PDA

View Full Version : Repo! The Genetic Opera

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Holme Peros
10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
So has anyone heard of this? If so, you'll know what I'm talking about;). I plan on doing a Blind Mag costume (the black and red one) and I was just curious if there are other Repo! army people out there:wave:

George duel
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Not in th "army", but I know it (and being a sort of fan of Anthony Stewart Head how I couldn't know it?:D)
So good luck on the costume!:)

Sooch
10-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Really looking forward to seeing this movie, and now looking forward to see your costume

cuckoojoy
10-09-2008, 02:32 AM
it looks cool ,good luck to ur costume:D

Holme Peros
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks ^_^ I ordered the feathers for the costume yesterday so I'm on my way there. BTW this is what the outfit looks like: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/HolmePeros/BlindMagRtGO-1.jpg

George duel
10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Good choice!
Looks awesome;)

SaintQ
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Can anybody help me find a latex woman-face mask?
I'm going to go as the Pavi!

Either for Halloween or a con sometime next year (possibly Katsucon for the first)

Ref pics
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Lil_Saint_Q/thepavi.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ashweelee/pavi.jpg

Sweet Poison
10-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Ha! I found you guys :) I am going as Shilo for Acen '09 I can't wait and yet i still need a grave robber and anyone who is also interested in partaking in the ACEN convention please let me know. I am also going to WIzard world later on in the year as her. I can't wait. :)

Holme Peros
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Can anybody help me find a latex woman-face mask?
I'm going to go as the Pavi!

Either for Halloween or a con sometime next year (possibly Katsucon for the first)

Ref pics
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Lil_Saint_Q/thepavi.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ashweelee/pavi.jpg

I've been looking for masks, but the only ones you find of women are either very old/creepy or are political cartoon-y ones. I think that you might have better luck making your own by either doing:

1) Buy a plain mask you can find in craft stores, cut out the mouth(since they are normally non-existant), add raised details like lips somehow?, cover it in the liquid latex, and put makeup on it.

2)Make a mold from a friend's face and make a latex mask from that (add make up).

or

3) Paint liquid latex on your face in the shape of a mask like Pavi has and layer it so it looks like a mask. Then add make up, and as for the scars you can get scar wax and add scars around the edge of the latex.

Mind you, you will need grease makeup for the latex parts. Sorry I'm not better help but I'll keep my eyes out for an actual woman's face mask.

Ha! I found you guys I am going as Shilo for Acen '09 I can't wait and yet i still need a grave robber and anyone who is also interested in partaking in the ACEN convention please let me know. I am also going to WIzard world later on in the year as her. I can't wait.

Another ACEN goer!!! Woot!!! I'm soo sad though 'cause I'm in NY (Long Island) for school and it doesn't end til the week after Acen :bigcry: So I can't go this year... it would have been awesome to have another Repo fan to do a group with. BUT I will be going to Wizard World Chicago so we definitely have to meet up ^_^

Sweet Poison
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
sorry to hear that you can't go to ACEN but yes we will def. meet up for Wizard i still need help with my costume though :( if anyone wants to help me i would be more than happy to pay them.

Sweet Poison
10-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Yay I am getting Shilos outfits commissioned since I dont know how to sew :) I am so happy

Holme Peros
10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Awesome! What outfit is being made?

Sweet Poison
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
both of the ones that are in my profile :)

SaintQ
10-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the mask suggestions.
Now to figure out the staples XD

I'd want to do Graverobber if I was going to Acen, since my girlfriend lives out there in Chicago. And I know she's already doing Pavi, so I'd likely whore it up as a Gentern or Luigi.
Also I still don't know what Graverobber's wearing half the time. :/

Nyte-Skye
10-26-2008, 03:56 AM
I plan on doing Blind Mag/ Magdalene Defoe hopefully at Acen 2009. I'm also part of the repo army and I'm going to the chicago showing on the 7 cities in 7 nights tour

Sweet Poison
10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
yay! so who is going to be in the masquerade because i am trying to get a group together LOL that would be so cool

SaintQ
10-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I plan on doing Blind Mag/ Magdalene Defoe hopefully at Acen 2009. I'm also part of the repo army and I'm going to the chicago showing on the 7 cities in 7 nights tour

haha, you'll see my girlfriend then. She'll be the shortest of the Pavis.

