PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad Anime You Actually LIKE!

John Booty
09-21-2002, 08:20 PM
I'm not talking about stuff you actually think is good but doesn't get the respect it deserves.

I'm talking about stuff you actually think IS bad, and you still enjoy it!

I can think of a few...

-Fist of the North Star movie
-Vandread 2nd season (haven't seen the first)
-Saber Marionette

I'll probably think of a few more!

scandia
09-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all:

POKEMON!

Cassandra
09-21-2002, 08:54 PM
*coughs Booty-wards* you meant to put Starblazers on that list too, right? ;)

Umm...I kinda like Yu-Gi-Oh! even though it's pretty bad. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if it's on TV, I'll turn it on. I can't really think of any others.

aeva
09-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Pokémon. Digimon. Record of Lodoss War: Cronicles of the Heroic Knight [actually one of my all-time favorites]. I don't see why they get such bad reviews-- me loves them all. I STILL play Pokémon. And I make it a point to rewatch the Lodoss TV box set every couple months. I wuv it..... much more than the OAVs. The characters are much better, and the plot is better planned. I only see 2 problems with it- (a) they kill off Orson and (b) Neese. grrr. I hate her.

Mei Lan Chang
09-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Ehem. Hamtaro.

John Booty
09-21-2002, 09:34 PM
But Star Blazers is really genuinely good in a lot of places! There's more than a few unbearably cheezy bits of course, but overall I think it still holds up.

It also gets points for being way ahead of its time and *still* having a better dub than 95% of shows today!

Sami
09-21-2002, 10:01 PM
I've been known to watch Pokemon on occassion... *shifty eyes*

sailor-moon
09-21-2002, 10:58 PM
......... Hamtaro....aww! come on! he's just so freaken cute!

Usagi

shiroi_yukiko
09-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Agh. What is the show called? I dunno, its about tennis though and I used to watch it every week in Japan. It was the SAME thing almost every episode! I actually looked forward to it... then again, the TV there wasn't great so I also looked forward to Pokemon. That was a sad, sad time.

diqitaldreams
09-21-2002, 11:49 PM
Boogiepop Phantom -- and Vandread. x_x It's so...bad but I can't stop watching it!

Oshi
09-22-2002, 12:35 AM
I watch DBZ. I don't like it, but I watch it anyway O.o
And I used to watch Digimon, up to about a quarter of the third season.

Maryssa
09-22-2002, 01:02 AM
lol. weddingpeach. its so cheesy. but i adore it.

Michi
09-22-2002, 02:55 AM
Warumono -- Tennis no Oujisama? :D

I LIKE Pokemon. Dammit. In either language, though a lot of jokes are cut out of the English version. :P I adoooore Team Rocket.

Akujin Kaosu
09-22-2002, 04:31 AM
Pokemon for some reason is watchable even if there was something on the other side and the remote was in my hand

:o and somehow the first two films made it into my dvd collection (I blame a hyperactive 6 year old nephew) :o

I never got the Digimon thing though...

Jinx
09-22-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by scandia
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all:

POKEMON!

I'm with Scandia... Pokemon is so cute! @.@ I like really cheesy stuff, like the Spice Girls. :P

Foxwolfe
09-22-2002, 05:49 AM
I dont like sailor moon, but for some reason watch it now and then, like last week or whenever when that SM movie was on CN.

As for Craptaro, I think that show is crap, and dont watch it either!

I was watching pokemon each day when it first came over too, but I prolly thought more highly of it back then.

Rosiel
09-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Sailor Moon. When you think about it, most seasons are rather lame and MOTD-centered, and it has some of the dumbest villains around.

Let's trap the Senshi with a skiiing contest! That's CERTAIN to work!

But I love it anyway. ^_____^

(I will also admit -grudgingly- that no matter how much I hate Angel Sanctuary OAV, and think it's pure and utter crap, I watched it quite a number of times... >__>)

I also like a few episodes of Weiss Kreuz, because they are so bad in a B-movie kind of way, they are /hilarious/. LOL.

shiroi_yukiko
09-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Warumono -- Tennis no Oujisama? :D

Ha ha. Yup, that's the one. It was just so... repetative! He he.

Tenshi
09-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok, it's not anime, but that new He-Man cartoon? It's hilarious in an oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-I'm-wasting-my-time-with-this way.

KuroBara
09-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Hamtaro frightens me, which is odd because I usually love little kawaii stuff! Yu-gi-oh is my guilty pleasure. The sub is infinitely better. I've watched lots of pokemon, but my fave is movie 4, Celebi!

