PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural cosplays?

Riiko Izawa
09-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm talking about the show on the CW, not random generic werewolves, vampires, elves, etc.

I've seen a few here and it inspired me to get my butt working on my Lilith costume. I love the creepy lil' demon and I want to do her costume before she's killed off; which means I want to premiere her at a con sometime before S4 ends, since I'm sure she'll be dead by the end of this season.

Anyway, how noticeable would a Lilith be to SPN fans? The damn demon changes hosts so many times, it's hard to choose a costume. But I decided to go with her most distinguishable, the dress with the blood on it from No Rest For the Wicked;
http://www.supernatural.tv/gallery/s3/norest/wmplayer%202008-05-16%2016-02-45-95.jpg

Along with the blood on the hands. Since I have a wig that I could easily add a barrette to and matt it/wave it up a bit, I may just do this for Halloween and for a small convention coming around my town at the end of September once I get my hand on some fake blood.

As far as I know, there isn't really trustworthy contacts that are all white that won't blind you, but if there are and somebody can direct me to them for a cheap price, I'd appreciate it. I was also thinking about doing her once she takes over in Ruby's host in the finale, but if people even recognized it, it would be confused easily unless I found some all white contacts.

Anyone else thinking about doing a Supernatural cosplay? If not, input on the Lilith idea?

Rukeya
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
As a fellow Supernatural fan, I think trying cosplay based on it would be a fantastic idea. The only unfortunate part is that the CW is more known for its teen dramas, placing Supernatural on the back burner as well as a less widely 'realized show'.
In honesty, I'm unsure if I'd recognize a cosplay as Lilith even as a fan. Also, because she changes forms so often (as you mentioned), it might be hard to pin point what you'd be cosplaying as just from seeing you.
On the bright side, the downside to that character can also be a strength. Because she switches 'bodies' so often, you don't have to worry about looking exactly like the character you're trying to portray. If you could pull off her insanely creepy attitude- and perhaps drag around a few 'loving hostages', it may be more recognizable.
Judging from the pictures I've seen from your profile- you seem like you could pull off the child-like features (which is what seems to be her trademark).

I've thought about cosplaying someone from Supernatural in the past, but I have doubts in my ability to do so. It's much harder, I find, to emulate someone that already exists if you don't already look similar (whereas what's animated can be better forced).

Bassringer
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
As you've both said, SPN would be hard to recognize, but still a lot of fun. I'm planning to get black lenses for another costume and might use them sometime as Meg.

Riiko Izawa
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
@ Rukeya:
Those are all really good points. I guess I was hoping if there were Supernatural fans around, they'd recognize the costume and all - since it seems to be one of her more 'major' ones since the finale isn't really easily forgotten. But that's also why I wanted to try and find all white contacts (no luck so far online for a decent price), I figured that might make it easier even if somebody would have to get into a close range to tell.
You're also right about it being harder to dress up as a character from an actual show if you don't look similar to them, I had those doubts at first with Lilith (so the comment about me being able to pull off the child like features was a big relief, thanks :)) but then you see all the Dark Knight Jokers and Harry Potter characters that sometimes don't look very similar to the actors, but it's still a fun thing to do. Let me know if you ever decide to go for it!

@Bassringer: Meg would be bad-arse. (; We could wreck demon-havoc.. that is, of course, assuming you lived anywhere near me and we went to any of the same cons, which I doubt both with my luck.
But still, Meg's an awesome character, she's one of my favorite demons.

*EDIT* I found contacts at a Halloween contacts store, do these look good for Lilith's eyes?
http://www.lensmart.com/la/product/default.asp?pid=90937&catid=10908&aparam=soft_lens_technology_blin

RoxyDirKaoru
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I LOVE Supernatural! Can't wait to see you're cos finnished :D

Riiko Izawa
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I LOVE Supernatural! Can't wait to see you're cos finnished :D

Thanks. I can't wait, either. :D
My friend borrowed my Namine wig for a cosplay of her's, so I can't do much with the wig until I get it back early October but progress pictures as far as the dress (and contacts if I can order those ones I posted in time) should be up soon.

Rukeya
09-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Those contacts would look awesome (and creepy)!

Riiko Izawa
09-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll definitely be going with those ones - though it's not the best idea for Halloween since they hinder your sight dramatically as far as I know, I'll have friends with me there and at the con, so I guess it won't matter.

For anyone that has worked with contacts before, I do need to make an appointment to get the proper measurements for a prescreption, right? I've never dealt with contacts before, so I'm not sure.

Bassringer
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
The law says you can't get lenses in the US without a prescription. And it's probably not AS big a deal with regular (non-sclera) sized lenses, but I learned the hard way that not all eyeballs are curved equally, so your optometrist will be able to make sure that the ones on that site will actually sit properly on your eye.

As for con demon havoc, I'm always looking for more cons where I can exhibit. If there are big ones in your neck of the woods, I'd love to hear about them.

Riiko Izawa
09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Good to know then, thanks. I made an appointment with my optometrist for next Tuesday just incase, so good to know I actually do need that appointment.

Hm, Anime Boston's pretty big (and getting bigger each year), and that's really the only one I go to. However, come '09 I'll have my lisence, so I'd be willing to travel out somewhere, too. As long as my friends are up for it, seeing as how those contacts apparently impair your vision, I don't really want to run into walls because of being by myself. aha.

I just realized you're in Canada, that's probably a bit too far for me to be willing to go for a convention. Nevermind. (;

**EDIT** - The first progress pictures of Lilith will be up either October 1st or 2nd, since that's when I'll be getting my wig back from a friend to work on it all together.

Inoli
09-24-2009, 12:33 AM
awww! time to resurrect this thread and see if I cant get more SPN Fans to squee a bit. Anime is fun but I'm finding a new challenge with this XD

For Anime LA I'll be wandering around as John Winchester with my friend going as Dean. really....if someone knows who we are I'll be impressed. but I'm doing the costume for me [as the challenge in this is to make me, 27 YO woman look like a 540/50yo stubbled rough faced man]
I think the hardest part thus far....the clothing and a wig for John o.o; guh! Anyone know any good SPN Galleries?

moonflower.
09-24-2009, 07:53 AM
My friend and I are thinking about doing Ruby and Bela costumes, we just don't know where.. plus we'd need a sam and dean to look recognizable, i think.

Riiko Izawa
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm bringing this topic back to life, since I'm doing Ruby (season 4 GC) for Anime Boston and Connecticon of 2010.

:D

Anyone have any idea how to go about making her knife?

fandalia
09-28-2009, 06:55 PM
oh that sounds awsome i am a huge fan of supernatural. i wish i lived close to boston to see your cosplay.

Riiko Izawa
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
oh that sounds awsome i am a huge fan of supernatural. i wish i lived close to boston to see your cosplay.

LOL. I recruited my friend to join me as Dean.
So, I'll honestly be surprised if anyone recognizes us.

Kat Murz
10-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Sometime this month my friends and I are gathering for a little for fun Supernatural shoot. So far we have *WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 IN THIS LIST!!!*
Sam, Dean, Castiel, Chuck, Anna, Chastity (thats right...we went there...), Lilith, maybe a Ruby and maybe a Lucifer

should be lots of fun running around like dorks. I can't wait to be Castiel X3 I love my trench coat...and standing uncomfortably close to people.

The world needs more SPN cosplay, can't wait to see everyone elses costumes!

Riiko Izawa
10-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Sometime this month my friends and I are gathering for a little for fun Supernatural shoot. So far we have *WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 IN THIS LIST!!!*
Sam, Dean, Castiel, Chuck, Anna, Chastity (thats right...we went there...), Lilith, maybe a Ruby and maybe a Lucifer

should be lots of fun running around like dorks. I can't wait to be Castiel X3 I love my trench coat...and standing uncomfortably close to people.

The world needs more SPN cosplay, can't wait to see everyone elses costumes!

Epic!
HAHAHAHA Chastity. Omg, I love you guys already. I can't wait to see the pictures.

If you live anywhere remotely around me and your Ruby ends up not happening, I'd gladly step in if you decide you need one. :)

moonflower.
10-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I wish i was near you guys! My Bela needs a group -sad-

Inoli
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
XD Any of you live near Colroado ;P sure if... IF my stupid photographer friend ever gets his butt in gear we plan to go up to one of the old ghost towns and get some pictures of my John...and hopefully beat the snow. gotta do the trial run on make up and making me look old XD
I'm waiting for the right wig to come in but at the same time X.x; I've gone one that will stand in alright. blah! what a frustrating day being a cosplayer AND a photographer.

[and Moonflower I love your Shilo! <3]

Kat Murz
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
I live in the middle of the the praries in canada so it's unlikely anyone lives near me, Booo

ahaha yes, the minute we saw that ep. my friend declaired we had to have a Chastity for a few pictures XD Should be lots of fun.

deranged inc.
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
awww! time to resurrect this thread and see if I cant get more SPN Fans to squee a bit. Anime is fun but I'm finding a new challenge with this XD

For Anime LA I'll be wandering around as John Winchester with my friend going as Dean. really....if someone knows who we are I'll be impressed. but I'm doing the costume for me [as the challenge in this is to make me, 27 YO woman look like a 540/50yo stubbled rough faced man]
I think the hardest part thus far....the clothing and a wig for John o.o; guh! Anyone know any good SPN Galleries?

Damn I said I wasnt going to do ALA. D:
Yet I totally want to see SPN costumes!

@ OP
US law says that you need perscreption but if you order from Korea/China/Japan for Soft Contacts, you do not need one. Softs are easier for people who dont use contacts regularly and because they are soft you dont have to worry about scratching your eyes.

Inoli
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Damn I said I wasnt going to do ALA. D:
Yet I totally want to see SPN costumes!

you should come XDD you know you want to!

Sin Satarume
10-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Kinda Supernatural related. I'm cosplaying as Priestly(Jensen Ackles) from the movie Ten Inch Hero for halloween. Btw if there is any kind of supernatural cosplay it's gonna be at supernatural con but the only downside is that the ticket cost is quite crazy.

