. But I, myself never buy from them though. DX
http://www.uscos00.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=66&gtype= Here's the link if anyone wanna take a look.

Xailyn
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM
*squeaks* They look kind of...inaccurate. Greece's cosplay's green. He wears beige.

AstaChan
12-23-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah. lol that's what happen when you buy cosplay online. Somes are not so accurated. This is why I made my own.
I usually look up to some cosplay stores just to see how they instructed their costumes. DX

Xailyn
12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I do like some of them, like their Sweden looks pretty accurate.
But I'm just going ahead and making mine/buying pieces.

AstaChan
12-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Same here. DX Somehow I try UK on today it wasn't fit me for some reason. - -"" Gotta redo them tonight.

kurotoshi
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
See, I'm lucky enough to live in a town that has a lot of military surplus stores, so we intend to do a lot of modifications, but if I come across patterns I'll let you know!

Xailyn
12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm lucky to live in a house with retired military personel. XD
Well, not totally...doesn't mean we've got stuff lying around the house, but it means my mom can tell me if I'm making things properly...

Though I think I might have to make baby! Greece. That way me and Chibitalia can beat up Turkey for polluting the Adriatic Sea.

kurotoshi
12-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm lucky to live in a house with retired military personel. XD
Well, not totally...doesn't mean we've got stuff lying around the house, but it means my mom can tell me if I'm making things properly...

Oh really?! That's SO COOL!

Aikoh
12-26-2008, 02:10 AM
*squeaks* They look kind of...inaccurate. Greece's cosplay's green. He wears beige.

I think that's awesome that Hetalia has gotten so popular that they are selling costumes on a cosplay site offered in English, but I do have to agree, I can't say that the colors on their Prussia costume are completely accurate either. They're offering those costumes at a decent price, though, I would probably still recommend it anyways to someone who was looking for Hetalia costumes if I knew anything about the store's reliability.

Oh, I was browsing Himaruya's blog earlier today, and decided to start uploading character designs (http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/glycosuria/Hetalia/Character%20Designs/) to my Photobucket so that they're easier to find for us cosplayers. The character (http://hetalia.com/character/index.htm) page is also back online at the official Web site if anyone is looking for some of the main characters.

AstaChan
12-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I think that's awesome that Hetalia has gotten so popular that they are selling costumes on a cosplay site offered in English, but I do have to agree, I can't say that the colors on their Prussia costume are completely accurate either. They're offering those costumes at a decent price, though, I would probably still recommend it anyways to someone who was looking for Hetalia costumes if I knew anything about the store's reliability.

Oh, I was browsing Himaruya's blog earlier today, and decided to start uploading character designs (http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/glycosuria/Hetalia/Character%20Designs/) to my Photobucket so that they're easier to find for us cosplayers. The character (http://hetalia.com/character/index.htm) page is also back online at the official Web site if anyone is looking for some of the main characters.

Agree to that, Most Accurate as you can get is to make it yourself I think. X3 And also, I uploaded Profiles Pic from Community and Anime Site last night for my girlfriend who making America. So...I don't want to wasted the files...if anyone what to just go HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n2lm4o3x4ny) to download them. I should have almost everyone, except Prussia ;__;
Ps. Please do not share my link without permission. Even it's just a samll files but it it took times to save and upload it. D<

kurotoshi
12-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Holy crap! Thanks both of you!!

AstaChan
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
No problem and....My UK is done XD!!!! http://www.cosplay.com/costume/193210/

kurotoshi
12-29-2008, 05:01 PM
WOW! It looks great! Fantastic job!

Xuki-kun
12-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Hetalia~! I love this series.
I really want to cosplay from it sometime after my other costumes are done, but I don't know who I would be able to pull off. Any suggestions? xD
[My apologies for randomly barging in like this, haha.]

I'm really glad that APH has a really reasonably sized fanbase that's not too big or too small. <3

AstaChan
12-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Hetalia~! I love this series.
I really want to cosplay from it sometime after my other costumes are done, but I don't know who I would be able to pull off. Any suggestions? xD
[My apologies for randomly barging in like this, haha.]

I'm really glad that APH has a really reasonably sized fanbase that's not too big or too small. <3

From your Avartar I think you should cosplay Finland or Sealand <333333

And thank you to kurotoshi XD

Xuki-kun
12-30-2008, 10:23 AM
AstaChan: Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely find sometime to cosplay as sealand, upon second inspection, I have everything I need for that cosplay already. XD
Oh, and such awesome UK and Japan cosplays you have there~
[You're so versatile~ -envyenvyenvy- =w=]

Xailyn
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Argh! I agree, Xuki! Finland or Sealand! But I'm seeing some Latvia also. x3 Baltic States need more love.

Speaking of those...I need to start Poland. :x

Truffle-chan
01-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I've become pretty much addicted to this series, it's so fun. I'd love to cosplay as someone from it~!
Most likely Egypt, or Korea if I feel gutsy enough. x)

facebreak
01-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I've been talked into doing a Prussia. xD Good Lord, he's sexy. I'm so not gonna pull this off.
I have a couple friends doing Hetalia, too. We have a Canada, a Sweeden, and... a Hungary? I think? Not so sure.
S'gonna be foooooon. xD <3
We may be debuting at AX09? Not sure. Depends on how un-lazy everyone (including myself) decides to be.

Xuki-kun
01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Xailyn: Latvia? I feel honored to have Latvia cosplay suggested to me. <3~

>w<

-------

haha, on my first post here, I know I said that I'd work on Sealand after I finished my other costumes, but I actally went ahead and finished my Sealand costume yesterday. XD
I will try to post pictures tomorrow~

asdfjkl; I want to do Latvia cosplay now D: I kind of have his personality and all..I hope I can pull him off ;A;~

[If I ever do that cosplay, I'm going to bring eyedrops with me~ xD]

ryoogawa
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I finished Russia~! 8"D So much faster than I expected...

Though I'm still trying to convince my sister to be my Lithuania.... OTL It's not really working.

oslapedo
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll be doing Hong Kong :3

I already have the right wig I just need to sharpie dye it brown.

Lowah
01-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I finished Russia~! 8"D So much faster than I expected...

Though I'm still trying to convince my sister to be my Lithuania.... OTL It's not really working.

Kya~ Your Russia cosplay looks so awesome so far! *A* I gotta work on mine. lol OTL

Oh, i have a question for you guys if that's ok.

Chibiinubaka and i are going to be cosplaying China and Russia respectively. And we're both really short (which works out in a way because she's shorter than me by just a little), which is why i thought the idea of being a Chibi Russia. ;D

I'm currently trying to convince my guy friend to cosplay Hetalia with us and he told me to pick a country for him. The problem is, he's really tall compared to us. XD; (5'7" vs 5'1" OTL)

So i was wondering if you guys can give me a suggestion of who might be able to match his stature when he stands next to us. I was thinking of something ironic where he cosplays someone really short. ;D But i dunno. Should his cosplay be related to either China or Russia at all or should he be someone unrelated to us and just cosplay as someone tall?

Xailyn
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
I finished Greece!!! 8DDD

I just need to find a period of time where I can put everything on.

(Okay, so, I didn't totally make all of it. Greece is easy enough to closet cosplay...and I still need to make the cross *forgot its name, bad Greek girl, bad.*)
<3

ycysusan2001
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have the pictures of Taiwan and Revolutionary War?

kimuhalu
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out what is on Germany's collar (right in the middle) it's a + shape. Is it an Iron Cross? How would I attach that or is it a necklace/medal?

At this site (http://www.1944shop.com/index1.html) the crosses have a pin back, but I don't know how/where it was actually worn or if Hidekaz just designed it there just because. (Wikipedia does say it could be worn on the 2nd button, but the image below looks like its on the very top).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/2-22.png

-EDIT- Would you call it the Grand Cross? (ALSO, Wiki says a guy named Göring wore a Grand Cross around his neck in some photos)

Thanks.

Lowah
01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out what is on Germany's collar (right in the middle) it's a + shape. Is it an Iron Cross? How would I attach that or is it a necklace/medal?

At this site (http://www.1944shop.com/index1.html) the crosses have a pin back, but I don't know how/where it was actually worn or if Hidekaz just designed it there just because. (Wikipedia does say it could be worn on the 2nd button, but the image below looks like its on the very top).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/2-22.png

-EDIT- Would you call it the Grand Cross? (ALSO, Wiki says a guy named Göring wore a Grand Cross around his neck in some photos)

Thanks.

According to what several people at the Hetalia LJ comm say, the cross he wears on his collar is the Iron Cross. Also, based on the comic, he wears the cross as a necklace (he gives one to Italy too). So i'm pretty sure you can make it into a necklace. ;)

@ycysusan - Do u mean Taiwan in the Revolutionary war uniform? I don't think Hidekaz designed an outfit for that yet. O.o But i'm sure google has some ideas what the uniforms did look like.

kimuhalu
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
^Thank you very much! I haven't read that much Hetalia yet.

Xailyn
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Okay. I'm being a lazy butt.
I need color pictures of Prussia.