John Booty
09-23-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I also like a few episodes of Weiss Kreuz, because they are so bad in a B-movie kind of way, they are /hilarious/. LOL.
Haha, YES. I saw the first episode and it was so entertainingly bad that I want to see more. The point of the story seems to be, "hi, we're really pretty guys"

Which sort of rules in its own way. I've heard the quality just goes way downhill after the first episode(s), which could either be a bad thing or a good thing, entertainment-wise.

[I edited this post- as if the word "entertainingly" wasn't enough of a mangling of the English language, I originally spelled it as "entertaininglying" !!]

shiroi_yukiko
09-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Haha, YES. I saw the first episode and it was so entertaininglying bad that I want to see more. The point of the story seems to be, "hi, we're really pretty guys"

After watching half of the series, I am still convinced that that IS the point of the story... It was more like an excuse for some voice guys to get togheter and have a band and an anime, not looking for quality at all. The plot just gets cheesier as it goes... But then again, I still watched at least half of the series and that practically qualifies me as a fan! And I do have a lingering adoration for *cough* certain characters...

Rosiel
09-23-2002, 11:10 AM
> "hi, we're really pretty guys"

No no you missed the point.
Its: "Hi we're really pretty guys and we have tragic pasts. Look at our angst!"

LOL

I am almost ashamed to say I watched the WHOLE thing... mostly because I bought fansubs and if I spent $$$ on it, I WILL watch it.

I ended up laughing harder than ever in my life.
The plot gets worse as it goes (the animation too), and when you think it hit rock bottom, it starts DIGGING.

The manga is /really/ pretty though. *_____*

Lovelyangel_81
09-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Dragon Ball Z. I actually can't stand this show, but oddly I feel draw to it sometimes. I catch myself actually watch an entire episode.

What's wrong with me!
*runs and closed door behind her*

Farfarello
09-23-2002, 03:15 PM
I like Weiss Kreuz, the dubb um... whats a nice way of putting this... sucks. But still it's very good, I've seen up to episode 20 and would like to see the rest. (Sigh) I do watch DBZ, but I don't even like it though, why do I watch it?

Ever watch Hamtaro then go and mow the lawn in 100 degree weather, wearing all black and you can't help but sing only two lines of the theme (Thats all you know) song to Hamtaro over and over and over and over ....

engrish
09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
I actually enjoy the dubbing for Those who Hunt Elves. Yah I know I'm sick.

KuroBara
09-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by engrish
I actually enjoy the dubbing for Those who Hunt Elves. Yah I know I'm sick.

So Manly...so manly! I'm with you Engrish.

Tenshisama
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Pokemon... I rarely watch it on TV but i'll go see it in theatres just for Pikachu. Pikachu was huge in Japan when I visited there. I had no idea who he was, so my host family bought me a talking Pikachu keychain and a poster for my little brother. From then on out, whenever I could recognize Pikachu, people would give me something ^_^;; like a sticker, etc etc. So the little yellow mouse has stuck with me ever since.

Hamtaro has to go on the list as well. i mean... so silly yet but the cuteness factor is so high >.<

Dr. Makoti Jean
09-23-2002, 11:21 PM
I love love LOVE Hamtaro! ^-^ I can't get enough of it! I wuv Howdy and Dexter! But I got the hots for Laura's dad. 0.o

Ayaka
09-24-2002, 12:03 AM
I like Weiss because I was finally out of the anime patriarchy I'd been in and could watch CHICK SHOWS without shame. Okay, *mostly* without shame. I prefer Saiyuki though, because the manga rocks, and it's got less angst and more @$$-kicking than Weiss. I just love Sanzo's character, I admit that that's the main reason I'm pretty die hard about Saiyuki. No merchandise with him on it shall go unpurchased, what can I say.

And now that I FINALLY have CN, I've been watching Transformers and new He-Man (it's SO AWFUL lol). And I will admit to finding the first episode of Beyblade entertaining in a twisted way.

Foxwolfe
09-24-2002, 05:32 AM
Lol the new transformers, he-man, and beyblade, where do they come up with this crap! Although I do sit through it while waiting for adult swim for some reason.

Himemiya
09-24-2002, 09:29 AM
Aim for the Ace!! ::falls over laughing:: I *am* going to cosplay that some day! XD

Ayaka
09-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Ah, forgot one - G-Gundam. XD (Apologies to any hardcore Gundam fans, it was the first Gundam series I've seen.) That show cracks me up. I REALLY want to get some people together to do some cosplay from it, like Chibodee and his four fangirls lol.