Sweet Poison
10-29-2008, 10:03 AM
so does anyone want to try and make up a skit for the masqurade just out of couriousity. (typo)

SaintQ
11-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Assuming masquerade you mean the big Chicago Halloween parade? I know my girl was there as Pavi. She looked good too. She found a Luigi and sang with him.
If anybody has pics perchance, I'd love to see 'em.

Sweet Poison
11-01-2008, 09:22 PM
No but i was referring to the one at Acen :) i was thinking of getting a whole group togethere. :)

Holme Peros
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I would so do it, but finals for me is the week after ACEN :( (I live in the Chi 'burbs, but I go to school near NYC soooo that doesn't leave me much time) Anywho I wish you good luck in making a skit :) But I you are planning on going to Wizard World we all should meet up.

Gaku_X
11-07-2008, 10:24 PM
*whimpersniffle*No chance of seeing this wondefulness in theaters for me,sadly.
Planning to be The Pavi at some point because acting like him is an astounding amount of fun.And once I figure out what the hell Graverobber is wearing and what's going on with his hair,my husband is becoming my personal Zydrate dealer.^.^
Was thinking about doing some girl-GR thing too,just for the fun of it.
Gentern is in there at some point and Z-junkie too.
(A friend of mine desperately wants the Repo suit too)

To everyone who can see it:Lucky and have fun!!!

SaintQ
11-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I conned my friend to becoming one of my Genterns.
Soon Pavi will have his own harem, haha!

cgmangotiger
11-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I plan on making Mag's costume from "Chase the Morning" but am having a bit of a hard time (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2689796#post2689796).

SaintQ
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
That dress is so gorgeous.

Holme Peros
11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree ^_^ BTW Repo is amazing!!! I saw it this past weekend heehee

Nyte-Skye
11-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I plan on making Mag's costume from "Chase the Morning" but am having a bit of a hard time (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2689796#post2689796).

Well sadly right now its hard to get reference pics for the dress and stuff to make it just right, cause thats the one I wanna do too

uplaw
11-16-2008, 05:43 PM
I'll totally cosplay this, one day, but for now I'll probably avoid this thread so I don't run into any spoilers~
:]

SaintQ
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I'll have my Pavi done and will debut it at Katsucon this year c:
My roommate is bustin' out Amber Sweet.

TenkanTamago
11-19-2008, 09:33 PM
We saw it in Atlanta on the fifteenth. Darren and Terrance are both cool and very gracious guys.

A friend is wanting to do just about every female costume in Repo!, whereas I'm just really looking at Rotti. @__@ I have no idea WHY I want to do Rotti, but yeah. Still on the fence about it. I need me some henchgirls.

SaintQ
11-19-2008, 11:09 PM
I know you from the Animazement forums! They call me TheWhammyCage

TenkanTamago
11-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Heh, I know, I recognized you from there and here. xD

Dib_stole_my_<3
12-01-2008, 08:22 PM
neat! I'm planning on doing Graverobber at the next comic con

SonicManJosh
12-02-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm seein the movie on friday! PLayin in Tampa! :D

Jolomian
12-04-2008, 12:18 AM
I am part of the repo army... my sister and my parents are as well.
I plan on trying to do a costume for the repo man this coming up halloween... any suggestions on how to go about making it?:confused:

starlet_flower
12-18-2008, 02:15 AM
wah! i can't believe i've missed this thread! i'm so glad i'm not the only one who wants to cosplay from that movie. my Grave Robber costume is just about done. i'm also doing Genterns and Amber Sweet (Zydrate Anatomy version). but anyone know where to get those orange sunglass things that Genterns wear?

@Dib-ooh, i hope you do Grave Robber at Comic Con! we should totally have a gathering or at least a meet-up for Repo fans.

Darcat
12-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Who's got the music of the movie

SaintQ
12-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I do. You can order the soundtrack online from Amazon I think (don't be an ass and torrent it like i did >>)

As for the gentern-visors? The cheapest way I can think of is to get some of those colored plastic dividers for notes at Staples and cut them into shape then hold them on with a piece of elastic?
I have to figure this out for my genterns too before Animazement.