And I'm wondering...is anyone here going to Zenkaikon? Because...you know...
That con is held in King of Prussia, PA. >D

Rekka
02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Hiya guys. Hetalia is certainly getting popular, don't ya think? =D

I've cosplayed Prussia (pics in my profile) and closet!Greece before, and plan on bringing Russia to SakuraCon this year along with a group.

I'm just wondering...where would you find the little star thing attached to ribbon on Russia's coat? How would you make it? Etc...

Ref pics: http://media.photobucket.com/image/russia%20hetalia/Stableangel3579/hetalia/13.jpg?o=54
http://media.photobucket.com/image/russia%20hetalia/toku-san/Hetalia/1215626633257.jpg?o=75

See it? (I'd find better ones, but I've gotta go for now, so I'll check on this board later!)

---

But as for Prussia pics, if you're doing the version I did...I looked at fanarts on photobucket and combined what I saw there to make the costume. I also looked at the "War on Austrian Succession" comic that had Prussia in that garb.

Xailyn
02-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Hiya guys. Hetalia is certainly getting popular, don't ya think? =D

I've cosplayed Prussia (pics in my profile) and closet!Greece before, and plan on bringing Russia to SakuraCon this year along with a group.

I'm just wondering...where would you find the little star thing attached to ribbon on Russia's coat? How would you make it? Etc...

Ref pics: http://media.photobucket.com/image/russia%20hetalia/Stableangel3579/hetalia/13.jpg?o=54
http://media.photobucket.com/image/russia%20hetalia/toku-san/Hetalia/1215626633257.jpg?o=75

See it? (I'd find better ones, but I've gotta go for now, so I'll check on this board later!)

---

But as for Prussia pics, if you're doing the version I did...I looked at fanarts on photobucket and combined what I saw there to make the costume. I also looked at the "War on Austrian Succession" comic that had Prussia in that garb.

YOU. YOU ARE THE REASON I WANT TO COSPLAY PRUSSIA.
I love your photoshoot pictures by the way. <3

Darkdreamyr
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
So I have a friend who's going to make Romano's (South Italy) uniform top for me. As I'm more of a prop-maker and can't follow patterns to save my life. But I have a hell of a time finding a good pattern to use for it. (Not to mention good clear pictures)

What have other people used around here?

benihime
02-02-2009, 06:38 PM
i'm going to cosplay canada ^_^
although i might have to think of another outfit besides his coat b/c it's going to be may in texas...wayyyy too hot

Rekka
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
YOU. YOU ARE THE REASON I WANT TO COSPLAY PRUSSIA.
I love your photoshoot pictures by the way. <3

Haha, really? Thanks! I'm flattered. =3

Whiteair
02-03-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm gonna cosplay as Austria ^^
but planning to cosplay as Japan tho~~~~~~
what do you guys think??
Austria playing piano, Austria play violin, Austria holding a baton?
maybe piano its impossible >_>
since piano is so heavy I can't bring it to a con -_- lol
so what do you think??

AstaChan
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Progressing. Mhuhahaha! My Romano wig is done <3333333
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1888005/

Now.... continue on to the costume! <333

Xailyn
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Haha, really? Thanks! I'm flattered. =3
Gaaaah. I saw your pictures on the comm, and I was all "<333" and yeah. And.

*loves on*

Shii Arisugawa
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM

Abarero
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey guys! I'm working on a cosplay for America and I was wondering if you had any tips on how to attach his cross belt to the one around his waist? Or if there's some way to buy belts like that?

AstaChan
02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Updated!........... NEW Character Add to Hetalia Family by Himaruya sensei!!!! I freaked because it's THAILAND!!!! http://himaruya.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-467.html
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I AM So Cosplay him! <333333 (I'm Thai, after all. mhuhahahaha)

Mr. Despair
02-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Waah xD I've completed an England cosplay that I'll be wearing at Momocon this year to go along with my friend's America.
I've also got an almost finished Italy costume and I do plan on cosplaying Chibitalia sometime soon (with a HRE as well) and Poland. xD

I'll post pictures of England once I can!

MajinCrystalia
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Herro~! I need halp! I can't seem to find BDUs in the correct color for America. ;~;

Tooru18
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Thailand was added! *le gasp*

Hello everyone! *plotting three Hetalia cosplay* I am going as UK, Egypt, and Russia soonish. My America and Lithuania say so. << >>

So far, my group has Poland/France, Lithuania, Germany/N. Italy, Russia/UK, and China. ^^

now, how to make Egypt's hat...thing... : O

Abarero
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Herro~! I need halp! I can't seem to find BDUs in the correct color for America. ;~;

http://www.bdu.com/

Has them in most colors, including an appropriately HERO colored khaki!

MajinCrystalia
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
...why didn't I know this being Ex-Military?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Well, some of my buddies on other threads were talking about Hetalia and i watched some...loved it! Now, of course, i need to cosplay from it. As to who i'm cosplaying...i dont know yet. haha. It usually takes me a while to decide when a series has so many to pick from.

madde-chan
02-07-2009, 03:23 PM
....sweden would be pretty awesome for me to do, since yeah. right place for it!
though..... America has Komui's voice, and seems to have the same personality. plus the glasses. so I'll probably cosplay him, yes. wooooooh~~

AstaChan
02-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Thailand is done! XD http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia/715737.html
*Le Gasp* XDXDXD I'm too fast *dies*

Xailyn
02-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Thailand is done! XD http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia/715737.html
*Le Gasp* XDXDXD I'm too fast *dies*

Asta I loooooove your Thailand~ <3 You're just so cute as him x3

Aikoh
02-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Can anyone recommend any patterns for the U.K. or direct me somewhere for military patterns? I'm still looking m'self, of course, but I'm also not talented enough to make my own patterns except for Prussia's uniform. And I have to put him aside to focus on the U.K. because a friend of mine and I are cosplaying as the U.S. and the U.K. for a convention that's being held over the Fourth of July weekend fffff.

Okay. I'm being a lazy butt.
I need color pictures of Prussia.

And I'm wondering...is anyone here going to Zenkaikon? Because...you know...
That con is held in King of Prussia, PA. >D

I uploaded this (http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/glycosuria/Hetalia/Character%20Designs/20080601165733.jpg) reference image of the Prussian and Austrian uniforms from Himaruya's blog. Prussia's is the one on the left.

I'm gonna cosplay as Austria ^^
but planning to cosplay as Japan tho~~~~~~
what do you guys think??
Austria playing piano, Austria play violin, Austria holding a baton?
maybe piano its impossible >_>
since piano is so heavy I can't bring it to a con -_- lol
so what do you think??

You could possibly use a portable keyboard, but it might not be worth the money if you aren't already a pianist, not to mention it's probably not as elegant looking as a grand piano. Some convention hotels do have pianos that you might be able to pose around, though, maybe you can ask around at the convention forums. I love the baton idea!

Xailyn
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks Aikoh. ^^ Now to find me a wig.

Piggynukka
02-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Hoping you Hetalia folks can give me some help.

I'm looking to cosplay Ukraine for a convention that's coming up. I've figured out how I'm going to do everything except her shirt! I know there's a name for that kind of shirt or the sleeves that are on it but I have no idea what it is. Typing in 'Poofy Sleeves' on google is giving me nothing. Does anyone know what they are called?

Ref:http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/-Boogiepop-/1219697737270.jpg

Kyora
02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
For a convention over Halloween weekend, I'm planning on my first cosplay of mai husbando Gilbert (aka Prussia)~ <3 Was going to cosplay Hungary except I think we have two already, and a Russia, UKe, and well... All that was missing was my favorite character ufufufu~

Except before I start I need to work on crossplaying in general, first.

Heimdall
02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Can anyone recommend any patterns for the U.K. or direct me somewhere for military patterns? I'm still looking m'self, of course, but I'm also not talented enough to make my own patterns except for Prussia's uniform. And I have to put him aside to focus on the U.K. because a friend of mine and I are cosplaying as the U.S. and the U.K. for a convention that's being held over the Fourth of July weekend fffff.

sewingpatterns.com has some military uniforms patterns, the only problem is that they're only downloadable...you can't get them on Paper T_T

just type Uniform in the search box if you're still interested though...

Kuro Yue
02-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I totally forgot to join this thread. Hehe.

Back in November-ish I got roped into a Hetalia group for a convention in May. I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to wear a German uniform (I love those uniforms so much).

Currently working on the pants mock-up. Yay poof-pants!

MegumiHime
02-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm slightly considering cosplaying either North Italy or Ukraine.

kimuhalu
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
I totally forgot to join this thread. Hehe.

Back in November-ish I got roped into a Hetalia group for a convention in May. I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to wear a German uniform (I love those uniforms so much).

Currently working on the pants mock-up. Yay poof-pants!

How are you making them poof? I wasn't gonna add it to my pants, but I do wanna have the option open.

Mangochutney
02-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Just finished up the second-to-last bit of (the other) Korea and had to come here to flail about it. :D Forgive me. I can't wait to wear her.