Foxwolfe
09-25-2002, 04:16 AM
Lol I love gundam, but think G-Gundam is crap, then while looking in a mag over all the different countrys gundams, I now think its even worse. I mean, the Sweden(?) gundam has a giant... WINDMILL on its chest..... wtf. Some of the gundams are just so damn rediculous besides the fact that the series follows the repetative "new episode, new fight" crap that I get bored with way too fast.

I prolly would still watch it just for the fact that its gundam, but I work during Toonami so oh well.

"Shining Fingers!"- Oh shut the F*ck up already.

Rosiel
09-25-2002, 09:59 AM
> I mean, the Sweden(?) gundam has a giant... WINDMILL on its chest.....

If it's a windmill I dought it's Sweden. More like the Netherlands (Holland). ^_________^

engrish
09-25-2002, 11:44 AM
When I was a kid I used to thought He-Man was sooooooo cool. Remember how He-Man runs with his body pointed ridiculously forward? Ohh and how they always say "He-Man" in the background music? It all seems so silly now. :rolleyes:

btw I used to have a crush for Tee-La. My parents bought me a Tee-La (sp) action figure doll and they got really concerned for me because I was playing with it too much. I even made a little bed for my Tee-La doll and placed it beside me every night before going to bed. *everybody gives engrish strange looks* Come on folks I know I can't be the only guy who did this, right?

Rosiel
09-25-2002, 12:39 PM
> I can't be the only guy who did this, right?

I loved my Tee-la action figure too.. but not to the extent YOU did. >__>

LOL But then the love of my life at the time was Captain Harlock.

Carmila
09-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Have any of you actually ever sat down and watched Battle Athletes? I mean it is bad, but I love it. Well, that and One Piece. I used to go over to a friends house every week just to watch it with his host family and kids!

Farfarello
09-25-2002, 03:24 PM
So I'm not the only Gundam fan who thought G-Gundam wasn't very good. Although, it's begining to grow on me

Foxwolfe
09-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Rosiel, thats why I put the question mark after the country, for I couldnt remember for sure and was to lazy to go check the mag.

Rosiel
09-26-2002, 02:06 PM
> Rosiel, thats why I put the question mark after the country, for I couldnt remember for sure and was to lazy to go check the mag.

I'm not even sure I am right, I just came up with a hypothesis on the windmill aspect. LOL.

Ayaka
09-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Windmill related hypotheses, that's what makes a great thread. ^^

And now, for some whining . . . come on, doesn't anyone want to do the silly G Gundam costumes? *whine*

Foxwolfe
09-27-2002, 04:54 AM
Lol like neo germanys jester looking dressy ninja guy? That guys look cracks me up.

Ayaka
09-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Foxwolfe
Lol like neo germanys jester looking dressy ninja guy? That guys look cracks me up.

Yes exactly lol. Most people cosplay someone (if not for character) because they have a cool outfit, I want to see some people do ones that are laugh-out-loud weird.

Rurouni KoLy
09-27-2002, 03:46 PM
:o I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DIGIMON!!! IT'S MY FAVORITE ANIME!! XDD i know it's bad but I still love it with all my soul ^^ and I like pokemon too!! ^^ but I only watch it for the Team Rocket ^^ they rule the world ^_^
Another bad anime is Dotto Koni-chan but I absolutely love it ^^ so funny…

pakachu420
09-27-2002, 09:02 PM
almost ashamed to admit this but...i love watching pokemon!

its just sooo fun to watch!!!
though i am getting tired of pikachu! (im about to set a mouse trap for that sukka

Okita Souji
09-30-2002, 05:47 AM
John Booty, I just find it odd that you didn't watch the first season of Vandread before watching the second. That may have skewed your views of season 2.

Personally, I put Vandread over Nadesico.

Back on topic, G-On Riders has to be one bad anime I watch anyways. Anyone ever see this particular series?

Ayaka
09-30-2002, 02:41 PM
I have the opening theme to G-On Riders, it's been making me curious about the series, but I haven't seen it yet . . .

John Booty
09-30-2002, 06:02 PM
> Come on folks I know I can't be the
> only guy who did this, right?

I can't say I ever did this, but I *am* freaked out by naked dolls to this day. I don't know, the blankly smiling faces combined with the missing naughty bits is just a bit unsettling. (Then again, dolls *with* naughty bits would be even odder)

> I'm not even sure I am right, I just
> came up with a hypothesis on the
> windmill aspect. LOL.

