PDA

View Full Version : All Things Gundam!

KoriStarfire
08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
So i was an idiot and forgot to make a c.com thread for the Gundam Gathering! This is an all Gundam inclusive gathering so if you have a gundam cosplay for youmacon, please come to our gathering!

All Gundam Series are welcomed (i figured we'll all be rather tiny on our own so lets combine!)
If you're interested please respond and possibly name:
1. If and who you'll be cosplaying
2. Which Gundam series you'll be from.

i'll go first!
1. Duo Maxwell (if i can get my hair situation fixed. n.n;; i cut it))
2. Gundam Wing!

Okie Dokie your turn now!

Edit:
Tenative List of Representation from both the Youmacon forums and Cosplay.com forums:
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
G Gundam
Gundam SEED
Gundam 0079

Photoshoot will be Friday at 6 pm on the Pool Terrace! i hope to see you there!

AVAAntares
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Barring disaster, Shinteetah and I will be present as Zechs and Noin from Gundam W.

And my cape is GETTING FINISHED for Youmacon. Or else there will be great violence.

InkyLink
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Hehe, I'm not doing Gundam cosplay but I noticed you both had posted in here. As soon as you announce a time I'll try to see if I can stop by and say hello. I hope to see you guys there! XD

-InkyLink

AVAAntares
08-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Hehe, I'm not doing Gundam cosplay but I noticed you both had posted in here. As soon as you announce a time I'll try to see if I can stop by and say hello. I hope to see you guys there! XD

Yay! I hope so, too... I've managed to miss you at every con for the last year and a half. What are the odds?

Kori, you may also want to crosspost in the GW cosplay thread to pull in anyone who isn't checking the local con forums. Maybe we can get the rest of the ACEN group to come. (Or I can do it, if you prefer...)

KoriStarfire
08-21-2008, 03:28 AM
eh? where is it? totally needed right now!!
And InkyLink, man if you don't show up, there will be death upon you..... XD

AVAAntares
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=118608

It's a long thread, and it hasn't been terribly active lately, but people are usually pretty good about checking when there's a new post. :)

KoriStarfire
08-22-2008, 03:09 AM
woo! done! thanks a lot for the help. hopefully we'll draw some people in!

karlonne
08-22-2008, 04:09 AM
hi im a gundam cosplayer in the philippines, im just new here some cosplayers from singapore told me about this site, well im kind a interested to join in and share my ideas in making gundam costumes

KoriStarfire
08-24-2008, 06:00 PM
welcome to cosplay.com! This thread is in the Youmacon forum which is an anime convention happening from Oct. 30-Nov 2. Will you be coming to this covention? It would be really cool if you came to Youmacon. Do you specialize in making Gundam cosplay of the robots or the characters?

karlonne
08-25-2008, 01:09 AM
yeah i do really make customizations in gundams, super robots, power ranger ZORDS and some mech cosplay stuff but totaly im a FILIPINO and im in the PHILIPPINES rightn now i dont have a passport or VISA but i hope i can help you some way though it is very hard that im quite far from you guys...

you can go to my gallery to check out my cosplay stuffs...

about in making gundams first you must get a certain gundam model you want to make for cosplay

then try to make a architectural sketch of it then measure it w/ your body (this is what we call "Scaling") we need to measure out the size of our body of the toy then convert it your size of your body, thought it depends if you want it to make it very detailed and proportioned or you want a mobility type gundam.

if you try yo check in my gallery there are some gundams in which i made it a bit detailey, accurate and proportioned and at the same time very mobile whenever you try to move while wearing it.

there are some cosplayers from France, Korea, japan, and Singapore go here in the Philippines to cosplay...

though i really wish to cosplay for WCS but i think it will be a dream only for me....

KoriStarfire
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Thats really cool! You should look up HeavyArmsDan he also cosplays as gundams. I also looked up some of your stuff and it looks really good! i hope that you will make it to WCS one day. I wish i could go to the Philippines to cosplay and stuff, but i want to go to japan first, even if i'm not cosplaying there i just want to go. It is really hard to be able to get out of your own country and see other countries but i think it is totally worth it.

