PDA

View Full Version : Halloween private photo event update

digikoomi
09-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Me and DJ Ranma will go look for the place first, but now we talking about meeting at the Rockefeller Center. We will walk around the city and do different photo shot, than during the night we will have party at the asian restrant. does it sounds fun for you guys? so if you are photogarpher or cosplayer, we welcome you to join, just Email me and I put you on the list.

digikoomi@aol.com

Sami
09-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Ahh, that sounds so fun!! *envy*envy*envy* As long as I get to see lots of photos, I guess I'll be all right.. :D

Cyber Wolf
09-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Sounds cool. Where is this restaurant located?

TyJILDown
09-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Argh...I would come damn it but I just bought tickets for a concert that night...

digikoomi
09-24-2002, 10:23 AM
I will post the update again and tell you guys the meeting time and the restaurant location. ^^ if you have any other good idea, please let me or DJ ranma know ok?

TheAnarCHris
09-25-2002, 02:37 PM
I would like to attend on the of gatherings that day, but I'm uncertain what's going on with the wacky work schdeule i have..so jusy tell me what time(s) everything is if u can, and I'll get back to you all ASAP!

ZOOM!

GoddessPower
09-26-2002, 06:58 PM
O, wow! that sounds so kakoii! I wanna come!!!! When and where is it again?

saberX2
09-26-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm just curious..is this a closed event thing for a group or something, or can anyone tag along?

I'd be cool to meet some new anime fans from NY.

digikoomi
09-28-2002, 01:23 AM
ok I think people should post your schdule during that day, it's going to be Oct. 31 that's Thuresday. just give out the time you are free, for me I will free after 4 so I think I can arrive that place like around 4:30 how about you guys? and photo shoot that photographer should bring flash ^_^ because it's hard to make it in day time, people always have classes or work....

it's just a private photo shoot and party ^_^

Cyber Wolf
09-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Oh cool, I have halloween and the next day off (one benefit from being in all-girls Catholics school XP) so I mightg be able to go :D Just gotta get those addresses for the 'rents to know where I am ^^;;;

digikoomi
10-01-2002, 12:39 PM
ok I think I should make up the time first, so that will be halloween Oct. 31 meet at Rockefeller Center at 5.30. and I dont think we have that much people so we can just go find any place to eat. how about it? so if you have other suggestion please let me know~

Cyber Wolf
10-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Oh cool! That's sounds great. ^^ Just please let the place not be expensive. Please ^^;;;

Ranma Saotome
10-01-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey this works. I rather that it be Rockefeller Center.

digikoomi
10-02-2002, 12:43 AM
I am not going to let that place be expensive, we find out the place to eat together ok? because I dont like to spend too much money either ^^ but dont forget to brig camera and film so we can do shooting. I will have my digi camera with me

TheAnarCHris
10-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey how the heck do u get to Rockefeller center?

digikoomi
10-04-2002, 01:08 AM
take the train! there is actually a stop call Rockefeller Center. I think we can maybe meet at that golden statue. well after anime next I will give you guys the meeting place and times.

diqitaldreams
10-04-2002, 05:42 PM
...just when I leave NYC...everything happens there! >O DAMMIT!!! ::whine:: ._. ::shrivel::

Galaxia
10-05-2002, 12:44 AM

Practice :D

Noooo, wait...that's how you get to Carnegie Hall...oops :thumbsup:

LaylaCinder
10-15-2002, 12:23 PM
Blah, I'll probably make it too... not like it matters? ^^; I guess I'll bring Jenova, for its one last time, since I always wanted pictures of it in NY ._. and never got them due to bad weather. Alas...
I'm completly looking forward to this though, it's a good idea ^^ maybe if all goes well you could have it next year too?

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Starwind824

Uh... uhm... From SI Ferry-

Take 1/9 to 14th Street and transfer to one of the B, D, F, V trains uptown to Rockefeller Center.

Or take N, R to 28th St and transfer to one of the B, D, F, V trains uptown to Rockefeller Center.

And finally...

Take 4, 5 to 42nd St, transfer to the 6 local. Get off at 51st and transfer to the V train downtown.

digikoomi
10-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Well we'll see, I think I might make up another event like this for next year.

Because I already have an idea of it, it's about the tea party. I was thinking to have this kind the event during the normal time, not just for halloween. because we can always rent out the place that for our people only, so cosplayer can always change at that place and just for one day and have party or something.

I told Chirs about the Sakura fest in April, that I said we should gather the kenshin cosplayer there for photo taking~ you know, it's a fest so why not dress up again ^_^?

so people here all know about the place to meet and time right? than that's good.

To Adam, my roommate told me a Japanese place that is cheap, it's on 42nd street. I will ask her about the info and I will try to check it out this friday.

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by digikoomi
To Adam, my roommate told me a Japanese place that is cheap, it's on 42nd street. I will ask her about the info and I will try to check it out this friday.

