PDA

View Full Version : AM Breakfast Inv. ideas...

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 03:52 PM
NO NO NO!! Don't worry AM staff.. lol! This isn't as scary as it sounds. We are a group of people from AX that got together and "invaded" Denny's in costume. It wasn't scary or anything. We just had lunch. And there was only about a dozen of us. And we know not to have, like, scary or revealing costumes. We won't be a disturbance in the slightest, we swear. ^_^ At AX it worked out awesome and the Denny's people loved us... At AX the most extreme part of anybodies costume was face paint and a couple wigs. Other than that it was street clothes.. we are sort of a breakfast/lunch club if you will. ^_^ Don't worry....

Ok, now that you know we aren't here to cause a major disturbance, here we go. We decided to all meet for lunch together at this con too, so here is our thread here..

Let's see, there was the idea of a Pizza place, does anybody know how far away that is? 7-11 isn't exactly the best place for lunch.. lol! Anybody else have ideas?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Like I said, there is a mexican restaurant as well, and that could work. Plus I think there are other food places around. ^_^

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Hmmm.. anything as close as Denny's was? How far?

K_Valentine
07-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Doesn't the hotel where AM is held provide free breakfast buffet to its residents?

Then again, not everyone is staying there.

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 04:55 PM
True. Maybe a restaraunt IN the hotel somewhere?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-10-2003, 04:59 PM
there is a restaurant inside the hotel along with a bar...but since most of you guys will be underage for the bar..it won't work out lol

I hope someone puts a map of the food places near the con soon

Famira Damaris
07-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I dunno about actually eating in the restaurant in the Antelope Valley In - I did it once and...well...it wasn't too good. ^^; I don't know if maybe the food got better tho, but at the time, it made Denny's/IHOP look good. There actually isn't really a whole lot around the area, being Lancaster is a desert and all. ^^;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-10-2003, 05:19 PM
well, I guess 7-11 it is then lol

MegaMako
07-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Yeah ^^. The hotel restaurant was not bad at all.. Pretty nice and homey. Last year, we ate there a few times and it was pretty good. I think it was called the Desert Rose or something. Not sure.

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, I liked walking away from the con in costume. That was cool. But if no other option, we can eat at the restraunt there. ^_^ More suggestions! More!! loL!

tydawgsd
07-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Hmm...I was gonna say maybe a picnic sort of thing. But than common sense kicked in and I realized its a friggin Desert. Mexican or the Pizza place sounds good though.

MegaMako
07-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh :) I see what you mean. In that case, there is also a HomeTown Buffet near there. Its just a few blocks over, if I remember correctly. Not too far.. Not quite walking distance, but still pretty close. We usually hit that place at least 2 times durring the con.

AM Chair
07-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Your group eating choices are:

1. The Desert Rose at the AVI

2. Carrow's & Marie Calendars off the 14 and Ave. K

3. A Denny's at Ave I and 10th West

4. A Denny's at 20th West and Ave. K

5. Johnnies Eatery at Sierra Hwy and Ave K

6. Royal Buffet (Chinese) at Ave K and 15th west

7. Recon Breakfast: Try this facilitie's dining room and check out the surroundings...That's all I can say about that for now:) It's at 10th West and Jackman, near Ave I

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 09:35 PM
OooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!! Buffet!!! That'd be awesome in costume. XD

Ina
07-10-2003, 10:15 PM
buwhaha, buffet sounds awesome!!! annnnnd, more choices on fooooood, yum.

tydawgsd
07-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Thanks AM Chair! So should we take a vote or something on the eating places AM Chair was nice enough to list for us?

RoseDuelist
07-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Ok, I'm putting up a poll, but if the place that wins is more much too far (and we all agree it is) then the second place winner will win. Since I don't know all the distances yet, we'll judge ignore the distance factor for the time being. ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-11-2003, 01:22 AM
I voted for the Chinese Bufffet place. I love Buffets and for the price is worth it :D

Psychotic Jei
07-11-2003, 04:42 AM
I love that Carols! I got to scare the waitress there the other year =D

And the 7-11 scares me. Last year...I walked in on the clerk talking about how he stabbed someone with a bottle in the desert...because the guy pulled a knife on him. @_@;