PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Rikku's boots

Rikkie
07-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Howdy,

I always have to struggle with boots >_o. I'm working on two different kinds of boots right now. The X-2 Rikku (thief mode) and the songstress Rikku. Heehe, I really suck at this I tell ya. If anyone can help me / give me any kinds of advice on how or where I should start, I'd appreciate it VERY much =)! If you cant then that's okay too, I'll try figure out a way

Thank you in advance :)

strychnine
07-10-2003, 08:16 AM
http://animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/ffx2/full_6_1024.asp
For the boots in the image above, the only suggestion I could make is buy some cheap rubber boots, and cut them the way those boots look. Then cover them with the appropriate color material, or sheet foam, or you could even paint them ^_^

If you could find me the picture of the other boots, that would be appreciated, then I could help you with those ones. Good luck! ^_^

Carmila
07-10-2003, 08:42 AM
For my PopStar boots, I got a pair of mid calf boots that I am going to add a bit of the material I am using for the shirt to the top to add the feathers to. Knee high is really what they are, but if you go with the actual feathers, then kneeling or pretty much sitting down is out of the question.

Good luck with everything!

rainbowflavored
07-10-2003, 02:01 PM
i thinkgetting white majorette boots and then cutting the top part off and sewing blue fabric on would be good. RealizeDOP had a nice tutorial which you can find here.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26739&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

some places to find majorette boots (leather and vinyl):

http://www.mccormicksnet.com/mccormicks/boots.htm
http://dancecheer.net/dirfootwear.html

Rikkie
07-10-2003, 02:16 PM
strychnine-- Thanks for the advice :)!Though I've had some bad experiences with paint.. XD. But I'll do my best with it

carmila-- how cool! I should probably just look for similar boots. But from what I can see, the boots look like they're covered with the same material as the top. Then again, I'm no expert at this :p

rainbowflavored-- thanks so much! wow her boots are awsome =D. thanks fer the links too! =) =)

Carmila
07-10-2003, 04:09 PM
The ones I got are just suede leather boots with a strap and buckle around the middle of them. They are more brown than the buttercreme suede leather I used for the top, however, the buckle around the middle is the same color as the buttercreme so I am going to attach it from there up. I ended up getting the shoes on clearance at Payless Shoes of all places! They were only $13!

Rikkie
07-10-2003, 06:06 PM
woah! so lucky.. lol! I went around Payless like 4 times last week and I didn't even see a single boot :\

Troppy
07-10-2003, 07:48 PM
I recommend checking out a DSW Shoe Warehouse (or any other shoe outlet you may have around you). They tend to have the shoe stores' extra junk/ugly things that don't sell on their first run for cheap, even when they're not in season. Such places have helped me out many times before during shoe emergencies, and they tend to have stuff that is ideal for cosplay that nobody would actually wear in everyday life XD

Carmila
07-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Well, they were high up on a shelf and I asked the woman to get them down for me. With Payless or any other shoe discounter it tends to be hit or miss. This time of year is just the wrong one to be looking for boots and such like this.

I agree Troppy, I love to have shoes that I wear over and over (most of my cosplays have come into fruition because I had the perfect set of shoes). That is why I am going to make half spats for these shoes. I don't want to ruin them and use them just for cosplay. They are too cute for that!

Rikkie
07-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Hm, shoe outlets, thanks I'll check it out! I just realized that its summer time and I'm looking for boots .__." And just two weeks ago I was looking for leather gloves. But anyways, I'll go shoe-hunting the whole day tomorrow and see what I can find XD.

Rikkie
07-14-2003, 01:03 AM
No luck with the popstar boots. Though I did find some similar boots, but they looked super uncomfortable. And I found one with the perfect material and color, but the back was laced ;_;

Well, I guess I'll start 'constructing' them now :).

R1KKu_77
08-02-2003, 01:58 AM
For the thief costume, I used a pair of boots i found really cheap, made some patterns to match the blue and the white parts on her boots. I used vinyl, a bright blue that looks very much like what hers are, and a cream/off white color. A little bit o imagination, hot glue, and sewing, and they turned out pretty good. Only thing I had probs with is the toe part where the boot curves over, which was hard getting vinyl to work that way. Ill post a pic once I can get to it.