It CAN'T be right! My grandparents are from Holland and they don't wear windmills! Also, they don't have mobile suits, they have a little car. So the characters in the show cannot be Dutch.

> John Booty, I just find it odd that you
> didn't watch the first season of
> Vandread before watching the
> second. That may have skewed your
> views of season 2.

Hah, you're right! I didn't plan it that way. We were tired at AXNY and felt like chilling out and watching some anime. We randomly walked into a room and Vandread Season 2, Episode 1 was just starting, so we watched that. ^_^

Okita Souji
10-01-2002, 12:53 AM
Ahh.

I dunno, all I can say is give Season 1 a try. I may change your opinion of the series.

Adella
10-01-2002, 01:06 AM
*pets Okita's enthusiasm*

Ayaka
10-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by John Booty

> I'm not even sure I am right, I just
> came up with a hypothesis on the
> windmill aspect. LOL.

It CAN'T be right! My grandparents are from Holland and they don't wear windmills! Also, they don't have mobile suits, they have a little car. So the characters in the show cannot be Dutch.

You have to admit, a series where the pilots had a little car (a Geo Metro or something) would be an especially sad entry into the Gundam franchise . . . therefore, they decided that people from Holland have mobile suits with windmills on the front. It's not like the OTHER countries have non-goofy Gundams . . . lol there's equality of silly outfits in the Gundam future.

John Booty
10-01-2002, 06:27 AM
*blink*

*blink*

Ayaka
10-01-2002, 01:12 PM
lol never mind . . . it was late . . . I'm insane . . . best to just ignore me.

Rosiel
10-01-2002, 02:54 PM
> You have to admit, a series where the pilots had a little car (a Geo Metro or something) would be an especially sad entry into the Gundam franchise . .

Well those of us who only have cars call them Gundams sometimes... I had my Gundam Lumina and my friend had his Gundam Green Neon, and he used to draw comics about our cars fighting it out.

Hmm... you do STUPID stuff when you're bored in University, obviously. >__>

Sami
10-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Haha, my very first car I dubbed Eva 00, and it ran for a few years before it decided to crap out on me.. (it wasn't the best car, lots of problems with it >_>).. my second car was dubbed Eva 01, and it also ran for a few years before it crapped out on me.. ^_^; Now my third car is called Eva 02, and I'm hoping I don't have to go through many more cars, because I really don't want to have to name one after the berserker Eva.. 03 or 04, I forget? Either way, yeah, I'll probably stop being a moron by then anyways. ^_^; [/random]

John Booty
10-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Ayaka: XD

KuroBara
10-01-2002, 04:01 PM
::sniffles:: I'm selling my Corsica, so I had to remove the Trigun kuroneko bumper sticker. Oh well, my new (used) car will swiftly have an Utena rose crest on the bumper.

LOL, Rosiel, I can just imagine 2 cars battling it out. Yeah, college does that...

Fireflyprincess
10-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Yugi-Oh and all Digimon seasons though three wasn't all that good.

Ayaka
10-02-2002, 12:22 AM
*sniffle* I want to have a car so I can put anime stickers on it and name it something silly. Even though I can't drive. I did name my bonsai tree, though. (Harusame, mainly after Amidamaru's sword in Shaman King.) Other than that I'm stuck naming computer equipment; my external hard drive is Fuchikoma . . . I've been threatening to name the buildings at my college, since they're all known by their address (eg, 1104, 623, boring as all get out). I named the 600 building "Bob".

Foxwolfe
10-02-2002, 06:31 AM
Must be a girl thing, I cant think of anything Ive actually "named" out of my posessions.

Rosiel
10-02-2002, 10:47 AM
> Other than that I'm stuck naming computer equipment; my external hard drive is Fuchikoma

I name my computers, it makes it easier to scream at them when they are not working. (Blame my Mediterranean heritage, I have quite a temper) I have Nephrite the desktop, Vaio Slanzer de Fanel (who is now deceased), Flik, Hidaka Ken and Sumeragi Subaru.

Why are they all men? Because "computer" in French is a male-gendered noun. ^___^

KuroBara
10-02-2002, 11:06 AM
All of the dorms on my campus have been unofficially renamed. All of the names are from long island's south shore. I live in Animegansett, which is right next to Shithold & Greenpot, but not too far from Bitchampton.

