PDA

View Full Version : Pirates makein a come back

Skullez
07-10-2003, 11:16 AM
I dono about yall but i have seen major piratenss comin aloung! Eversence pirates of teh caribbean came out yetsterday i so got back into my old childhood pirate loven self =^.^= !!
if any of yall go to the gerogia renesaunts you see thre are alouta pirate stuff there ! i got every year and i go as a pirates every year ...well except this year cuz i got a dress, but anyway dragon con is in a month and me and my best friend are going both as Jack Sparrow. what do ya think? 2 ppl going as the same charter?

personaly it relives tenchion of deciding who is who but still ! its great! =^.^= ! anyone ealse going to dragon con pirate out?

Ryukka
07-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Eeek Jack is awsome XDD Bwaha, I saw pirates of the caribbian last night, it was so awsome. Me and my friend dressed up as pirates for it. (*loves Johnny depp so much*, hes so sexy as a pirate >:3)

I'm not going to dragon con, but the resteraunts sound really cool. I think its a great idea.

Daala
07-10-2003, 03:29 PM
I'd love to make Barbossa's hat .... Sounds like it would be fun. I've always been in to pirate stuff, which is why I love One Piece.
Ebay is selling some of the props, oh the patterns you can make off those images. ^_^

Skullez
07-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Barbossa's hat reminded me of a gardner hat hehe ! my dad loved the hat as well ! u can easy make a regular pirate hat w. his hat as well by just folding teh ends up and eather buttining it up or sewing it.
lol oo must see props!

Daala
07-11-2003, 08:04 AM
I hope you got to see the Jack Sparrow outfit on ebay, very good resource pic.
Barbossa's hat did look like a gardners hat..LOL

Skullez
07-11-2003, 10:10 AM
hehehehe ! i did get to see the photos! I got to see them 5 mine before the beiiding ended! and i got them saved..unless my sister feels tottaly evil and decides to delite them ..if she does i ll kill her!!!

but yes thanks Daala for letting me know about the costumes thye were a huge help !! =^.^= !!!:bouncer:

Ringo
07-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Pirates are making a come back!
Jaason Issacs is playing Hook in the new Peter Pan movie that comes out at Christmas. It looks so good!

Check out the new trailer here:
http://www.peterpanmovie.net

odango-mango
07-11-2003, 01:35 PM
I'd like to make a random pirate costume, when I have more free time that is ^_^

DarkGunner
07-13-2003, 03:52 AM
Gah, I was just thinking how pirateness is coming back in as I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean. *is excited* I luvers pirates. Jack Sparrow ish yummeh, or should I say Johnny Depp? I was actually thinking about cosplaying a sezzay female pirate for Halloween. Score, now I have an excuse to make a corset. I just hope I don't fall off a cliff trying to breathe in it. *lol*

AshleyV
07-13-2003, 06:48 AM
I'm working on one of Elizabeth's outfits for myself and the "pirate chick" for my friend.

Skullez
07-13-2003, 06:39 PM
I have done a few cosplay costumes for halloween in the past from insperation fomr howard pyles marooned. if any of you go to dragon con thats gona be one for maybe a contest entry for most historic costume. not sure yet im lazy and fabrick to make a new one is to much. i only finish things half way =^.^*= but so far Jacks costume is going great for me. i have both mine and my firneds shirts made. now when i get home i need to get more fabrick.

b/t/w what color does Jacks pants look like? i see them as a purple/blue, but then i see navy ..i dono its confusing! what do u all see?

ThatYaoiBoy
07-14-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm excited about Pirates coming back too. I still have yet to see the movie but got excited because I RP a pirate character XD I want a Pirate costume :x

Ragresen
07-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Dragon con has allways seem to have a host of Pirates at it, but this year will be off the wall. It is about thime we got another good Pirate Movie. Last decent one was 'Cut Throat Island.'

kylash327
07-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Just saw this, im SOOOOOOO making a pirate pic... could someone post the pic of Jack's costume from the auction??

AmazonPrincess
07-16-2003, 01:36 AM
pirates rock. I wanna be a pirate. I've got a bodice!! I can be a wench!!! arrrrrrrrg!

DarkGunner
07-16-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Skullez
I have done a few cosplay costumes for halloween in the past from insperation fomr howard pyles marooned. if any of you go to dragon con thats gona be one for maybe a contest entry for most historic costume. not sure yet im lazy and fabrick to make a new one is to much. i only finish things half way =^.^*= but so far Jacks costume is going great for me. i have both mine and my firneds shirts made. now when i get home i need to get more fabrick.

b/t/w what color does Jacks pants look like? i see them as a purple/blue, but then i see navy ..i dono its confusing! what do u all see?