If you haven't seen Ten Inch Hero...do so it's a fun film about love. Plus it has Dean Winchester in a kilt and various mohawk styles and colors.

Riiko Izawa
10-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Moonflower - Bela! x] Nice. I freakin love her. I wish I was near you, tooo. D:

Inoli - That's awesomee. : D I really wish I had any possible way to get to ALA, seems thats where the SPN fans be 'at. hahahah.

Deranged Inc. - Really? I didn't know about that, but thanks! I'll definitely look into them. Is there a specific website?

Sin S. - People still cosplay Supernatural to regular cons, but I agree it would be awesome to wear a SPN cosplay to a Supernatural con, but theyre not held anywhere around me in the slightest. And ooh, Priestly. Sweet. I love Ten Inch Hero.

deranged inc.
10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
you should come XDD you know you want to!

So very tempting, I'm dying my hair red this weekend, maybe I'll get gradually darker and do Anna. X3

'Cept I don't like her character, the only female I liked was Bela and she's dead and in hell.. boo.

deranged inc.
10-02-2009, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Riiko Izawa;3171000

Deranged Inc. - Really? I didn't know about that, but thanks! I'll definitely look into them. Is there a specific website?
.[/QUOTE]

You know what, there are a few good ones but I'm not sure what they are called. My friend used it and let me check.

Crusader_8
10-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I think it would be difficult to cosplay Supernatural, considering that there's not much beyond normal street clothes that you'd have to wear. Not really a costume, but then again Twilight has cosplay too, so I guess anything's fair game. I'm into Supernatural, but I don't think there's any costume involved with this one.

Inoli
10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
ah but see this is where I jump on my soap box.
what does it matter guy or girl? its simply a costume.
I'm all for cross playing. I find something that is going to be hard about every costume and leap for it. John will be fun cause I get to make myself look not only older but give myself facial hair XD I have a really round face so I've tried a full beard and ended up looking like Bobby instead XD it was highly entertaining.

so yes, normal clothing but the trick is to make sure people know who you are =P a LOT of animes could be called "normal clothing" My closet spit out Gojyo!Saiyuki and Sebastian from er black butler no problem. really.... if you want to get perfectionist about a costume.... you really can with some of these.

Crusader_8
10-03-2009, 12:21 AM
I stand corrected. And I wasn't making notions towards applying a perfectionist attitude towards cosplay at all, but overall the hobby is about costumes. And I also agree that lots of anime have popular characters who would remain indistinguishable if cosplayed (just think every high school anime).

Sin Satarume
10-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Moonflower - Bela! x] Nice. I freakin love her. I wish I was near you, tooo. D:

Inoli - That's awesomee. : D I really wish I had any possible way to get to ALA, seems thats where the SPN fans be 'at. hahahah.

Sin S. - People still cosplay Supernatural to regular cons, but I agree it would be awesome to wear a SPN cosplay to a Supernatural con, but theyre not held anywhere around me in the slightest. And ooh, Priestly. Sweet. I love Ten Inch Hero.

yeah, I know people still cosplay it, I'm just saying, if there was any single place to see atleast a small group it would be at a supercon. Also, I'm sewing the kilt this week.

Riiko Izawa
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I stand corrected. And I wasn't making notions towards applying a perfectionist attitude towards cosplay at all, but overall the hobby is about costumes. And I also agree that lots of anime have popular characters who would remain indistinguishable if cosplayed (just think every high school anime).

The hobby is overall about costumes, but what are those costumes used for ? To look like the character. Im still buying a wig for Ruby and making her knife so its con-appropriate as well as going through to make sure the costume will be 100% accurate, so I don't see how that makes this any different than cosplaying from any other series.

moonflower.
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Exactly. When I do Bela, it's going to be screen accurate, as close as can possibly be (I'm doing http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/819/819281/supernatural-20070911023733909-000.jpg outfit. I'm going to even have a rabbits foot to carry with. ^.^) Maybe people won't recognize me, but a lot of people didn't recognize me as Shilo or River. That makes being recognized by fans even better.

Kat Murz
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Woot! My Supernatural photoshoot is this weeked. It should be lots of fun, everyone involved is super insane excited for it so I'll be sure to post lots of pictures X3 The final cast list stands at Sam, Dean, Castiel, Anna, Chastity, S3 Ruby, Lucifer and Chuck. We tried to find a Bobby and John but couldn't :( boo. Maybe next time.

For now here is my make-up/wig/costume test as Castiel. Did the test so I know what I need to change up make-up wise for the shoot (though we'll be outside so the lighting is more forgiving thank goodness lol). I'm the only crossplayer in the shoot cause we ran out of male cosplayers and I'm 6' so I'm our groups default spare male XD lol

Castiel test, yay (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2302155/)

Inoli
01-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Hiii back and reviving the thread with a Lookie! pictures!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/AnimeLA2010/inoli%20raw/img_0438.jpg
Me as John Winchester [gotta make the ageing make-up a little more noticeable] and my friends as Dean and Sam. This was done at Anime LA this year. XD I did have a lot of fun just suddenly disappearing into the crowd of older men photographers. my friends had a LOT of trouble keeping track of me.

bellatrixkale23
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Hai! I'm new to the site. I've been working on some costumes for Halloween and Dragon*Con and I just wanted some advice.

I plan on dressing up as Castiel but dunno if I should go as the canon version or a gender-bent version... Me being a girl and all has me leaning towards the girl version...

Husk
01-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Well ultimately the choice is up to you. A male Cas will probably be more recognizable but i'm sure if you have the trench and blank expression either way work.

Personally I like the idea of a male Castiel, but again the only opinion that matters if yours. Do what will make you happiest.

bellatrixkale23
01-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Well ultimately the choice is up to you. A male Cas will probably be more recognizable but i'm sure if you have the trench and blank expression either way work.

Personally I like the idea of a male Castiel, but again the only opinion that matters if yours. Do what will make you happiest.

Trenchcoat? Check!
Blank expression/Cas expression-ims? Check!
:angel:
My hair's a bit long but I might go with the male version in the end.

Legatosgurl
01-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I must admit, I was a little surprised to find this thread here.

For this next AnimeIowa (yes, I know, a Sci-Fi character at an Anime Con. Shoot me ;p) my boyfriend wants to Cosplay as Sam Winchester. Now, this makes me fangirl massively, but I'm not entirely sure who I should cosplay in order to, you know, stalk him.

I'm seriously considering going as Bella (To which he responded "Oh, the evil bitch?" ) or Jess, but I"m afraid both would be extremely vague to the non uber geek.

What would you guys suggest? (Reference pic: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10685190&id=712515647&op=1&view=global&subj=505809516 )

God, I look older in this pic...

Ani_BEE
01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I love Supernatural, but the problem with the series for cosplay is it's all street wear. >_<

Lillith in her final act the last episode of the 4th season the white dress, her adult form at lest has something other worldly going on about her.

Also don't know how you feel about Black Sclera contacts but you always know who the demons are with those puppies.

Can't see your photo without logging in.

baw61983
01-30-2010, 01:49 AM
I think the big thing about doing a Supernatural group would be, staying together as a group, since if not, they would look like normal clothes. Which does work too. I plan on going as Season 3 Ruby (the blonde version) to DragonCon at some point, whenever I can get a group together.

HareyuNanami
01-30-2010, 12:11 PM
OMG! When I saw this thread I freaked out!! Supernatural is AMAZING! I always wanted to do a cosplay from it!! XD

Morgann
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking about doing a Ruby (blond) for the Asylum Europe Con. It should be pretty easy, since my hair looks almost like her's and the clothes are easy to get. Eventhough I doubt that people recognise me... it's SPN Con... so they actually might. ^^

I love the idea of Supernatural Cosplay, but you're right, it's so hard to recognise... A friend of mine wants to do Bela some time, but we are still searching for Sam and Dean.

Kat Murz
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a girl and I cosplayed Male Castiel. You just need a lot o' make-up and binding and a good wig (I had to style mine a decent amount).

I have a small handful of pics from our SPN shoot in my cos.com gallery and a make-up test for Cas for those who are girls thinking of being Castiel.
Most of the photo's from our actual shoot are at my friends gallery here (http://usagihikaru.deviantart.com/gallery/#Supernatural-Cosplay)

Sadly it was cold as hell the day we did the shoot, so now we're waiting for the snow to melt to do another shoot on a day when its nicer so we can take better pictures where we don't all look cold and upset XD lol My stubble make-up also started coming off because I was cold and kept hugging people so it start to smudge lol

I think for demons if you have some degree of black out contacts people might get who you are (or yellow, or white) even if its not full eyes and just iris black out I think people who are fans of the show would get it.

deranged inc.
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm a girl and I cosplayed Male Castiel. You just need a lot o' make-up and binding and a good wig (I had to style mine a decent amount).

I have a small handful of pics from our SPN shoot in my cos.com gallery and a make-up test for Cas for those who are girls thinking of being Castiel.
Most of the photo's from our actual shoot are at my friends gallery here (http://usagihikaru.deviantart.com/gallery/#Supernatural-Cosplay)

Sadly it was cold as hell the day we did the shoot, so now we're waiting for the snow to melt to do another shoot on a day when its nicer so we can take better pictures where we don't all look cold and upset XD lol My stubble make-up also started coming off because I was cold and kept hugging people so it start to smudge lol

I think for demons if you have some degree of black out contacts people might get who you are (or yellow, or white) even if its not full eyes and just iris black out I think people who are fans of the show would get it.
I really like this, and your makeup is amazingly good. Might I give a small suggestion though? Misha has a really square and defined jaw bone, while yours is a bit more rounded, perhaps you could try adding some shadow to the corners of your jaw to add a fake contour there? Otherwise, its awesome and I made some photos my favorites on deviant art. x]

Kat Murz
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Glad you liked it ^__^ Its finally getting nice out here so we're hoping to get more/better pictures.