In my defense, I didn't name my car (Roxy), a friend did, and it stuck. My new car has no name. Umm...I did name a fish Nuriko though. It was male, but had a pretty purple tail, so it fit.

Ayaka
10-02-2002, 12:21 PM
> Must be a girl thing, I cant think of anything Ive actually "named" out of my posessions.

Yeah, cause I'm like, so feminine . . . *scatters pink sparklies and skittles out of a magical wand* lol

Rosiel - Vaio Slanzer de Fanel lol! My current computer is named "navi" (like a ton of other people have done, I'm sure). My next computer I'm going to be sure to turn the tables and name it "Lain" instead. ^^

KuroBaraDuelist - Hah! XD That's great. We only had one renamed dorm at my last school; the Crack House (I was in it both years), aka McCracken. Personally my first association with the name was actually the Kraken (sp?), but apparently the other name was far more appropriate when it was given.

Also, it suddenly occurs to me - we were talking about cars battling it out and Sami mentioned her cars were all named after Evas and we didn't make the connection. lol.

John Booty
10-03-2002, 01:48 PM
>Must be a girl thing, I cant think of
>anything Ive actually "named" out of my
>posessions.

Haha, wow. I usually try not to stereotype, but now that I think about it, it *does* seem to be more of a girl thing. Just based on my personal experiences.

Although, with 4 computers on the LAN in my house, I *did* name them to make it easier to tell them apart. ^_^

Rosiel
10-03-2002, 02:02 PM
> I *did* name them to make it easier to tell them apart. ^_^

See? LOL

It's a lot easier to send files from one computer to another by connecting Nephrite to Subaru rather than 14615764 to 598673.

Although even without a network, I'd have named them anyway. ^____^

John Booty
10-03-2002, 02:21 PM
My computers are currently named DUALBOOTY, DARKBOOTY, and MINIBOOTY!

I guess that means they're related to me, like my children or something? Or my wives? Oh, man, I don't wanna think about this any more. I like my computers, but not THAT much! 0_0;;

Whoa. Rosiel, I just realized that's a Rammstein lyric in your signature. Either that, or a quotation that you and Rammstein both borrowed. I *really* like them!

Rosiel
10-03-2002, 02:39 PM
> I just realized that's a Rammstein lyric in your signature.

LOL. Yes! I love Rammstein! And "Engel" would make a great theme song for Angel Sanctuary. Hence the reason I chose it.

^___^

John Booty
10-03-2002, 02:53 PM
That's awesome... ^____^

I've seen Rammstein.... *counts in his head*.... 5 or 6 times in concert!

I always thought of the "Engel" song when I saw your quote, but it never occurred to me until today to see where the quote was actually from. ^^;

Foxwolfe
10-03-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Yeah, cause I'm like, so feminine . . . *scatters pink sparklies and skittles out of a magical wand* lol

So thats what girls do Im not around, I was always suspisious but could never prove it.

As far as naming computers on a lan that seems a bit differnet too me, I mean it just seems like the logical thing too do as to make things more easy. And having things be easy definitly a guy thing cause we are all sloppy lazy pigs... or is that just me?

And yes, Rammstein = good ^_^

John Booty
10-03-2002, 02:58 PM
> So thats what girls do Im not around, I
> was always suspisious but could never
> prove it.

Yes! And when they go to the bathroom, flower petals come out! Girls are such wonderful creatures. I love them... ^__^;

Demented Otaku
10-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Well, back on topic... some of you mentioned Mobile Fighter G-Gundam. Sure, it may a be a goofy series, but unlike Wing it didn't rip off ideas from UC and try to be serious like GW did. I actually enjoy G-Gundam, some of the MS are pretty cool and strange at the same time, and it's interesting to see how Domon resolves conflicts with his opponents. But I prefer UC over the spin-offs anyday. As for bad anime I like... when I'm bored I usually pop in one of my old DBZ dubbed tapes. ( Hey, I was young and dumb! )

John Booty
10-03-2002, 04:15 PM
I like how this thread progressed (regressed?) from bad anime to the bathroom habits of girls!

Good thing somebody reeled it in, I think!

AngelYuki
10-03-2002, 07:44 PM
The ones that I can think of. . .

FAKE (It's so bad, but even when you have to watch it when it's going pink screen it's still darn good.)
DBZ is definatly one that you hate to love
Sailor Moon as well
Miyuki-chan in wonderland
All the Go Nagi stuff is bad in the 80's, (but it does get better. . . and ultraviolent)
Ping Pong club is one that you hate to love but you love to hate

And that's all I can think of for now ^^