I noticed that your gundam cosplays are scaled to be very large. Are there size regulations at the conventions you go to? A lot of the conventions in America have size regulations so costumes and props are not allowed to be over a certain height unless you are in competition.

karlonne
08-26-2008, 03:26 AM
no there are no strict regulations regards to cosplay to the philippines "its a FREE WORLD" cosplay, you can cosplay what ever character you want and cosplay it the way you want to!

all i know here in this site is "GUNDAMER (germany or russia), Mirage_studio (singapore), GOLDY (japan), knightwind (Philippines), naoko and lenneth (singapore)...endimon (filipino in JAPAN)

we gundam cospalyers cosplay the way we want because we want to make our costumes in our own way in a way that showing our own style and creativity among its specifications...

if you cosplay here, the totaly number of cosplayers here is more than 500 cosplayers from different regions...because some are US influenced and some are JAPANESE influenced, from culture to movies is the basis in cosplay here in the philippines.

even online games from KOREA, Playsation GAmes are also used for cosplay.

thats why i love making GIGANTIC costumes to make it a bit real and attracting in the same way

because cosplay and making costumes is more deeper than the ussual cosplay... we apply knowledge in our costumes

in mech cosplay we apply and improvise engines, lights, smoke effects, etc... we are just doing some exhibits in our own cosplay instead of competing in cosplay...we just show our skills to public..

you can use my gundams as for reference because i ussually posting all my works in other sites but not in local sites here in the philippines

and thanks for dropping by in my gallery...

talk about WCS...i hope someone and somewhere would sponsor me to that event...hehehehe some dream eh!

KoriStarfire
08-26-2008, 10:12 PM
generally the same things apply in america. People cosplay from all kinds of popular media. if it can be thought of, it will be cosplayed. a lot of the bigger stuff is usually only seen in competition or outside of the actual venue because the hotel and convention centers that host the conventions aren't big enough to hold the costume. (Low celings) At the last anime convention i went to there were 10,000 attendees and about 7,000 of them cosplay. New cosplayers and expert cosplayers. i wouldn'r be able to tell you how many of those 7,000 are expert cosplayers since i did not take a survey of the entire convention. People from all over the USA came to that convention and it is not even the biggest convention in the US. Anime Expo is the largest Anime Convention in the USA and San Diego Comic Con is the biggest convention in the USA.

karlonne
08-27-2008, 02:49 AM
oh i see, here in the Philippines, only MANILA area can have cosplay activities, we dont have any cosplay activities for provincial areas, thats why the total of us is only 500, in experts i didnt even count how many of them but i know their faces and how they cosplay...

i usually cosplay only when i need to or when im in a mood to cosplay.

but i wish to cosplay even in US, japan, KOReA, singapore, etc... heheeh some dream dont you think?

and about the place, the ceiling is very high just like a normal MALL or like a stage theater.... thats why we dont have problems in cosplaying in a very large, big, bulky or tall costumes

KoriStarfire
08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
yeah that would be convenient to have tall celings. Most conventions just don't have the high celings unless it is in competition. oh well. I think it would be great if you came to american conventions. I've heard that the dynamic is different from conventions in japan, singapore, china, korea, and the philippines. WCS seems to be run like that. but i can't say for sure because i've never been there! n.n

karlonne
08-29-2008, 01:53 AM
yes looks similar because alot of game companies and merchandisers use cosplay for their marketing strats...but usually they use conventions to save much money in paying the area and earning more in their sales, same as the organizers in cosplay events, the more cosplayers you have, the more audience will come.......

well i hope some day we could cosplay together for sure...because all i see here is some korean, chinese and singaporeans cosplay here, rarely japanese cosplayers go here to cosplay