My make-up for that shoot I feel personally didn't turn out as well as I usually can do >__>
I did some shading on my jaw to square it up, though you're right I do need more; it didn't read overly well on camera.
I was also a MORON and A.) Didn't use fixative that day on it, and B.) Kept hugging the other girls when they got cold and hid in my coat by snuggling with them...with my cheek on top of their head...and fucked up my make-up.

So to those doing girl<Guy cosplay...ummm, fixative. Remember to use it or your make-up will get f-ed up something wicked. Especially when running around outside.

In general I stress fixative for shoots and cons when in any make-up, especially heavy make-up like this because it keeps you looking fresh and pretty...
...and then promptly forgot my bottle when I did make-up that morning.

baw61983
04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Aside from the makeup that was mentioned it looks like you all had a great shoot!

kandell
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Are there any Supernatural cosplayers in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area of Nebraska? My sister and I are going to make a few youtube videos and we need a Sam and Dean for part of one.

moonflower.
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Sweet. I just realized I have all the pieces to mostly-accurately closet cosplay Anna. Yay! Good to know for the future

Inoli
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Are there any Supernatural cosplayers in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area of Nebraska? My sister and I are going to make a few youtube videos and we need a Sam and Dean for part of one.

what? you dont need a John? Saddened! I'd drive up there for a Supernatural vid XD

kandell
04-17-2010, 08:52 AM
what? you dont need a John? Saddened! I'd drive up there for a Supernatural vid XD

well we need a Dean and Sam cuz in one of the clips, my sister and i are gonna push past them cuz we're investigating the same case lol

Inoli
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
@Kandell its like pulling TEETH finding two people who cosplay them. My Sam and Dean are in California. =\ There are a MILLION old mines and ghost towns in Colorado's mountains that would be perfect for a SPN Photoshoot/film.
Do hope once you find them to post up a link to your Vid!

kandell
04-17-2010, 10:14 AM
@Kandell its like pulling TEETH finding two people who cosplay them. My Sam and Dean are in California. =\ There are a MILLION old mines and ghost towns in Colorado's mountains that would be perfect for a SPN Photoshoot/film.
Do hope once you find them to post up a link to your Vid!

oh i will! :D
it's gonna be a series of videos for youtube, like a spin-off of Supernatural, focusing on basically female versions of Sam and Dean but a bit of a different storyline :3
i just hope we can find a Sam and Dean :/

baw61983
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Keep checking around. Also, do you plan on having a lot of interaction with them? I have seen people get away with not having the right people but just showing the backs or distance shots. (If you have ever seen the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, they used "Lucy"'s stand in for some of the shots when she first goes through the wardrobe (you have to love commentary)).

UndercoverKitty
05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
OMG!!! LOVE SUPERNATURAL my boyfriend says I'm obsessed lol ^_^ Too bad I'm in California... so I could see all ya'll cosplay. ^_^

kandell
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Keep checking around. Also, do you plan on having a lot of interaction with them? I have seen people get away with not having the right people but just showing the backs or distance shots. (If you have ever seen the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, they used "Lucy"'s stand in for some of the shots when she first goes through the wardrobe (you have to love commentary)).

They're only in the first episode so far, but we have it written where we push past them and Dean checks out the one while Sam and my character just exchange angsty looks. For the parts showing their faces, I might be able to get away with footage from the actual show, but I'd really like to find guys ((or girls)) that look enough like them where we could show their faces and while it's apparent that it's not really them, it gets the point across that it's supposed to be Sam and Dean. Does that make sense? 0.o

baw61983
07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah it makes sense. It is just a bit more difficult with Supernatural because you have to find people that look a lot alike because there are no real "supernatural costumes", just normal clothes (though I guess Dean's jacket and necklace...)

nuriko001
08-13-2010, 02:03 AM
dont forget the sigel burnt into you ribcage:)

Zombie Hadouken
09-07-2010, 05:06 AM
i really want the 67 impala. i tried finding one for months now, no one is selling a 67 impala 4 door hardtop. i have given up looking, but that car is the most kick ass "family car" ever.

Zombie Hadouken
09-07-2010, 05:08 AM
but I'd really like to find guys ((or girls)) that look enough like them where we could show their faces and while it's apparent that it's not really them, it gets the point across that it's supposed to be Sam and Dean. Does that make sense? 0.o

you and a thousand other girls want to find guys that look like Sam and Dean, lol.

SirenaBlack
09-14-2010, 03:59 AM
Hiii back and reviving the thread with a Lookie! pictures!
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/AnimeLA2010/inoli%20raw/img_0438.jpg
Me as John Winchester [gotta make the ageing make-up a little more noticeable] and my friends as Dean and Sam. This was done at Anime LA this year. XD I did have a lot of fun just suddenly disappearing into the crowd of older men photographers. my friends had a LOT of trouble keeping track of me.Dude, I totally saw you guys at ALA. At one point I was gonna go after you guys for a pic, but by the time I fished out my camera you had vanished! I was tipped off at Artist Alley that that's who you guys were, but I think I would have figured it out. I'd like to think so, anyway.

If I had a group I would totally do SPN cosplay. It's my favorite non-cancelled show. I just started text RPing from it, actually. For me looking like the character isn't the point. For someone of my body type, it can't be the point or else I would never get to cosplay anyone since the people on TV and even in animated programs are usually all built similarly. It's rare to find a character that looks anything like me. So forget about following those guidelines.

Inoli
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
@SirenaBlack I'll be back this ALA with John ^^ my Sam and Dean live out there and this is the only time of the year I get to see them. I think sometimes those shows are hard to cosplay from because they have realistic but SET body types. I've done my best not to let that get to me.... but alas as my body type is very much so on the masculine side I can pull off men a HELL of a lot better then woman.... [ do not beat me cosplay friends over my shoulder reading D=] Kinda why I chose John. enough make up I've got the wide shoulders of a man to pull off him....or Bobby actually XD [that has amusing stories of meeting my new neighbors with a full onset beard XD]

and btw... of course we vanish that quickly... we are after all Hunters ;)P . If you wanted [or anyone else] I could totally do gore make up on you and/or friends and we can set up a SPN Shoot that way! it was so funny... of ALL conventions we couldn't find anyone from Silent hill or any of the other horror amines or games to play with D= it was super sad!

SirenaBlack
09-15-2010, 01:27 AM
We'll see, that could be awesome! I don't know what I'll be doing yet.

UndercoverKitty
09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I'd love to cosplay from SPN but the biggest issue I'm running into is that it sees a bit difficult to cosplay from live action stuff. In my opinion. But that's just my opinion. I'd love to but I don't know who I'd be....

SirenaBlack
09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd like to find a red-head and go as Ruby (brunette Ruby all the way! I will never understand why people hate her and like the blond one) with black wings with her as Anna with white ones. I wouldn't care if no one got it.

CloroxEnvy
09-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I've cosplayed from Supernatural! Once you get a few basic makeup techniques down for yourself, it's really not that hard. My Castiel ( http://xnotsoserious.deviantart.com/art/Castiel-Concerned-Closeup-164328765?q=&qo= ) and my SPN group from Acen 2010 turned out pretty well! ( http://xnotsoserious.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2pu58u )

I'll be Cas for Acen 2011, if anyone's going, hit me up! I'd love to start another group.

SirenaBlack
09-16-2010, 02:20 AM
@CloroxEnvy, if I saw you at a con I would totally ask for a hug AND a picture. You look awesome.

[Slightly off-topic, but if anyone likes text RPing my friend just started an SPN text RP. Afraid the boys and Cas are taken, but everything else is wide open and she really wants original characters. It is by application, but that's just so she knows it isn't someone who randomly found the place without knowing what SPN really is. I can send links if anyone's interested (I would post a link here, but it would make me feel like even more of a spammer XD).

Ok, sorry for that commercial break *bow bow*]

CloroxEnvy
09-16-2010, 07:01 AM
@CloroxEnvy, if I saw you at a con I would totally ask for a hug AND a picture. You look awesome.

[Slightly off-topic, but if anyone likes text RPing my friend just started an SPN text RP. Afraid the boys and Cas are taken, but everything else is wide open and she really wants original characters. It is by application, but that's just so she knows it isn't someone who randomly found the place without knowing what SPN really is. I can send links if anyone's interested (I would post a link here, but it would make me feel like even more of a spammer XD).

Ok, sorry for that commercial break *bow bow*]

>w< Thanks very much. We only had a handful of people recognize us but we gave them plenty of hugs and love.

Drop the link over to me. I'll check it out. :3

ItalianPeach
01-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I have 2 versions of Jessica in the making. Her Halloween Costume is almost done, and I am starting on her PJ's with the Smurfs Shirt. I also almost have Jo done. Her outfit from 'Everyone loves a Clown' (The Black Tank, Jeans, and Apron). At one point I would love to make a pregnant Mary Winchester outfit, but we'll see.

kenshin-chan64
01-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Oh good lord, what have I gotten myself into? XD
I casually watch the first episode a few days ago because I was bored and the interweb people say the show is really good...several hours later (SEVERAL) I'm into season 3 and cant stop watching!
And of course, I now want to cosplay from it, but the only girls i know so far are Meg and Jo, both blonds, and I cant pull of blond :/ Damn the boys for being such macho men, my shoulders arent that broad :<

Oh well, I guess I'll just sit on the sidelines for now and tell you guys how awesome 'yall look in yours! :D

ItalianPeach
01-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Ya know, I didn't think about it Until your Post Kenshin, but a lot of the girls that last more then 1 or 2 episodes are blonde. A Few pop up. Have you run into Bela Yet? She is Brunette, and there are a few more in the later seasons.

kenshin-chan64
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I've meet Bela. I dont think I could puller off very well though, as her features are sharp and whatever ancestry she comes from, it's far off from mine XD But I'll put her on a maybe list if nothing shows up.
Without too much spoiling (I dont mind a little bit, I'm never fully in the dark about a series/episode), is there a ginger chick in any of the other seasons? A medium to long length redheaded character would make an easy/lazy cosplay for me XD Just gotta worry about clothes, no need to fuss over a wig.