Yoshinoyas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that's the bomb diggity spot for food! :) That's a great idea!!!!! :)

aeva
10-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Ugh. I wish I didn't have school the next day... I'd love to tag along. TT____________________TT

Keurblitz
10-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Um... Guyz... -_-

*_* I wanna go that day, but I have school until 4:15
And the earliest I can get out to Rockafeller is 5:45...
Are you guyz gonna wait or are you guyz leaving at exactly 5:30?? because I wanna join in also ^_^

digikoomi
10-15-2002, 09:56 PM
So this is info I got right now

meet at : Rockefeller Center ice skate poll
time: 5pm-5.30pm
Japanese food: right now is Yoshinoyas on 42nd st.

Who is going?

Cameraman:
Dr. Makoti Jean
Cosplayer:
Subaru (me)
DJ Ranma (Adam)
Muraki
Chris
Rini
Bunny
Layla Cinder
Sheliy
Keurblitz
Harrison
Mark
Micheal
Rogers

if I miss you than please contact me I will update the list.
So now we need more Cameraman to go~

and for people who have to show up late, just meet us at the Japanese place as well.

digikoomi
10-17-2002, 09:01 AM
New people added

Photographer:
Dr. Makoti Jean
Kitty Joel

Cosplayer:
Subaru (me)
DJ Ranma (Adam)
Robyn Muraki
Chris
Bunny
Jessica
Laylacinder
Keurblitz
Harrison
Mark
Micheal
Rogers
Saad
Bethany
Usagi Tsukino
Ting
Binsu
Zach

Ranma Saotome
10-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Make sure you keep a track of their e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers.

residue
10-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Umm I would go, but it's too late for me to get a costume, unless I do something easy like duo. is that like acceptable?

Ranma Saotome
10-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by residue
Umm I would go, but it's too late for me to get a costume, unless I do something easy like duo. is that like acceptable?

Sure. :)

residue
10-18-2002, 12:53 PM
sweet ass sweet! my email addy is residue99x@hotmail.com
btw my name is jan, incase you have to call or something

Ranma Saotome
10-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by residue
sweet ass sweet! my email addy is residue99x@hotmail.com
and my cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. btw my name is jan, incase you have to call or something

Word of advice... DO NOT post your cell # like that. ^^ Just PM me and Digiko Omi your cell #. ^^

digikoomi
10-18-2002, 06:27 PM
everyone who's going, please send me a private message for your name and Email address~~

and PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME~

Galaxia
10-18-2002, 08:25 PM
I wish I could go :waaaah::waaaah:

TheAnarCHris
10-19-2002, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the directions guys, but I'm not 100% sure i can make it, ill find out next week ^/^. And I hope all those ppl attending the photo shoot have fun if i dont go, and attend Otaku-con so i can see em.

And Digi, it was a FF and a Kenshin tea party silly ^/^

Ranma Saotome
10-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Greetings folks! Ranma here to let you all know of your plans for this year's halloween events if you decide to go. And if you do go, make sure you tell your friends and bring them along! FYI, this message will be resent out tommorrow as a reminder.

We will meet at Rockefeller Center. We will be at the ice skating pole between 5 and 5:30PM. You can show up early if you want and hang around. Do not meet at the Pokemon Center. We will not be there at all. After that, we will head over to the
Halloween Parade and join up. Then depending on time, perhaps we can try trick or treating. Then finally we will be going over for Teriyaki Boy for dinner. If you don't have a costume, it's ok, you can still show up! :)

If you get lost or need to contact me for anything, call me at 1.914.548.1558. Yes that is long distance, but it's a number given to me cuz of where I live. ^^

Be seeing you there! :)

digikoomi
10-28-2002, 08:36 PM
thank you Ranma you are the best XD~ you event plan out for schedule!! anyone going as Kenshin series with me for this halloween?

Ranma Saotome
10-28-2002, 09:53 PM
Thank you, I try. :)

Galaxia
10-31-2002, 11:34 PM
So.....how was it? Did anyone go? :D

residue
11-04-2002, 12:15 PM
i was going to go, but my gay ass teacher had to give us a test.

Ranma Saotome
11-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Galaxia
So.....how was it? Did anyone go? :D

Awesome! We had a turnout of about 20 to 25 people! Some got lost on the way to the Halloween Parade tho.

residue
11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Awesome! We had a turnout of about 20 to 25 people! Some got lost on the way to the Halloween Parade tho.

sorry about not comming man, did anyone take pics, i kinda wanna see what i missed out on

digikoomi
11-04-2002, 08:40 PM
hehe I hope to see people's photo when they come out~ we have a great Halloween!!

TheAnarCHris
11-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Well I think the NYO! main site on Yahoo Groups has pcis, and those who couldnt make it to this one can go to Otaku-con in a few weeks. Residue I knew u said u were in man, but what of our Ed cosplayer?