KoriStarfire
08-30-2008, 01:33 PM
ah thats the essence of WCS right there! Gathering people from all participating countries for cosplay! n.n

karlonne
09-01-2008, 12:19 AM
yup, but for me, another challenge as an artist, i love to see some artist around the world to see how well did they make their costumes

KoriStarfire
09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah that is always nice to be able to compare your work with other people and be able to learn from each other. I feel like i'm doing that all the time.

karlonne
09-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah that is always nice to be able to compare your work with other people and be able to learn from each other. I feel like i'm doing that all the time.

yup, to develop and enhance your self on your skills...hehe i hop[e to see you guys here in the philippines to cosplay

if i have enough money to go to your country maybe i would be cosplaying i hope it hits the day of the con because i might take a vacation after work

KoriStarfire
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I wish you the best of luck! And if you do make it to America, tell me what you think of it. :)

karlonne
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
don't worry i know it will be a great experience to me and i know that cosplay events in America even in other countries are cool!

Miragestudio
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
karlonne: hey, hiya there! U going to America to cosplay?

kira_elric
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
MirageStudio; Are you coming to Youmacon? If so are you bringing Exia? I'm going as Setsuna and pictures with Exia would be EPICLY AMAZING. XDDDD

Miragestudio
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
kira_elric: Naah, not this year... I am considering next year....depending on my schedule :)

karlonne
09-12-2008, 04:57 AM
karlonne: hey, hiya there! U going to America to cosplay?

hey!....how yah doin?

yup, maybe after a year or after i registered myself to WCS 2009 (i hope im qualified)

maybe im gonna do a gundam cosplay there just as an experience and after that ill be in canada to migrate there w/ my relatives

are you also goin to cosplay?

KoriStarfire
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
First post updated regarding tentative times for the photoshoot.

AVAAntares
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
So far Nikolai had scheduled the shoot for sunday afternoon..... i'm not so okay with that because NO ONE wants to be there on a sunday afternoon, i'm going to make a request for friday afternoon instead. any objections?

I think we'll be wearing our GW costumes on Saturday for the Masquerade, so Saturday would be best for us (but we're only a small group, so go with majority vote). I also don't know when our panels are, so we might be tied up a lot of the time anyway...

KoriStarfire
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
our group is too tiny for a Saturday shoot, but if you're willing to wear them on Friday for a short amount of time that was would oh soooooooo great! i really want to try and have as much fun at this shoot as we did at ACen's Wing shoot. n.n

AVAAntares
09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Hmm... that will probably depend on what time the shoot is. We're doing our ghetto DMC costumes for the Hall Cosplay Contest on Friday (and if that doesn't give the poor judges heart attacks, I don't know what will...), so we'll need to be in those until judging is completed.

My costume is probably the most versatile of the three, since I'm wearing a short wig and similar makeup for both characters. If the shoot is late enough, maybe I can change from Lady to Noin temporarily. (Changing from Trish to Zechs would be harder, since nee-san styles her real hair for Trish but has to slick it down, braid it and wear a wig for Zechs, and I don't think Dante can become Treize, since they both require lots of makeup and eyebrow modification...)

Either way, just let me know when the final photoshoot time is, and I'll see what I can do. :)

KoriStarfire
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
e.e; we'll see what time the shoot ends up being. Maybe you can get judged really early on in the day. do they still do late morning judging? i don't remember. plus i'm hoping that the skit previewing wont interfere either. Its not as big of a deal since i don't have to change costumes for that since they only want to see the skit. but anyway lets hope everything works out!

KoriStarfire
09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
The Gundam Shoot will be Friday at 7pm on the Pool Terrace. I'll update the main page too.

0bscurity
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I'll have Lockon Stratos (casual wear, Gundam 00) done for Youma! Unfortunately, my schedule is completely full on Friday, so I won't be able to wear him until probably Sunday, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing other Gundam kids milling about the con!

KoriStarfire
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
T.T maaan.... no one can make it on friday....