Eh, whatever though. I'll just continue my watching and if it comes down to it, I could put my and the actor/es' faces into Photoshop to compare facial features and structures (I look into the mirror and all I see is me. I have a hard time trying to imagine myself as another person.)

ItalianPeach
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
The Ginger is Anna, I won't go into any detail other then that. And the fact that I think she is pretty awesome, I really like her.

Also, in season 4, one of the main Chicks of the season is a brunette.

kenshin-chan64
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
There is hope yet XD Thank you very much!
I also figured that if worse comes to worse, I could probably do a Woman in White dead girl :)

ItalianPeach
02-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Not a Problem! Not that I did to much.

XD Random Demons and Ghosts! I always kinda wanted to do the Crossroads Demon. We have a group getting together at Dragon*Con this year, and the only demon we have is a Ruby so far... It is kinda sad... Its not Supernatural without ghosts and demons!

kenshin-chan64
02-16-2011, 02:01 AM
I've seen Anna, and I think she'll make a really easy closet cosplay! :D I have half the clothes now, but I cant decide on a jacket.
I've got three possibilities that I think might work.

This grey one I've had in my closet for a while. It's got a hood on it, but the hood can be rolled up and hidden in the collar (though it looks a little weird when done): http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/kenshin-chan64/quickies/105_0054.jpg

I was at the thrift store today and found an awesome green jacket which looks like this with the large knitted collar detached: http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/kenshin-chan64/quickies/105_0055.jpg

And I found this tan one too. I think this is the best contender style wise, even though it's corduroy and the wrong color (I think I can dye it closer to the green color she actually wears. It's a cotton/poly blend, but the ratio is much closer to cotton): http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/kenshin-chan64/quickies/105_0056.jpg

Thoughts?

Avisu
03-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi there, i'm a big fan of supernatural and I really wanted to cosplay good ol' Castiel, just i'm having problems with the trench coat (of awesome). Can I buy it? What would be a good pattern, Material? etc

I have no clue how to read patterns but i'm sure I could figure it out.

Here is a reference picture

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/a/a2/Castiel.jpg

I was thinking of using this simplicity pattern http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...atternid=13283

Any help would be amazing, thank you

I actually posted a seperate thread, but because I am blind I didn't notice this haha

kenshin-chan64
03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I would recomend you try to hit your local good will and thrift shops. If you go to a large city (for me an example would be LA and Ventua), you can find many diffrent sized shops that might have something.
My last good will adventure, I was in a store that must have had at least 5 overcoats that could have been used for Cas. I wasnt watching SPN at the time, so I had no need for one...damn.
Search around, you're bound to find one this time of year, and if you're lucky it can be as low as 3 bucks! (less than many patters out there! :D )

Avisu
03-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Unfortunately I live in London, and i've raided the charity shops a number of times and I cannot find a coat similar to Cas's one.

ItalianPeach
03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Just keep trying, and always keep an eye out, that is all I can offer you.

Just ordered my Wig for Jessica. Once I get it I only need her Jewelry for her Nurse outfit, and her shirt for her Pajamas. Jo is done' other then the fact that I need to get her rifle. Won't be to much longer until I am done.... Which makes me sad...

I have been thinking about Lilith or a Cross Roads Demon.

kenshin-chan64
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM
I just used LA and Ventura as examples of a situation that I at least notice here in SoCal. Where there is a big thriving city, there's always smaller towns around it with just as many people in it, that are not as well off. Because of that, thrift shops thrive and can be found everywhere.
I dont know what cities are like in the UK, but maybe if you tried searching in some of the surounding towns you might find more.

I just think it would a lot easier to find an overcoat, than to make one XD

And I've found and gotten a pattern that I like for a woman in white dress. I just need to chose a material I like and figure out make-up~

Avisu
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Today was actually my lucky day, Random urge to walk into a charity shop and I found the perfect coat for Cas XD i'm so happy. Just have to add a few buttons and take up the bottom of the coat, it comes down to my ankles haha i feel short.

Bit pricey but I had to get it XD

Shichi
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
AHH I am so glad there's a SPN thread here <33 I hoped there would be.

I didn't wanna make a new post on the con thread and get shunned, but... Is anyone from this thread gonna be at Anime Boston? I might be doing Castiel and if anyone wants to meet up on Saturday or Sunday, I'd love to have some people to awesome it up with. <33

ALSO IS ANYONE GOING TO NJ SPN CON? I'm going be doing 63!Dean with 63!Cas and 63!Gabriel and a bigger group would be mad fun :D

moonflower.
04-23-2011, 01:25 AM
So for dragon*con a group of us are doing Femme!supernatural characters. This is going to be silly. XD But I get to be Cas(sie) and i'm having way too much fun designing my outfit.

MikoBura
05-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I've become a big Supernatural fan these past couple of months. I really love Dean but I think I could pull of Sam better as a crossplay. If I ever would cosplay SPN I'd probably use Sam's design from the anime. :D

kenshin-chan64
05-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I now have a dream to make some of my friends into female versions of all the characters, including the Impala~ Only one of which I know is a SPN fan...this could be difficult to convince the others XD

So for dragon*con a group of us are doing Femme!supernatural characters. This is going to be silly. XD But I get to be Cas(sie) and i'm having way too much fun designing my outfit.

As I was going to bed last night and thinking on how I could make Cas' outfit girly, I came up with a thought of using a pretty blue silk scarf in place of his tie. What were you thinking about doing for that aspect?

jalynissuper!
05-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Planning out my Castiel cosplay! it's not going to be super challenging wxcept for finding a trenchcoat in may... >.>

I'll post test shots soon!

moonflower.
05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
As I was going to bed last night and thinking on how I could make Cas' outfit girly, I came up with a thought of using a pretty blue silk scarf in place of his tie. What were you thinking about doing for that aspect?

That was one of the ideas, yeah. Also doing shorts, boots, black tights, a blouse, vest, and femme trench I think. Kinda bouncing around on designs still. Any suggestions?

kenshin-chan64
05-19-2011, 01:38 AM
That was one of the ideas, yeah. Also doing shorts, boots, black tights, a blouse, vest, and femme trench I think. Kinda bouncing around on designs still. Any suggestions?

Ooh, I like the vest idea, I wouldnt have thought of that~ But I guess the design all comes down to what you like to wear and what kind of look you're going for. You could oviously go simple and just have a woman's suit, pants and all, or a skirt of varying lenghts (the shorter the skirt, the sexyer the look). For example, I personaly hate wearing skirts, so I would go with pants (damn you Amy! XD )
I also think that maybe a jacket with short cap or puffy sleeves would look pretty cute :3

So yeah I dont know, it depends if you want a sexy Cas or an exact parallel Cas. I cant wait to see what you pull together! :)

ItalianPeach
05-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Fem's are always so fun. Though I doubt I would ever actually do it, I have a complete Fem Dean Planned out. I am part of a huge Supernatural Group going to D*con as well (all genders being the true gender) Maybe we will run into you!

BraveKnight
05-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I was told to look into doing Castiel... I used to watch the show a bit but I stopped around season two. Is the anime out? And does anyone know where I might be able to watch it?

moonflower.
05-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Fem's are always so fun. Though I doubt I would ever actually do it, I have a complete Fem Dean Planned out. I am part of a huge Supernatural Group going to D*con as well (all genders being the true gender) Maybe we will run into you!

if you're the group I think you are, I'm trying to join you guys as Mother of All Monsters/Eve. My friend is the Ruby in your group, I think. Unless you have another huge SPN group. XD

jalynissuper!
05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
i'm sorry i thought i had to say this though because you mention Eve. But when they said the mother of all I seriously thought that Lady Gaga might do a cameo. XD I think besides my castiel cosplay I might pull together a lady gaga cosplay together and go as her to the supernatural con as well. I can't be the only person to think this!

ItalianPeach
05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
if you're the group I think you are, I'm trying to join you guys as Mother of All Monsters/Eve. My friend is the Ruby in your group, I think. Unless you have another huge SPN group. XD

It probably is out group... Unless there is another group I don't know about, which is possible, but would be odd.

moonflower.
05-25-2011, 02:27 PM
got my femme!cas jacket today.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247717_10150262343520715_731470714_9357863_6183327 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248181_10150262345670715_731470714_9357876_966420_ n.jpg

moonflower.
05-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Also, unrelated to my Femme!cas, I also got my Anna Milton wig!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251658_10150264117890715_731470714_9372796_7371676 _n.jpg

moonflower.
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Finished both my Human and Angel Anna costumes!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252425_10150269424380715_731470714_9427452_6392671 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248753_10150269424095715_731470714_9427447_8095099 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252705_10150269608370715_731470714_9429095_4398136 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252416_10150271175860715_731470714_9442495_4420349 _n.jpg

Angel Anna. This was my first time ever making a jacket, and I had to make up a lot of it as i went along because the pattern i used was horribly written. I'm going to get better pictures soon

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253760_10150276768405715_731470714_9497087_441716_ n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248787_10150276769330715_731470714_9497098_1233586 _n.jpg

Farfri
06-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Heya,
Yep I'm new.
I'm looking to do a Crowley costume for DragonCon and I've got a few ideas, but dose anyone have a good quality picture of the Colt? or of an Angel Blade? I'm a bit of a prop guy and those two are very tempting to make.
Also, any advice on getting a good blood splatter look for the Butcher's Smock would be appreciated.

lostjuly
06-28-2011, 04:09 PM
@moonflower, your anna costumes are lovely!

moonflower.
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
@moonflower, your anna costumes are lovely!

<3 thank you!

SirenaBlack
06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Moonflower, your Anna is stunning.

moonflower.
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Moonflower, your Anna is stunning.

aww, you're too nice!!

