09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
azcosplaychess@gmail.com

Label your Email in the subject bar as

Katsucon Cosplay Chess:Your Name

Your Full Real Name:
Email:
Name of anime character is from:
Descriptions of the attacks your character will use:

Have you ever been in a Cosplay chess or a masquerade…basically any acting Skills?
If you get killed, how will you die?
Your best taunts:
(It’s ok if you want to bad mouth the other side, but remember that this is a family oriented convention so keep it clean and to a low roar.)
Photos of the Cosplay you want to enter:
(If you do not have a picture you NEED to get one to me ASAP. Borrow a friend’s camera or buy a throw away one if you must.)

teddybomber005
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Here is the info that you need to know about chess and applyingThis Post Is SUPER long. If you read it all you will know just about everything you will need to know about cosplay chess. You can do it!!

Hi Everyone,

I am working out a new system for people to sign up with this year that will make it easier for me to keep up with them all.

If you went to AZlast year we were the ones who run the match last year, also the ones at katsucon. We are excited to be once again be running a great panel.

The theme for this chess match will be “cute vs creepy”

I just want to makes this post about the general things people will need to know about the match.

I am NOT taking applications right now. I am getting a system together in the next two weeks. I will make another post about when and were you can sign up for it at.

Here are a few things you need to know about the match:

*1st you don’t have to know how to play chess. There will be two chess players that will direct your movements for you.

*People will be select based on theme and quality of the costume (but this is not the most important thing.) Also, we want characters that are well known so that everyone in the audience will know who you are. Characters who are well known will be given priority, but if you cosplay a lesser-known character there is still a chance that you will be chosen depending on how many people apply. However lesser known may not be chosen, so be aware of that when you apply. If there are a lot of the same characters that apply, only the person that we think has the best quality costume will be chosen. (That’s not to say that we don’t like your costume, it’s just that we don’t want the whole chessboard to be dominated by one character/show.)

*Only 32 people will be chosen. There will be alternates and several special attacks. You will not be able to chosen which side you are on or which chess piece you will be. I mean it! If you don’t like what you get sorry not everyone can be a king/queen!

*This is how I chose the positions of King, Queen, Bishops, Rooks, and Knights: if there are two characters that are from the same series then they will be paired together in one of those positions. If there are characters on both sides of the board that are from the same series, again, they will be placed in the same position as their counterparts. For example, this year at AZ, Mario and Luigi were the Knights for the good side and Wario and Waluigi were the Knights on the evil side. (BUT THIS MIGHT CHANGE.)

*Also this chess match is not about playing a “real” chess match. It is more or less staged and a theatrical match. If you do know how to play chess, please do not try to help the two players we have playing for us. We are limited on time and more moves are based on impulse than actual thinking in this game. By coming up and trying to make better suggestions it slows the game and puts all the events/panels following Cosplay Chess behind schedule.

Keep in mind that this is a theatrical production, not a best costume contest. So we need to know what you will do in order to ensure that we keep the crowd entertained.

*You can apply with several different costumes, but only one will get picked. Whichever one is the best.

* You also can apply as a group. You need to fill out the info for EVERY member of your group. Also a group leader will need to be designated. However, if you do apply as a group some members may not be picked. If you do not fill out an application for each member, you will have to resubmit your application.

*If you are picked you will receive an email from me. So keep your contact info updated. If you do not respond or I do not hear from you any you will lose your spot.

* There will be a REQUIRED pre-match meeting for ALL particpants. I am looking to see if the con will let me have a room for all of us to meet: if not, I will post a meeting place of my choosing…probably a location away from the bulk of the convention within the hotel. If you do no come you will lose your place and I will have your place filled by an alternate that shows up for the meeting. When I find out about the when and where I will post more info and send emails out to everyone.

I’m looking forward to this! It going to be awesome!! Again, I will keep posting info about the match as time goes on so keep checking back.

Aderyn
09-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Sweet! I am so looking forward to this :3

djkidna
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Now that I think about it, I think I'll skip this one. However I would be happy to perhaps provide music if that would be desirable

Gwiffen
09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Label your Email in the subject bar as

Katsucon Cosplay Chess:Your Name
Haha, I think you mean Animazement Cosplay Chess.

Animazement is still rather far away, so I haven't even started on some costumes I know I'll have by that time. How close to the con will you be taking applications?

Also, at the moment I'm still not exactly sure if I'm even going to Animazement (I want to!). Would that still be okay?