I want to say they are a faded navy/black. I dont know exactly how you could go about getting them to look old and faded but yah, I think that's what they look like.

Skullez
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM
kylash327 i have the photos ill post them in my gallery later on today when i get back to the comp that has the images.

and DarkGunner thanks much for the color help i think u r right !im gona try that out.

Skullez
07-16-2003, 11:55 PM
here are the costume pices that were on ebay. have fun !
hope they help.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4319&ppuser=6814

SynVanSiWes
07-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Yay! I wasn't the only one who dressed up for the movie. My friend and I did, although it wasn't really authentic cosplaying. They were fairly generic costumes. But here's mine.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=60075&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Skullez
07-17-2003, 11:00 PM
:D veary cute! veary gypisyish w/ the bandana =^.^= ! i should post mine but im lazy ! but im back home now * i was at my dads sence june* and i got my digital camera back so i can take more photos =^.^= !!

DarkGunner
07-17-2003, 11:21 PM
ooh Skullez, thanks so much for posting those pics! Do you by any chance have the pic of Jack's stunt double costume? That thing was going for $1000 somthing. o_O

Skullez
07-18-2003, 12:19 PM
nah i didnt see that. i dont go to ebay often but now i will sence i finaly got my own acount ! =^.^= !
but yea the costumes are going up for alout of money !! the ones from jack sparrow ended up to be 17 thousand ! i kid u not. it was so weird to see ppl spend this much on a costume ! but hell i would as well if i was from johnny depp haha !:crylaugh:

Misa-chan
07-18-2003, 06:48 PM
Hehe, I went to the movies the other night and these pirate cosplayers were in line. :D Obviosly we all know what they went to see. Then afterwards, some jumped inside the bus that was in front of the theater (in the pouring rain) and screamed "We claim this bus in the name of blah blah blah" followed by more screaming from their fellow pirates outside. It was amusing, don't you just hate it when these type of things hapen and you never seem to have a camera handy??

DarkGunner
07-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Misa-chan
Hehe, I went to the movies the other night and these pirate cosplayers were in line. :D Obviosly we all know what they went to see. Then afterwards, some jumped inside the bus that was in front of the theater (in the pouring rain) and screamed "We claim this bus in the name of blah blah blah" followed by more screaming from their fellow pirates outside. It was amusing, don't you just hate it when these type of things hapen and you never seem to have a camera handy??

Oh my goodness! What I would have given to see that! *lol* Sadly, there were no cosplayers at either showing of the movie when I went. Hmmm, maybe I should go see it again and dress up. XD

Misa-chan
07-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Well, this was a movie theater in the middle of nowhere in a small section of civilization & college campus in Indiana, so I wouldn't expect anything in town here. ^^

number18
07-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah, my love of pirates and such has always been there. I rp/rp'd a few pirates and tend to collect silly pirate stuff and wheeee! The movie was all...well, totally made me want to cosplay Jack Sparrow...like a total nerd. O,o; I downloaded a bunch of sea shanties and friggan Irish drinking songs like What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor and the like and keep listening to them. There's one song I want to do a skit with ...but pirate skits at an anime convention? Or even a sci-fi one? Is that right? ahhh so obsessed...

And for the obsessed like me, there is this crazy fun massive online rpg thing called Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates. Just check out the site. It's wicked cute. I go by the name of Ysabel.. :D

http://www.puzzlepirates.com

Skullez
07-25-2003, 04:37 PM
number18 if ya like all that irish sailor music you should check out flogging molly! there thus my fave band of all time !

lol !! when i was at key west this week i saw lots of cute pirate stuff. they had a boat at teh docs's called Jolly Roger 2 lol ! =^.^= ! i was amused.

but hey are any of you going to dragon con this year?
if so look for a girl jack sparrow lol.

madhatterr104
07-25-2003, 04:50 PM
lol...skullez, im going as a girl jack sparrow too.. (if i get up enough money to go)

we should have a female jack sparrow group..lol

rpd_girl
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
ha.. I thought you mean the pittsburgh Pirates.. I'm thinking... no they aren't.... I wish!