Oh, and I actually got better pictures of the outfit than the ones i posted. I guess i forgot to post them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254909_10150279136565715_731470714_9523050_7206615 _n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249629_10150279136685715_731470714_9523053_106476_ n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248467_10150279136735715_731470714_9523054_1215912 _n.jpg

jalynissuper!
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Heya,
Yep I'm new.
I'm looking to do a Crowley costume for DragonCon and I've got a few ideas, but dose anyone have a good quality picture of the Colt? or of an Angel Blade? I'm a bit of a prop guy and those two are very tempting to make.
Also, any advice on getting a good blood splatter look for the Butcher's Smock would be appreciated.

while i can't really help with the prop department without some real looking. (although i will when i have more time!) I can help with blood spatters!

get some fake blood and a paint brush. (i would suggest some gloves as well unless you want red hands) and getting the blood on the bristles flick them onto the apron. or you can fling blood on it as well with your hands. if you wanted to you can go so far as to put it on and wipe your 'bloody' hands on it as if wiping your hands clean. and he's also got black smugs as well... hmmm.... you could use black paint for that. or even a darker gray.

I wish we could do a Cas and Crowley group together! as annoyed as I was that Cas had lied about teaming up with Crowley and pretty much the last 3 or so episodes I loved their scenes together. XD Crowley is hilarious.

wharrgarbl
07-13-2011, 06:47 AM
hey, all! I've been lurking on the forum without an account for a while and enjoying the pics, but I finally got around to registering now that I have something to post.

Moonflower: awesome, awesome costumes! I have started to see more femme Castiels pop up, and I enjoy seeing everyone's spin on them. I really like your scarf in place of the tie. :) Also, I think I may have run into you at Gally this past year? I was one of the bajillion femme fives on the loose.

Farfri: Can't wait to see how your Crowley costume turns out! I love the character to bits.

I'm planning on doing a femme!Cas for... something. I don't have any definite con plans in the future, but if nothing else, I've made a very, very early start on my Halloween costume. I ordered a wig and it seems to work pretty well, but it has this strange mesh thing below the hairline I haven't figured out what to do with yet. So feel free to ignore the awkward line on my head.

Pics! Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone quality of these.

before wig + makeup: http://i.imgur.com/bZf7C.jpg
blurry, but a good Castiel-ish expression: http://i.imgur.com/qz0IP.jpg
a clearer pic and the wig styled a different way: http://i.imgur.com/zfweo.jpg

I have the rest of the costume more or less pieced together, but it's not quite in presentable form yet. Once I do that, I'll make a point to put up more pictures of a significantly better quality.

moonflower.
07-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Moonflower: awesome, awesome costumes! I have started to see more femme Castiels pop up, and I enjoy seeing everyone's spin on them. I really like your scarf in place of the tie. :) Also, I think I may have run into you at Gally this past year? I was one of the bajillion femme fives on the loose.

I'm planning on doing a femme!Cas for... something. I don't have any definite con plans in the future, but if nothing else, I've made a very, very early start on my Halloween costume. I ordered a wig and it seems to work pretty well, but it has this strange mesh thing below the hairline I haven't figured out what to do with yet. So feel free to ignore the awkward line on my head.

Pics! Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone quality of these.

before wig + makeup: http://i.imgur.com/bZf7C.jpg
blurry, but a good Castiel-ish expression: http://i.imgur.com/qz0IP.jpg
a clearer pic and the wig styled a different way: http://i.imgur.com/zfweo.jpg

I have the rest of the costume more or less pieced together, but it's not quite in presentable form yet. Once I do that, I'll make a point to put up more pictures of a significantly better quality.

Thanks! I got a tie as well, and I think i like that version better.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261764_10150288948465715_731470714_9623874_576095_ n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267594_10150288947800715_731470714_9623871_2378123 _n.jpg

not sure which version i'm using yet.

And yes!! I was there, so possibly! hello!!

also, I love how your wig looks! Also, jealous about your eyes being a perfect color for it. I think i need to go to my eyedoctor and see if he can order me some blue contacts.

I can't wait to see the rest of your costume!!

ItalianPeach
08-08-2011, 02:19 AM
So, I went to a Salute to Supernatural Con this weekend (It was so much fun!) and I finally got to wear a few of my costumes. I got to wear Jess (Nurse outfit), Crossroad Demon, and a Fem-Dean. I should be getting pictures up tomorrow. (Its been a long week, and a lot of pictures to go through) I am so excited. Now just to get some pictures of Jo (Everyone loves a Clown) and Jess (Smurf PJs).

Also! If you have a Creations Salute to Supernatural near you I suggest you go if you can. It is EPIC. I got to meet sooooo many people (Including Misha and Jared, and depending Jensen goes too)

Another also... Everyone looks so good! Whether you are done or just putting it together soon, it all looks awesome!!! <3

Avisu
09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey, so is anyone going to Salute to Supernatural Toronto in october this year?
I'll be going as Cas and I wanted to get some pictures with some more Supernatural cosplayers since there are none in my area

Here's some shots of my Castiel costume I finally got done after a fight to find the trench coat.

http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.com/art/Give-Me-Guidence-256398718?q=gallery%3Akawaii-gin-kitti%2F12040496&qo=0
http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.com/art/Faith-256174851?q=gallery%3Akawaii-gin-kitti%2F12040496&qo=3

Also, anyone know where to get a Jacket like Gabriels? He's also on my list to do.

Hey, also where can i find a shirt/jacket like Lucifers? http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Suj_Sz/Supernatural/season5/supernatural-283.jpg

The others i'm going to do are
Female Castiel - Done, just need pictures
Lucifer - Already got the make up done, will upload pics soon.
Samifer
Doctor Gabriel
Waiter Gabriel (I just love the Mustache haha)
Gabriel
Crowley

sunnystars
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
i'm planning on doing a Sam cosplay, a pizzaman!Gabriel, then also a Jefferson Starship; but if you aren't really looking for them, the most recognizable cosplay would be Cas cause of that overcoat

junkeemunky
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Working on Castiel for a Halloween party, especially since I have almost the same haircut already! Trying to convince my gf to do a character too, but not sure who yet.

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I can haz Cas costume?

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/402468/

It's pretty much done. Just some small details required, like the correct color tie, some blood spatter and blue contact lenses.

I'm so happy. This was totally done on a whim.

jalynissuper!
12-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey, so is anyone going to Salute to Supernatural Toronto in october this year?
I'll be going as Cas and I wanted to get some pictures with some more Supernatural cosplayers since there are none in my area

Here's some shots of my Castiel costume I finally got done after a fight to find the trench coat.

http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.com/art/Give-Me-Guidence-256398718?q=gallery%3Akawaii-gin-kitti%2F12040496&qo=0
http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.com/art/Faith-256174851?q=gallery%3Akawaii-gin-kitti%2F12040496&qo=3

Also, anyone know where to get a Jacket like Gabriels? He's also on my list to do.

Hey, also where can i find a shirt/jacket like Lucifers? http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Suj_Sz/Supernatural/season5/supernatural-283.jpg

The others i'm going to do are
Female Castiel - Done, just need pictures
Lucifer - Already got the make up done, will upload pics soon.
Samifer
Doctor Gabriel
Waiter Gabriel (I just love the Mustache haha)
Gabriel
Crowley

You can find lots of clothes all the guys wear at jcpenney. (that's, oddly enough, where Misha said the original trenchcoat came from.) I think that's where the wardrobe dept shops.

the only thing I haven't been able to find was Dean's leather jacket, but that's a one of a kind anyway.
I'm really excited to see your lucifer makeup! I watched some makeup tutorials for zombie makeup and things but i think it'd be really hard for normal skin color and red underneathe.
good luck!

ItalianPeach
12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
It's been a few months since I have popped onto this thread. I hope everyone had great holidays and A happy New Year.

As always, you guys are really rocking the costumes! Love it!

So in the new year I hope to have a few new costumes be completed. I am mostly done with Sarah Blake (Season 1: Provenance), just need to find her Jacket, and then I really want to get done Lilith (White Dress) for whatever Salute I hope to be going to this year.

junkeemunky
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Castiel costume I did for a party, affectionately dubbed “pocket Cas” because I am so damned small.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/coarse_fur/cosplay/hey_assbutt_sm.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/coarse_fur/cosplay/castiel2_sm.jpg

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
01-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Dude, if you're pocket Cas, I'm like... thimble sized Cas.

Anyways, since my last post I have:

1. Finished my Castiel costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3114678/) and worn it to a con (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3127812/) with a decent sized group.

2. Pulled together a few various Dean outfits and worn them around my bedroom. (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3140834/)

3. Made the most awesome assembly of items in a single ebay shopping cart (http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyi1fdIWL71r5i2x0o1_500.jpg) I have yet to see in order to be the spitting image of a substitute gym coach.

So yeah... I really am excited about Dean from After School Special. Thoroughly expecting to recognized by no one, but that's okay. I'll have tight red shorts and knee high socks. My life will be complete.

Inuki1
02-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Hey guys. I am thinking of going to the Vancouver supernatural con and looking for some cosplay ideas.

I went through the outfits people have done, and it tends to be Dean/Sam/Ruby/Crowley/etc. so Demon/Angel/Human who usually appear pretty human-ish...

For me, part of what makes the show cool is all the monsters and creatures. Plus I prefer to do things nobody else has done. Was a bit disappointed with so many creatures on the show not to see anybody taking a shot at them. I have a bit of experience with SFX Makeup (ie: my Two Face or Zombie outfits), and am always wiling to learn more.

That being said, the show has an endless beastology of creatures. Any suggestions on what are the most iconic creatures, and the ones I could best pull off? I'm male, 5'8ish, normal build.

soraKHdemyx
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I cosplay Castiel, and I saw a Dean at A-Kon, so walked up to him and stood behind him. When he turned around we were almost touching noses. I was just staring at him, trying not to laugh. And he was totally in character! For the rest of the day we were hanging out with a Sam, Gabriel, and Bobby. It was really fun, and we're planning on meeting up again at San Japan!
I almost scared myself when I looked in the mirror after putting in my contacts. I have dark brown eyes and these blue contacts I bought from pinkyparadise made them REALLY blue. And they were comfortable. So worth the amount I payed. (30+5 ship.)

