PDA

View Full Version : *cough*

Jibrille
05-21-2002, 07:55 PM
*cough* random *cough*

Well its good to know that the baltimore convnetion center was just a rumor and that it gets to go home to arlington va. though its farther for me i heard its better down there.
AND THERE WILL BE POCKY GOODNESS! ^^

i have an excellent feeling about this con... even though its still far away. lol

(changed post so people wont read it and panic. lol)

Ranma Saotome
05-21-2002, 08:18 PM
You're kidding right?!

Adella
05-22-2002, 03:18 PM
OMG they don't allow the sale of pocky? Are these people on CRACK?! GEez the ACEN masquerade seemed to have a theme = advertise pocky. @_@ Why would they not let Katsucon sell it? Thats dumb. I say you guys go on strike outside the convention center. LOL!!

Jibrille
05-22-2002, 05:19 PM
well, it seems to be the rumor as to where they are going to have it...so i am going to pray it doesnt happen.
considering they got KICKED OUT PERMANENTLY from the hotel they are in.(there was graffiti or something and they hate us now)
and like OTAKON, if its in the Convention Center, there wont be any pocky. my two biggest cons... if neither of them have pocky i might die...

Oshi
08-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Yes, yes... The reason they could not sell Pocky...
The Baltimore Convention Center has an exclusive contract with Aramark, that only they may sell food. So, unless Aramark decides to sell Pocky, nobody can sell Pocky... ^_^;
At least they have sushi... though... $8... not worth it -_-

Ayaka
08-01-2002, 10:12 PM
I wonder if it's illegal to bring large amounts of Pocky and sell it OUTSIDE the convention center . . . *evil grin* hmm, well, I'll remember to pack plenty of Pocky, anyway.

Sami
08-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Isn't Katsucon going to be held in Arlington VA this year? (next year? you know.. the next Katsu) Or am I just making it all up? ^^;

I was EXTREMELY cranky that there was no Pocky to be had anywhere. ~>( I had to run off that overpriced Starbucks stuff. Although it did kick in nicely later in the evening.. mwehehe..

Studmaster
08-01-2002, 11:27 PM
I thought Katsucon 9 was going to be in the Crystal City in Virginia myself? (http://www.katsucon.org)

Jibrille
08-02-2002, 03:06 PM
then its good the rumor was just a rumor now isnt it. ^^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-05-2002, 07:39 PM
KATSUCON (Not Otakon, sorry) has moved back to it's home town of Arlington VA by Virginia Beach! w00t! Much better then the Marriott or whatever.... those Security Guards blew!

lulu
08-06-2002, 12:22 AM
Oh okay that explains it...Im really slow I didnt know why there wasnt any pocky at the otakcon...

Neon Genocide
08-06-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by ME-MANIA-Sama
Otakon has moved back to it's home town of Arlington VA by Virginia Beach! w00t! Much better then the Marriott or whatever.... those Security Guards blew!

When did otakon move to Arlington Va, I thought it was only Katsucon?

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 10:17 AM
::SMACKS HIMSELF IN THE HEAD HARD:: I needed caps to exclaim that... I did mean Katsucon, but I was distracted by all the extra Otakon talk... lol.

Neon Genocide
08-06-2002, 10:47 AM
*sigh of relief* That scared me a little, itís a shame that Katsucon left Baltimore, guess Iíll just have to drive a few hours farther.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 10:55 AM
::nods:: Don't worry I was just temporarily retarded, but I'm fine now. Anyway, yeah.... but the people in Baltimore were real @*&%&#@)%#*&%(#^(*#^!##%$! Ohya... and they sucked too.

Security guards all like DON'T STAND THERE, OR THERE, OR ANYWHERE IN THIS BUILDING 'CUZ IT'S A FIRE HAZARD!

Neon Genocide
08-06-2002, 12:22 PM
actually to think back, I wasent' yelled at this year at all besides the hotel, but thats a totaly different thread all together. Guess I was being good this year. But yeah they were a little more strick with there rules.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 03:22 PM
LOL, well it's the truth, they sucked at that hotel, and yeah... there was that wedding at the hyatt this year at otakon, now THAT was fun, people staring at me odd 'cuz I'm half naked and have a bright green wig on!