Skullez
07-25-2003, 05:23 PM
lol my gosh there are gona be alota pirates im guessen then hahaah ! at dragon con i mean lol. so far i had the money but sence i went to key west i need to save up again =T.T=...*sigh* i spent to much money on going deep sea fishing...

number18
07-26-2003, 03:33 PM
flogging molly...never bothered to check em out. are they in the same boat as the dropkick murphys? (is their new stuff any good? I never bought anything past their 2nd album....)

Skullez
07-26-2003, 06:09 PM
ah i never herd of dropkick murphys. but ill check them out. whats a good song form them?
you should check out flooging molly. they are great u would like them there happy good drunken sailor fun !

Lucifer
07-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Me and a friend of mine are actually going to cosplay Will Turner and Jack Sparrow at a local con this coming week. Hopefully I can sweet-talk another friend into being Elizabeth. Maybe a little rum could help...

Skullez
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Cutness ! thats what my friend and i are doing for dragon con. and possibly a anime con cuz im special !

Taru-chan
07-28-2003, 05:55 PM
My friends and I went as Will, Elizabeth and Jack to Comic-con. Our costumes were really ghetto and we were all girls, but yeah...CC lacked pirates so we gave it some. ^_^;; Stupid Haunted Mansion booth...why didn't Disney have a PoTC? Who knows...

~KT~

odango-mango
07-28-2003, 06:05 PM
i was thinking of starting a group for potc costuming/cosplay

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POTC_COSTUMING/?yguid=139625751

please feel free to sign up and we can swap ideas and post pics etc. it's a little bare right now but i'll add to it soon

Skullez
08-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Taru-chan ! cuteness on yur costumes you should post what yall wore haha !

ooo pirate costume swap deal sound good to me.

Taru-chan
08-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks? o_O;; I'm not sure I understand...anyways...*plug*

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=67008&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

~KT~

Nirv
08-12-2003, 09:41 AM
I have allways thought Pirates were awesome, especially since they are Brits! :p. One of my acestors was a great pirate, but my Great Nan never told me his name.

Skullez
08-12-2003, 05:05 PM
..ack yur image didnt work Taru-chan. maybe the site is haven image problems.

OOOOOOOOOOOO Nirv yur ppl were a pirate? thats so coolness! i dono about my family line like that well to know if mine were or not. i doubt it though haha !

Nirv
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
My family tree involves around blood and guts. Knights, Pirates, WW1 Commando's, WW2 Hero's etc.

Skullez
08-12-2003, 07:02 PM
one that i only konwof on my side was in ww2. most my family are imigrants =e.e= ! and cant speak english to well...so its ahrd to get noraml talk about them. but thats for the ones i visit on ocassions.
..but anyhoo ! thats cool how you know so much of yur family line !!

Nirv
08-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I know American teens usually find history boring. But most English teens take interest in it, especially when it can shape the future ;)

Skullez
08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
heh you asume to much. personaly i love history. just b/c i dotn know much of my family past all to well dont mean im not dead into it =P.
right now im taken goverment and world hostory. goverment is a different story cuz im not a democrat or a republican. im a independent.
but yea most teachers in us schools dont teach most teens here the intresting stuff.
so i just go look for myself.

Nirv
08-12-2003, 09:53 PM
I agree with your last point. I had to revise the Russian Revolution, which was well boring. Battle of Hastings and WW2 Africa Campaign was the shit.

kylash327
08-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Got started on my costume ^_^

Skullez
08-13-2003, 07:19 AM
ooo the Russian Revolution. we didnt do anything like that. we looked into it but we didnt go any deeper then the tip of the moutain b/c we were reading a book based off the Russian Revolution.

right now we are learning of teh egyptions in world hostory. for me its a 10th grads class. adn im in teh 12th grade. so far i feel like a kid again. its so ..easy =@.@= !!
no chalange in the class what so ever. im taken it cuz i neded it to get outa highschool.

kylash327 YEY !! Casnt wate to see how yur costume works out for you!

duck
08-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Muaha...I did a quasi-pirate wench at a renn faire this year, though I just grabbed a random bandanna and ended up looking more like a gangsta-wench.

I'd like to do a Mary Read costume someday, but there are about...what...three reference pictures existing of her?

LiL QoH
08-18-2003, 03:00 AM
arrr me maties! Do ye have any Jack Sparrow pictures for me?

Taru-chan
08-18-2003, 05:40 PM
My friend made a website for our ghetto POTC cosplay!

http://www.angelfire.com/film/potccosplay/

^_^

~KT~

LiL QoH
08-18-2003, 07:46 PM
oh my.. *_* the top banner is AWSOME!