Enzera87
09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I would defiantly love to join again as Eva unit 02 but....I think I will have to step out on this one this year. I'm still in my corner or woe since Rikku defeated me...lol. But I got complimented on how sexy my butt was! Who ever you are mysterious person I will never forget you!! XD

Tigress
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Teddy, you guys know what I plan on doing for cosplay chess. I'll start work on it sometime after Nekocon. I have already found shoes that I can turn into what I need and started scouting for stores that sell star-shaped confetti. :bigtu:

teddybomber005
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Now that the new year is almost here that means AZ is right around the conner. So if you have not signed up for chess you need to get on it. So far I have like three people who have signed up. If you would like to be in chess read the info that is in the other post.

I would like to start working out the line up as soon as possible.

Oh and the theme is “cute vs creepy”

Zipchan
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Aaah, I had no idea that signups had started! I would have sent in my app ages ago had I known. D:

double00beaver
12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd sign up if I had any costumes already finished. Is there a deadline or is it until all the spots are taken up?

Tigress
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Now that the new year is almost here that means AZ is right around the conner. So if you have not signed up for chess you need to get on it. So far I have like three people who have signed up. If you would like to be in chess read the info that is in the other post.

I would like to start working out the line up as soon as possible.

Oh and the theme is “cute vs creepy”

I'll start work on mine as soon as I can. Darned paying AZ commissions taking priority!

Grimmory
12-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I've got everything ready to send in... I just need to think up some good taunts and attacks for Chii...

Zipchan
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Heh, you could just "Chii!" everyone to death like they did to the announcer at the Cosplay Contest last year. >D

Lovelychristina
12-30-2008, 03:51 AM
When Would the Appy have to be in by :O My Undertaker cosplay is being Made right now... And the wig probably not until apirl D:

otaku_ken
01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Crap, i need to get cracking on my costume then.

*Marzipan*
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I just realized I did everything right except for the subject title on the e-mail application. Gomen. =(

Rosettes_Clock
01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Well, I just sent in my application for a spot - had to send the pictures in a second email, though, because I had an idiot moment and sent the app without the attachments. Hurr durr.

Cute vs. Creepy, though, super cool. Can't wait!

Tohma
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll probably sign up but I haven't figured out exactly what I am wearing yet. Once I do that then I'll send in my app ^^ Hmm...chances are good I'll be on the cute side. I don't have many creepy costumes XD

CardcaptorKiki
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Aw, I want to be on the cute side. x3 I'll definitely sign up, but my cosplay isn't quite done yet...

And hey Tohma, wanna sign up with Syaoran and Sakura for the "cute side"? XD

Tohma
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Aw, I want to be on the cute side. x3 I'll definitely sign up, but my cosplay isn't quite done yet...

And hey Tohma, wanna sign up with Syaoran and Sakura for the "cute side"? XD

Oh god..well that definetly classifies as cute XD We could totally do it. At least that cosplay is done ^^

CardcaptorKiki
01-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Oh god..well that definetly classifies as cute XD We could totally do it. At least that cosplay is done ^^

Be sure to protect me properly! <333 (Even though I have much more powerful magic, bwaha, once I find some Sakura card anyway 8D)

Tohma
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Be sure to protect me properly! <333 (Even though I have much more powerful magic, bwaha, once I find some Sakura card anyway 8D)

*Salutes* Yes Ma'am.

Application sent ^^ Should be fun!

Zaverxi
01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I sent in my application. I really hope I get in, I wanted to join last year but I didn't know about the forum, and thus didn't know how to sign up last year!

A Heartless from Kingdom Hearts can be cute or creepy. ^_^ I'm sure if people were around last year they saw me.

meevah
01-15-2009, 03:42 AM
>o>; man, my friend and I need to get on our cosplays so we can attempt to sign up... we're dressing up as pokemon-themed full-body pajama kigurumi type things, haha (lickitung and poliwag/poliwhirl, depending on if she wants arms after all xD).

*u* I can't wait to see what hijinks ensue this year!

Miakaylia
01-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Photos?
I need to start making my outfit so I can enter this ^^;

Tigress
01-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Photos?
I need to start making my outfit so I can enter this ^^;

I'm in the same boat. Work and commissions kinda interfere with getting my own projects done.

Blueoriontiger
01-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I need to start as well. :D

Yuki Hikari
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM
So we have to be done with our costumes to enter? ;-;
Because I'm a huge procrastinator and haven't started my costume yet (Although I plan on getting some supplies today).

Tigress
01-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Because I'm a huge procrastinator and haven't started my costume yet (Although I plan on getting some supplies today).

I bought most of my stuff already, but the barrage of paying commissions hasn't stemmed long enough for me to start on it.

teddybomber005
01-22-2009, 08:50 AM

you don't have to have it 100% done. I just need to see something.

but keep them them coming in. the faster you guys get stuff to me the faster I can sign people up an get the ball rolling.

Zaverxi
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
you don't have to have it 100% done. I just need to see something.

but keep them them coming in. the faster you guys get stuff to me the faster I can sign people up an get the ball rolling.