Oshi
08-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Oh... so it's not gonna be in Baltimore... hm, now I'm having second thoughts about going... it's another hour drive or so to Arlington, I think... oh well, I got plenty of time to decide.

Jibrille
08-06-2002, 07:25 PM
yes, its nice that its not in the stinky baltmore hotel anymore, but more driving sucks...
geez... all cons anymore are in virginia.... my next 3 cons are all down there... ><

Celine
08-06-2002, 09:53 PM
As awful as Baltimore is, moving Katsucon back to Virginia might make it impossible for me to go. And I had sooo much fun last year... what a shame. Bah to the organizers for moving it further from PA. :P

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 07:15 AM
LOL, well it's the truth, they sucked at that hotel, and yeah... there was that wedding at the hyatt this year at otakon, now THAT was fun, people staring at me odd 'cuz I'm half naked and have a bright green wig on!

Were you that Gau from FF6 at otakon?

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Am I the only one who is happy about the move? They are making Katsucon ultra-local again! (Well, for ME)

Three years ago, I actually commuted to Katsucon via the metro in my Zoisite costume. That was fun and CHEAP. ^___^ Although most of the costumes I wear /now/ would probably scare commuters...

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 08:33 AM
its more fun that way to scare people. I like the looks from the people outside of the anime convention. Its kinda cool to see them make a double take.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 11:23 AM
I bared my Gau fangs at people who looked at me strangely in that shopping center foody court by the convention center. I was just like BAH ::fangs lil children:: hehehe... I kept flashing my fangs at this little girl that kept starring at me, and when her parrents stared my mouth was shut, it was so much fun!

So I guess that answers your question, Yes I am that Gau! ::says like Vash dub "Yes I am that Man!"::

Kurenai
08-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Okay....on the Katsu site it said it would be held in Arlington, VA, yet it says the hotel is Hyatt (or whatever chain) Crystal City. Is this the same place? ::is from way up north::

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda confused about the location as well . . . I don't know where either place is. oO I DO know where VA is, lol . . .

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 06:19 PM
LMAO, well... who knows.... I'm just going to Katsucon no matter what... I'll cross all over VA... 'cuz it's a LOT more organized and easy to find people and still have fun even if it is in a small lil hotel area.

Nyoko
08-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Ditto.... its also closer for me that way.... and maby there be pocky.... beacuse there was at katsu 7... well anyway ME-MANIA-Sama if you go next katsu look for me! k? I am going as Kenshin.... I just came to a relisation, I cosplay as guys ALOT......

Neon Genocide
08-08-2002, 07:04 AM
yeah pocky would be nice, now I just need to talk my roommates into driving me down to it. They usualy go to otakon with me but I don't know if they want to go to anymore conventions.

Treacherous_B
08-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Well, Katsucon -is- being held in VA (as I'm told it should be), which means that there may be Pocky to be had. However, if there is not, myself and a few other members of the Shensin Gumi (death by silly string since 2002) shall be selling pocky ourselves to attempt to relieve some of the potential drought. Attendees who are part of the LARP will assuredly run into us, as we are running the affair this (next, whatever) year (although no LARP information is available at this time).

-Treacherous_B

Neon Genocide
08-08-2002, 02:00 PM
I like your quote's Ph33r with great ph34r. Raah to L33t...
lol

finaly a convention I go to that'll have pocky....

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-08-2002, 03:30 PM
I'll try and look for you, I'll be easy to spot out as Gau or Ashton, 'cuz nobody else cosplays them ^_^

GoGo
08-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Katsukon was much better in crystal city

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Treacherous_B
Well, Katsucon -is- being held in VA (as I'm told it should be), which means that there may be Pocky to be had. However, if there is not, myself and a few other members of the Shensin Gumi (death by silly string since 2002) shall be selling pocky ourselves to attempt to relieve some of the potential drought. Attendees who are part of the LARP will assuredly run into us, as we are running the affair this (next, whatever) year (although no LARP information is available at this time).

-Treacherous_B

Then I shall be the kenshin that buys all your pocky!

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 10:33 AM
I'll try and look for you, I'll be easy to spot out as Gau or Ashton, 'cuz nobody else cosplays them ^_^

OK then!

Treacherous_B
08-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Good good...ALL should buy pocky from the Shensin Gumi!