Skullez
08-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Muaha...I did a quasi-pirate wench at a renn faire this year, though I just grabbed a random bandanna and ended up looking more like a gangsta-wench.

I'd like to do a Mary Read costume someday, but there are about...what...three reference pictures existing of her?

LOL gangsta-wench !! im amused. when i went the the renn festival here i was just a ..something..i dono what i was but i have the photos here i think.
but yea my best friend and i baught horns and we ended up being" horny wenches" at the pirate parts of the renn and we got all these fake dabloons haha.

but i do actualy have a image of Merry Read. a illistration i have from a pirate book i have had but its the best one i got and the only one i have seen.
if u r intrested ill scan it in for you and let ya have it ! =^.^=

Juliechan27
08-19-2003, 10:48 AM
i'm almost done with the sparrow wig i'm making for a friend.. i tried it on last night XD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=72730&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Jun_Kazama
08-19-2003, 11:10 AM
I love pirates.
I haven't seen Pirates of the carabbean yet, I'm planning on going today if everything goes as planned.
I've alwasy like pirates and pirate related stuff (lol, my sis and i are redecorating out bathroom w/ a pirate theme even).
I'm thinking I'm gonna do a random pirate girl for halloween this year.

Skullez
08-19-2003, 05:12 PM
I've alwasy like pirates and pirate related stuff (lol, my sis and i are redecorating out bathroom w/ a pirate theme even).
I'm thinking I'm gonna do a random pirate girl for halloween this year.

Heh thats cool! i painted my dads bathroom in a pirate theme from Howard Pyle paintings and a few things i made up in it.
im not doen only half way b/c i do not live w/ my dad and i only see him now once a year insted fo 2 times.

Jun_Kazama
08-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Heh thats cool! i painted my dads bathroom in a pirate theme from Howard Pyle paintings and a few things i made up in it.
im not doen only half way b/c i do not live w/ my dad and i only see him now once a year insted fo 2 times.

Coolz, I havent even had the chance to start yet. We plan on making it a rule that you are required to wear a pirate hat (that we will hang outside of the door) if you go in there....don't know how well thats gonna fly but we'll see, heh.

On a side note...

Anybody know of any historically accurate (or semi accurate) female pirate patterns? I'll i ever see in the pattern books are those dresses that are cut in zig zags at the bottom w/ a sash around the waist or something (you know, those cheesy generic pirates). I want it to be accurate (i'll probably modify it anyways so I can wear it to the clubs but I want it to be based off what it would really look like). I want to start soon so I can have it done for halloween.

Skullez
08-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Anybody know of any historically accurate (or semi accurate) female pirate patterns? I'll i ever see in the pattern books are those dresses that are cut in zig zags at the bottom w/ a sash around the waist or something (you know, those cheesy generic pirates). I want it to be accurate (i'll probably modify it anyways so I can wear it to the clubs but I want it to be based off what it would really look like). I want to start soon so I can have it done for halloween.

WEell I have Illistrations of Anne Bonny and Mery Read. There from a pirate book i have, but im sure its the best help that u can get for a acurate pirate lass costume. most pirate women dressed as a man cux in the pirate creed if a women was caught posing as a pirate it was death.

the image is in my gallery if u are intrested in the maken costumes part.

Jun_Kazama
08-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Ah..okies...Maybe I can modify it to be like a more girly type outfit then...I actually wanted a dress or skirt so I'll see what I can come up with...
Or also I saw some patterns for a gypsy type costume at the fabric store so maybe i can use that for part of it..Granted it wont be accurate but I like the way it looks aslo. This costume is gonna be for going out clubbing in and stuff so I want to look cool too ^_^

I'm sure I'll think of something^_^" I'm planning on going to the library and doing some research on it,

DarkGunner
08-21-2003, 09:34 PM
For my chick pirate costume Im using Simplicity pattern # 8851. It has patterns for a lil corset vest type thing, skirt, and poofy shirt. Check it out, it might be able help yah.

Lucifer
08-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I have some pictures of our PotC cosplay. One thing I found interesting is if you don't have hair like Will Turner (which I don't), getting a 3/4 wig is amazing.

Hair extensions are wonderful when being pirates.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=72944&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=68359&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I also looked on ebay when they were selling the original costumes. One of the comiedic (in my eyes) detail on Jack and Will's pants is the removeable flap, I guess for easy bathroom access >.>; But its a hoot to add to pants anyway lol.

lu-san