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
06-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Dude, you're going to be at San Japan? Awesome sauce, I'm being Cas on most of Saturday (except for when I have to be the Tenth Doctor for panels and such), and Dean all of Sunday.

I was thinking of planning some sort of meetup, but it's hard to when the only response you seem to be getting on the con forums are crickets...

KGaleway
06-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Crossposting for maximum SOS.

So, I'm trying to cosplay Bela Talbot, but am having the worst time finding a wig for her. She has kind of a ashy light-medium brown shade of hair. The problem is, I just cannot find a wig of appropriate style in a colour that doesn't look flat or synthetic, like a lot of wigs intended for anime/video game cosplay. IE, the colour is way too warm, or has no tones or highlights.

I've checked Amphigory,and kind of like their 'touchable tease' forever young wig, but they don't have the colour available I'm looking for. I have minimal styling skill and would need to find someone else to do any cutting for me, so I'm trying to find something as close style wise as possible.(I'm doing it ala Bad Day at Black Rock graveyard scene) Also my budget is limited. Since all wigs are a tiny bit of a gamble, I'm really looking for not more than $45 on the wig, including shipping. Help?

Pics:
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/thumb/a/a9/Bela_Talbot.jpg/350px-Bela_Talbot.jpghttp://
http://static.tumblr.com/phsqlg7/Wetlo6t7s/100431082_561d8aef-ca4c-4d3f-9222-46f067e8853e-bela.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--Aw6yQfteAY/TyNQZe-hf_I/AAAAAAAABhU/yRbWqMyw0XA/s400/6r7na1.png
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1600000/Bela-3-15-Time-is-On-My-side-bela-talbot-1658852-947-1450.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110430090620/supernatural/images/8/8d/Bela-3-10-Dream-a-Little-Dream-of-Me-Screencaps-bela-talbot-1658679-624-352.jpg

I'm also considerably paler than Lauren Cohen, so I'm afraid even most medium browns will read more as brunette on me.

KnightJeran
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Just thought I'd jump into this thread. -super late to the fandom-

I'm hoping my friend and I will be cosplaying either Dean&Sam or Dean&Castiel (depending on who she chooses when she watches more).

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to cut our hair like them, so I'm in need of wig recommendations for the trio!

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Just thought I'd jump into this thread. -super late to the fandom-

I'm hoping my friend and I will be cosplaying either Dean&Sam or Dean&Castiel (depending on who she chooses when she watches more).

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to cut our hair like them, so I'm in need of wig recommendations for the trio!

Dean is really hard to get a wig for. Jensen Ackles's hair is so short that his scalp is exposed in most places, so really I don't know what to tell you. I guess you could use either a Roni or (though I hesitate to recommend a wig seller I've never bought from) Super Short from the wig store here on Coscom and cut the top down. Maybe go for Dean's earlier season hairstyle where his hair was a little bit longer? It's still really hard to achieve with a wig though. If you do end up using Roni, 24BT/18 would probably be the best color to use.

Castiel and Sam, however, I can tell you exactly which wigs are best to use.

Cas, Roni (http://amphigory.com/wigs_roni.html) is your best option, the hair is even the slightest bit wavy on the sides like Misha's. The top needs to be trimmed up a bit, but this is the same wig I use, so it definitely works. Depending on your skin tone, 2 or 4 are the best colors.

Sam, I actually use a different wig for than the one that I'm about to recommend, but I really don't like mine and I've actually been wanting to replace it. One of my good friends who is an awesome Sam cosplayer uses this wig, and it really looks great. It's Lulu (http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lulu)by Arda-Wigs. The perfect color (Spanish Brown) is unfortunately out of stock, but you could easily get away with Dark Brown, or get a wig in a lighter shade (like Sandy Brown or Warm Light Brown) and dye it to the right color.

KnightJeran
07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Dean is really hard to get a wig for. Jensen Ackles's hair is so short that his scalp is exposed in most places, so really I don't know what to tell you. I guess you could use either a Roni or (though I hesitate to recommend a wig seller I've never bought from) Super Short from the wig store here on Coscom and cut the top down. Maybe go for Dean's earlier season hairstyle where his hair was a little bit longer? It's still really hard to achieve with a wig though. If you do end up using Roni, 24BT/18 would probably be the best color to use.

Castiel and Sam, however, I can tell you exactly which wigs are best to use.

Cas, Roni (http://amphigory.com/wigs_roni.html) is your best option, the hair is even the slightest bit wavy on the sides like Misha's. The top needs to be trimmed up a bit, but this is the same wig I use, so it definitely works. Depending on your skin tone, 2 or 4 are the best colors.

Sam, I actually use a different wig for than the one that I'm about to recommend, but I really don't like mine and I've actually been wanting to replace it. One of my good friends who is an awesome Sam cosplayer uses this wig, and it really looks great. It's Lulu (http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lulu)by Arda-Wigs. The perfect color (Spanish Brown) is unfortunately out of stock, but you could easily get away with Dark Brown, or get a wig in a lighter shade (like Sandy Brown or Warm Light Brown) and dye it to the right color.

You... are... A GOD. <3 Thank you! I had one idea for Dean's hair, but Amphigory took it down just recently (they always take down the wigs I need right before I need them!) and I don't even know the name of the wig, and it's tough looking for it. Grrrr, real person short hair is so difficult! I was thinking about getting a super short wig and then just kinda spiking the hair towards the front. Yes, it won't be accurately short, but that's the price I'm gonna pay for keeping my hair.

Also, I've already taken a great liking to gun shopping. There are so many toy guns that could work, and some beautiful person has set up this website (http://www.freewebs.com/spnweapons/index.html) that names a lot of the weapons from SPN. Shotguns & glocks & knives, oh my!

Lauriana
07-11-2012, 11:18 PM
@KnightJeran
For Dean maybe one of these?

http://www.epiccosplay.com/boycut-mens-dark-brown-short-cosplay-wig.html
or
http://www.epiccosplay.com/boycut-mens-light-brown-short-cosplay-wig.html

I hope it helps!

Avast_Alexis
07-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Has anyone seen any great Meg Masters 2.0 costumes? I'm thinking about putting one together for DragonCon.

This is the pic I'm planning on using for a reference. (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eHkTwd4aRic/SwoDKypW-uI/AAAAAAAASeU/Oh_VyGYD9KA/s1600/Meg-Masters.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eHkTwd4aRic/SwoDKypW-uI/AAAAAAAASeU/Oh_VyGYD9KA/s1600/Meg-Masters.jpg)

It's looking like the pieces will be a black motorcycle jacket, purple-ish tie dyed shirt, dark trousers, necklace, knife and kick arse shoes. Am I missing anything? And great examples to share?

KnightJeran
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
@KnightJeran
For Dean maybe one of these?

http://www.epiccosplay.com/boycut-mens-dark-brown-short-cosplay-wig.html
or
http://www.epiccosplay.com/boycut-mens-light-brown-short-cosplay-wig.html

I hope it helps!

Thank you, love. :heart: I ended up ordering the darker one since I know that the lighter one is actually pretty darn red. I wanted to order an Anytime Hawk wig from Amphigory, but they don't sell them anymore, and neither does the original company. Shammmeeeeee. We'll have to see how it goes. I may or may not have bought a Castiel trench today too... so I'll be searching for his wig too~!

I'm also in the market for Dean's green/olive cargo jacket. I found one in black, but... nope.

lawnmowerelf
09-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyone know where I can find a Dr. Sexy name tag and badge or a close-up enough screencap so I can make my own? That's the only things for my Gabriel as Dr. Sexy costume that I haven't been able to find.

Also, has anyone made a Hell Hazers II t-shirt like Dean was wearing in Hollywood Babylon?

KnightJeran
09-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I finished my Dean cosplay (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3292191/). I wore it for NDK2012.

http://photo.cosplay.com/81090/3292191.jpg

I hope I did him justice!

Identity-Crisis
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm having a really hard time finding a wig for Lucifer since I let my hair grow out.
Any suggestions?

Rei2Rei
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Has anyone been able to ID Castiel's tie? I know it's Calvin Klein, but I'm having trouble finding any other information about it.

Thank you! <3

KnightJeran
10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Has anyone been able to ID Castiel's tie? I know it's Calvin Klein, but I'm having trouble finding any other information about it.

Thank you! <3

http://hells-half-acre.livejournal.com/307696.html has ID'd it.

"Dk. blue fine diagonal self-stripe, broken down 'Calvin Klein'"

The issue with his tie is that the costume department bought it thinking he wasn't going to be around for more than a few episodes, so now they have to get it specially made (for a LOT of money) so I don't think you'd be able to find it.

wickedknightx
10-09-2012, 07:02 PM
i am bobby
FB link:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3591420712075&set=a.3087753960721.2130062.1470090230&type=1

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/481919_3591420712075_413465005_n.jpg

redsheep
10-09-2012, 07:34 PM
i am bobby

You are awesome. XD

KnightJeran
10-09-2012, 09:52 PM
i am bobby

DUDE, YOU LOOK AWESOME AND JUST LIKE HIM.
Rockin the beard. Rockin it.

SherlocksViolin
10-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Bobby. That, good sir, is fantastic! A+++

soraKHdemyx
10-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone here going to Ikkicon in your Supernatural cosplays? I'll be Castiel and my friend will be Dean.

bana
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
So for some reason I have the sudden urge to cosplay as fem!Castiel, even if I'm only t season 4. I really want to make wings but ahhhh money, and they probably wouldn't turn out that nice either. Q_Q

patriciarakel
12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm a little late to the Supernatural game, but I started the series about a month ago and have flown through it! I'm already on season 7! I would really love to cosplay Jo Harvelle. Partially because she's one of my favourite characters in the show, partially because she's a complete and total badass, partially because it's a fairly simple cosplay, and partially because her hair is similar to another character's I'm cosplaying and I never miss a chance to double up on wigs. :)

Speaking of Jo, does anyone have any suggestions for type of boots to get for her? I'm thinking I'll mostly be doing her black tank top look from 'Everybody Loves a Clown', but I can't see what type of boots she's wearing, and I'm not good at identifying boots, anyways. XP

bana
12-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi guys! I want to cosplay Cas, and was looking at wigs on Arda. Does anyone have any suggestions on what wig and/or colour to get? Thanks. :)

EDIT: Would "Rocky" work? Someone posted a picture of it, shown here. (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224804_431242503615742_539468513_n.jpg) On the site, it seems as it's too thin too work, but seems like it could possibly work in the customer's photo?

