PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock

daria_jack
07-10-2003, 03:43 PM
And I'm talking about the original 1969 festival! What do you guys think about it! I loved it, still do. I wish I was there, looks like alot of fun. I only watched it in the first place to see the historic preformance by Jimi Hendrix, but I loved the whole thing right away. I believe it's history, I don't think music and festivals would have been the same without it

Faye Valentine
07-17-2003, 08:52 PM
I LOVE woodstock, and all the performers in it. I wish I was alive for it!! *sigh* I mean, come on...Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, CSNY, Arlo Guthrie, The Grateful Dead, Richie Havens...does it get any better??
I've seen the documentary SO many times, and I have my eye on the album (like literally ALBUM, like vinyl...yah!) that I've seen at a few book stores in the bay.
I'm a BIG, HUGE fan of sixties/early seventies music.
They called me the Anime lovin' hippie child back in 8th grade...well, and lots of other names too but we won't get into that. ^.^; What can I say, I'm odd! My music collection conisists of 60's music and my J rock/Anime CDs. lol

Scortia
07-18-2003, 08:56 AM
I wish I could have gone... granted, all the naked and muddy hippies would have pissed me off by the 3rd day. Most of my favorite musicians performed at Woodstock.. shame that I wasn't even born then. ;_;

Faye Valentine
07-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I must agree. Muddy, naked, smelly high hippies would have gotten on my nerves, too.
BUT if we were there back then (actually, I should re phrase that to "If we were alive back then" lol) then we'd probably be uddy, naked, smelly, high hippies too. ^.^