PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Eye patches.....I'll give you a cupcake if you help :)

X-Strawberrt-X
09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
okay, well, I know I'm just a noob at this, but I'm a cosplayer thats just getting started.
and my first major Cosplay is going to be Agito/Akito wanajima from Air gear.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/agito/killerq_2008/Agito/AgitoAkitobyMiychi.gif?o=66
and well, I have most of the cosplay down, even the At's
but the only thing I really want that is actually not that important, but I still want is his Eye patch.
I've checked all of the medical stores and Supplies in my town...and really...its depressing, what if a little person gets an eye injure.
So I wanted to ask if anyone new where I could Acquire one.
it would be a great help for any info.
I'm not apposed to making one, but I want it to look as authentic as possible.
so if you have any tips don't hide them please let me know.

p.s.
if you know how to make one, you should make a tutorial...XD

if you do I'll give you a cupcake....XO

Sakurai_Atsushi
09-18-2008, 02:29 AM
I know that Jlist.com [Or, if you don't like hentai and offensive selling stuff, or are under 18, or just feel like using the other site...] Jbox.com

Sometimes has them in stock.

Also, I saw some in the marketplace here at one point, but I have no idea if they're still available or what date they were being sold, so you might need to look through each section til you find them...

FilthyWarumono
09-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I don't imagine it'd be that hard to make. I made one for a dollfie. xD

Just take some gauze you can get anywhere, and attach some stretchy string that can go over your ears.

StrawberrySiren
09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Okay I made one. Sorry for the lack of pics but I'm out of materials at the moment.

Materials:
a scrap of fabric (you could use gauze but i had some cotton lying around. i save the gauze for injuries.)
1/4 in. braided elastic (or maybe some kind of chord to tie it in the back. but i used elastic.)

1) I made a template of how large I wanted the actual patch part to be. I'd say about two inches on each side. I also traced the template onto the fabric.

2) Cut a rectangle around it. Because of how I attached the elastic, the sides were cut with enough space to hem it normally whereas the top and bottom had more length on them.

3) Measure out how much elastic you need. I did this by wrapping the elastic around my head in the places where I wanted it to rest and cutting that out. Don't stretch the elastic as you're doing this. I just subtracted 1/2 to 1 inch off of my head circumference. The top length I believe will be longer than your bottom one. Or the other way around...I don't remember, sorry. But they WILL be different lengths.

3) Lay your elastic out on your patch and pin it. I pinned it a little far from the outline of the square. I'll explain this in the next few steps.

4) Sew the elastic on. (I just used the typical stitch. I don't know the name of it but I just learned to sew.) It doesn't have to be particularly strong. Or pretty. It just has to stay.

5) Now you learn why it was cut into a rectangle! I folded the end with the elastic down twice, so that the elastic was hidden by the fabric.

6) Sew that down so it's secure.

Now try it on! See if it fits!

Again, sorry for the lack of pictures. They could probably help explain my instructions. If you want, I can post them tomorrow. Homework is preventing me from doing so.

Kayami Naru
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
okay, well, I know I'm just a noob at this, but I'm a cosplayer thats just getting started.
and my first major Cosplay is going to be Agito/Akito wanajima from Air gear.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/agito/killerq_2008/Agito/AgitoAkitobyMiychi.gif?o=66
and well, I have most of the cosplay down, even the At's
but the only thing I really want that is actually not that important, but I still want is his Eye patch.
I've checked all of the medical stores and Supplies in my town...and really...its depressing, what if a little person gets an eye injure.
So I wanted to ask if anyone new where I could Acquire one.
it would be a great help for any info.
I'm not apposed to making one, but I want it to look as authentic as possible.
so if you have any tips don't hide them please let me know.

p.s.
if you know how to make one, you should make a tutorial...XD

if you do I'll give you a cupcake....XO

Hello, I too need help finding an eye patch for Akito Agito. If anyone finds one and can give me the link. Email me please. I am offering cookies and milk...:toothy:

Jolteh
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
For my Agito eyepath I took a 2mm think foamie sheet, and cut a rectangle to fit my eye. then I cut a smaller one, removed the paper on the back that keeps the adhesive there, and attached it to the bottom one. Then I poked smalls holes in the top one with a needle. After that I took some regular, thin elastic, poked some large hole and threaded the elastic through. It didn't take much time at all.

Zerofox Kitsune
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I can vouch for the quality of the jBox eyepatches, because used it for my Agito cosplay. Though I think it shifted a little in these pictures. The gauze wanted to move around a lot that day, probably because I didn't tighten the string it enough.

What you get is:

-2 gauze pieces
-1 plastic pieces with holes on the front
-1 adjusting string attacked to the plastic piece.

It's quite durable, and I reccommend it. Just remember to tighten it and fix the gauze if it slides around.

Kayami Naru
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
I agree on JBOX.com's quality. I'm being Akito/ Agito for a convention soon and I just got my eye patch. It's pretty good quality. :)

XxMURPLExX
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Actually, those are fairly easy to make.
I made one in a matter of minutes for my Natsuo cosplay.
All you really need is some white cotton cut into rectangles to fit your eye, and some elastic.
If you want it to look even more authentic sew some medical gauze onto it.
You would place the elastic in one small loop to fit behind your close ear, then another longer loop to go across your face and go around your other ear. You would sew the elastic in between to two cotton rectangles.

its really quite easy.