KnightJeran
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi guys! I want to cosplay Cas, and was looking at wigs on Arda. Does anyone have any suggestions on what wig and/or colour to get? Thanks. :)

EDIT: Would "Rocky" work? Someone posted a picture of it, shown here. (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224804_431242503615742_539468513_n.jpg) On the site, it seems as it's too thin too work, but seems like it could possibly work in the customer's photo?

Imho, I think Rocky is too short for Cas. It's super layered and the layers are short. It seems that the general consensus is that the Roni from Amphigory is the best bet, though for my Castiel cosplay, I purchased a dark brown boycut short from EpicCosplay I intend to dye a little darker with sharpies.

However, if you're set on an Arda wig, I suggest the Jett or Hansel with some trimming and styling. Or some trimming and styling on a Five Wits short black wig.

bana
01-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Imho, I think Rocky is too short for Cas. It's super layered and the layers are short. It seems that the general consensus is that the Roni from Amphigory is the best bet, though for my Castiel cosplay, I purchased a dark brown boycut short from EpicCosplay I intend to dye a little darker with sharpies.

However, if you're set on an Arda wig, I suggest the Jett or Hansel with some trimming and styling. Or some trimming and styling on a Five Wits short black wig.

Thanks for your opinion! :) I may go on doing Sam now, I'm not so sure between the two. Any ideas on what wig/colour from Arda would be good for him? I'm aiming around season 4-5 if that helps. I was looking at Hansel in spanish brown or dark brown, but I'm not too sure again. I like to make sure. :)
Thanks!

KnightJeran
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks for your opinion! :) I may go on doing Sam now, I'm not so sure between the two. Any ideas on what wig/colour from Arda would be good for him? I'm aiming around season 4-5 if that helps. I was looking at Hansel in spanish brown or dark brown, but I'm not too sure again. I like to make sure. :)
Thanks!

I've actually asked this question and gotten a lovely answer, and I've ordered the wig but I sent it home rather than to university because I didn't need it quite yet, so I can't help you with what it looks like. Yazoo_the_Kazoo recommends the Lulu from Arda in Spanish Brown. (http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=4452022&postcount=119) I have Lulus in different colors and it's actually a great wig that only needs a bit of styling. If you part it down the center, it doesn't show 'like woah here's the net!' so it's quite nice.

But if you feel that the wig would be too long for you and you don't want to cut it, since you're aiming for 4-5 Sam, the hansel or the derek are really nice wigs that you can comb and get to lie flatter, and the layers would already be there. Be sure to look at as many customer photos as you can to see what people have done with theirs and what length and style you like the most.

bana
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I've actually asked this question and gotten a lovely answer, and I've ordered the wig but I sent it home rather than to university because I didn't need it quite yet, so I can't help you with what it looks like. Yazoo_the_Kazoo recommends the Lulu from Arda in Spanish Brown. (http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=4452022&postcount=119) I have Lulus in different colors and it's actually a great wig that only needs a bit of styling. If you part it down the center, it doesn't show 'like woah here's the net!' so it's quite nice.

But if you feel that the wig would be too long for you and you don't want to cut it, since you're aiming for 4-5 Sam, the hansel or the derek are really nice wigs that you can comb and get to lie flatter, and the layers would already be there. Be sure to look at as many customer photos as you can to see what people have done with theirs and what length and style you like the most.

Oh I see, thank you! I'll have to figure out on a wig then, hmmm.

soraKHdemyx
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Supernatural convention in Dallas? It's in September. I'll be Gabriel with 6 giant wings.

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
02-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey, guys, long time no see! Tumblr has sucked me into their grip, alas... XD

Anways, a few new cosplays for you guys, so sorry, very photo heavy post.

First off, finished Coach!Dean:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgbila29W1r5i2x0o8_500.jpg

Added 2014!Cas to my Castiel rep:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m80gafk7s51r5i2x0o1_500.jpg

As well as Meta!Misha:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8cxqfah4I1r5i2x0o1_500.jpg

And Leviathan!Cas, which I wore for karaoke at the Supernatural con in Chicago, but sadly only a few pictures exist of. It was a killer makeup job, I swear:

http://media.tumblr.com/a56c00c4f70b87a5c7dfcad6bd1c461d/tumblr_inline_mi51jlJ1dK1qz4rgp.jpg

I have a Garth cosplay now too:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdawr1wY8o1r5i2x0o1_500.jpg

And Jo Harvelle is in the works:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/05fe68cc7b347dbc7ff0673a491d1ef1/tumblr_mf790q9OAo1r5i2x0o1_500.jpg

Also planning to work on Dean's LARP outfit from LARP and the IT Girl (wig, face paint and all), possibly to make some wings for Cas, and maybe pull together Anna Milton... I've kind of gotten into the SPN cosplay in a big way, you could say. ^^;

And it's been over a year! Usually I move on by now!

KnightJeran
02-17-2013, 05:06 PM
[actually cries over yazoo's amazingness]

Your Coach Dean is perfect. You look incredible.

I especially love your Meta!Misha. Where did you find that sweater!? I NEEEED ITTTT.

Mango pancakes
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I am starting to work on A dean cosplay, I just need to figure out witch wig (arda) I want to use. I was thinking about a Jett in Spanish brown

soraKHdemyx
02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Anyone going to A-Kon is their SPN cosplays? And seriously Kazoo, your cosplays are AMAZING. I am in awe.

Aciano
03-04-2013, 11:42 PM
So I've been thinking of doing a Kevin cosplay from season 7 LOL. Mainly because I can't pull off the really short hair look that he has in 8 :X But ended up coming out with this out of boredom.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/04615f0303be6f51363dd47ce02159c2/tumblr_mj65908fUh1rn4968o1_400.gif

KnightJeran
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
So I've been thinking of doing a Kevin cosplay from season 7 LOL. Mainly because I can't pull off the really short hair look that he has in 8 :X But ended up coming out with this out of boredom....

Omg, I recognize you from tumblr. You are too precious. What a great Kevin! We need more Kevins! /spreads kevin love

ChatNoir
03-25-2013, 09:40 PM
So my friend and I decided just today that we're going to do fem! Sam and Dean cosplays for Tekkoshocon, which is in less than two weeks. XD This was not in the original game plan, but we wanted to do matching/group outfits and her Doctor Who one isn't going to be done on time.

We're not going for super!fem but just like...if they were still badass hunters, just women.
I'm being Sam, and I have a blue and white plaid shirt but I'm still looking for a jacket. Then I'm going to wear jeans and boots, plus the anti possession tattoo and ruby's knife. To fem it up a bit I was going to do some neutral-ish makeup (browns and greens) and maybe get boots that have a bit of a heel on them. Luckily, I already have season 8 Sammy hair so I won't need a wig.
My friend who's being Dean is deciding between a black jacket and a plaid one, I don't know other details except that she's going to do red nails I think.

Basically, any suggestions for us, especially throwing these together so last minute? ^^;

Meredith
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm planning on doing a shoot with my (very tall) friend as Sam/Lucifer and myself as Adam/Michael over at a graveyard behind my house (it's an empty lot and we're going to be respectful, no worries)

I'm trying to figure out the contouring though. I know my face is already pretty similar to Adam's (YAY) but I can't tell what I should shade/highlight. Can I get some suggestions? I know my bangs are a bit too long and my eyebrows need to be done- any other suggestions?

My face:
http://imgur.com/2EL0oxV

Meredith
04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Anyone going to A-Kon is their SPN cosplays? And seriously Kazoo, your cosplays are AMAZING. I am in awe.

I'll prob be walking around totally unrecognized as Adam Milligan... I'm deciding if I should have some sort of sign on my back or something about "you all forgot about me" or the infamous "still in the Cage" or something so I don't get confused with Dean...

I'm not buying a badge though, so I won't be able to do much- I'd love to hang out and do a shoot with someone or at least meet other fans from Dallas as I just got into the fandom a month ago and don't know anyone in my area I can fangirl with.

Nurikowolf
05-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Just a lurker here, that is trying to get some advice :3

Anyone have any suggestions for a wig for Gabriel? I think I'm set with my Cas wig and costumes are actually pretty much done. I'm planning on doing a Casa Erotica Gabriel, mustache and all ;)

Any suggestions on a wig for him, would be amazing!

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
05-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm planning on doing a shoot with my (very tall) friend as Sam/Lucifer and myself as Adam/Michael over at a graveyard behind my house (it's an empty lot and we're going to be respectful, no worries)

I'm trying to figure out the contouring though. I know my face is already pretty similar to Adam's (YAY) but I can't tell what I should shade/highlight. Can I get some suggestions? I know my bangs are a bit too long and my eyebrows need to be done- any other suggestions?

My face:
http://imgur.com/2EL0oxV

You're right, you do have a very similar face to Jake Abel! I'd say start with standard contouring. Your temples and underneath the cheekbones, mainly, to make your face a bit more angular/ thinner. Then, your nose as well, to make it narrower. Here's a link to a crossplay makeup tutorial I made a few years ago, it gives you a better idea of what I'm trying to explain:
http://sock-monkey-renegade.deviantart.com/art/My-first-FtM-makeup-tutorial-208360508

Just a lurker here, that is trying to get some advice :3

Anyone have any suggestions for a wig for Gabriel? I think I'm set with my Cas wig and costumes are actually pretty much done. I'm planning on doing a Casa Erotica Gabriel, mustache and all ;)

Any suggestions on a wig for him, would be amazing!

For Gabriel, if you don't mind spending the money on it, a lace front wig like Cady (http://arda-wigs.com/products/cady) from Arda in would be ideal, because Gabriel generally has his hair pushed back. With some trimming, you could also probably use Ada (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_ada.html) from Amphigory. Also, search ebay. The options are limitless there.