When would we know if we get in or not? March? April? Beginning of May? :o

teddybomber005
01-29-2009, 12:30 PM
When would we know if we get in or not? March? April? Beginning of May? :o

Sometime in May. It can be sooner it just depends of how many people sign up.

teddybomber005
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
just to let everyone know if you no one has hear back about chess b/c not that many people have signed up for it. when I get more people that have signed up then I will send emails out.

if you have not send a email then send one soon. get your friends to join too. We just need more pictures

Also I want a picture of your cosplay not a picture of the character you are cosplaying!

Artikgato
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Count me in, I just don't know which costume I want to use this year, and I'm not completely done with some of the costumes that I might use. DX

Tigress
02-10-2009, 01:45 AM
just to let everyone know if you no one has hear back about chess b/c not that many people have signed up for it. when I get more people that have signed up then I will send emails out.

if you have not send a email then send one soon. get your friends to join too. We just need more pictures

Also I want a picture of your cosplay not a picture of the character you are cosplaying!

I'm finishing up my last commission of the current batch, so I'll get started on "Project Wisp" after Katsucon and send piccies when I've made some respectable progress.

Zipchan
02-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Teddybomber, did you get the e-mail I sent you with the pictures of my costume?

Aderyn
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm still deciding whether I want to do this. I'm not sure who I'd be though >.< And as for pictures, I'll have to wait until I'm actually done with my cosplays to take any. @.@ I'm close to being done though. :3

teddybomber005
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Teddybomber, did you get the e-mail I sent you with the pictures of my costume?

I did get it :)

kdthompson
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Sent in my email. Hope you saw it.

Worst_Nightmare
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I would love to participate this year.... But I gotta get my cosplays done first. -swamped with cosplay for me and friends-

Fory-san
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I missed the past two year's chess game, so I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing it for AZ '09. ^^v

Zipchan
02-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I did get it :)

Okay, awesome. >w<

`Difficile
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I would defiantly love to join again as Eva unit 02 but....I think I will have to step out on this one this year. I'm still in my corner or woe since Rikku defeated me...lol. But I got complimented on how sexy my butt was! Who ever you are mysterious person I will never forget you!! XD
HAY THAT WAS MEEEE LOL.
/wave/

liivingdeadgirl
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I applied, it looks pretty fun, especially since it's the only way I will ever play chess since I don't know how. ^_^

Heartless Halo
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I would like to sign up for cosplay chess - I have sent in my email if you need anything else please just ask ^.^

evenstar1
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
email sent! Grell sutcliff will be perfect for this XD

Worst_Nightmare
03-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry if I missed the post, but was the deadline for applications ever stated?

teddybomber005
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry if I missed the post, but was the deadline for applications ever stated?

no still taking. There not been many people signing up

Kyasaren
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Really? I should consider finishing up my GLaDOS, then... I think she'd go with the "creepy" side XD

Worst_Nightmare
03-07-2009, 12:43 PM

All right. Maybe I can finish one of my own cosplay in time this year. -still working on four at a time, three for friends-

kristyhimura
03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Sent in my infomation

M. Trunks, i'm also going as Cagalli so which ever one you want me to come as. Madam.

FinalHeavenTifa
03-08-2009, 08:19 AM
*thinks*
I have Mia Fey
White dragoon Shana
and Katara.

*edges towards Shana*

AS LONG AS NO ONE USES A TACKLE ATTACK!!!!

Miakaylia
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
All right. Maybe I can finish one of my own cosplay in time this year. -still working on four at a time, three for friends-

Oh god! I'm slightly relieved I'm not the only one who is behind because of this. Though, I only have 3... 1 for me, and 2 for my friends... and an alteration for a friend as well. ^^;

Worst_Nightmare
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh god! I'm slightly relieved I'm not the only one who is behind because of this. Though, I only have 3... 1 for me, and 2 for my friends... and an alteration for a friend as well. ^^;

For Animazement, no matter what, I'm always behind. D: And it's the only con that I'm behind on. I usually get things down early for all other conventions, even with a big load like this. But, AZ just doesn't like me.. T3T

Tigress
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
For Animazement, no matter what, I'm always behind. D: And it's the only con that I'm behind on. I usually get things down early for all other conventions, even with a big load like this. But, AZ just doesn't like me.. T3T

I'm still working on my cosplay chess costume. I just picked up two more commissions, which take priority. My cut-off date is next week, so I should be able to get everything done.

darkmist300
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Teddy,
Does it have to be an anime character, I have an extremly creepy cosplay but I need to know if you would let wear it. If so I will have form and pic sent to you asap. If not I will have to come up with something else.

