PDA

View Full Version : Pigtail Wig?

Bobbi
07-09-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm working on a Rabi~en~Rose costume for my boyfriend. The con is in about 2 weeks and I ordered a wig awhile ago. However, all the hair is down and I'm afraid that I won't be able to make good pigtails using it. Does anyone know any methods to putting good pigtails in wigs like this? I'm also afraid that the wig base is going to show when I pull it up. Should I get extensions to cover any open areas? Eeep! I'm at a loss!

KaraokeKate
07-09-2003, 03:21 AM
I'll be putting up a very detailed, step by step tutorial with pictures on my site next week. Yes, matching extensions would be a good idea ^_^.

Sarcasm-hime
07-09-2003, 01:01 PM
In the meantime, there have been a number of threads on this topic. Search the forums and I'm sure you'll find useful info. ^_^

Bobbi
07-09-2003, 01:13 PM
The wig I ordered wasn't an extremely high quality one, but more like a mid-quality. It usually sells online fo $20-$25, but a local costume and dance shop odered it for me directly fom their catolog fo $10

I decided that I'm going to order this wig: http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/product_info.cgi?Wig_Cart+146_1050423426+Wig_Cart_ cart/images/12.jpg+cartsnap/Wig_Cart_cart/full_text/12.txt+12+Che
r/70s

I've heard a lot of good things about Witch Wigs. Does anyone have any experiences with doing something like this to this peticular wig?

Edit:Got the wig today. It's crap. I had to cut it short in order to get pigtails into it right, and it just doesn't look right. Gonna go with the witch wig. At least I have a somewhat decent short purple wig. However, I bought a wig for puchiko today and it's gorgeous! I styled it to look exactly like her and it's gorgeous and exact! =D

carly579
07-09-2003, 08:09 PM
yeah putting wigs into ponytails can be a pain. I've found that the ultra long wigs don't work as well because they don't put much hair on the bottom back. Thanks for the tutorial KaraokeKate!

Bobbi
07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
I think I managed to do it on the wig I bought... and rather nicely too.

What I did was I cut the wig so it was a short bob. Then I took the peices I cut off the wig and seperated them into four peices. I wrapped thread tightly around the end of each peice, then a small peice of fabric that was close to the color of the wig. Then i sewed through the fabric to secure the wig hair... so none would fall out. Then I attached it to the wig base by inserting some thick purple string through the wig cap and tying the pigtails on. One was attached higher up, and the other about an inch lower, so there's two layers of ponytails on each side. This made the appearance of the pigtails being fuller and longer than the strands actually were. Then I carefully pulled other parts of the wig into the ponytail and secured it all with another peice of purple string. After that I added the ribbons and dice, and added the antennae in the bangs. For a cheap wig, it actually came out looking very very nice! I'll post pictures soon!

HowilnMadMurphy
07-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Which "bought" wig is this? The cheap store one? Or the witch wig?
An how's the back look?