Gaku_X
12-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I do. You can order the soundtrack online from Amazon I think (don't be an ass and torrent it like i did >>)

As for the gentern-visors? The cheapest way I can think of is to get some of those colored plastic dividers for notes at Staples and cut them into shape then hold them on with a piece of elastic?
I have to figure this out for my genterns too before Animazement.

The masks are literally an 8.5 x 11 sheet of acetate, yes the kind made for report covers.
I cut it out so that the 8.5 is the height, the width should be whatever will cover your face.
It starts narrower at the bottom and slightly wider at he top, with slight pointy peaks (I dip the top down in the middle - slightly, like a half an inch).
We stapled strips of tulle on a ties, so that the hair department could bobby pin them as well. (scratchy part of the staple out)
We added vinyl sticky tabs (those small clear circles you get at the hardware store to put on glass cabinet doors) at the sides, and sometimes at the bridge of the nose, to give some distance between the visor and the eyelashes.

These are super easy to make, and cheap. Most good art supply, printing places or office supply stores should have the acetate sheets. You may have to buy a folded report cover (which could make 2 masks).

Hope this helps?

Alex Kavanagh
Costume Designer, "Repo! The Genetic Opera" -Posted from the Repo!board

starlet_flower
12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
yes! thanks a lot, guys! i'll definately try it.

meanwhile, i'm trying to decide on whether or not i should get a Repo group together for the Comic Con masquerade next year...

Vitamin T
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I will be cosplaying as Rotti Largo for the Repo Road Tour 3. I was not able to get the costume ready in time for the show earlier this month (however, I did cosplay as an original character based on the movie). I will be ready for the stop in Foxboro, MA next month. I also plan on cosplaying as Rotti Largo for Anime Boston '09 and GenCon Indy 2009.

Vitamin T
12-28-2008, 10:55 PM
We saw it in Atlanta on the fifteenth. Darren and Terrance are both cool and very gracious guys.

A friend is wanting to do just about every female costume in Repo!, whereas I'm just really looking at Rotti. @__@ I have no idea WHY I want to do Rotti, but yeah. Still on the fence about it. I need me some henchgirls.

I hear that. I'm trying to recruit some Henchgirls for the upcoming Road Tour 3 stop in Foxboro, MA. My Rotti costume should be ready very soon.

Chibi Lenne
01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
FYI: Most of Shilo's costumes were mostly bought at H&M as for fabric all of it was bought in Toronto, Ontario (only exception are the items that belong to the actors like Amber's OMG glitter bra and cincher from Zydrate Anatomy)

SaintQ
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
We're rhinstoning the shit out of a bra for our Amber (she found a corset at Victorias Secret that looks almost like Ambers in Zydrate Anatomy)
I found shiny leggings that I'm gunna loosen up a bit for Pavi's pants.

Anybody doing Repo! At Katsucon? I have a group of Pavi, gentern, Amber, and Blind Mag going the Sunday, prepared to sing our little hearts out.

TrannyMess
01-06-2009, 11:18 PM
i'm saintq's amber. i'm not totally finished but i did a test run of the costume when i went to go see the movie in charlotte. i also had a gentern (my friend) and a zydrate addict (my mom) with me.

i still need to add on to my garter belt, get a choker, and get liquid latex to make my scars (i just painted them on for the movie). i'd love to hear what you guys think of it so far. the pictures are here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/193981/

zombie69queen
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I plan on doing nathans repo outfit but i have no clue how to start his mask. i knwo they modified a paintball mask but i dont know what to do about the leathery look to it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=2&oid=42545882116&aid=-1&auser=&view=all#/photo.php?pid=2137511&op=2&o=all&view=all&subj=42545882116&aid=-1&oid=42545882116&id=715587628

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=2&oid=42545882116&aid=-1&auser=&view=all#/photo.php?pid=2126333&op=2&o=all&view=all&subj=42545882116&aid=-1&oid=42545882116&id=715587628

also im 5' 9" now should i wear platform shoes for repo cause he is "6' 6" "

Chibi Lenne
01-10-2009, 04:32 PM
With the style of Repo you could probably wear platforms as Repo-Man and get away with it. If you're going for accuracy in look rather than height, don't let it bother you.