Worst_Nightmare
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm still working on my cosplay chess costume. I just picked up two more commissions, which take priority. My cut-off date is next week, so I should be able to get everything done.

That's good to hear~ I'm getting close to getting these done. I just need to grab my sister so I can do a sketch of a pattern for her outfit. -nod- She's just lazy, so I've been working on other things until she gets around to me. Which means~ I get to work on my own cosplay for once! <3

teddybomber005
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Teddy,
Does it have to be an anime character, I have an extremly creepy cosplay but I need to know if you would let wear it. If so I will have form and pic sent to you asap. If not I will have to come up with something else.

send me a email and give me more info

darkmist300
03-12-2009, 01:41 PM
email sent

Zaverxi
03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Will it definitely be on a Saturday like it was last year? Because I've arranged photoshoots around it. D:

Lovelychristina
03-15-2009, 10:55 PM
*wants to know when it will be open again*

teddybomber005
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Will it definitely be on a Saturday like it was last year? Because I've arranged photoshoots around it. D:

I'm not sure I not got a email about what time it will be

teddybomber005
03-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok guys AZ will be coming up every soon and we still need more people. I am going to look everyone who have send a email with a picture of the cosplay. if you have not send a picture you need to so now or very very soon. I will start making the list this mouth

evenstar1
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Teddy did you get my last email I sent about Grell?

teddybomber005
03-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Teddy did you get my last email I sent about Grell?

I did. I think i'm going to watch a few eps on the show b/c everyone says something different. From some amvs I sew he looks as if he can go both ways.

teddybomber005
03-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Also to let people know I am not taking anymore soul eater apps. I got all the people I need from that one show. so if you have another cosplay send that one.

darkmist300
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey Teddy,
real quick, did you get my email for my costume and if yes is that fine or do I need to resubmit with a different cotume.

teddybomber005
03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey Teddy,
real quick, did you get my email for my costume and if yes is that fine or do I need to resubmit with a different cotume.

i did get the email and I would send another cosplay just b/c I would not want to push the dress code at AZ sometimes they get a little crazy about it.

KiwiNinamori
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm considering signing up as Arietta from Tales of the Abyss there, but is she known well enough? And are game characters allowed?

Tigress
03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey, Teddy, should I go ahead and send my appy and send you piccies when I've actually made progress on the costume. The pattern is mostly drafted, but I picked up two extra commissions, which are taking priority ATM.

teddybomber005
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm considering signing up as Arietta from Tales of the Abyss there, but is she known well enough? And are game characters allowed?

Yes games are allowed. I never played the game but I know a lot of people who have. It will not hurt you to send it in.

teddybomber005
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey, Teddy, should I go ahead and send my appy and send you piccies when I've actually made progress on the costume. The pattern is mostly drafted, but I picked up two extra commissions, which are taking priority ATM.

I would send it in. Just get me some pictures and keep me updated!!

darkmist300
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I just sent you a diff Cosplay Teddy

Tigress
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I would send it in. Just get me some pictures and keep me updated!!

Sweet. Will do!

CardcaptorKiki
03-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Ok guys AZ will be coming up every soon and we still need more people. I am going to look everyone who have send a email with a picture of the cosplay. if you have not send a picture you need to so now or very very soon. I will start making the list this mouth

Erm, may I send in progress shots? Ha. ;;; Apologies there, but unfortunately uni doesn't get out until the end of April so it's on a bit of a backburner while I scramble to finish up the last month of classes. But it \will\ be done by AZ. :] I'll go ahead and send a reference picture and what's done so far though, if that's okay.

teddybomber005
03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Erm, may I send in progress shots? Ha. ;;; Apologies there, but unfortunately uni doesn't get out until the end of April so it's on a bit of a backburner while I scramble to finish up the last month of classes. But it \will\ be done by AZ. :] I'll go ahead and send a reference picture and what's done so far though, if that's okay.

yes plz!

kristyhimura
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
@Teddy - I'm sorry that my costumes are not done yet but i do have the wigs and i'm waiting for one in the mail and the other one my mother is working on. I'm not much into sewing. Sorry. I sent you the email showing 2 different costumes.

MiddayIce
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
hey teddy i sent you my app if there is anything you need let me know.

I'm sorry its late i didnt know how to sign up for it

Im doing asuka kazama from tekken 5. kimono does that qualify for cute or creepy? im thinking cute.

teddybomber005
04-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Here is the list as it stands so far. I just did a fast over view and I still need to look at some other emails. If you do not see your name it is b/c of three reasons 1.) I do not have a picture of your cosplay. A " in the making picture is fine I just need something. 2.) I am considering if your cosplay will bring a interesting element to the game 3.) I feel that your character is not well know enough.

