PDA

View Full Version : Best or Worst Shoujocon Memories?

SleeplessBeauty
07-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Saturday night 2002? The wedding in 2001? The Asian girl coup d'etat in 2000?

aeva
07-11-2003, 09:24 PM
The Masquerade in 2002. For many reasons, but mostly for meeting Miss Cha, getting an award, and hearing a Duo cosplayer win a prize with the line "Nice Gundam. Wanna screw?"

Koumori
07-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Attacked by the fangirl from hell, Shoujocon '02. Scarred me badly enough that I will never wear a j-rocker outfit in public again.

Michela
07-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Ooh, Aeva: I've always been curious, but what was your masquerade skit about? I know you won an award, but I want to know what you did to earn it!

Uu, I am now in panic mode about my Shoujocon plans... Mike (my cosplay biotch) can't be reached until August and Jen just told me she won't be able to go with us on the Masquerade day (which means I have to use my Plan C routine, but I would have to contact Mike to get his approval...) Though the con won't begin for more than a month, I will put my periodic points of planning panic (alliteration!) on my "worst Shoujocon memories" list ^_~

Cocoa
07-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Hmmm...I've got lots of good memories from last year's Shoujocon, because it was my first anime con, but one particiularly amusing one that comes to mind was the Akio Car whack-a-thon. Every time someone dressed as Utena (there were two or three in the room) went up to hit it, people started chating 'Kill the car! Kill the car!'. Some guy near me even commented that Utena dismantling the Akio Car with a chainsaw or something should be fanart ^^

makonurikoryoko
07-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I guess my best were smashing teh Shiori at the whack athon in my Utena costume in 2001, and in 2002 smashing the Nakago in my Deedlit costume cause I wa sthinking of "This is Otakudom" when the amiboshi thinks Nakago is a hot deedlit.. hehe that amuses me.. anyway.... and then winning first in teh group hall cosplay. I was so shocked we won! :D and winning a judges award too so exciting!

Cocoa
07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Hah, I remember the Nakago whack-a-thon too...he lasted about five hits, I think...my friends and I ended up with part of his cape. I'm looking forward to whatever pinatas they're going to have this year ^^

SleeplessBeauty
07-18-2003, 11:49 AM
lol I was the girl who said "Nice Gundam, wanna screw?" So, thanks! *glomp*

neoangelwink
07-18-2003, 12:03 PM
^_^ best meeting all the new peep that now really good freinds with and beeing in the lain skit.. worst the the drunking car guys that were very rude all the cosplayers.

Zephyrs
07-18-2003, 12:07 PM
the wedding in 2001 was... interesting. That was my very first con ever, so on top of not expecting so many people in costume... there's a wedding going on.

The Akio car whack-a-thon was one of the greatest things EVER.

aeva
07-18-2003, 04:23 PM
lol I was the girl who said "Nice Gundam, wanna screw?" So, thanks! *glomp*

That was you? Awww, you were so insanely nice! >^____^<

ki kuru kitty
07-20-2003, 12:20 AM
I wanted to kill those drunk jocks, but staff wouldn't let me. So I had to lock myself up before I'd cause trouble. Best memory, looking so dam cool in that shiny jacket I had. I miss it

SleeplessBeauty
07-22-2003, 01:02 PM
I loved your stage skit, Aeva! lol I just remeber I was "Oh my God, please don't fall down..." at the end, but you saved it. Hehehe... A moment that made me proud to be a cosplayer. *wipes a little tear*

Casey Catt
08-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Starting a spontaneous free hugs group that clogged a hallway. That was fun. And being repeatedly tackle-glomped by Subaru fangirls, which was also much fun if somewhat bruise-leaving. ;) And the Nakago whack-a-thon, because, woo! Go Deedlit! And the 'Nice Gundam, wanna screw?' line rules all, and my little sister still quotes it at random moments. You've corrupted her. I applaud you.

Melikochan
08-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Best memory: Shoujocon '00, when all of the Japanese girls came into the hotel. XDDD I got stared at by a couple when they were using one of the elevators, it was great. Oh -- both '00 and '01, beating the crap out of Relena in Wack-a-thon. >D

Worst: Shoujocon '00 once more, eheheheh... Getting placed under the care of security 'cause my mom just sort of left me there, overnight, and I was 12 at the time...

SleeplessBeauty
08-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Yes! I've corrupted a child!

AnimeParty
08-17-2003, 09:35 PM
'02 Nakago Wak-a-thon he fell off twice, then they tied him up by his hair....which we have a piece of....