PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III Costume help!!!

Icurnezko
08-20-2008, 07:57 AM
A new member to the forums is having a little trouble with their costume, and since the Blizzard Cosplayers thread is pretty dead atm I figured I'd present the question to the rest of you. ^_^

Im attempting the Diablo 3 Female Witchdoctor. Hopefully, it turns out well. Anyone have any suggestions? I've gathered as much concept art as they have posted. Im leaning more towards a mix of what is seen on the trailers as well as the art.

fightstar
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for starting this. I'll focus a little more once they release a few more characters and after BlizzCon 08. However, I so want to start bulking up for a Barbarian. I blame my spartan costuming for that. :toothy:

Shifter
08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
A new member to the forums is having a little trouble with their costume, and since the Blizzard Cosplayers thread is pretty dead atm I figured I'd present the question to the rest of you. ^_^

Thanks!!

And yes.. I do have some questions. Im trying to stay true to Diablo technique, and still be somewhat progressive. I have a NEAT idea for a "skirt", with leather, bone, and woven cloth... but im stuck on a top. Should I do it cloth? Or try leather?.. or even.. have just a basic leather "swimsuit" top, and inlay bone INTO/ON it? or do a halter design(cloth or leather)

HALP! it's a bit overwhelming for all the ideas in my head >.<, :confused:

SaccharineDream
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
When I make original stuff, I get lots of different ideas too! This is my method: just go for one idea, then something will go wrong / there will be some challenge, use some facet from another idea to get around it, then the result is like a completely new idea, lol! I don't know if it makes sense, but thats what I usually end up doing :) Diablo III will be so awesome! Hopefully I won't be bitten by the cosplay bug after seeing more news for it, I have enough backed up as it is:toothy:

Shifter
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
So, I'm wondering. How easy is varaform to work with? Im thinking that I can make some awesome "bone" armbands and such with it. Its malleable enough to do it with, without worrying about carving actual bone (which takes forever).And... would I be able to make skulls with it? How easy is it to sculpt with?

fightstar
08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Resurrecting this thread!!! New class was announced at Blizz-Con this year and I am excited about it. The Monk FTW j0! There are 4 of the 5 classes revealed so far. Barbarian, Wizard, Witch Doctor and Monk. I have no doubt that in the future, after the game is released they will add some of the old characters back in just for fun. However, for now and for this thread I will focus on Diablo 3 characters. Shooting for 2010 for a Monk.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Shifter
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I did last year the witchdoctor, came out ok, since it was my first costume, and MY take on it. Then this year I did the concept art for Wizardess. It turned out SO GOOD! I learned how to cast resin, do basic LED wiring, and was shown how to conceal and craft a hidden battery pack using the costume pieces. Im now practicing making resin cast weapons that light up! I am unsure if i will be doing another D3 cosplay next year. The past 2 years has been a "you're what exactly?". I LOVE Diablo, and it still pangs slightly when no one knows what/who i am. Besides, since i was in costume this year I didnt get a chance to look at the conept art on the walls for which i could base a costume off of. I think im going to be crafting a costume for my fiance to wear I think, if he can get over the "its nerdy to dress up" phase.

Now, all that might change if they release more info on Diablo. That and i think im just in the costuming blues, from working 3 solid months on mine for this year. lol

Xaevier
09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I did last year the witchdoctor, came out ok, since it was my first costume, and MY take on it. Then this year I did the concept art for Wizardess. It turned out SO GOOD! I learned how to cast resin, do basic LED wiring, and was shown how to conceal and craft a hidden battery pack using the costume pieces. Im now practicing making resin cast weapons that light up! I am unsure if i will be doing another D3 cosplay next year. The past 2 years has been a "you're what exactly?". I LOVE Diablo, and it still pangs slightly when no one knows what/who i am. Besides, since i was in costume this year I didnt get a chance to look at the conept art on the walls for which i could base a costume off of. I think im going to be crafting a costume for my fiance to wear I think, if he can get over the "its nerdy to dress up" phase.

Now, all that might change if they release more info on Diablo. That and i think im just in the costuming blues, from working 3 solid months on mine for this year. lol

What are some good sources you found for making Resin weapons?

Shifter
09-02-2009, 12:39 AM
What are some good sources you found for making Resin weapons?

Its more of whats in my head from reading a TON of resin casting tutorials, and then reading weapon making tutorials. Theirs 4 main types of resin you can use, and multiple ways to cast each, with different curing times, and molds to use. So its more of a try it out, and see if it works kind of thing. Mostly it takes using clay/sculpy/some sort of modeling material to pattern out each peice (or make it one huge piece, but I advise against it). Since im also learning LED work small pieces are better for a more uniform glow throughout the weapon. Like i said, Im still a super novice, and am learning as I go!