If you have questions pls email. I will email everyone soon with the why. Also the list is subject to change.

Cute

1.)Heartless Halo as Black Star From Soul Eater
2.)artikgato as Eruka Frog from soul eater
3.)YoakeNoUsagi as Shippo from Inuyasha
4.)cardcaptorkiki as Sakura From Cardcaptor Sakura
5.)Tohma as Syaoran Li from card Cardcaptor sakura
6.)plumvs as Saber from Fate/Stay Night
7.)Dar-Dar as Hani-Kun from Ouran Host Club
8.) liivingdeadgirl as Euphemia Li Britannia as Code Geass
9.)charlesmargolis as Hide from Nerima Daikon Brother

Creepy

1.)Kilayi_S74r as Female Team Magma from Pokemon
2.) The flying taco as male Team Magma From Pokemon
3.)Se7enBishie as Envy From FMA
4.)pyrotec72 as Greed From FMA
5.)Zipchan as Medusa from Soul Eater
6.) XxEveillexX as Dr. Stein from soul eater
7.)kaicyios as Seele 06 from eva
8.)kaicyios as Seele 06 from eva
9.)evenstar1 as Grell Sutcliff from Kuroshitsuji
10.)

Tigress
04-09-2009, 12:43 AM
If you do not see your name it is b/c of three reasons 1.) I do not have a picture of your cosplay. A " in the making picture is fine I just need something. 2.) I am considering if your cosplay will bring a interesting element to the game 3.) I feel that your character is not well know enough.

I should have some "in progress" piccies after this weekend. I'm bringing it with me when I go to NashiCon to work on Friday night.

Utai Mitsumo
04-09-2009, 12:52 AM
App sent ^-^

MiddayIce
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
v.v

Rosettes_Clock
04-12-2009, 12:34 AM
If this was good vs. evil or somesuch, I could see where being "well known" would be important (not really, but whatever).... but if your character is creepy, it's usually pretty plain to see just by looking at them. Don't really see why only the popular mainstream stuff should get attention at an event like this. I think it's silly to count out a character whose appearance alone is pretty much the definition of creepy, just because there aren't a ton of people that know the anime/game it comes from.

Suppose this means I'll be able to make it to the Final Fantasy photoshoot, though... so all is well. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

blueskysunday
04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
As an avid horror nut, I have to say that I wouldn't be afraid of any of those "creepy" things in a dark alley. Well, except maybe Greed because he could beat the shit out of me, but he's not creepy. I was really hoping for some horror stuff like Silent Hill monsters, zombies, ghosts (Fatal Frame or otherwise), etc. and not just bad guys.

EDIT: Same goes for the cute side. I wouldn't have a cuteness-induced heart attack from seeing most of those frolicking in a field of daisies and sunshine. It seems like it will be difficult to differentiate the creepy side from the cute side. Just saying.

kristyhimura
04-12-2009, 11:43 AM
@ Teddy - I just took some pics of my Costumes if you like I'll PM you with the Link to my Photo Bucket. [Unless you would like me to send you a email.]

teddybomber005
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
If this was good vs. evil or somesuch, I could see where being "well known" would be important (not really, but whatever).... but if your character is creepy, it's usually pretty plain to see just by looking at them. Don't really see why only the popular mainstream stuff should get attention at an event like this. I think it's silly to count out a character whose appearance alone is pretty much the definition of creepy, just because there aren't a ton of people that know the anime/game it comes from.

Suppose this means I'll be able to make it to the Final Fantasy photoshoot, though... so all is well. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Thank you for you two cent and I feel the same about having so much mainstream shows
I would like less mainstream show as well. But b/c chess is on a volunteer system I have to work with what I people send me. If you know any one who would like to be in chess and less mainstream pls send them my way

teddybomber005
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
As an avid horror nut, I have to say that I wouldn't be afraid of any of those "creepy" things in a dark alley. Well, except maybe Greed because he could beat the shit out of me, but he's not creepy. I was really hoping for some horror stuff like Silent Hill monsters, zombies, ghosts (Fatal Frame or otherwise), etc. and not just bad guys.

EDIT: Same goes for the cute side. I wouldn't have a cuteness-induced heart attack from seeing most of those frolicking in a field of daisies and sunshine. It seems like it will be difficult to differentiate the creepy side from the cute side. Just saying.

Like I said in the last post I work with what people send me. I have only had people from the Fatal Frame game sign up and on top of that as the same character. I am a little Disappointed with what signed up for the creepy side.

Also I still have people I need to look at...like all the Fatal Frame people.....not going to be fun there like 6. ..why?