Mr. Despair
02-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I've come in search for reference pictures, aru. xD
Does anyone by any chance know were to go or if anyone has one; a good reference of the uniforms America and UK wore durring the War for Independence from Britian? I was thinking if there are no actual colour references we would have to actually do research and see how the uniforms looked back then and then go from there. xD

I'm also looking for a good reference of Chibitalia. xD; Either Anime or Manga but I'm more partial to the manga outfit personally. I've found plenty for the manga outfit but I'm not sure of the colours on the outfit. xD So any help would be much apperciated.

And just because.. Progress pictures of my UK costume. 8D;
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/l_8f954635052a462082f3d7d1818fc912.jpg

Kuro Yue
02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
How are you making them poof? I wasn't gonna add it to my pants, but I do wanna have the option open.

I pretty much just drew a curve on the fabric; I'm trying to strike a decent balance between historical accuracy and Hetalia-accuracy. So they don't have crazy poof, but they're poofier than they were in WWII.

EDIT - Mr Despair - I found different coloured drawings from Himaruya when I was perusing his blog archives, and I'm pretty sure Chibitalia's outfit is all-white.

And so far your UK is win. :D

Abarero
02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I've come in search for reference pictures, aru. xD
Does anyone by any chance know were to go or if anyone has one; a good reference of the uniforms America and UK wore durring the War for Independence from Britian? I was thinking if there are no actual colour references we would have to actually do research and see how the uniforms looked back then and then go from there. xD

I'm also looking for a good reference of Chibitalia. xD; Either Anime or Manga but I'm more partial to the manga outfit personally. I've found plenty for the manga outfit but I'm not sure of the colours on the outfit. xD So any help would be much apperciated.

Here's the official color scheme by Hidekaz for the Revolutionary War uniforms:
http://i41.tinypic.com/bitdds.jpg

And here's a few I had of colored Chibitalia;
http://i43.tinypic.com/25jchah.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2eohb4p.jpg

Hope that helps!

phantomthief
02-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh man, just got introduced to Hetalia over Katsucon weekend (I had a China in my room who kept saying "Aru" X3) and... MUST COSPLAY RUSSIA.

Or mini Russia as it were. I might make a Bloody Sunday variant just for effect (That was one of my favorite strips T_________T)

~Ari

benihime
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
okay so it turns out i might not have time/money to actually make canada's jacket.
i was thinking of wearing a dress shirt/tie and then have a canada pin?

or any other ideas you guys might have?

Abarero
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
okay so it turns out i might not have time/money to actually make canada's jacket.
i was thinking of wearing a dress shirt/tie and then have a canada pin?

or any other ideas you guys might have?

My friend is doing Canada's red hoodie with a Canadian flag on the front. All she had to do was get a red hoodie and iron-on the flag.

benihime
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
My friend is doing Canada's red hoodie with a Canadian flag on the front. All she had to do was get a red hoodie and iron-on the flag.

.... is that from a fanart or from the actual comic? sorry i'm a bit of a noob.
but yeah that does seem a bit easier XD

Runi-Chan
02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I cosplayed England over Katsucon weekend (uniform version), and my friend's roped me into being her Red Coat England (to her Revolutionary America). Eventually I want to cosplay Italy in all his various outfits, including Chibitalia.
[that strip just about broke my heart it was so adorable! But then the more I read of Hetalia, the more I realized who HRE 'grew up' to be.]

My future America was also my Canada this past weekend as well, ^^

Abarero
02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
.... is that from a fanart or from the actual comic? sorry i'm a bit of a noob.
but yeah that does seem a bit easier XD

It's from the comic.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2lo0gva.gif

Everyone assumes the hoodie is red and that the sketchy design behind his bear is the Canadian flag, since sort of like the 50 on America's jacket, Hidekaz doesn't draw it in every panel.

benihime
02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
ahhhhh yes that's definitely better. still hot but better XD

i wonder what type of pants he's wearing then? hmmm

Abarero
02-18-2009, 06:23 PM
ahhhhh yes that's definitely better. still hot but better XD

i wonder what type of pants he's wearing then? hmmm

I've seen cosplayers do both jeans and khakis with it.

And I already know I'm going to burn up in my America cosplay. A shirt, a uniform jacket and a bomber jacket? Oh yeah, I'll be hot. XD

AstaChan
02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
*Pops up out of nowhere* My Romano is done!!!!!!!!!!!! (too fast damnit!)
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/203187/

I will be remaking him sometimes soon after I'm done with Prussia and remaking of England XD The problems are the color wasn't right and I hate the cheap fabric i used. -w-

Mr. Despair
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Thank you both for the help! Me and my America were looking for actual Hetalia references for those outfits. ^_^

As for Chibitalia, I'm still not so sure about where to start but those pictures do help. Thankies. ^-^

Abarero
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you both for the help! Me and my America were looking for actual Hetalia references for those outfits. ^_^

Yeah, I'd pulled it awhile back since my England and I are considering doing those outfits in the future XD

Mr. Despair
02-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I'd pulled it awhile back since my England and I are considering doing those outfits in the future XD

Oh really? xD Fun fun, keep me updated on how that goes. My America and I want to get started on those outfits pretty soon but at the moment I kind of got my hands full.

yukiishiro
02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I've been crazy about Hetalia for the past 3 months... so for club yearbook pictures, I made my club cosplay Hetalia. (owo); In the end a couple officers and I got together costumes for around 18 ish people. I made Korea, Sealand, Hong Kong, Russia, Japan & Belarus. I found military uniforms for Prussia, Italy, and Spain, in my closet. The other cosplays were of Seychelles [whom I cosplayed], China, Cuba, Hungary, Austria, Egypt, Belgium, Liectenstein & Germany. It was pretty epic. XD I don't have any group pictures yet, yearbook hasn't sent them to me.

Anyway I'm fairly dissatisfied with the way the Russia & Sealand costume came out due to time restrictions. [i had a week to come up with costumes. I wasn't told about pictures until the week before ><] Those were done very last minute & I had to draft my own patterns for both of them..... They fit fine, but the problem with them was the choice of fabric! I'm wondering what type of fabric & color I should use for Russia's jacket. I plan to remake it in the near future [before Fanimecon!] Any help is appreciated~

Shii Arisugawa
02-19-2009, 11:40 PM

benihime
02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks for the links shii, i actually could use two of those in another costume that i'm planning~

AstaChan
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
I finished Tuna-chan (a prop/purse/fish thing, I got the idea from this (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Blehing/Axis%20Powers%20Hetalia/Seychelles/1182173412_1.jpg) fanart) for my Seychelles costume! I have some pics in my gallery (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/139505/), the rest including progress pictures + notes are up on my lj (http://shiimapan.livejournal.com/45292.html)!

I saw some people were looking for patterns, and it would take me forever and a day to quote each post, so instead I'll just list some I've come across and might be useful for Hetalia coats and jackets:

McCall's: 8701 (http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M8701.htm??tab=costumes&page=6), 4745 (http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4745.htm??tab=costumes&page=4)

Simplicity: 2895 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=2895), 4059 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4059), 2812 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=2812), 2858 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=2858), 3562 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=3562), 3959 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=3959), 2762 (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=2762)

I hope these help some of you guys, and if I find any more I'll be sure to add them!!

XD I did used McCall's 4745 as base pattern in somes of mine too! XD, great work finding them X3

Kuro Yue
02-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm butchering the 4745 as well. :D

disco_spok
02-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm going to be doing ancient rome as part of a hetalia group cosplay.
Does anyone have good reference pictures for him?

Runi-Chan
02-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm going to be doing ancient rome as part of a hetalia group cosplay.
Does anyone have good reference pictures for him?

No, but OH MAH GOD GRANDPA ROME!

Rekka
02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
BTW. Totally pimping my Hetalia group.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1873585/

Too bad some showed up late and some were wandering around who-knows-where, but...it's still an awesome photo.

Xailyn
02-22-2009, 12:56 AM

Too bad some showed up late and some were wandering around who-knows-where, but...it's still an awesome photo.
*loves on you hard for your awesome Prussia-ness and runs away*

benihime
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM

EPIC group XD

facebreak
02-22-2009, 02:32 AM
I myself am working on a Prussia cosplay. <3
Though, I do have a question.
What on EARTH is his eye color? D:
I've seen some official art with blue eyes and red eyes. But predominantly, it seems to be violet. Any insight for me?

Rekka
02-22-2009, 04:17 AM
@Xailyn: Noooo! Don't run awayyyy! *wanted to love on due to being loved on*

@Benihime: Thanks. =3 It took us about three months to gather these people.

@Facebreak: Well, if I had gotten contacts I would've gotten red, just because it contrasts so much with his hair, so it looks soooooo cool in fanarts, so I'd assume it would in cosplay as well.

Abarero
02-22-2009, 04:22 AM
I myself am working on a Prussia cosplay. <3
Though, I do have a question.
What on EARTH is his eye color? D:
I've seen some official art with blue eyes and red eyes. But predominantly, it seems to be violet. Any insight for me?

From the official color schematic for his eyes, it seems to be a blend of three colors

http://i39.tinypic.com/bjiel2.png

MegumiHime
02-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Any suggestions for what material I should use for North Italy?

