PDA

View Full Version : who is going?

Lunagrl
07-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey I just wanted to see who was going to Baaf and who are you going to cosplay as?

TheAnarCHris
07-14-2003, 10:42 PM
:: points to all of the NYO!:
I'm going as Leon (KIngdom Hearts), Chris Redfield (Resident Evil), and myself, Im on like two panels.

Lunagrl
07-14-2003, 11:56 PM
cool hope to see you there. ^_^

angieeelishuz
07-15-2003, 09:57 AM
im goin with sum friends, gonna be their first con so theyre happy bout it. One of my friends n i wanted to pull out our rikku from ffx-2 costumes but with some of these rules... i hope they dont kick us out lol. Unfortunately i cant use Mai for this con either... thats like instant elimination lol. Well i hope it will be fun at least ^-^. Hope to see a lot of cosplayers there.

Sciguy
07-15-2003, 03:54 PM
*raises hand* I'm a panalist, so I'd better attend =Þ. I'll be reprising my roles as Miroku and Himura Kenshin!

fireyoukai16
07-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Haaa! Miroku and Kenshin(i used to looove them) ^-^ Hope to see you there ^^ btw, im also working on a Kenshin costume(though im not sure where im gonna wear it to)

I will be cosplaying as Full Moon from Full Moon wo Sagashite ^_^
*points to avatar*

TheAnarCHris
07-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Actually Angi,both Mai and Rikku (assuming we're talkigthe X-2 verison) are con legal. We've hd both characters (well Rikku....but we had Mai as well) at past cons so u can prob wear those this year ^/^.

dressdragn
07-16-2003, 11:11 AM
I'll be there

~Anna

angieeelishuz
07-16-2003, 12:07 PM
that makes me feel all warm n fuzzy inside ty for the infoz ^-^

ki kuru kitty
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I shall be attending the Baaf memorial for good times and for the fact that it is a N.Y.C Convention. I'm more then happy to meet new people anytime.

TheAnarCHris
07-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey no prob, im like on the few all NYC cons vets on this board, so I gotta help out the "newbies"...I'd kinda be a jerk if i didnt,lol.

Lunagrl
07-16-2003, 05:45 PM
I will be going as Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. Its my first time cosplaying at a con but not my first time going. Im glad to hear Rikku from FFX-2 is legal since my friend is going as Rikku. The Baaf site sounds so strict about costume rules.. And Does anyone know if they are going to have the craftmanship contest this year too. Or is it just the Performance and Cosplay on Broadway?

kitty_neko
07-16-2003, 06:34 PM
I'll be going~! ^_^
although I don't really know which costumes I'm gonna bring at this point... I'm focusing more on Otakon for the time being @.@!

Sciguy
07-16-2003, 09:25 PM
hehe, you'd better go Anna, you work for the Con!

Oh, and I may do a second Yukata in dark blue to make Battousai, but I'm not sure yet =Þ

BondagePenguin
07-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Oh I'm sooooo gonna whore mysizelf oot!!!

Hmmmm Well, I'll be there, and in your veteran opinions, how much do you think I oughta charge as a con whore?

neoangelwink
07-17-2003, 01:26 AM
^^ i will be there too ^_^. it be good see u all.

keloidmilk
07-17-2003, 06:12 AM
I'll be there ^^

I'm not sure if I should cosplay yet ... I've gone to both BAAF years so far, and still haven't cosplayed to it. It's kind of a pain in the ass to wear a costume on the subway/street. >.<

Koumori
07-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Astonishingly (considering how few cons I actually attend) I will be there.

yuriko
07-17-2003, 11:06 PM
I'll be there, in cosplay (probably my j-rock Yuki one)
Damn, one day short of my bday this year...

MonoyashaJLA
07-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I will be going and my friend Reiko, My costumes are Inuyasha, Kilala, and KH Cloud. One for each day ^-^...my friend has so many costume I don't know which ones or how many she may bring :P

Lady Ava
07-18-2003, 04:03 PM
I'll be there. Don't know about costumes. I have a few surprise up my sleeve for this con. But, I have to let Otakon pass before I can know what I'm doing.