As for the repo mask: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRqLv_kSWnM I believe Adam (the awesome guy who worked on the costume <3) explains partially how they made the helmet.

P.S. For those of you in Toronto, Bloor Cinema's has released TWO MORE DATES to show Repo. one in February (a double header with Rocky Horror) and another date in March. Both of them are being Shadow Casted

<3 Chibi

zombie69queen
01-10-2009, 05:34 PM
ya he mentions using wet wool leather but i cant figure out how he got it to stick to the mask...im posting my question on a few diff sites to get an answer

Chibi Lenne
01-10-2009, 06:41 PM
ya he mentions using wet wool leather but i cant figure out how he got it to stick to the mask...im posting my question on a few diff sites to get an answer

Have you tried posting your question on the actual Repo forums? If he's posted it already people will point you in the right direction, if not, he or some of the other cast/workers will help you.

www.repo-opera.com

SaintQ
01-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I still need to make my mask for Pavi.
I'm frightened by the idea of making a lifecast of the roomie's face without assistance, so I'm wondering if I should apply liquid latex to a blankface type mask from the local costume shop and use makeup for that.

Twin Bee
01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey all :D We'll be cosplaying from Repo at NYCC and Katsucon :3 Can we please please PLEASE have a gathering at either con? Repo is just too wonderful to be ignored! :D

Alex will be cosplaying Blind Mag and Juli will be Amber Sweet :D Chromaggia and Zydrate Anatomy outfits, respectively.

We're SO EXCITED to see more Repo cosplayers out there~ :]

WindoftheStars
01-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Oh man oh man, was I thrilled to see this thread on here. I have been addicted to this for months and FINALLY got to see the film in it's entirety today. Over here on the west coast there is a Sci-Fi con in March called Wondercon. I'm hopping to have a Shilo for it, or maybe if I fill ambitious a Blind Mag outfit (if so her Chormaggia outfit). Anyone else planning on hitting up this con and possible joining me in some good old Repo! extravaganza? There will be singing and fake organs I'm sure.

SaintQ
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey all :D We'll be cosplaying from Repo at NYCC and Katsucon :3 Can we please please PLEASE have a gathering at either con? Repo is just too wonderful to be ignored! :D

Alex will be cosplaying Blind Mag and Juli will be Amber Sweet :D Chromaggia and Zydrate Anatomy outfits, respectively.

We're SO EXCITED to see more Repo cosplayers out there~ :]

Katsucon you say? I have a Repo group on Sunday!
We'll have an Amber Sweet, a Pavi, a Gentern, and a (kind of last second) Blind Mag!

Shall we do it then?
We must sing!

Twin Bee
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Katsucon you say? I have a Repo group on Sunday!
We'll have an Amber Sweet, a Pavi, a Gentern, and a (kind of last second) Blind Mag!

Shall we do it then?
We must sing!

I was thinking since most Repo costumes are pretty formal, we could have a gathering before the Valentines Day ball :3 I know I'm wearing Mag for it~ It just seems appropriate XD We always kind of look terrible on Sundays of cons and would have to rush to get checked out of the hotel and such. Either way, we'll definitely have a meet up :] And there will be MUCH singing :D

SaintQ
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
We all have our costumes planned out for the weekend already and I'm actually doing Kuroshitsuji cosplay shoot before the ball in Formal!Sebastian gear. XD

But I mean, I'm pretty sure we'll be recognizable on Sunday if you want to come over, say hi, and do a round of At the Opera Tonight.
(And I can try my best to sing Chromaggia (been practicing), which'll be hilarious since I'm the Pavi!)

Twin Bee
01-14-2009, 04:12 PM
We all have our costumes planned out for the weekend already and I'm actually doing Kuroshitsuji cosplay shoot before the ball in Formal!Sebastian gear. XD

But I mean, I'm pretty sure we'll be recognizable on Sunday if you want to come over, say hi, and do a round of At the Opera Tonight.
(And I can try my best to sing Chromaggia (been practicing), which'll be hilarious since I'm the Pavi!)

Ahah that sounds amazing XD I can't wait to hear that! XD Pavi is so amazing. We look forward to your costume! :D

And it depends how difficult it will be to get in/out of my Mag costume :d I'm gonna be covered in feathers and such XD If it's not too much trouble, I'll definitely throw her on.