Kuro Yue
02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Personally, I'd go with something similar to wool (if not wool itself), as that was what was used for most uniforms back in WWII. A matte twill, or cotton, or heavier polyester might suffice.

MegumiHime
02-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Personally, I'd go with something similar to wool (if not wool itself), as that was what was used for most uniforms back in WWII. A matte twill, or cotton, or heavier polyester might suffice.

That's what I was thinking my self. Just hopefully I can find something similar to it considering that it's not wool season ;_;

Tooru18
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Are pipes allowed at cons usually? :/ I was going to try Russia for my Lithuania and I wanted to tear a pipe apart and shove a sunflower into it... but.... =3=

disco_spok
02-23-2009, 01:15 PM
It will depend on the con.
Are you talking like a smoking pipe? or like metal pipe?

And I'm still looking for Ancient Rome Pics anything will do I got a couple from the anime but I'd like more/better references.

Tooru18
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Like a PVC pipe.... with a sink head and everything! xD Like what Russia uses to beat people. JK

disco_spok
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
That shouldn't be a problem but I'd still check each cons specific rules.

Kitsune-sama
02-24-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm Russia.

Only because my friends insist that I should. I mean, it's not like I'm obsessed with that country, or have a few loveable Russian psycho original characters or anything.

Oh wait. :P

AstaChan
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Another cosplay from Hetalia...(98%) done!!! It's..... Prussia <333 http://astachan.livejournal.com/10067.html
Darn....this is the proof how much I obssessed with the series....

Tooru18
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
YUSH! I have two Hetalia cosplays planned. UK and Russia. I might have UK by Halloween. ^^

Kasy_C.
02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I want to be North Italy at some point, but a full military uniform would be really hot for summer cons! Do you think any of his other outfits would be recognisable?

Otherwise I'll just wait until next Katsu. It would be a nice comfy outfit for winter!

Xailyn
02-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Another cosplay from Hetalia...(98%) done!!! It's..... Prussia <333 http://astachan.livejournal.com/10067.html

Uwaaah. Wry so awesome, Prussia?

What material did you use, by the way~? c:

phantomthief
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I wonder if security would be annoyed if I ran around with XS condom box as Russia XD Filled with CANDY! :D

Kitsune-sama
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Does anyone have any tips for Russia's actual faucet?

I bought a lead pipe today, but they had no faucets at the hardware store.

(Btw, why does it seem like Kuroshitsuji cosplayers also cosplay APH? xD WEIRD)

Mr. Despair
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I want to be North Italy at some point, but a full military uniform would be really hot for summer cons! Do you think any of his other outfits would be recognisable?

Otherwise I'll just wait until next Katsu. It would be a nice comfy outfit for winter!

I'm going to be going as N. Italy in the "sailor casual" outfit until I can get around to make his uniform. I actually don't know if it'll be recognised or not. xD;

I personally think you'd be recognized by Hetalia fans no matter what you do wear.. I think the curl will tip them off. xD

benihime
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
or you could make sure they do by running around with a flag? XD

Rekka
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM

Woohoo, a fellow Prussia! I love the eyes~

Rekka
02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Does anyone have any tips for Russia's actual faucet?

I bought a lead pipe today, but they had no faucets at the hardware store.

(Btw, why does it seem like Kuroshitsuji cosplayers also cosplay APH? xD WEIRD)

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. =X I was thinking about going to Home Depot to look around, but I'm not sure on how much money the faucet would cost. They sell those sorts of things, but I dunno if I wanna pay a lot of money for something like that when I might be able to make it (somehow) for cheaper.

(And it's because they're apart of my big fandoms right now so I'm cosplaying them? =D)

Runi-Chan
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
You will definitely will want to make or find a cheap faucet, because all the ones you find in Home Depot will be for actual use and probably about thirty bucks,at least. (Works at THD)

AstaChan
02-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Uwaaah. Wry so awesome, Prussia?

What material did you use, by the way~? c:
I used Solid Quilt Fabric on the Uniform, with the lining inside.

Well, Anyway... silly question but anyone can tell me where I can buy Flags (other than USA Flag)? Online or in store maybe?

benihime
02-26-2009, 02:06 AM

Well, Anyway... silly question but anyone can tell me where I can buy Flags (other that USA Flag)? Online or in store maybe?

i just searched for the canadian flag on ebay and found quite a few matches. if you want something smaller you should search for "miniature flag"

Mr. Despair
02-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Well, Anyway... silly question but anyone can tell me where I can buy Flags (other than USA Flag)? Online or in store maybe?

Ebay is a good place to look~ I got my Polish flag off of ebay.
But by any chance are there any Army/Navy stores near you? Some do sell other nations' flags. We managed to get out US/UK/Italy and French flags at a local one. My friend kinda slipped up and got the wrong Russia flag though. >_> She got the Soviet Russia one instead.

Cerisa
02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm another aspiring North Italy here :D I figure the uniform would be a bit tricky to do, but I'm hoping to make it anyway (now if only Jo Ann would stock the right fabrics in the right colors when you need 'em).

What would be a good site for acquiring boots like his from, though? I've tried looking about, though shoes seem to be one of the tough parts to find when it comes to the more "elaborate" costumes I've done.

Kasy_C: There's a few different props you could carry around if you want to clue anyone in to who you are :3 Maybe you could get/make a white flag and wave it around, or bring a slice of fake plastic pizza (or fake "PASTAAAA"!). And then, there's the red ladies' boot we see him with in the ending sequence if you wanna do a "toast to the boot". And then there's also that idea of having an Italian flag with you. Good luck with your cosplay, whichever outfit you do!

Kasy_C.
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
I may do the casual, sailor collar outfit first then make the full uniform in time for next winter. Super easy outfit especialy since I can use my own hair (just need to make a little curl extention ^_^ )! Props are always fun!

oncomingbeige
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh hai Hetalia thread~
I cosplayed Canada at Ohayocon last month :D In his red-sweatshirt outfit.
Pics here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/204296/
Next I really wanna do Ukraine. X3 The girls need more love, plus she's my heritage, so!

Shii Arisugawa
03-17-2009, 02:49 AM

AstaChan
03-17-2009, 02:54 AM
lol It's almost been a month with no new posts here? SHOCKING.

I finished my Seychelles (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/200323/) costume this weekend, and have spammed it about everywhere else 'cept this topic so I apologize if you've already seen it twice, thrice, err... you get the idea. ^^;; I have a lot more posted on my lj (http://shiimapan.livejournal.com/47719.html), including links to progress pictures and construction notes! I hope to see an increase in Seychelles cosplayers now that she's made her scanlation debut! ^3^

Your Seychelles is so cute! So sad I couldn't make it to AX to see it in person ;__;

sunbeam482
03-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Wooooo so I'm new to the Hetalia thread~ I just bought fabric and patterns between the last two weeks to prepare my group for Acen (aagh not that much time e.e). I'll be cosplaying Hungary (green dress) and will be making my friends Austria and America cosplays. I'll also probably be making another friend Germany in the future.

So, if you don't mind me asking a question, for those of you who cosplayed or are planning on cosplaying America, where did you get your jacket? I understand that anything we find is going to require alteration, but my friend and I have each perused ebay with no luck and have checked a couple stores. We were still planning to check all the Salvation Army's and Goodwill's around here, but where did the rest of you have luck? Or did you make your it? Thanks.

PunkRockPanic
03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
ALRIGHT HETALIAAAAA~
I got into the series because it was getting really popular so I finally checked it out a few weeks ago, I love ittttt~
I'm planning Taiwan (based on the fanart I see of her), Hungary (I love her military uniform!) and maybe Chibitalia.
...Well, I just found a new thread to hang around in xD WOO.

MegumiHime
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Just finished my Italy jacket last night. I swear to god, that thing was probably the most painful cosplay I've made in a long, long time. I won't be making South Italy as well, like I originally planned. I do want to make chibitalia and possibly casual! Italy too.

AstaChan
03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Alright... spam it here as well, My Liechtenstein (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/207796/) and Austria (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/208716/) Are finished. ^^ more hetalia to come...lol I'm really obsessed with this! XD

Aqua's Rhapsody
03-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Man, I hope I have time to work on Chibitalia this year! He is SO adorable! >X3

ycysusan2001
03-18-2009, 02:01 AM
I plan to make Revolutionary War US cos for Fanime in 2 months. Im just wondering if anyone have official picture for it. thanks.

Beside that~ I finish my Taiwan~~ photo in my album~

PunkRockPanic
03-18-2009, 02:19 AM
@AstaChan: Ahh, hooray, Liechtenstein cosplay xD
@ycysusan: Ahhh You're going to Fanime too? Awesome QoQ Also, your Taiwan is beautiful~
I'LL HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE EVENTUALLY. *brick'd*

tsumikuroi
03-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Alright... spam it here as well, My Liechtenstein (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/207796/) and Austria (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/208716/) Are finished. ^^ more hetalia to come...lol I'm really obsessed with this! XD

Hellfires... is there anything you CAN'T do? -stares in awe-

phantomthief
03-18-2009, 03:52 AM
I get to start on Russia soon! A friend of mine is going to be normal Russia, I'm psycho Russia XD Time to bust out the fake blood... @__@
I feel kind of bad since it won't wash out, though ^.^;;; Maybe I'll just get it on the scarf and gloves...