Lunagrl
07-20-2003, 12:18 AM
It looks like a lot of people are going. ^_^

I remember seeing Lady Ava last year as Yuna. Great Costume!

I wish I could go to Otakon. =(
Maybe next year..

KaineMaxwell
07-29-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm going. Not sure which day yet though.

Peachy Momo
07-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Yippee! I will be there all three days! I'll be Gunner Yuna from FFX-2! Yeah, the X-2 bug bite me hard! lol! Also I may have another costume if I'm lucky enough to get it done by then! :)

TheAnarCHris
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
...I think I just got suckered into another panel.......
...and running the game room......

It seem that my mouth has finally turned againist me......

Bout frikkin time

Peachy Momo
07-29-2003, 04:18 PM
W00T! Go CHris!! Looks like someone is going to be a busy body @ BAAF! lol! ^__~

TheAnarCHris
07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah, like they say, no rest for the wicked.

KaineMaxwell
07-30-2003, 03:59 PM
You'll do BAAF well.

X Kamui
07-30-2003, 10:04 PM
il be there hopfullly ^____^

TheAnarCHris
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Clearly, I'm....ah screw it jus read my sig.....

neoangelwink
07-30-2003, 11:04 PM
^_^ dont worry do fine, i will be doing panels too.

KaineMaxwell
07-31-2003, 08:26 AM
What days are these panels gonna be so i can watch?

rovalles
07-31-2003, 10:08 AM
If i dont make it to Otakon I'll be using my Locke Cole cos and esspcially for BAAF I have a Serge costume in the works using my failed Marth wig. other than that I plan on attacking the game room full force if they have DDR7th mix or the fabled 8th mix i started to hear about. note the word fabled.

X Kamui
08-03-2003, 08:20 PM
cool, i love watching DDR, and playing too, altho im not to great, I dont play often, but i can do soem standard songs.

Im not sure if ud know the name, but does Matt Sheperfeild ring a bell, i just know hes realy crazy at DDR and goes to the tornys and stuff. (i know him from the local gamestop ^.^) lol.

(i cant wait for BAAF!)

blackmadonna
08-03-2003, 09:42 PM
I'll be going on Friday and Saturday.

Hopefully as Professor McGonagall from [duh!] Harry Potter and Mana from Malice Mizer.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Shadowlvr
08-11-2003, 02:29 AM
I wanna enter the Guilty Gear X2 Compitition on top of the cosplay compition to get the best out of the experience. Ya kno, lol (ever since final fantasy 8 with that guy that always says ya kno it just kinda stuck with me lol)

bell of yrael
08-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going... cosplaying as Jekyll again because top hats are fun to run around in.

Oshi
08-13-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm going of course. WHy would I miss the chance to spend my Bday at a convention? =D

I'm bringing Shuuin, Link, and Iruka

Chiri
08-16-2003, 05:44 AM
Of course, I will be going! (I live a mere three hours away)

I'll be seen as OVA 2 Tasuki, from Fushigi Yuugi
And I will be seen with my bandit buddy, Kouji, from the same OVA ^_^

EvilMoogleQueen
08-16-2003, 10:19 AM
It looks like I might not be able to go :(
There is still a small possibility that I'll find a way there, but most likely I wont be able to attend.

Lady Ava
08-16-2003, 11:34 AM
It looks like a lot of people are going. ^_^

I remember seeing Lady Ava last year as Yuna. Great Costume!

I wish I could go to Otakon. =(
Maybe next year..

I'll have Yuna again this year along with Songtress and Samurai Yuna (ya see a pattern in my costumes here? ^^; ). As of right now, I'll only be there for Saturday and Sunday. But, I'm trying to go all three days. I've never missed BAAF, and I don't intend on missing it this year.

KaineMaxwell
08-16-2003, 12:36 PM
I was at BAAF's first yr, missed it last yr due to issues (and maybe good thing I did with the AXNY debacle), no way missing this one.