Scoti
10-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm starting to get into Gundam 00, I might make someone from that or Gundam Wing but it depends on time and money. If I do I could wear it on Friday.

AVAAntares
10-06-2008, 02:26 AM
T.T maaan.... no one can make it on friday....

Sorry! :( We'll do what we can, but since we're using the GW costumes for the Masquerade, we're constrained by the con schedule. Maybe those of us who are cosplaying on the other days can still try to catch a few photos together, even if it's not an official shoot...?

(Kristen, out of curiosity, will you share which costume you're wearing for the Masque?)

0bscurity
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
@_@ Looks like I may or may not be adding S2 Flight Suit Lockon or Duo to my line up for Saturday...More as this develops.

KoriStarfire
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
LoL totally gonna be Duo again for the masq. and the shoot was moved to 7pm

kira_elric
10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
*Spazzes* OMFG LOCKON! *Glomps* I will have Allelujah and I hunt you down on Sunday so you can have pictures with us! (I AM GUNDAM!) (Setsuna ^^)

I don't know if we could get the Tieria going to pull her costume back out but maybe.

Bonk
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Right now, if I make it to Youma, I'll be bringing Yzak from Gundam SEED (red coat) for certain.

I might also bring Preventer Trowa or Duo--I have to decide which yet.

navigated
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
*Spazzes* OMFG LOCKON! *Glomps* I will have Allelujah and I hunt you down on Sunday so you can have pictures with us! (I AM GUNDAM!) (Setsuna ^^)

I don't know if we could get the Tieria going to pull her costume back out but maybe.

Man if there's going to be a whole G00 group, I am really tempted to at least try to sneak Tieria in.

Ashli-chan
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
00 really is booming, but it's expected since it's the newest Gundam.

Seeing as if there's only going to be one SEED person (even though I love seeing more of us), I'll end up leaving my Cagalli outfits most likely at home. I have a big list of costumes I want to bring, but I'm trying to keep it down to only three or four.

kira_elric
10-15-2008, 07:56 AM
00 really is booming, but it's expected since it's the newest Gundam.

Seeing as if there's only going to be one SEED person (even though I love seeing more of us), I'll end up leaving my Cagalli outfits most likely at home. I have a big list of costumes I want to bring, but I'm trying to keep it down to only three or four.

Sorry! I have the same problem! I have so many cosplays I want to do that Kira took a back burner TT-TT

KoriStarfire
10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
i'm gonna keep the list as is just in case anyone else shows up from SEED or any of the other shows. i doubt that it'll happen but just in case... plus theres also the thread in the Youmacon forums too so i wont delete from the list. I'm only change it to make additions because i want to try and be as inclusive as possible.

Bonk
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Right now, Youmacon's still up in the air (last minute decision, most likely) but if I go, I'll probably be there for like...one or two days tops and will definitely be Duo, so woo.

AVAAntares
10-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Nothing is EVER simple... /sigh/

Is anyone else planning on attending the Masquerade Ball on Friday night?

Our original plan was straightforward enough: Wear DMC on Friday for the Hall contest, GW on Saturday for the Masquerade, and Kuroshitsuji on Sunday. Now that we've decided to go to the ball (which, I believe, starts at the same time as the photoshoot), we're thinking about changing from DMC to Kuroshitsuji after judging/before the dance on Friday night, since those costumes are much more formal. But it occurs to me that the OZ dress uniforms might also be considered formal enough for the ball, so we could possibly switch from DMC to GW on Friday night, dash to the photoshoot and pose for a few pictures, run to the ball, dance a bit, and still get out in time to make Anime Hell (which I actually want to see this year). But then again, that might be excessively complicated, especially since we're paying $40 for ball tickets...

In good news, I finally finished Noin's cape (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1788368/)! XD Now, if we could only solve the rest of our costume woes...

Bonk
10-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Oh wow, those Oz uniforms are GORGEOUS!