~Ari

MegumiHime
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I plan to make Revolutionary War US cos for Fanime in 2 months. Im just wondering if anyone have official picture for it. thanks.

Beside that~ I finish my Taiwan~~ photo in my album~

From my knowledge, there is no official Revolutionary War uniforms for Hetalia. I've asked around my self, and everyone I've asked says it's just a fan art concept.

kimuhalu
03-18-2009, 11:42 AM
On pages 75 - 78 of Hetalia manga vol. 1, there are panels of America and England in Revolutionary garb.

-EDIT-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/rev-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/rev-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/rev-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hiei_kurama27/cosplay/rev-4.jpg

phantomthief
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Funny thing, I just found the wig I bought way back when for my Ion Fortuna costume which fell through... Which would make a fantastic Russia wig O_O

It was meant to be XD

~Ari

Seiyora
03-19-2009, 12:12 AM
From my knowledge, there is no official Revolutionary War uniforms for Hetalia. I've asked around my self, and everyone I've asked says it's just a fan art concept.

Actually, I'm (pretty sure) there is!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh228/your_fated_gamble/APHflats/20080603152317.jpg

(Regardless, I've seen pictures/reproductions of the historical uniforms, the one above is quite close.)

Anyway, I found it here; I'm pretty sure all the artwork in this album is official: http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh228/your_fated_gamble/APHflats/

MegumiHime
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Actually, I'm (pretty sure) there is!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh228/your_fated_gamble/APHflats/20080603152317.jpg

(Regardless, I've seen pictures/reproductions of the historical uniforms, the one above is quite close.)

Anyway, I found it here; I'm pretty sure all the artwork in this album is official: http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh228/your_fated_gamble/APHflats/

Thanks for the link. Why am I tempted to do Italy in the summer boys uniform? XD

Mr. Despair
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I have all the material and everything to start on Chibitalia. I've decided to go with the off pink colour dress (manga colour?) instead of the green in the anime. I'm just biased against the colour green. xD

You're going to attempt the Rev!War coats too? ._. It saddens me.. I'm wanting to to England's outfit but I want to make the coat out of velvet.. which is anywhere from 11-16 dollars a yard; and I'm not that confident in my sewing abilities yet. Does anyone have any other fabric alternitive that would give the coat the same effect?

MegumiHime
03-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I have all the material and everything to start on Chibitalia. I've decided to go with the off pink colour dress (manga colour?) instead of the green in the anime. I'm just biased against the colour green. xD

You're going to attempt the Rev!War coats too? ._. It saddens me.. I'm wanting to to England's outfit but I want to make the coat out of velvet.. which is anywhere from 11-16 dollars a yard; and I'm not that confident in my sewing abilities yet. Does anyone have any other fabric alternitive that would give the coat the same effect?

Microsuede or generic suede would probably be your best bet. It's easy to work with and such one of my fabric weaknesses. I absolutely love it.

ycysusan2001
03-19-2009, 10:57 PM
kesshoutan: thanks for the picture~

Cerisa
03-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Mr.Despair: Ooh, Chibitalia :D Actually, his manga dress is meant to be brown, though pink was a common color used in fanart for it (and it does look prettier and more "feminine" than the brown, I'll say that). On Himaruya's art blog there are at least two color illustrations of Chibitalia, and his dress is colored a sort of medium brown. The ribbon hanging off his collar is colored different in each, though: In one it's red, while in the other it's blue. I've seen a lot of Cure cosplayers who have fun mixing it up though, so any pastel sort of femmy color will work fine for him, especially pink.

Fanart tends to also use the pink color scheme for younger Romano's dress, too, now that I think about it. Good luck with your cosplay!

Colored manga Chibitalia illustrations by Himaruya:
http://kitayume.xsrv.jp/?no=2&view=11
http://kitayume.xsrv.jp/?no=2&view=12

ETA: Now that I think about it, that dress looks somewhat different than his "usual" one (which has longer puffed sleeves). I found another picture on the blog with it, and it appears to be greenish there like the anime version. So he's got two different dresses, a brown one and a green one ;^^

-

I'm still wavering over whether to be North or South Italy. Blue twill, especially in a similar shade to Veneziano's, has been hard to find at the fabric stores (so I might opt to order it online somewhere). I've seen a bolt of khaki twill at Jo Ann's, but it looks a little too light for Romano, whether I'm doing his 3/4 sleeved outfit or the one that looks like a tan/khaki version of Veneziano's (seen in the anime and the published manga).

However, I might opt and do Veneziano's GREEN uniform, which I don't think anybody has really done yet. If anyone else still hasn't seen Himaruya's new costume designs for N.Italy, Finland, Prussia, and Germany, they're here:
http://kitayume.xsrv.jp/comics/

There's some other cute Italy designs there too, and Finland's are neat too ^^

Mr. Despair
03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Cerisa~ Thank you so much for explaining that to me. For the longest I had no clue what Chibitalia's cannon comic dress colour was. Though I think I'm going to stick with the pink just because it's more pleasent of a colour and I've already bought up the material. xD Also thank you for the references they're helping out a lot!

MegumiHime~ Suede, I never thought about that. I think I might go with that! xD

phantomthief
03-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Anyone have a suggestion for Russia's haircolor? The wig I have is color 24 and I'm not fond of it abou half the time XD
I was thinking 613A (platinum blonde) but it's just too yellow >_< Curse you Cyperous not shipping overseas @_@ I love their Milk Tea color.

Kitsune-sama
03-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm trying to get as pale as blonde as I can for Russia without it being white. And it's REALLY difficult. Right now, I'm using a dirty blonde wig to hold me over, (and yeah, it looks horrid, but it's all I got)

So I'd say platinum blonde :3

Rekka
03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't go with platinum blonde...that was supposedly the color of my Prussia wig, and it's very white and not-so-much like Russia' hair color. (Pics are in my gallery).

Russia's hair is more...tan? Not sure what color that would be, though. (Looking at the card: http://fc32.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/010/c/8/Hetalia_Tradin_Card_Collection_by_KingdomKeyblade. jpg)

Cora
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't go with platinum blonde...that was supposedly the color of my Prussia wig, and it's very white and not-so-much like Russia' hair color. (Pics are in my gallery).

Russia's hair is more...tan? Not sure what color that would be, though. (Looking at the card: http://fc32.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/010/c/8/Hetalia_Tradin_Card_Collection_by_KingdomKeyblade. jpg)

"Dirty blond" :)

I'd say a color 22 or 24.

Edit: Phantomtheif - I don't think 613A would be such a great color for Russia...it just looks way unnatural :( I'd go with plain 613 if you don't want a darker blonde color.

AstaChan
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Also working on Russia. I ordered one which they said is "pale blond" still don't have it yet but as far as I could see It would make a nice Russia wig. (or at the least it would from my monitor O.o) Though I saw some screencaps from Ep 9 Russia's hair in Anime look like silver/gray to me which is very weird O.o But even that, Himaruya sensei's arts itself doesn't really help -w-" Official colors from Himaruya Sensei (http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/hetaliacosplay/000dzafh.jpg)

I agreed with Cora to go with 22. Though I think 613 is too yellow for Russia O.o Never seen 613A with my own eyes yet. So could really tell the different.

And My Prussia wig, I went for Silver/White just because I looked really weird with white wig ;w; Pic HERE (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1920807/)

AxeldeLioncourt
03-24-2009, 03:42 AM
I'm doing Canada for my APH group in AWA and for the random Lulz at Otakon, however I can't find the correct colors for his coat. Some pictures it's a white coat with brown fur collar, another it's a tan coat with white fur collar. I know Otakon isn't till July, but I have like... too many costumes to be done in time for that so any help with reference pictures would be wonderful! Or as Germany would say: "Vundurbar!" XD

Also, I'm going to make the polar bear a plush backpack or use a old Ty Canada beanie baby bear I might have in the old collection before they are soon to be auctioned off for more cosplay specialty fabrics n things.

Abarero
03-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Finally got all our photos sorted from Naka-Kon. Here's images of our group's America, England and Canada cosplays!

Liberty Memorial Photoshoot (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/143377/)

At-Convention/Crown Center (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/144174/)

You can see better quality images on our Flickr stream here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenshinspants/sets/).

MajinCrystalia
03-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I decided to use Khaki BDUs because I can't find the dark brown ones anywhere. Either that or I can actually alternate between OD and Khaki! XD
Now I need to get some test shots up when everything gets here. I just need the brown tie, gloves, a good belt with a sliding gold buckle, and maybe rig a strap onto that belt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200321631560
huzzah! Now to just get a star patch.