Any of you guys going to NYCC wanna get a group together on Friday or Sunday? :3

SaintQ
01-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Ahah that sounds amazing XD I can't wait to hear that! XD Pavi is so amazing. We look forward to your costume! :D

And it depends how difficult it will be to get in/out of my Mag costume :d I'm gonna be covered in feathers and such XD If it's not too much trouble, I'll definitely throw her on.

Any of you guys going to NYCC wanna get a group together on Friday or Sunday? :3

Unfortunately no, that's a little out of our reach here in North Carolina. Harhar.

Chibi Lenne
01-15-2009, 09:58 PM
FYI: It does sound like REPOCON is in the works XD

SaintQ
01-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I bet it will be nowhere within reasonable driving distance of me! :D

Gaku_X
01-16-2009, 07:39 PM
FYI: It does sound like REPOCON is in the works XD

Indeed.There's a myspace as well as a facebook for it.

But,for whatever reason...mostly people arguing over who thought of it first and should rightfully organize it-It's a banned topic of discussion on the board and in the chat.

But omgomgliekawsumomg*cough*it would be so awesome.I plan to go help out with the setting up and whatnot when it's actually all finalized.

And SaintQ-If you can find it at either a craft store or toy store that sells model trains,you can get rolls of plaster wrap.You just wet it and lay it on the persons' face til it hardens and pull it off.It's really simple and afterward you just paint in the latex,peel that out and paint it.
Hopefully I's helpful.

SaintQ
01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Personally I think Repo's not big enough to warrant its own con yet. After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one. I think it should stay to the midnight ring. More fun that way. Cheaper too c:

Anyhow! I don't have the time to make a lifecast with my busy school schedule, so I'm going to modify up a craft mask at least for Katsucon.
Here's my WIP c:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1870630/

SteampunkKiasyd
01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Just make sure to have your friend use some sort of moisturizer and perhaps Vaseline on her face before applying the plaster strips. It'll keep her skin from drying out under the plaster (which will get a bit warm while it's drying) and aid in the release of the mold. Also, two short pieces of straw stuck in her nostrils will keep the nostrils open on the mold and allow her to breathe while the plaster's on.

Indeed.There's a myspace as well as a facebook for it.

But,for whatever reason...mostly people arguing over who thought of it first and should rightfully organize it-It's a banned topic of discussion on the board and in the chat.

But omgomgliekawsumomg*cough*it would be so awesome.I plan to go help out with the setting up and whatnot when it's actually all finalized.

And SaintQ-If you can find it at either a craft store or toy store that sells model trains,you can get rolls of plaster wrap.You just wet it and lay it on the persons' face til it hardens and pull it off.It's really simple and afterward you just paint in the latex,peel that out and paint it.
Hopefully I's helpful.

I'm doing a variation on the theme for a LARP character I play here in Gainesville. My Tzimisce character for the Ocala Sabbat chronicle of Vampire: the Masquerade is rapidly becoming a steampunk version of an amalgamation of GraveRobber and Nathan Wallace (the Repo Man). I'm currently working on a steampunk version of a six-shot Zydrate gun based on the frame of a Nerf Maverick (http://www.repo-opera.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4246) that I found on the Repo! forums, and haven't quite decided how to do the mask yet (or if I'll just do goggles and a surgical mask), though I'll probably adapt the duster I've already got with a black vinyl chemical apron (as soon as I can find one -- I think maybe I can get one at Home Depot or Lowe's).

JackShadow
01-21-2009, 02:07 AM
REPO! army member here

i am so stoaked to see your costume! i was thinking of doing a blind mag costume myself but im not 100% on it. i just got my dvd today!!

