PDA

View Full Version : Subaru's Costume Alteration (.Hack//Sign)

xXIchigoNekoXx
09-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Ok, I was just wondering... I'm planning on going as Subaru for Ohayocon next year, but it's going to be really freaking cold! I was wondering if I could cover up my trunk with a white undershirt.... or would that look too tacky? I need some opinions because if it is tacky, then I'll do someone else!

Thank you!

Reference pictures of Subaru's costume:
http://www.marikaroncon.com/images/SubaruHackSign.jpg

LordDraco3
09-27-2008, 03:38 AM
An undershirt won't help much with the cold on a costume like that. I would say either brave the cold, or save it for another con. After all, won't you mostly be indoors? Also, that skirt could be made to be very warm, if you made it right.

xXIchigoNekoXx
09-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Ha, you're right. It really wouldn't make that big of a difference. And I'm really stubborn, so I think I'll just brave the cold! xD

Lady Yura
09-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I actually have a Lady Subaru cosplay myself ^^
Funny, I used that exact picture as referance xD
I don't recomend wearing the white shirt, it would look strange, not tacky, just strange~
You could always brave it and look awesome, or you could wait till the next con and still look awesome!

It's really up to you what to do, honestly I wore mine (for the first time) in September last year, and I was a little cold, nothing that made me sick or ublearable,
it was actually kind of nice xD

Say, have you done the wings?
cause im missing the wings in mine >.<
If you had any tips for the wings~
xD

I hope I didn't confuse you too much, if I did... sorry!

phantomthief
09-28-2008, 07:38 PM
White would stand out waaaay too much! Try to find a flesh/nude colored tanktop :) Dance supply stores should carry them if your local costume stores don't!

~Ari