Mr. Despair
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Majin~ My friend ended up using acrilic paint to paint of the star, 50, and the plane. Maybe that could be an option? I'm not too artistic so I wouldn't do it but it ended up turning out nice.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/MiniTransie/cooooosplay/DSCF1587.jpg

Aqua's Rhapsody
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Man, I love Russia, but so many people are doing him. Maybe I'll stick with adorable Chibitalia >X3

MajinCrystalia
03-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Majin~ My friend ended up using acrilic paint to paint of the star, 50, and the plane. Maybe that could be an option? I'm not too artistic so I wouldn't do it but it ended up turning out nice.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/MiniTransie/cooooosplay/DSCF1587.jpg

I may just be doing the star for now. I have someone who may be getting me a patch for it. I just forked out 300+ last night on eBay so I don't knwo if I'm getting those Khaki BDUs yet. D=

Mr. Despair
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh wow, I understand. I need a new set of green BDUs for Lithuania; or atleast a top that matches my England pants. I want to make that symbol on his coat but not on my England coat which at the moment is doubling over for both.

AstaChan
03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking about altering my old England uniform (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/193210/) to Lituania's Uniform for my sister too (since we are same size) So I can have a lituania for my Baltic shoot XD
And here's some progressing of my Russia Coat. CLICK! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/astachan/DSC_0523.jpg)

AnimeLore
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
hey guys. i'm trying to put together Prussia's Gakuen Hetalia outfit. the problem i'm having is figuring out what is on his shirt.

Gakuen!Prussia (http://pics.curecos.com/satodai/pics/b/bc/bc64a210983986d764e0-700.jpg?Signature=CMLrbNG%2F0cjXDyg1GyUw5a9X6Zk&AccessKey=PWr4PN8gbNBuzm0a&Expires=1238645155)

That's the only gakuen!prussia cosplayer i've found that has a seemingly correct shirt. Anyone have a clue what's on it? It looks like a crest of some sort. Thanks in advance!

benihime
04-02-2009, 01:20 AM
got my canada wig styled ^_^

http://benihme-chan.deviantart.com/art/OH-CANADA-117837228

AstaChan
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
benihime : The ahoge looked awesome there XD

Also, My Russia s done <33 http://www.cosplay.com/costume/211640/

MajinCrystalia
04-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Waiting for my jacket in the mail before I can take test shots. The costume will be far from done because I'll be substituting some items with temporary ones.

Bella Luna
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I'd like to someday try to cosplay as Poland or someone else. However, right now I have my hands full. D:

Kangaskasa
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I'll brobably be doing two Hetalia cosplays this summer; Finland and Latvia. I'm really looking forward to wearing them. But I hope I had somebody to cosplay Sweden with me ^^;

PunkRockPanic
04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey all! I finally have my Taiwan wig~ DURHUR. (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1966146/)
I'm excited to style it and cosplay Taiwan with my friend as Korea xD We're trying to get a group together, hopefully >.>
I'm tempted to cosplay Gakuen!Taiwan, does anyone happen to have pictures of the girl's Gakuen outfits, or do I have to wing it? @_@

Tooru18
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
benihime : The ahoge looked awesome there XD

Also, My Russia s done <33 http://www.cosplay.com/costume/211640/
Holy crap on toast! You are so amazing! =3=

benihime
04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
astachan: thanks! is the ahoge the curl? o.O i've never heard that term before.
ahhhh such a cute russia ^_^ you always do awesome APH cosplays!

tooru: *blushes* thanks. i was considering making a tutorial-ish guide thing since my mukuro trident was so popular but idk

Rika-Chan
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I just got the wig for my Germany cosplay for ACen and it worked out better than I though it would. Just need to get the back wefts to cling to my neck and start chopping at those sideburns!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/Rikachu/SDC11844.jpg

AstaChan
04-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Rika-chan :: O.o Whoa look awesome there so far. Do you mind what wig base did you use for your Germany?

Rika-Chan
04-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure. I just bought the wig from a member on the cosplay.com marketplace ^^;

It was kind of spikey at first though. Almost similar to a punky wig.

double00beaver
04-06-2009, 03:29 AM
Oh great Hetalia cosplayers....help a Poland out?

I really want to cosplay Poland in this school uniform that I see pop up every now and then and well...whether or not it actually appears in the manga, I still want to do it. School Poland (http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj406/anasrameneater/Hetalia/poland.jpg)

But after checking Ebay and Amazon...I can't find a sweater like his at all. I know its an English style but obviously my luck at finding cosplay at 3:30am is slim to none so....help? ^__^;

AstaChan
04-06-2009, 05:08 AM
Rika-chan : I was thinking it looked like punky or rocker... Oh well. XD

double00beaver : If you can sew, you could always made them out of knit fabric. Or even knit the whole thing. (But since I can't knit...I'd say go with sewing ;w;)

Alright, My Norway is progressing. No Pic yet cause my cam die at the moment ;_; I just made sailor collar out of scratch <3 Yay to awesome me XDDDD *got shot*

double00beaver
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Knitting is near impossible for me and sewing is a pain but...its worth Poland. xD

Thank you.

NorthernDwnpour
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi guys~<3 Sorry for semi-reviving a sorta dying thread but I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new post <3

Firstly, does anyone have any official images of Taiwan? I'm considering cosplaying her and the only images I found are this (http://i44.tinypic.com/30242f7.jpg) and this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/zodiku/5298a9b50601a819eaeb8ea0d1757d07.gif) (the latter, someone sent me but they said they weren't sure if it's official :<)

Secondly, help me decide who to cosplay, pretty please :>? I usually just go with the character I like the best, but I'm kinda in love with the whole Hetalia cast ~<3 Hehe, so I'm kinda stuck on this <3 (So far, I'm leaning towards Taiwan but also considering Japan, or Seychelles. Of course, open to any other suggestion <3)

Thank you <3

JadeKat
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Knitting is near impossible for me and sewing is a pain but...its worth Poland. xD

Maybe if you find a sweater that's similar, you could just sew on the cuffs and collar?

MegumiHime
04-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Does anyone have a pattern that they can suggest for Japan? The pattern I picked out for Italy completely failed, so I thought I would come here to ask opinions.

AstaChan
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have a pattern that they can suggest for Japan? The pattern I picked out for Italy completely failed, so I thought I would come here to ask opinions.
Maybe you could check out My Post on Hetalia Cosplay Community (http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia_cosplay/1664.html) There're a lot of patterns you could use for Italy.
As for Japan, I didn't really used pattern ;w; but you could used McCall's 4745 as base. I'm remaking my japan too. After I'm done with Norway that is. My old version look kind of weird XD

Lady_Kana
04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I wanted to know if cosplaywig wig's are good for dying and styling?
Have you ever tried it?

Shii Arisugawa
04-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Kasy_C.
04-11-2009, 12:13 AM
I did my first Hetalia cosplay last weekend at Tekkoshocon...super easy cosplay since I bought most of the outfit and didn't need a wig, but here I am as North Italy: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1978156/

Double00Beaver- Thrift Stores are your friends! I would definately check out some second hand shops in your area before deciding to knit a whole sweater. You'd be amazed at the things you can find!

TheLoyalFox
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Howdy, all.
I'm doing a Germany Cosplay for A-Kon (in progress pictures are in my gallery), but I was wondering about something...

In some pictures of Germany, I see a patch above his sleeve, like in this:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Blehing/Axis%20Powers%20Hetalia/Germany/1232925415929.jpg

Do you all think I should add it? Or go without?
*super indecisive cosplayer is super indecisive*

Mr. Despair
04-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Who else can't wait for episode 13 to come out? <3
Not only was this one of my favorite comics but if it's done right then that means more references for the England and America Rev!war coats! My America and I hope to get these done by AWA, hopefully.

Nekomeishi
04-19-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm finally starting my first Hetalia cosplay -- Chibitalia! ^^
(Though I have three others planned... xD)

I have patterns for everything but the green shirt (yay for Halloween costumes with long skirts and aprons) and I was wondering if anybody knew of a good pattern for it...

MegumiHime
04-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Alright, the list looks like thus far for '09 cosplays:

North Italy - complete! (Just need boots)
Japan - need material, possibly for Otakon
Hetalia Gakuen! Italy - Otakon

I'm sure I'll add more to the list later in the year.

AstaChan
04-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss!! I'm starting my Hetalia Gakuen tonight! XDDDD
Let's see how long will take me to get it done. Wait....I need to make 2, one for my sister XD arggg

TALLESTnicole
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey, I'm a cosplayer who doesn't really like sewing, so I'm trying to get out of it if I can spare a little accuracy for a lot of saved time. Plus, I'm more of a prop person. XD

So anyway, I'm planning on cosplaying either Greece or Spain, who have very similar costumes, and I realized that Dickies sells shirts that look similar to the design in Hetalia, and because Khaki can be a pain to match when you aren't buying a set, buying the pants from Dickies would solve that problem as well.

Shirt: https://secure.armysurplusforless.com/productView.php?id=35
Pants: https://secure.armysurplusforless.com/productView.php?id=488

Here's some more pictures to better show the color and shirt:

http://www.planet-sports.de/images/products/large/l_dickies_1574_work_ss_shirt_khaki.jpg
http://se.zoovillage.com/images/product/pi/10043321/10043321_l1.jpg
http://www.corporatecasuals.com/ftpimages/1574l.jpg

What do you think?

It would be easier on my wallet than buying BDUs, and a bit more accurate too.

