PDA

View Full Version : Saber Marionette J cosplayers for Ushicon

Space Invader
09-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Hiya! I was just wondering if anyone here is planning on cosplaying as any of the Saber Marionette J characters for Ushicon. I personally am doing Tamasaburo, one of the palace guards, and I think it would be really spiffy if anyone was going to do the marionettes, the saber dolls, or the other guard, Baiko.

Let me know!

Attachment : Tamasaburo, if you don't know how she looks. I'm making the large weapon and all *evil grin*. The wig will cost me a fortune, though...

*~Lady Lotus~*
09-23-2002, 02:14 AM
:wave:
Hmmm...I have a couple cosplays planned, but if you would like to send me a site where I can look at all the characters, I'd definatly look! :japan:

*~ Lady Lotus ~*

Makoto
09-23-2002, 12:13 PM
Well, we've already discussed a bit ;) , but it'd be great if someone was interested in the Saber Dolls or any of the Gautlanders... those are some of my favorite costumes, and if we weren't doing Japoness then I'd love to cosplay them. Someday, Integral and I probably will anyway. ^_^

Paper Wings has gathered a happy little family of SaberJ, and the more the merrier! XD And if anyone needs help on their costume and has a way to get to Waco, you're welcome to crash with us for a weekend. ;)

Anyway, as of right now we've got Otaru (Nick-kun), Lime (Ringo), Cherry (me), Bloodberry (Integral), Hanagata (Greggo), Ieyasu (GoatBoy), Lorelei (Elya-chan), and Marine (Niko). I think that comprises about half the people who cosplayed at Ushi last year! Twinkle said she and her sister might be doing the palace guards...? Sorry, it's been a while. XD We will flood Ushicon with SaberJ! Let's all scare the pants off Heero. ;)

HuongStar
09-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Ack! ^_^;;; Well, I received a more than generous offer to sell my Baiko & Tamasaburo costumes and my empty wallet accepted on my behalf. ~_~ Cosplay can bankrupt you sometimes....

Makoto, are you still making Luchs?

Makoto
09-23-2002, 05:26 PM
I'd like to cosplay Luchs, but as of now it's not anywhere on 2003's schedule. ;^_^ Integral has been dying to cosplay Tigre for years, but there's just no time yet. Someday, I hope. :)

Cosplay is way too rough on the wallet. XP Between cosplay and keeping up with my manga series, I don't know how I stay afloat. ;_;

Space Invader
09-23-2002, 08:45 PM
I would love to do Tiger's outfit for some occasion... but Tama comes first :). I just love the slinky kimono she wears, and her large, kick-arse weapon . Fwee.

Space Invader
09-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Ive gotten some more people lined up for the cosplay! We now not only have a Baiko, but a Faust, a Grampa Gennai :), a Yumeji, and Gennai's marionette, Gemini. Now all we need is the saber dolls and we're all set :).

Makoto
09-25-2002, 01:00 AM
Craziness! XD

Ringo
09-25-2002, 01:27 AM
This is goig to be great! I haven't seen a Saber J group this big!! Waaiiiiii!!:crylaugh:

Space Invader
09-25-2002, 09:43 PM
One of my friends is considering Tiger... :)

Ringo
01-12-2003, 11:43 PM
So who's still up for the group!
I'm going as Lime, there is also going to be Bloodberry, Hanagata, Otaru and possibly a Cherry from our group.
How are your costumes going?
Eppp! So close. >_<

MikigamiTokiya
01-12-2003, 11:55 PM
*_* oi this sounds really cool. too bad I'm too far away. you're gonna have to post a ton of pics and yeah this is the biggest SMJ group I've heard about forming. It's awesome that you guys are getting some of the more obscure charas too. It's not like the millions of Lime and Cherry 's you see everywhere ><;;

soshi
01-13-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm going to be Tiger.. but.. propaby not until Ani-magic, unless by God's divine will I win the lottery sometime before AX. oO;;

Integral
01-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Paper-Wings updates: Ok.. For certain, we have a Bloodberry and a Lime. Otaru is a probability.. but we've been having a lot of complications and drop-outs lately.
We'll most likely have an Otaru and a Marine, but the Hanagata won't be able to make it, and we don't have our Ieyasu or our Lorelai anymore. (They WILL be at A-kon, though)
So... our half of the group has dwindled.. but for those of you wearing your Sabre J costumes to A-kon, it would be great to meet up and take pictures together. Unfortunately fate, school, work, etc has taken a few of our members for Ushi :(

Sachiko
01-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Nooo!!! SABER MARIONETTE is my FAVORITE anime of all time!! That means I won't witness your SMJ group cuz I'm not going to Ushicon ~_~;; *Sigh* ~~~ I would like to cosplay as Lime, but the costume's a bit complexed.

Merle-kun
01-16-2003, 01:14 PM
LOL.. this is what I get for not reading the forum for a while.. ^^; I keep meaning to fix my Lime costume.. and if I knew there was going to be a group at Ushicon I would have been more inspired to fix her. =( Or to make Luchs/Lynx like I've been planning for a while. My poor Lime costume didn't have good luck the first time around, lots of stuff prevented it from being good or complete. ;_; But then again, I can't really go on stage, or stay with a group at Ushicon.. can't run cosplay and do all that at the same time =(

Ringo
01-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Merle-kun I know how you feel. -_- I work at a another convention and even wearing costume makes it hard cause I have to run around so much. You can only do so much sometimes. -_- At least you work on Cosplay matters. =D
See ya soon!

Merle-kun
01-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Hehe.. I wore costumes all last year for my work. I even got the name of "Announcer Vash" ^^; So wearing them isn't a problem for me. But being more than one place is =( I couldn't guarantee any time free for group pictures.. ;_;