I did set up a meeting thread earlier for those wishing ot meet up with one another.

Midknight
08-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Miyu and Larva will be there!!! (I really need to get my other costumes finished...Go Procrastination! Yeah! :rockon: )

Pink Bunnie
08-16-2003, 04:21 PM
I finally got mah tickets. Tho I ended up having to fly friday -_-;; No sleep for meeeeee! Accursed insomniacness...or something yah. A friend from California is visiting so I've no time to sew meaning I've no idea what I'll have.

BondagePenguin
08-16-2003, 11:37 PM
So yeah...I'll be whoring myself out at Baaf when not running some form of Halo tourney...so come one come all and give me money for sexual favors!!!

KaineMaxwell
08-17-2003, 10:38 AM
When someone finds out about the panels, post times please?

Chiri
08-18-2003, 07:38 AM
I'm going on Saturday! I'll be there as OVA 2 Tasuki, from Fushigi Yuugi. ^^

edit-o_o..turns out i already posted here...-_-'' chiri=baka

Jubie-Chan
08-18-2003, 09:49 PM
I ish going as Koaru Kamiya training/fighting style with a boken and everything- going saturday.. if anyone is going as harry potter characters look for me!

TheAnarCHris
08-19-2003, 01:14 AM
So yeah...I'll be whoring myself out at Baaf when not running some form of Halo tourney...so come one come all and give me money for sexual favors!!!

Somehow I can see u coming back from this con with more money in your pocket then when u get there.....

Vespaa
08-19-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm going with my b/f. xD (Like anyone cares) On Saturday only, and I hope to slaughter in the game room. I'll be Rinoa, with my b/f as Sephiroth. ^^

Koumori
08-19-2003, 07:10 AM
I ish going as Koaru Kamiya training/fighting style with a boken and everything- going saturday.. if anyone is going as harry potter characters look for me!

Check their weapons policy on the website before you go in with that bokken. As of right now, it says among other things:

3) All costume weapons are to be made out of either paper maché, soft foam padding, or from light cardboard materials. They may not have any sharp edges, or be capable of shooting projectiles. This also includes water guns.

EvilMoogleQueen
08-19-2003, 11:37 AM
There is a chance I will be there saturday and sunday. I really hope I can go.

FAC_Chris
08-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Well I live on Long Island, so it shouldn't be so hard to get in.

I'll be volunteering all weekend. When I'm off duty, I'll be cosplaying as Kaneda.

Jubie-Chan
08-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Check their weapons policy on the website before you go in with that bokken. As of right now, it says among other things:

3) All costume weapons are to be made out of either paper maché, soft foam padding, or from light cardboard materials. They may not have any sharp edges, or be capable of shooting projectiles. This also includes water guns.

yes I did but I e-mailed them three times about that and anna said I could bring it but have to have it registured. and I have a case for it which i'm keeping it in unless for picture purposes. see I take japanese sword classes and know how to handle it. ^-^ don't worry I wont hurt anyone with it, it was drilled into my head not to. (my sensei's big on saftey) plus it wasn't fair they put that there so late, I would have made a nice one out of cardboard if they put it up earlier...

cyankirby
08-20-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm going!! With my friend Fuzzy (hotohori74) of course... I'm cosplaying as Bowser and possibly Roy ('cause he's so cute!! :D ) I can't wait for the con!

Koumori
08-20-2003, 02:49 PM
yes I did but I e-mailed them three times about that and anna said I could bring it but have to have it registured. and I have a case for it which i'm keeping it in unless for picture purposes. see I take japanese sword classes and know how to handle it. ^-^ don't worry I wont hurt anyone with it, it was drilled into my head not to. (my sensei's big on saftey) plus it wasn't fair they put that there so late, I would have made a nice one out of cardboard if they put it up earlier...

The weapons policy has been posted for weeks, at least. I take Japanese sword classes too, and that wouldn't stop some moron from tripping and putting out an eye on my weapon. No matter how good your intentions are, you can't control what the hundreds of other people at a convention are going to do.