PDA

View Full Version : Whats anime next like?

Lunagrl
07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
I have never been to Anime-next whats it like? What theme does it have and what type of cosplaying do they have?

TheAnarCHris
07-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Umm..I suppose anime would be it's theme,lol. As for cosplaying, despite the little problem last year, it was really really fun ^_^.

Lunagrl
07-16-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL (anime duh!) 0_0; What was the little problem?

TheAnarCHris
07-16-2003, 08:09 PM
There was some conver..conver....crap how do u spell that word,lol. Anywho, there was a little tif-taft over the way the judging went, and someone started a conga line (aka me) and sum mook on a power trip went after us with a bokken (hit the poor chair i was carrying). But it was dealt with and if u have the chance to attend it this year, i encourage ya to go ^/^

Lunagrl
07-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Anime-next sounds quite good. Conga line stopping not good. >=D

Thanks ^^

digikoomi
07-16-2003, 08:42 PM
well Anime next actually not bad, I just don't like those un-fair cosplay judge...

Lunagrl
07-16-2003, 09:52 PM
It was really that unfair?

TheAnarCHris
07-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Well here's the deal. The skit that won(which in the opinon o me and many others) shouldnt have, and the true winners (who variety from person to person) go screwed. Many say that the ppl who one only won coz one of the voice actors from the show they cosplayed from was a judge, and they bribed him with stuff. BUt I really dont want to start rumors, soif u want, pm me, im me on aol/aim or come to the NYO!/OA newbie hang out this Saturday.

Lunagrl
07-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok thanks.. So interesting Bribes and corruption in the world of cosplay. LOL

SailorMo
07-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Geez, Chris....

FOR THE RECORD AGAIN:

Emmy and I talked with one of the *other* judges (ie he is a STAFF member!)-- The judges' decision was UNANIMOUS.

I seriously doubt he would lie to us.

How plainer can I get here.... :mad:

No bribes. No nothin. And the bokken chasing was out of our control. (And that person has been pulled off cosplay staff, btw) Emmy & I had NO PROBLEM with the conga line.

Get off it already.

Lunagrl: From what I've heard, everyone had a great time last year (despite the wrinkles!) and this year we're expanding the programming by leaps & bounds! If you'd like to see cosplay photos from last year, www.fansview.com has a whole bunch! ^_^

~Mo
AnimeNEXT Cosplay Co-pilot

TheAnarCHris
07-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Hey, I wasn;t bashing you guys (that much)....i referred to the said bokken wielder as a mook, did i not...and I encouraged her to go...ENCOURAGED!!!

::Shrugs::

Ah well, sorry for ummm..geez im lacking in the crazy catch phrases today..well sorry for upsetting ya SailorMO ^_^;

Lunagrl
07-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks both of you. I'm surely going to Anime- Next it sounds great. The Info was most helpful. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
No problem, after all i get on A+ in college this last semister for running my mouth....well I would have if they offerd that course....