Also PEOPLE SEND A PICTURE OF YOU IN YOUR COSPLAY!!!I KNOW WHO ED FROM FMA IS!!! I DON'T NEED HIS PICTURE!!! When I get more pictures better characters for the match!

teddybomber005
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
@ Teddy - I just took some pics of my Costumes if you like I'll PM you with the Link to my Photo Bucket. [Unless you would like me to send you a email.]

Just pm me it will be faster.

Rosettes_Clock
04-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Also I still have people I need to look at...like all the Fatal Frame people.....not going to be fun there like 6. ..why?

Okay, this is kind of exciting to me. SIX Fatal Frame people? I think that's the most love I've ever seen this game get at Animazement (...or anywhere, really). And if they're signing up for the creepy side, I'm assuming this means that they are not Mio and Mayu - even more excitement!

Honestly, I wish more AZ cosplayers knew about this event, because I KNOW that there is going to be at least one Pyramid Head at the con, and there are always a handful of nurses around. This just feels like something that Silent Hill and Fatal Frame cosplayers should come out of the wordwork for. As for the anime side of things, I know that the genuinely eerie/creepy stuff tends to be more obscure, but... I mean, I know it exists. Somewhere. It's just sad that the ghosts, ghouls and creepers are so underrepresented here.

Oh! And I apologize for having jumped to the conclusion that you'd already finished looking through all of the applicants. I was under the impression that things like Fatal Frame had been excluded from the event for being relatively obscure (but very, VERY well loved by anyone that's ever tried them...).

MiddayIce
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
well some people might know the character. and some might not. it depends.

but i guess you got to go with the more popular of them all to make it fun. ^_^

there is always next year.

KiwiNinamori
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I just sent in mine! Yay I'm so glad I got it done in timeXD

Zaverxi
04-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Ahhhhhh, nooo! I didn't get on the list?! ;_;

I thought I sent in the pic for my Heartless.... did it not attach properly? Or am I one of those who you're not sure it would bring an interesting element to the game?

Or do people not know about the Heartless from the Kingdom Hearts series? They're the monsters you gotta fight! :waaaah:

Capt_Lucifer
04-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I just submitted a second application for another cosplay (since I was told no more Soul Eater characters by a friend) Im just letting you know so you dont think I sent the same application twice ^ ^

teddybomber005
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Just to let everyone know My school is i midterms and my time has become very limited and I only have time to look at my email about once a week. I am going to go look now. So if you not heard but just give me sometime

thanks

Chasie
04-22-2009, 03:09 PM
O:
I've always wanted to do this.
hah. but my costume isn't finished. D:
I'm working on princess peach.
maybe next year!!!
I can't wait to see the cosplay chess match this year though!!! woot!!!

MiddayIce
04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
teddy. would orihime or a dark gunner yuna be ok?? and do i need to send u another app?

Blueoriontiger
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Is it too late to enter? D:

teddybomber005
05-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Just to let everyone know I will have a updated list in the next two days. there will be three slots on each side left open for people to sin up at the con

Blueoriontiger
05-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Sent in my application, so did my Raine Sage partner. Genis is supposed to apply soon... >.< I hope we make it.

teddybomber005
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Here is the list for the cute side. If you see you name here pls send me a email or a pm telling me you still want to be in chess. And to those who did not get in don't give up hope. Just come to match there is always someone who does not show up.

And as you can see that there are three slots open for people to sign at the con. I going to have a sign up time , but I am unsure were and when. I need to look at the map of the con center to find a area that will not be in the way.
Sorry that if you did not get in

The creepy side will be up tomorrow!
Cute

1.)Heartless Halo as Black Star From Soul Eater
2.)artikgato as Eruka Frog from soul eater
3.)YoakeNoUsagi as Shippo from Inuyasha
4.)cardcaptorkiki as Sakura From Cardcaptor Sakura
5.)Tohma as Syaoran Li from card Cardcaptor sakura
6.)plumvs as Saber from Fate/Stay Night
7.)Dar-Dar as Hani-Kun from Ouran Host Club
8.)liivingdeadgirl as Euphemia Li Britannia as Code Geass
9.)charlesmargolis as Hide from Nerima Daikon Brother
10.)Tigress as Rainbow Brite from Rainbow Brite
11.)sievkatronshea as Hikaru from Magic Knights Rayearth
12.)Takeila2003 as Sailor Moon From Sailor MooN
13.)kaicyios as Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi
14.)AZ SIGN UP
15.)AZ SIGN UP
16.)AZ SIGN UP

teddybomber005
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh and if you have not looked at the AZ site Chess will be at 12:15 on Saturday

Zipchan
05-13-2009, 01:23 AM
The cute side is going to give me cavities.

Tigress
05-13-2009, 04:53 AM
The cute side is going to give me cavities.

TEE HEE!

