PDA

View Full Version : Rurouni Kenshin Gathering AM 03!

Wandering Otaku
07-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Its been three years since the beginning!

Three years ago, a lone band of Kenshin cosplayers going by the name of Rurouni Otaku started a gathering for other Kenshin cosplayers at the second Ani-Magic of 2001. Now, it has been nearly three years since that time and once again, I, the Wandering Otaku (also known as Willis ^o^) am wishing to bring it about once more!

The Place? The japanese style garden behind the pool area and the hotel rooms. It is the perfect place for a Kenshin gathering.

Time? 4 pm as it has been from its beginning!

Day? Friday! weee! the first day of the con.

I hope to see all of those that I have seen before and some new faces that I have not.

(*coughs* and this year ill try not to stall everyone so much.)

List of attendees -
(for fun, we provide a list of allt he characters and people on the board that wish to come, here it is!)

Wandering Otaku (Willis) - Himura Kenshin
DK_Squall (Wayne) - Enishi
Karisu-Sama (and Family) - Kinshi, Misao, and Suura
Ikari Yui (Rurouni Shannon) - Kamagata Yumi
Rurouni Sam - Shishio
Aoshi Shinomori - Shinomori Aoshi
Miaka no baka - Misao
K_Valentine - Sanouske (tentative)

Ja ne!

Karisu-sama
07-19-2003, 04:19 AM
We be there, duh ^____^ Kenshin Misao Shuura....

Wandering Otaku
07-19-2003, 11:02 AM
*danceu!*

KARISUUUUUUU!

IkariYui
07-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Kinda tempted to pull my Yumi kimono outta her temporary retirement. Kinda tempted to redo the Sam's Shishio mask. We can get a few more turns outta the body suit.....I'm torn...=P

Update: Count us in! XD

Aoshi Shinomori
07-24-2003, 05:18 AM
hey im not part of the rurouni otaku heh but i was there the first year.. count me in as a maybe.. heh

Wandering Otaku
07-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Yeah, you gots roots boy!

K_Valentine
07-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Possible Sanosuke.

Miaka No Baka
07-25-2003, 05:54 PM
I'll have my new misao done in time =D I'll be there ^_^;
And yeah only true kenshin fans that have read the manga will know I'm misao lol!

Miaka no Baka

IkariYui
07-26-2003, 12:03 AM
You guys might not be "offically" a Rurouni Otaku lackey, but who cares about that? A gathering without you guys just doesn't seem normal=P

Yo Wirris kun~ its Komagata...not Komagato XD

hello kenney
07-26-2003, 12:21 AM
I lost all my kenshin gathering pics from anime expo- so more power to you guys! If you dont have a Sanosuke, I will be very sad...

Ive seen all the kenshin eps, and would like to read the manga- is there an 'official' translated kenshin manga, or only fan translated?

Wandering Otaku
07-26-2003, 02:19 AM
*blinks* forgive me i know that... i need sleep

IkariYui
07-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Hello Kenney~

Supposedly, Viz has obtained some grasp on Kenshin. From what I last heard, it was supposed to make some sort of appearance in Shounen Jump, either as a serialized comic, or in the way of an editorial piece. There are scanlations of them on the net that I have read and they were very good translations.
~~~

*pats Wirris on the head* Sleep is for the weak...and the weak are food for the strong....the strong live, the weak die...this is Shishio sama's truth XD

hello kenney
07-26-2003, 03:11 AM
thanks for the info!

I dont know if I could stand a serialized kenshin- I need lots of kenshin at a time- I was hoping for a few giant graphic novels of some sort.

I guess I better check out the fan translated stuff.

IkariYui
07-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Even if they did do a serialization, graphic novels will eventually follow. There would be a huge demand for them, and the publishers wouldn't turn away from the chance of making more money.

Aoshi Shinomori
07-26-2003, 08:28 PM
heh i got roots?.. well now i have to come to the conclusion on.. which one to bring.. Version 1.. Version 2.. or butt bow.. lol

Eurobeat King
07-27-2003, 12:25 PM
This year, unfortunately, I won't be able to join your group as Saitou, :( due to my schedule of other costumes planned as well as me wanting to get more pictures during the con. I'll show up to the gathering, however, and take pics of all of the RK cosplayers who are there to make up for it. :)

IkariYui
07-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Awww Saitou needs to be retired for a bit Al? XD (j/K)

Aoshi~ Its all about the buttbow costume^_~

Miaka No Baka
07-29-2003, 07:44 PM
yay my misao costume is almost done! muahahahha! It looks good hehe I'll put up some pictures when I'm done. I just hope I don't get people calling me sakura or asking if I'm sakura from sakura wars. Gah I hate it how things are similar sometimes lol!

Miaka no Baka

IkariYui
07-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Yay! Let us see ASAP XD

*laughs* your last post was #666...I thought that was funny. 3v1L L337 anyone? =P

Aoshi Shinomori
07-30-2003, 02:51 AM
ack.. its the devils nbr.. *runs and hides*.. and its the devil himself on her icon

Wandering Otaku
07-31-2003, 01:04 PM
*ponder* not this time but I think the next one (Fanime) Ill be doing Himura Battousai from the OVA again, doing it right this time (although the last time i did pretty well.... but it had a lot to be improved.) Yeah.

Aoshi Shinomori
08-01-2003, 12:34 PM
heh.. u should do a Himura Battousai..

allyunion
08-30-2003, 04:08 AM
>_< Friday. Yeesh. I have class on Friday. At any rate, there is no way I can make it down to Ani-Magic for the gathering. 4 pm? Watch Yahiko drive like mad. 1 hour down to Cerritos/La Miranda, pick up two Cosplay.com members, 1.5 hours driving like mad to Ani-Magic. @_@ Oro... And I get out of class at 12. Bleh.