PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Chess theme Voting

teddybomber005
08-28-2008, 02:30 PM
My helpers and I have been working hard planning to make cosplay chess even better then last year. But we have hit a wall and have been debating which theme we want to go with.

The two are

Old school v.s new school and the cute vs the creepy

So which do you think will make a better match or which one would you rather see?

LanceBardock
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Old school vs new school definitely! lot of cool new stuff but the old stuff is timeless

Shadowoffire123
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I didn't go to Cosplay Chess this year, but I want to go to it next year. Could somebody describe it to me, please?

Lumasnati
08-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd just want to know one thing. I assume Old school is before 1995 and New School refers to 95 and above. Is that right? Cause I would love to see some old school vs. New School. I love your Cosplay Chess, TeddyBomber005. :3 But I'd love to see them both really. XDD

Kyasaren
08-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I think both are good ideas, so people will be fine with either one.

Tigress
08-29-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm voting "Cute v. Creepy" because it gives me an excuse to wear my Harley Quinn and attack pieces with my Sledge of Doom.

But if you go with old v. new school, that could give me the motivation to start my Sailor Iron Mouse...

Artikgato
08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Old School vs. New School most definitely. Though the only costumes I have or can think of wanting to do aren't pre 1995 (er, I don't THINK they are anyway), but they're all pre-2000 most definitely: Suzuka from Outlaw Star, Jun from Shaman King, etc.

But most of the new costumes I'm making are new school. =D

djkidna
08-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Argh tough choice. If it's old vs new, I could do Yusuke from YYH. If cute vs creepy, I could do Gaoh or Scarecrow. Decisions decisions.

teddybomber005
08-30-2008, 09:44 PM
I'd just want to know one thing. I assume Old school is before 1995 and New School refers to 95 and above. Is that right? Cause I would love to see some old school vs. New School. I love your Cosplay Chess, TeddyBomber005. :3 But I'd love to see them both really. XDD

thats about the time set we were thinking of

Grav
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I didn't go to Cosplay Chess this year, but I want to go to it next year. Could somebody describe it to me, please?

Cosplay Chess is pretty simple. We use you, the cosplayers, as living chess pieces, to taunt and kill one another as you chess master dictates. That would be whoever was suckered into playing chess for your side. We generally have a theme to add some extra fun in the mix. The usual good vs. evil characters, boys vs. girls, anime vs. video games. It makes for a better show. You can find clips on youtube actually. All in all it is a lot of fun for everyone involved.

On a different note I'm going to be a more active minion this year. If you ever have a question about cosplay chess, post it on the forums since there is probably someone else with that same question. Teddybomber or I will answer as soon as our hectic university student lives allow.

I hope we break in the new convention center with an awesome match. ^_^

SasuNaru_san
09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
tough choice. but I think it's got to be old school vs new school.

teddybomber005
09-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I think we are going to go for cute vs the creepy!

TenkanTamago
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
This gives me incentive to actually work on my costumes. Been in a huge slump since AZ so I'm hoping this will help tremendously.

Zipchan
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm loving the Cute vs. Creepy idea. :D Because I could be on either side with the same character! (Euphemia can be creepy when she's in massacre mode. XD)

Either way, I'm all for it, and I definitely would love to be in Cosplay Chess again!

djkidna
09-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Sweet. I think I'll go with Scarecrow if I go at all. He's creepier than Gaoh is lol.

Tigress
09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I think we are going to go for cute vs the creepy!

Hehe. I'll start work on my cosplay chess costume in a little while.