(Prepares the Star Sprinkles.)

teddybomber005
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Here is the creepy side. As you can see we still need more people. If you know anyone who has a creepy cosplay and think they would be good in chess send them my way. I going to go around and ask in some other forums.

If you have a creepy cosplay and you sent me a application then you did not have a picture with it. If you have a picture now send it to me.

If you see you name here pls send me a email or a pm telling me you still want to be in chess. And to those who did not get in don't give up hope. Just come to match there is always someone who does not show up.

and if your name is bold I have heard back from you can your slot is safe

1.)Kilayi_S74r as Female Team Magma from Pokemon
2.) The flying taco as male Team Magma From Pokemon
3.)Se7enBishie as Envy From FMA
4.)pyrotec72 as Master Roshi From DBZ
5.)Zipchan as Medusa from Soul Eater
6.) XxEveillexX as Dr. Stein from soul eater
7.) evenstar1 as Grell Sutcliff from Kuroshitsuji
8.) capt_lucifer as Hei (BK-201) from Darker Than Black
9.)Rosettes_Clock as Needle Woman from Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
10.)donttouchmymilk as Sae Kurosawa from Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
11.)utai mitsumo as utai mitsumo as Grimmjow from Bleach
12.)phantom dark as Akabane from GetBackers
13.)
14.)AZ SIGN UP
15.)AZ SIGN UP
16.)AZ SIGN UP

teddybomber005
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Ok everyone The Pre-Meeting is at 11:45 in the room that chess will be in. IF YOU ARE IN CHESS YOU WILL BE TEHRE OR LOSE YOUR SPOT. I AM NOT JOKING!!!! There is a lot of stuf we have to get done before chess and not a lot of time do do it in.

Heartless Halo
05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
oh snap~

Black*Star might just be to big to be on the chess board! bwhahahaha

evenstar1
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Whoot go team horror!!!

Rosettes_Clock
05-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Whoot go team horror!!!

Because sugary sweet cuteness has NOTHING on abject horror.

NOTHING.

>: D

Artikgato
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Yay! I can't wait! The lineup this year is looking really great.

May the cute side win! >D

Zipchan
05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
May the cute side win! >DOnly in your dreams, Tsubaki. ;D

Heartless Halo
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
she is doing Eruka ya goober ... I may have my Tsubakis with me .. maybe I can kill me some Stein/Medusas bwhahaha

KiwiNinamori
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Is ciel phantomhive more cute or creepy? He can be a rather dark kid sometimes,lol

evenstar1
05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
I vote him as CUTE!! XD

Rosettes_Clock
05-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Is ciel phantomhive more cute or creepy? He can be a rather dark kid sometimes,lol

I'm gonna go with cute, too. For something like this, I think it's best to base a character's team membership on their appearance rather than their personality. After all, not everyone in the audience is going to know every character on the board. If a character looks cute, it should be on the cute side. Looks creepy, should go on the creepy side. Personalities complicate things unnecessarily for a visual event like this.

EXCEPT in the case of Master Roshi. Gods alive, I lol'd good and hard at that one. XD

Zipchan
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
she is doing Eruka ya goober ... I may have my Tsubakis with me .. maybe I can kill me some Stein/Medusas bwhahaha

Yeah, well...

RAWR.

Capt_Lucifer
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Dont worry Zip-love, I got your back 8P

MiddayIce
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM
well i guess there is always next year

Heartless Halo
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM

*snickers* I have 3 people to kill on the other side bwhahahahaha

Black*Star will make you see how big he really is!

Zipchan
05-15-2009, 12:24 AM
It's nice to know that I have someone who can electrocute others to death on my team. <3

Capt_Lucifer
05-15-2009, 12:29 AM
And wipe out an entire city 8D

Heartless Halo
05-15-2009, 12:50 AM
pfft I am such a better assassin than you!

Capt_Lucifer
05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Pft, in your dreams 8P

Heartless Halo
05-15-2009, 12:52 AM
woman! You can't beat the Black*Star! I will surpass god >:3

Capt_Lucifer
05-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Yea... the god of losers >P
kekeke

Heartless Halo
05-15-2009, 01:11 AM
That god has to be pretty lame to be the god of THAT many people (maybe they are Catholics?JK XD) ... think about it .. but eh I surpass him easily so that wasn't hard

donttouchmymilk
05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
um...cosplay chess anyone?
;)

Rosettes_Clock
05-15-2009, 10:25 PM
um...cosplay chess anyone?
;)

I'LL COSPLAY YOUR CHESS.

...wait, you're on my team. nm jk jk =D

donttouchmymilk
05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
hehee

teddybomber005
05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Traditionally, we leave three spaces open on each side so people can sign up at the convention. This is so that people who are not yet aware of the forums get a chance to try to be in Cosplay Chess.