Another question, how thick are BDU coats? I'm planning on wearing this cosplay in the Summer, and I really don't want to die of heat.

AstaChan
04-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Alright.....Spam it everywhere XD Here is my 90% Gakuen Hetalia Japan Version (http://astachan.deviantart.com/art/Gakuen-Hetalia-Testing-Japan-120082711)

brieezy
04-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Hopefully this'll be a quick question... I'm planning on cosplaying Liechtenstein (hopefully before Fanime!) but I'm having trouble deciding on a color. XD; I've seen some interpret her dress color as more of a brighter wine red and others an almost purple-red. I have also searched Google for any colored official pictures of her and could only find one. ;_; Which one do you guys think is better? Or are both of possible? Thank you in advance for any help! P:

Here's some pictures of the color differences...
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/ras_/shidomaru0604-img600x451-1239872502.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/ras_/shidomaru0604-img600x451-1240475261.jpg

Thanks again!

JadeKat
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm doing Austria, but I'm having trouble finding consistant reference pictures (in color or otherwise). I don't want his younger outfit or the suit like he has in the anime art. I'm making his normal blue coat outfit. My biggest concern is accuracy for the color of the trim and if he has shoulder thingies or not. I've seem some cosplayers with and some without, and some gold trim and some white. Does anyone have anything?

hyuugafied
04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Hopefully this'll be a quick question... I'm planning on cosplaying Liechtenstein (hopefully before Fanime!) but I'm having trouble deciding on a color. XD; I've seen some interpret her dress color as more of a brighter wine red and others an almost purple-red. I have also searched Google for any colored official pictures of her and could only find one. ;_; Which one do you guys think is better? Or are both of possible? Thank you in advance for any help! P:

Here's some pictures of the color differences...
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/ras_/shidomaru0604-img600x451-1239872502.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/ras_/shidomaru0604-img600x451-1240475261.jpg

Thanks again!

Going from the trading card picture:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Blehing/Axis%20Powers%20Hetalia/-Official%20Art%20and%20Comics-/?action=view&current=1227508553683.jpg
and the little keychain:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/wave122479/item6467_1.jpg

I would personally go with the darker color than a brighter one. However, I'm not sure if there are more reference pictures out there.

Edit Found on Himaruya's blog.
http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/h/i/m/himaruya/rihiten2.jpg

MajinCrystalia
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1995295/ I posted this in the Otakon forum. But I took a test shot of my America so far. I still need to get some Khaki BDUs and a good belt and gloves. D; and to put that damn patch or this vintage horsehide Leather jacket from WW2.....this thing is HOT...I started sweating 3 minutes after having it on. Hence why my face was redder than usual.

Kyuketsurori
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Ah, I'm thinking of doing Russia (my GCSEs start soon and I'm thinking that sewing would be a great way to pass a long summer) but can't find any patterns for the jacket =( Any ideas?

white_rabbit
04-28-2009, 07:18 AM
I am cosplaying as Switzerland in August - I am all excited~

but I am having a bit of trouble looking for his wig. Does anyone have any suggestions? :3

Trinsht
04-28-2009, 07:38 AM
I'll be cosplaying Denmark later this year :3
Im also having a bit of a trouble finding patterns for his coat (And I swear.. I've looked ALMOST all over the internet.) any suggestions?
My mom suggested I use a blazer-pattern, and modify it a little.

white_rabbit
04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
I'll be cosplaying Denmark later this year :3
Im also having a bit of a trouble finding patterns for his coat (And I swear.. I've looked ALMOST all over the internet.) any suggestions?
My mom suggested I use a blazer-pattern, and modify it a little.

Thats what I plan to do for Switzerland ^^

I have cosplayed for years but this will be the first cosplay I am going to attempt to make by my self

Trinsht
04-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Thats what I plan to do for Switzerland ^^

I have cosplayed for years but this will be the first cosplay I am going to attempt to make by my self

Ooooh cool :3! Switzerland's and Denmark's jackets sort of look alike, so I guess the blazer-pattern idea wont be so bad. Gonna head down to the fabric store and see if I can find a good pattern, tomorrow ~__~

I usually get just a little help from my mom. But she wants me to learn to use patterns (this will be my first time), and she's never made a blazer or anything like a blazer before. So Im pretty much on my own here! >_>

white_rabbit
04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Ooooh cool :3! Switzerland's and Denmark's jackets sort of look alike, so I guess the blazer-pattern idea wont be so bad. Gonna head down to the fabric store and see if I can find a good pattern, tomorrow ~__~

I usually get just a little help from my mom. But she wants me to learn to use patterns (this will be my first time), and she's never made a blazer or anything like a blazer before. So Im pretty much on my own here! >_>

Yeah, I am going to the fabric store tomorrow after work myself, going to hunt for patterns. :)

minuki_sama
04-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Well me and my group are planning on doing a big Hetalia thing for NDK of this year, and I was asked to be Seychelles. The only references of her I can really find are from deviantART, which is of course just fanart, so, lol.

Does anyone know where to find some official art of her? Does she even show up in the anime? xDD I've seen I think 10 episodes so far.

Kuro Yue
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
I think your best bet is to scrounge through the hetalia LiveJournal community; they have profile posts that have little (official!) chibi pictures of the countries.

ETA - http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia

Ketsivaun
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Woo I am cosing Latvia for my local con. XD And I will have an Estonia and Russia with me so I am hyped. Now my only problem is just doing the boots/footwear for him. x.X; But I'll figure it out.

venusgal100
04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm considering cosplaying France, but I'm having a ridiculous amount of trouble trying to find reference pictures. Would anyone be kind enough to direct me towards some?

EpicOrange
05-01-2009, 12:38 PM
YAY! I just started watching Hetalia last night (Yes last night), but I'm halfway through the first season.

I will be going as Northern Italy to Momocon '10 (Maybe~).

I need a pattern and a base wig! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MegumiHime
05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
England is really, really growing on me. I really want to cosplay his military uniform some point this year, but also I really want to cosplay his revoluntionary uniform. Does England have any other outfits then the ones listed above?

Darkdreamyr
05-01-2009, 05:52 PM
There is the brown suit he has in the anime, the Brittania Angel toga and the chibi England tunic-thing with cloak (And sometimes unicorn^^)

I'd love to see someone do Brittania Angel. ^^

holydiver
05-02-2009, 05:21 AM
If anyone here has cosplayed Belarus before, do you have any patterns or advice for making her collar...thing? I've finished my cosplay except for that and the wig, I feel so productive. Three months before the con too, as opposed to the night before.:bigtu:

Lexx Anonymous
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh my, i'm not working on any yet but I'll probably end up with a Germany or Italy cosplay...

@-@ <33

xXRingoXx
05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I just goy my boots and wig for my Latvia cosplay ^_^ I hope to get contacts soon! yay!

StarHaushinka
05-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Heck yes allow me to say but, this thread is exciting!! xD and well i'm so excited to cosplay Austria! i can't wait to get the wig and the boots this july but first of all there's my Maya cosplay :3 i hope i'll be cosplaying Roderich the november of this year... cyu (pardon my grammar x'D)

MegumiHime
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm sitting here working on my Gakuen Hetalia pants. I didn't find a true plaid that I liked, but the plaid I picked up was on clearance.

marianette
05-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Whee! I plan to cosplay UK soon, and here's a trial picture. :D
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk116/maronnecruz/arth3.jpg
What do you guys think so far? I'm covering the wig with headphones + hands 'cause it's still verrrrrry much long and unstyled. orz thick eyebrows also need to be thicker 8D and I need to practice putting on makeup so I don't look like a little girl. OTL

I also come with some questions:
1.) How did you UK cosplayers go about doing the leather strap that goes diagonally across his chest? I don't want it to look too thin, like cloth, so I plan to use a thin leather belt. The problem is how to secure it onto the jacket while still making the jacket.. Removeable, LOL. ('Cause I intend to somehow make it a part of the jacket already)
2.) Does his pants have hooks for belts? D: If not, would putting really thin, black belt loops on the sides make the costume look awkward?
3.) Hidekaz has confusing references. Does Arthur have 3, 2 or no buttons on the cuff of his (jacket's) sleeve? Also, what color buttons did you guys use? Bronzeish silver? Silver?

Thank you lovely people ;D

mesilita
05-04-2009, 03:43 AM
If anyone has cosplayed Sealand how did you make his hat? Or did you simply buy it? I've been searching the net and have drawn a huge blank. If you can give any pointers that would be great!

Thanks!

Thia Fayne
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
@ marianette -- I haven't cosplayed UK myself or anything, but I might be able to help you a little with your questions.

1) The strap across his chest isn't attached to his jacket -- rather, it's part of his belt. You'd just have to attach it to the belt somehow, and then you would be able to slip it around your shoulder and then fasten the belt -- does that make sense? That will be much easier than trying to attach it to the jacket. :)

2) When you say his pants, do you mean his long army jacket thing? They don't have a belt loop, they are just belted at the waist. A belt should stay there no problem, but if you do run into issues, I guess you could attach some inconspicuous loops.