I'm debating on what I want to do for costume plans myself. I know that Duo will be Friday, but right now I'm still considering what I want to wear today (!) and Saturday and Sunday. I might end up arriving in Quatre, fixing up Yzak and wearing that for the rest of the day, and then starting in Preventer Duo and ending in regular Duo tomorrow.

This is going to be an adventure.

KoriStarfire
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, i've just got Duo when it comes to gundam costumes (because, frankly, i don't look good blonde. i can just tell.. lol or else i would totally do a quatre cosplay! XD) and i'm pretty sure we don't have any Quatres coming. but its up to you.

As for Ava and peeps. you know my vote. I want you at the shoot dammit! This is like the third shoot i've tried to get you at in costume. *points finger intensively* yep... thats exactly what i'll do. i'll point. until you come. or something...

i need a nap. se you guys at the con.

wait. you're gonna be GW for the masquerade?!?!?! SWEET!!! *falls over dead* *twitch*

now about that nap...

Bonk
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
...I love all of you.

AVAAntares
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the fun photoshoot, everyone! :D I'm glad we decided to ditch the Masquerade Ball in favor of the Gundam shoot.

(By the way, if any of you happen to post pictures from the photoshoot, I'd love it if you could send me a link. We were so limited on packing space this trip that I didn't get to bring my camera.) :(

Bonk
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm so glad you guys skipped too--it was damn epic seeing you walk in, and your cosplays are perfect.

I regret not having gone to the Masquerade itself though...I just saw the skit you guys did on youtube and god you guys are brilliant. I LAUGHED. It was unexpected and awesome and all my GW fan-friends find it quite hilarious as well.

I'd like some HQ shots of the photoshoot as well, if anyone has any.

Anyway, FOR OZ--

Youtube link of Masquerade skit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qser5kUY-x4&feature=related)

Treize prefers to look the other way, apparently. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31582142@N08/3008427925/)

...sadly, I didn't get any other photos, but uh, enjoy that one!

AVAAntares
11-07-2008, 01:08 AM
...sadly, I didn't get any other photos, but uh, enjoy that one!

*laugh* Thanks! That's actually a really nice photo. :)

I'm glad you liked the skit. I wasn't sure how well it would be received, but most people seemed to enjoy it... especially the magical girl part... ^_^;

So, while we're on the subject of photoshoots -- by way of segue, just because I want to share -- here's our Gundam W photoshoot by Elemental: http://elemental-photography.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=109

And Kori, your Konan photos are gorgeous! (I love the one where you've killed poor Jacuzzi...)

AVAAntares
11-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Rob (Amuro at the photoshoot) was kind enough to post a link to his Gundam photos on the Youmacon forums. Since I don't think he has a coscom account, I'll take the liberty of sharing it:

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee121/kyojikasshu/Youmacon/2008/Gundam%20Shoot/

Bonk
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Gorgeous gorgeous photoshoot, you guys. I'm totally in awe. Beautiful camerawork and a total job well done. Congrats on your awards, too--well deserved. Excuse me while I fangirl some more.

I was impressed to hear the crowd's reaction to the skit in the video. It was a great concept--I was really really pleased with the amount of like, Gundam Wing love that was happening at Youmacon. I've heard from other Wing cosplayers that they didn't get too much "recognition" at their cons, whereas I was getting recognized left and right.

Granted, the first time I was recognized, I got called Heero multiple times until the guy realized his error and went 'omg duo I'm so sorry'.

Fun times and wacky hijinks!

KoriStarfire
11-10-2008, 10:42 AM
And Kori, your Konan photos are gorgeous! (I love the one where you've killed poor Jacuzzi...)

LoL! thanks a lot! Is Jacuzzi dead or just passed out from fright? hmmm...

Anyway, thanks to everyone who made it to the photoshoot! i was scared i would end up taking pictures of myself myspace style and calling it a shoot. XD So i'm really happy that people showed up. And Ava i'm soooo happy you guys came to the shoot too! And i looked at your elemental photos as well and nearly died in glee.