Kellie
08-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Hai, usually with Katsu being held in Arlington, it means loads of pocky. Baltimore is retarded for such dumb rules. Trust me, I've lived in Baltimore for 19 years. ^^; They'll come up with all sorts of stupid things to keep money rolling in. As for Katsucon last year, I didn't get to go, but from what I kept hearing, I'm glad. Is it true that were times where there was absolutely nothing happening? And I heard the security guards were little snots too. The sad part about it is that people thing otakus are going to blow the place up or something when in all reality, the people I meet at anime conventions are nicer than the people I've known for years. So yeah, just random babbling while I get ready to leave from work. :D Yatta for Katsu being in Arlington! @_@ ::goes to make reservations::

Nyoko
08-13-2002, 12:26 AM
That a true fact....

Neon Genocide
08-13-2002, 07:47 AM
Very true...

kelldar
08-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey, can someone tell me which airport is closest to the hotel? I've got to make plane reservations but I have no idea, I'm clueless about that area.

Kellie
08-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Dulles Internation Aiport or the Ronald Regan/National Aiport at the two closest airports.

If you want the address to Dulles, you might be able to find it here (http://www.metwashairports.com/Dulles/). As for the other one, I'm not sure. ^^; I looked on google (http://www.google.com) for the other one.

Hope those help and good luck!

kelldar
08-14-2002, 09:02 AM
thanks so much!! :D

Neko Cathy
08-14-2002, 10:56 AM
THERE WAS POCKY AT OTAKON BECAUSE I GOT A BOX!!! ::suddenly goes silent:: I appologize... that was completely random.

::ahem:: pardon me for the shouting. I am dead serious I got a hold of Pocky, but it was in the most unusual place. A friend and I dropped her little sisters off at Ota-chan, which is a place to drop off annoying chibis instead of dropping them off at the gate of Hell for Satan to deal with.

Anyways, I noticed that there were a couple of boxes of pocky sitting on a table, so I asked one of the people working at the station to hand me a box of Pocky... and they did! It was good... but it wasn't made in Japan.

Hmmm... looks like a lot of people are crazed about it. Maybe I should buy a couple of boxes at the Asian Markets in Rockville (the nearest one is a half an hour away from my house anyway) and hand some off to random people at Katsucon. ... or sell them. That sounds good... and I wish I got my paycheck today to buy more...:drink:

Neon Genocide
08-14-2002, 11:49 AM
mmmm... pocky

KuroBara
08-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Pocky was available at the mall food court right across from Otakon at the sushi place. Still, it's not the same! Ooh, Katsucon, wasn't Yu Watase there last year?

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
I wish I had known this at that time!!!! AHHH I NEED POCKY....Well I can go for a 1/2 hour drive to Globle Food and get a few boxes....And bring a few to Katsu...

Treacherous_B
08-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Hmm...other people bringing Pocky is bad for business.

I regret to inform you that you must all be silenced. I am hiring Ninja to take care of this immediately...

^_^

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok the I will not bring pocky... I shall still be the kenshin to buy it all from the Shensin Gumi..... ^.^

Treacherous_B
08-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Excellent...your compliance shall be rewarded *waves Ninja away from Nyoko's back*

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 01:34 AM
*glomps ninja that was going to attack her.* ^_____________^

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 02:03 AM
Well, if I can't sell Pocky, I'm gonna be the (magic!) chocolate mushroom dealer instead. XD That and Kasugai gummies, and Ramune marshmallows for the more daring. But no crunchy crabs, they'd get crushed in my suitcase . . .

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 08:18 AM
THE CHOCOLATE SHROOOOOMS!!!!!
*glomps Ayaka*
OH THOSE ARE MY FAAAAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD OF POCKYESQUE PRODUCTS!!!

*goes on an online hunt to find them*

my first con, katsucon, is where i discovered them.. and i havnt been the same since. lol

Neko Cathy
08-17-2002, 10:26 AM
Hehehe, so did I @ Otakon before Mystery Anime Science theatre. This guy in a seat in front of me was nice enough to give one after showing him my freshly bought FF7 doujinshi with a page of Rude getting a piece of Tifa's... erm, nevermind.:thumbsup:

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 11:45 AM
*.* how much is the pocky and chocolate mushrooms going to be sold for?? ^____________^ it may be a bad thing to feed kenshin, I may keep comeing back and I will become attached to you......