Nurikowolf
05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to have someone help me style them as well. My sister should be able to. I'm trying not to spend too much on wigs, since I don't go to too many cons. This will be my first one, who knows I might become addicted XD

soraKHdemyx
05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Anyone here going to A-Kon? Also, I need a bit of help on ideas for Gabriel. I'm making some "angel grace" for him and don't know what colors or charms to place on it. Anyone got ideas?

Nurikowolf
05-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Not sure, perhaps golds and earthier tones for him. If you wanted to be cheeky, perhaps some fruity candy colors thrown in? I'm not sure how you're going about it. Oh! Do you have suggestions on what kind of wig I should use, since you are going as Gabriel.

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I am going to A-Kon! I'm being Castiel for a day, I believe. My girlfriend is being Morrigan and she wants to take spoof pictures based on the "Morrigan Does a Thing" video.

I feel like since Gabriel's eyes are described as the same color as "whiskey with sunlight shining through it" it would be cool if you could make the grace that same shade of amber.

Canonically, grace looks like this:
http://www.tvchitchat.net/images/h391.jpg
And doesn't seem to have any charms or adornments. In fact, it almost looks as if its casing was created organically when it hurtled to earth (in my opinion). So I don't know if you really want to add many charms or anything. If it were me, I'd keep it simple.

soraKHdemyx
05-10-2013, 08:04 PM
So maybe make some light brown/golden putty, with bits of blue, green, yellow, and red specks? And yeah, some charms wouldn't work that well...except that I'm planning on giving it away as a gift necklace.
I'll be Gabriel most of Friday, since my Supernatural panel is that night.

And my Gabe wig was given to me from a friend though I styled it like this (looks better when it's actually on):
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3f794697f28bbec550351ffdd7da5abc/tumblr_mmm09dxD5Z1rye3iyo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/1ec5c5ad3705bd7c6acd988e5686ec71/tumblr_mmm09dxD5Z1rye3iyo2_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/81828f6be3b90d618b79e772db3daeb6/tumblr_mmm09dxD5Z1rye3iyo3_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ca26cb4c38e39d0e528525f68a3a54cd/tumblr_mmm09dxD5Z1rye3iyo4_1280.jpg

(Sorry the images are HUGE)

soraKHdemyx
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
And of course I take the bobby pins out when I put it on.

Yume Yokohama
06-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone I plan on cosplaying female Cas. I would like to have his angel blade commissioned. Is there anyone that has made the blade before that i could commission?

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
07-31-2013, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone I plan on cosplaying female Cas. I would like to have his angel blade commissioned. Is there anyone that has made the blade before that i could commission?

Search Etsy. I seem to remember someone on there who made replicas. A quick search turned up this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/150680424/custom-unfinished-supernatural-cosplay?
Which may be perfect for your uses, or you might not want to have to finish it yourself. I dunno. Your call. I've only ever borrowed my friend Amy's for pictures, I don't have my own.

AND NOW...
(drumroll please)
I have decided to cosplay as Abaddon because she is my queen and I love her.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/460811/
I should have the costume finished by the end of the week to take some pictures of.

ICanDoZatKeptin
07-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Yay! Supernatural cosplayers! So I'm working on a Sam Winchester Cosplay for debut at Otakon 2013 and from research, I'm guessing that the only way to really determine what you're cosplay from is by key details. [Except everyone seems to know Cas. He stands out well] I mean, just going as Sam is hard because I have no Dean, and I'm just someone walking around in a plaid shirt, stubble, and a knife. That's probably what'll give it away though.

KnightJeran
09-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Yazoo I ADORE YOUR ABBADON! I might just have to add her to my cospplay list because DAYUM I love her so much. Though I have to choose between her Devil casual outfit and her dress!

I almost wore Cas to the Winchester Mystery house in California but it was way too hot to go in cosplay.

Also... wings. I need wings. Where are all my winged-cosplayers at? (:

wolfchild59
09-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm actually working on wings for a Castiel costume using head lamps and cut-outs to create a shadow effect behind me. (I'll be inside the entire time at the location I'll be wearing the costume). Here's a really crappy pic of the last place I left off. (just a paper cut out and testing the lamp distance from the wall, I rotated the pic to match the bad angle I was holding the set-up at). http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/wolfchild59/Stuff/photo2_zps540c517f.jpg

And I also wouldn't recommend that Angel Blade shown above from that Etsy store unless you are very experienced with working with resin. I ordered one and have spent the last week or so getting it usable, with probably at least another week's worth of work on it. When it arrived, it looked like it came straight out of a dying silicone mold. Huge chunks of resin where there shouldn't be anything, bits of the silicone mold trapped in the resin, and air bubbles and dimples up and down the whole thing. Plus, I spent all last night making the handle and hilt area round again because it looks like they molded it in a one piece mold and squeezed it out of shape in the middle because the top of the handle and hilt were basically a triangle.

It was a good base to start from after I cleaned all of the initial mold flaws up, but I've had to add a lot of apoxie to get it usable and I'm redoing the entire blade tomorrow. I'll post some pics of that once I get it done.

It's actually a whole group of us going. I'm Castiel, two friends are Sam and Dean and my husband is going to be Bobby. But I'm having a heck of a time finding an accurate Bobby vest or even a pattern for one!

littlegoten
09-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I love Supernatural cosplay. I feel like I do it every day of my life - I believe in layering and I own a lot of plaid, and I have Dean's ring which I wear pretty regularly. I've considered maybe cosplaying as Ruby, the Gen version. I've got similar eyebrows to her, which are a pretty prominent part of her face, I think.

Aciano
09-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Alright~ So next project instead of Samandriel is going to be working on Kai-art (http://kai-art.tumblr.com/)'s Final Fantasy Supernatural AU! Well, at the very least Cas.

This little image right here (http://24.media.tumblr.com/63356b0c3cd9f91d79268fd73866c770/tumblr_mteluvlv9m1rnn2o4o1_1280.jpg)

I'll probably do Sam in the future though. I'm planning to probably debut this at Anime Expo if I go but if I finish it before hand, then I'll do it to another con before that. But yeah! Hopefully I can get someone to do Dean and Sam when I do this though!

uss enterprise
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
i cosplay fem!castiel. i'll put pictures up if anyone's interested

starfishhx3
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
I normally cosplay Castiel with my Team Free Will, but I also cosplay Sam Winchester sometimes (when I'm feeling like wearing plaid and my friend cosplays Lucifer c:).

Serako
10-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Oh, thank chuck, there's some supernatural cosplayers here :angel:
Maybe this is the wrong thread but I figured it be best to ask people of the fandom. I've been wanting to cosplay son since season 4, and now it's season 9 ( procrastination babe) buuut I've got no clue who I could pull off, if anyone's willing to give out some tips I can post a picture of myself, if not sorry for spamming the read.....

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
10-20-2013, 07:50 PM
You don't have many pictures, but judging by your icon, I'd say Jo.

Serako
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, thanks for the imput :3
AND omg, I was just on your DA page!!!!! I'm a huge fan of your cosplays!!!

potexaco
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Yay more Supernatural cosplayers! So far I've done:

Sam Winchester (genderbent)
Impala (1960's design)
Abaddon
Leviathan Castiel
Castiel (with 12' mechanical wings!)

And future plans are:

Dean Winchester (normal and Gym teacher)
Original design Trueform Leviathan
Ezekiel (again with mechanical wings)

So glad that there's more of us around! :bigtu:

Serako
10-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Ohhhh I'd love to see you do dean in gym shorts and Ezekiel!!! How long did it take you to make the mechanical wings? It sounds impressive!!! :D

potexaco
10-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Ohhhh I'd love to see you do dean in gym shorts and Ezekiel!!! How long did it take you to make the mechanical wings? It sounds impressive!!! :D

Im super excited for the gym shorts! Its for an event we run in Vancouver cons called The Walkoff, and the plan is to have a full, everyday Dean outfit overtop and have it strip rigged so that I can strip down to the gym shorts on stage. Its going to be a challenge and I'm so excited for it!

They took me 3 months, however the majority of the time was spent dealing with feathers, either dyeing them or attaching them to the wing frame. Ezekiels wings I could probably get done in a couple of weeks!

There's pics on my account if you'd like to see! :) and well, according to the cast and crew they are very impressive! But Im just proud of the work I did and the fact that I did it!

Serako
10-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh my god please please please record the walk off!!!! I'd love to see how it turns put!!! Annnnnd know I'm going to go stalk your stuff to see those wings!!!

Mehdia
10-27-2013, 12:51 AM
While it's not technically cosplay, I've been working up some ideas for Supernatural themed corsets since I will be making and selling my corsets at a convention next year. I have a few ideas involving plaid, the demon trap, the angel banishing sigil, and the Winchesters' tattoo. I'm also working up a whole look for a Castiel based corset that I hope to have done soon. And while it's the plan to put it up for sale, if it turns out like I see it in my mind, it's going to be hard to part with it.

Master Null
10-27-2013, 09:11 AM
I have cosplayed fem!Castiel before.

MaryWesker
11-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Oh yes! Other Supernatural cosplayers! <3 I'm cosplaying from the series for the first time in January and I'm super excited. ^_^

littleWTFdots
11-25-2013, 03:48 AM
Hey guys. So I'm planing on cosplaying as young Mary Winchester and I'm having trouble finding this shirt (http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2410/Supern63MattCohen.jpg) or something similar to it. I'm still looking but I figured I would as for some help.

I already have this shirt (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/92/23/48/9223489025f7f342c2752544d9a15e9a.jpg) but I would like to have another outfit for her just incase.

Aciano
11-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Getting a bit close to finishing my male human!impala cosplay. Waiting on my pants and a few things to come in and need to style the wig that I got for it. But it's coming alone pretty well.

Impala (http://spellatdawn.tumblr.com/post/68301358730/the-makings-of-the-impala-haha-im-having-fun)