PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth Help needed - The arm fins.

Cyn
07-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea how to go about starting to make the fins that are on his arms. Another problem is even if I made them, I wouldn't know how to go about bracing them onto my arms. If anybody can throw in any suggestions, that would be very helpful. Thanks :)

strychnine
07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Hullo!

Well, here's my suggestion. I've made an arm bracer out of foam before, and it's pretty good. Put it together with a gluegun and it'll rip *way* before it comes apart.

http://animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/kingdomhearts/full_10_1024.asp

Now, the fins look to me like they're attached to a bracelet on each arm, so you might want to start there. Find something that would be suitable to go around you wrists, that is flat like his.

If you want to MAKE the bracelets, I would suggest shaping something out of a clay that you bake to harden, like fimo, then find some spray paint and paint it well. After that, since you don't want the pant to chip, cover it with 2 coats of clear gloss glaze. It's about $3.00 for a bottle. Let it dry and move on. (a suggestion; make sure there is an opening in the bracelet big enough for your wrist to pass through)

The fins could be made out of black foam. The foam is good because it's light, it stands up easily, it can be shaped, and it's about a dollar a sheet. Cut each angle of the fins seperately and glue them together, then glue them to the bracelets.

strychnine
07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Hullo!

Well, here's my suggestion. I've made an arm bracer out of foam before, and it's pretty good. Put it together with a gluegun and it'll rip *way* before it comes apart.

http://animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/kingdomhearts/full_10_1024.asp

Now, the fins look to me like they're attached to a bracelet on each arm, so you might want to start there. Find something that would be suitable to go around you wrists, that is flat like his.

If you want to MAKE the bracelets, I would suggest shaping something out of a clay that you bake to harden, like fimo, then find some spray paint and paint it well. After that, since you don't want the pant to chip, cover it with 2 coats of clear gloss glaze. It's about $3.00 for a bottle. Let it dry and move on. (a suggestion; make sure there is an opening in the bracelet big enough for your wrist to pass through)

The fins could be made out of black foam. The foam is good because it's light, it stands up easily, it can be shaped, and it's about a dollar a sheet. Cut each angle of the fins seperately and glue them together, then glue them to the bracelets.