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 12:49 PM
lol I don't remember what I paid for the 'shrooms at Mitsuwa, but I only bought one box so I'm SO going back for more. Eheheheh. I'll totally bring some. I might give samples, just to get people addicted . . .

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 11:43 PM
addicted I shall become ^.^

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 11:46 PM
katsucon sells great pocky products... *nod nod*
some stands even sell the giant pocky.

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 11:48 PM
giant pocky o.O now I got to get my self some of that....

Ayaka
08-18-2002, 01:11 AM
Heheh they ought to require people to have that stuff "peace knotted", it's dangerous. XD

Nyoko
08-18-2002, 01:31 AM
peace tie pocky o.O why don't I just eat it all and save them the peace ties.....

Ayaka
08-18-2002, 10:40 AM
My friend said there was a guy at Otakon dressed as a box of Pocky, with a big stick of it (fake I guess? He didn't say) to beat people off when they started drooling and coming closer . . . wonder if they peace tied his giant stick of Pocky . . .

Oshi
08-18-2002, 11:52 AM
Yes, yes, I saw that guy... Yes the stick was fake =P
No, there were no peace-ties at Otakon...

Treacherous_B
08-22-2002, 12:57 AM
Chocolate mushrooms and other assorted goods being sold, eh? Hmm...

Well, I'm sure we'll have our fair share of Pocky business. And, even is we make less than desired at Katsucon, there's always Otakon, where money for Pocky will flow like water.

Heh...

Nyoko
08-22-2002, 08:28 PM
you all still got me and my kenshin group to buy your pocky
^___________^

Kendo_Bunny
09-04-2002, 09:59 PM
So Pocky is included in the bribe now... (makes not to work overtime in the food securing department)
So that's fudge, a large quantity of Pocky, two gallons of chicken and rice, two boxes of granola bars, thirty bottles of water, two cases of soda, and a few packages of Yan Yan. O.o Well, I'm taking requests, and my prices are very reasonable (how much better can you get than a full meal for a Chibi pin?)... so start making requests *cracks knuckles*

pookie-kun
09-04-2002, 10:33 PM
katsucon is closer to me now ^-^ yay.. XD I might ride my Motorcycle to it then.. though.. nevermind, i wont be able to pack all my cosplay stuff then >.< unless someone else from around me is going and can haul my luggage rofl

Nyoko
09-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Kendo_Bunny
So Pocky is included in the bribe now... (makes not to work overtime in the food securing department)
So that's fudge, a large quantity of Pocky, two gallons of chicken and rice, two boxes of granola bars, thirty bottles of water, two cases of soda, and a few packages of Yan Yan. O.o Well, I'm taking requests, and my prices are very reasonable (how much better can you get than a full meal for a Chibi pin?)... so start making requests *cracks knuckles*

lot-o-food.... o.O

Nyoko
09-08-2002, 05:40 PM
I saw someone with a box of some of that giant pocky... oO I really need some of thet... so big....

Sakura
10-08-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm sooo glad that Katsucon is going to VA... now I won't have to worry about those horrible pervs that walk the streets of Baltimore... @_@; seriously, I couldn't get past one building without some weirdo leering at me or saying gross things. That was all at Otakon, this will be my first Katsucon ^_^v I can't wait even more now!

HuongStar
10-09-2002, 01:07 PM
This year's Katsucon had the most gorgeous hotel and I'm sad that we won't have it in the same location. Stupid con kids have to ruin it for everyone else.

I know people had beef with the hotel staff but you can't beat the gorgeous location and wonderful hotel.

Aurongutang
10-09-2002, 02:29 PM
So it's going to be in Arlington, great, thats where I work.... Where in Arlington.... Crystal City?

Oh yea, someone said Arlington was by VA Beach earlier... I guess it's a matter of opinion, but VA Beach is like 3 hours away.

leilanihime
10-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Umm....
I've been reading a bit of this thread, and thought...

You guys do know that it'd be almost definitely illegal to sell pocky in ANY manner without a vendor's license (inside, outside, anywhere).

*is sorry to burst the congregative bubble*
Leilani