So, we will be looking for three people to be on the cute side, and three people for the creepy side.

HERE'S ALL THE IMPORTANT INFO!

Friday, May 22nd at 4pm, we will start gathering people in the lobby on the second floor. We will be at the end of the lobby farthest away from registration.

You: need to bring a picture of the costume you're going to use or if you're already in the costume, just show up!

We will be hanging out there for a while, so don't worry if you can't make it exactly at 4pm. However, if we fill the slots or if traffic is non-existent for a long period of time, then we will close up shop.

You will know if you were selected by checking the information board near Con HQ. We will post the complete cast list there once it's finished. The location of Con HQ will be in your con books. Alternatively, we might inform you on the spot. That will be at the discretion of the Cosplay Chess crew.

Heartless Halo
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you for letting be in the Cosplay Chess it was a lot of fun!

Thanks to Teddy and Grav for running it and making it so enjoyable!

and I am sorry if I was lil over the top XD

Tigress
05-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks guys! I had a blast as always, tho I didn't get to use my attacks. (I was Rainbow Brite.)

But zipchan and I were able to crack people up as Madusa continued the abuse on poor Rainbow on the sidelines. I know you wanted to do more with the character, so if Rainbow Brite fits in the theme next year, I'll be happy to bring her back for "comeback" performance.

Zipchan
05-26-2009, 01:58 AM
I had a blast torturing Rainbow Brite. >=D Fun times!

MiddayIce
05-26-2009, 08:33 AM
how about good versus evil or lovers vs. fighters or something like that. i didnt get a chance to make it to sign up. by the time i got there. they already chose a katamari.

so i left. but it looked really interesting this year.

maybe choose some unknown characters.. there were alot of final fantasy ppl this year and a few tekken

Artikgato
05-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Cosplay chess was so fun this year! And that has nothing to do with the fact that I got the checkmate, either. Or that Halo and I got to take out Medusa. >D Those were just delicious bonuses. kekekeke

You can bet that I'll be back next year, even if I don't get to be a piece again I'll be more than happy to help out or film the whole event or whatnot. ^^

salty
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Cosplay Chess!!

Though halfway through the match I was begging for someone to kill me and put my feet out of their misery. ^^

We had some really creepy creepies.

And some really disgustingly cute cuties! XD

Rosettes_Clock
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I would just like to say that being in cosplay chess this year was AMAZINGLY fun, and I hope to be part of it again next year. To all the pieces, you guys did a fantastic job. I loved the chance to interact with you guys in a theatrical sort of sense, and you all did a wonderful job attacking and dying =)

And to the staffers/heads of the show, amazingly well done. Things went off without a hitch, and I had a blast. Looking forward to next year!

Cheers,
"Needles"

salty
05-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Creepy Needles!! ^^

Still think you were the scariest one on the floor. And I loved how you just kinda floated around :D

Tohma
05-27-2009, 12:40 AM
I was the Syaoran from CCS. Chess was a lot of fun again this year ^^ I wish I had been able to attack someone though XD! I had been practicing my attack all day.

Hope Sakura and I were cute enough for you ~_^

I got killed by the creepiest character on the board >_< From behind! Even scarier...

Sen'il Ionia
05-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I was the Syaoran from CCS. Chess was a lot of fun again this year ^^ I wish I had been able to attack someone though XD! I had been practicing my attack all day.

Hope Sakura and I were cute enough for you ~_^

I got killed by the creepiest character on the board >_< From behind! Even scarier...

Needles here, finally making the switch to my new coscom name.

You guys were absolutely cute, no question - and I also have an epic picture of Sakura screaming as you're dying. It's a little dark because it was taken from a ways away (and it was dark in there anyway), but she did an awesome job with the facial expression. If you guys want it, I'd be more than happy to send it =)

And to salty: I am so glad you found me so creepy. That just warms my heart and gives me all kinds of warm fuzzles.

salty
05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
haha, I think that pic I took of you was one of my favorites of that entire night. the light was just right enough to bring out the scary

Tohma
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM

You guys were absolutely cute, no question - and I also have an epic picture of Sakura screaming as you're dying. It's a little dark because it was taken from a ways away (and it was dark in there anyway), but she did an awesome job with the facial expression. If you guys want it, I'd be more than happy to send it =)

And to salty: I am so glad you found me so creepy. That just warms my heart and gives me all kinds of warm fuzzles.

XD That picture must be awesome. I'd love to see it.

nothing screams cute quite like CCS XD

CardcaptorKiki
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM

LOL I was the Sakura and I totally want to see that. XD

I actually had no idea where you were being attacked, Tohma. I was like "OH SHI--" when we turned around. I thought you were being attacked from the front! WHOOPS!