I can't really help with the third question, unfortunately. D: Good luck with everything~!

Oh yeah, I should probably introduce myself as I'm new to this thread XD I'm Thia, I just started reading Hetalia recently and have already gotten conned into cosplaying America (despite that I'm kind of the polar opposite of him in appearance orz). I'm a total history nerd so I really enjoy the series and I'm looking forward to cosplaying from it!

marianette
05-04-2009, 10:06 PM
@ marianette -- I haven't cosplayed UK myself or anything, but I might be able to help you a little with your questions.

1) The strap across his chest isn't attached to his jacket -- rather, it's part of his belt. You'd just have to attach it to the belt somehow, and then you would be able to slip it around your shoulder and then fasten the belt -- does that make sense? That will be much easier than trying to attach it to the jacket. :)

2) When you say his pants, do you mean his long army jacket thing? They don't have a belt loop, they are just belted at the waist. A belt should stay there no problem, but if you do run into issues, I guess you could attach some inconspicuous loops.

I can't really help with the third question, unfortunately. D: Good luck with everything~!

Oh yeah, I should probably introduce myself as I'm new to this thread XD I'm Thia, I just started reading Hetalia recently and have already gotten conned into cosplaying America (despite that I'm kind of the polar opposite of him in appearance orz). I'm a total history nerd so I really enjoy the series and I'm looking forward to cosplaying from it!

Thanks for the help!

I know the chestbelt (lolchestbelt) is attatched to the other belt, but I just wanted to make it a part of the jacket just to be sure it doesn't break off the other belt :3 but I already managed to fasten it onto the belt. XD

...How many times did I say belt? OTL

AstaChan
05-05-2009, 12:55 AM
The Remake Version of Japan was done!!! XD I don't care if people called me obsessed and said there was no different between the two versions. New Wig and New Fabric with lining.
Here the final product! http://www.cosplay.com/costume/218945/

Thia Fayne
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I got my fabric and pattern for (Northern) Italy today! \o/ I'm using Burda 7918 (http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=13887). I'm simplifying it a bit (it's got some weird seams and stuff) but I think it'll work nicely. Gotta hurry up and get this and my other costume done before Fanime!

PandaPuff
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
So I'd thought I'd ask. What looks better on America, the short boots or tall boots?

MegumiHime
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm tossing around the idea of cosplaying Switzerland and Iceland for my next several cons. For Switz's pants, does anyone recommend a good pattern for em?

Cerisa
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I've gotten my fabric and a pattern for N.Italy, though I'm not sure as to when exactly I'll have time to start working on him. One thing that I'm stuck on though, are his boots. Obviously you can't find the EXACT type, since it's 2D art and Himaruya tends to leave out some little details on things. Though I don't want to make bootcovers and it's hard to just find simple black/brown boots of that height, it would seem D:

Any fellow Italies: How'd you go about the boot step of the costume, especially when it came to the white tops?

(Also, would a Wisp work alright for a base wig for his hair?)

TR Rose
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I got my fabric and pattern for (Northern) Italy today! \o/ I'm using Burda 7918 (http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=13887). I'm simplifying it a bit (it's got some weird seams and stuff) but I think it'll work nicely. Gotta hurry up and get this and my other costume done before Fanime!

That pattern looks absolutely perfect! I swore I'd never make another Burda suit but that looks like exactly what to use.

I'm going to make N. Italy next year (or maybe late this year) - I've only recently discovered the series and I've already got a bunch of costumes lined up for this year! Trying to convince my husband to be Germany, too.

EternalRhapsody
05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
UHHHH H-HI

I just have a quick question if someone could help me with.
I'll be cosplaying UK and maybe Holy Roman Empire to CCI this year. I'm having a bit trouble figuring out how I should make HRE's hat, or what's it's called so I could buy it online. So if anyone could help I'd appreciate it ;3

AnimeDutchess
05-16-2009, 01:59 PM
So I'd thought I'd ask. What looks better on America, the short boots or tall boots?

>_<; I-I was going to ask a simmilar question. Does anyone have a good suggestion as to what kind of shoes/boots someone should wear while doing America?

PandaPuff
05-17-2009, 01:33 AM
I've decided to go for my winter boots (that have a wedge heel) that go a little below my knee. It's all black but I'm attaching white felt or something as the boot cuff. It's a long shot and will kill my feet (i think) but it's worth it. Towering over UK for the win right?

Many people use combat boots though. I think i varies.

MegumiHime
05-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Question, what type of pattern should I use to make Switzerland's coat? Also any suggestions on material? I've been leaning towards using velvet or twill as a backup. And is his pants any certain type?

The Hag
05-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Hello Hetalia cosplayers!

Due to the immense popularity of this series, there have been numerous inquiries about uniforms over in my usual hang-out, General Costume Help. So I thought that I would post this here as well to try to avoid repetition.

Characters like Sweden, Italy, Germany etc. wear outfits that are similar to WW2 era military uniforms. You essentially have three options:

1. Check military surplus stores near you and online. Buy a coat and modify it. Generally this means adding the epaulets and cuffs. It is unlikely to be accurate down to the last detail, but it's definitely the easiest of the options.

2. Make it from scratch using a regular pattern. Military jackets are cut very differently than men's dress jackets/blazers. Me, I would start with a safari shirt pattern.
http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/patterns/listingview.php?num=18812&ref=2

On this one, you'd have to add long sleeves, alter the back and add a placket, maybe alter the collar/lapels a bit (I don't remember the details of what the different characters wear). I'd also make it so that it is a bit big and use a heavier weight wool, cotton or cotton/poly twill so that it looks more like a jacket and less like a shirt. I don't know if current pattern books would still carry this style, but they were wildly popular in the 70's so they are easy to find on ebay or on vintage pattern sites. Just google "safari shirt sewing pattern"

TR Rose brought this pattern to my attention as one that has been recommended:
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=13887

You could certainly start with that one - the pockets and shoulders are a nice match and the collar/lapel would probably be easier to modify from than the safari shirt. The problem with tailored suit coat patterns is that they have a lot of detail that you don't need (and frankly, don't want) in the Hetalia jackets: front darts, side panels, sleeve vents for buttons. Many military jackets do have two-piece sleeves, but for Hetalia stuff I think that it's an unnecessary complication. The one additional thing that you do want (the hidden button placket) isn't there. To me, it seems like excess work to start with something complicated and then simplify it. Burda patterns are not particularly user friendly either! I find it easier to start with the right overall shape - which in this case is simple - and add details than to start with something really tailored and work the other way - but it's a matter of taste.

3. As for patterns for a "real" military jacket, well, World War 2 era uniform patterns are tough to come by. The period is not quite old enough for the historical costumers to have completely digested. Most of the re-enactors are buying and wearing vintage ($$$). A few places have reverse engineered the patterns and are selling re-pros ($$$), but no one's sharing patterns. :/ The only ones that I know of (and I've done a lot of looking) are here:
http://www.harriets.com/wwiipatterns.htm

They are expensive and look like a bear to make. I honestly wouldn't bother unless I was making something for a historical masquerade or re-enactment event.

Good luck! ^_^

Jolteh
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Went out and bought fabric for my S. Italy cosplay today, in the pouring rain none the less! Also picked up a pattern, being super lame and bought a scrubs pattern, that includes pants and a coat pattern, which I'm going to alter the pockets on.

Then all I have to do is go buy boots, the wig, and a *~*belt*~*.

Kuro Yue
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to add to The Hag's post that two-piece sleeves are also a serious PAIN to make compared to your average sleeve.

And thank you so, so much for posting that link to the patterns. I ended up modifying McCall's civil war uniform for my Germany but it's nice to know that if I ever intend to remake my costume I can splurge on that pattern.

In progress-related news, I'm gonna try and get my dad to replicate the German belt buckle. Can't find any pre-WWII ones. <<

tsumikuroi
05-22-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm working on War of Austrian Succession Spain and I think I got most of him down. The only issue is his shoulder pauldrons. Anyone have any helpful ideas on where I can start? I was considering using bowls as a base but I'm not sure how well that will work...

Attached is a reference picture. <3

MoyashiPandemic
05-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes! I'm wanting to get a Lithuania cosplay! Does anyone think this wig will work? [link] (http://cgi.ebay.com/K-ON-Medium-BROWN-straight-wig-Hirasawa-Yui-cosplay_W0QQitemZ310142797298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS _CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item4835f385f2&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30)

Foxberry
05-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I was wondering; does anyone have any good websites for army surplus that may have some WWII uniforms? I would surely appreciate it since I am thinking of playing Germany in one of my upcoming conventions. However I really honestly don't want to pay 200-300$ for just a uniform top and a pair of slacks! I was searching and I found the reenactment stuff but I really cannot afford that at this point. Also I'm rather small in size so a typical men's small is kinda funny looking on me. (5'4" about 100lbs)

I have limited sewing abilities however I can alter things so it's okay if I have to redo Ludwig's collar or this or that to some extent. I just can't sew pockets onto shirts and stuff x_x without them looking retarded.

Also; would I use typical combat boots for him as well as I can't find any good ref pics for his shoes.

Much much appreciated.