After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one.

rocky does have its own con in las vegas i believe...
but last i checked its 21+ but magenta and riff raff have made appearances there

Twin Bee
01-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Personally I think Repo's not big enough to warrant its own con yet. After all, Rocky Horror doesn't have one. I think it should stay to the midnight ring. More fun that way. Cheaper too c:

Anyhow! I don't have the time to make a lifecast with my busy school schedule, so I'm going to modify up a craft mask at least for Katsucon.
Here's my WIP c:

Your Pavi is looking awesome so far :D Loooove the pants! And there is a Rocky Horror Con here in NJ~ It's once a year in Atlantic City. We couldn't go this year cuz it was the same days as NYAF! :[

And omg I got the first half of the shipment of feathers I ordered for Mag's Chromaggia outfit today! They are totally gorgeous and PERFECT! SO happpppyyy. Here is a pic~ 'Scuse the shitty webcam quality and my sleepyface. First day of classes XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo301.jpg NOMNOMNOM FEATHERS

And here's a pic of my eyelashes. I have a pair for the bottoms of my eyes too. I might layer another more feathery pair over the top of those too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo305.jpg

I also have my boots as well. I'm thinking of buying some hair extensions as well to get her crazy volume!

I found her contacts too, just gotta get the monies for em. Those contacts are killing me! I've already spent about $200 on this costume so far. Good thing I love Repo so much XD

Juli is working on Amber as well :] It's looking like we'll have to hand-sew all those rhinestones on D: Waaah XD

~twins

JellyFish72
01-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Well, I'm totally doing a Shilo costume for A-Kon! I need a summer suit-like outfit, anyway, so I can probably do the ZA outfit.

Anyone else going to A-Kon? We could meet up in the skywalk to PotA and sing!

LordDraco3
01-23-2009, 03:21 AM
I'll get something rigged up for A-Kon, I just watched Repo an hour ago and LOVED it.
My friend wants to be the Repo man, but I like him very much as well. I don't think I can make a Repo suit in such a short time though...so...

Graverobber was too close to my tastes. Long rainbow hair, maroon trenchcoat, big boots, biker gloves, and HOLY CRAP A MONOCLE. I've had one for a while now ever since my urge to cosplay Sparda and I have kinda been tied to monocles ever since, but when he pulled that thing out I was just like "okay, I'm making a Graverobber costume."

Twin Bee
01-23-2009, 05:15 AM
I'll get something rigged up for A-Kon, I just watched Repo an hour ago and LOVED it.
My friend wants to be the Repo man, but I like him very much as well. I don't think I can make a Repo suit in such a short time though...so...

Graverobber was too close to my tastes. Long rainbow hair, maroon trenchcoat, big boots, biker gloves, and HOLY CRAP A MONOCLE. I've had one for a while now ever since my urge to cosplay Sparda and I have kinda been tied to monocles ever since, but when he pulled that thing out I was just like "okay, I'm making a Graverobber costume."

You'll make a wonderful Graverobber! It's awesome to see more DMC fans doin Repo cosplay~! Speaking of which, you're a badass Dante :]

SaintQ
01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Akado, where the hell did you find Blind Mag contacts? Wouldn't they be expensive if they're custom order?

Twin Bee
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Akado, where the hell did you find Blind Mag contacts? Wouldn't they be expensive if they're custom order?

http://exoticlenses.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=31

They're not TOO bad. Apparently someone asked Terrance at the RRT and he said those were the contacts worn by Sarah.

Here's a pic showing them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/REPO_7685.jpg

Oh and REPO PROPS ARE ON EBAY.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraybin-management2

Those are all from the movie! If you got some extra cash, try to win some!

SaintQ
01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
As much as I love Repo! I don't see much use in spending money for props I can easily make on my own :c

And those are it? They looked like special order to me. Like shutter-leaves more.

Chibi Lenne
01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
That was actually me posting in the repo forums about the contacts for Mag. Those Blue Pinwheels that I -already- have. They'll do since the lenses for Mag were purple shopped blue.

The actual Mag lenses are these: http://www.fxeyes.com/fxstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=18

The pinwheels are much cheaper though they look like this(Unphotoshopped) http://photography.solartempest.net/~photoshoots/youmacon2008_dom_fairy.php?picture=~youmacon2008_d om_fairy/_DSC3754.JPG#1

JellyFish72
01-24-2009, 12:19 AM

Okay, for serious, if you do a Graverobber costume, you and I are totally meeting up for pictures at some point. And possibly a song. xD But definitely pictures!

LordDraco3
01-24-2009, 05:09 AM
You'll make a wonderful Graverobber! It's awesome to see more DMC fans doin Repo cosplay~! Speaking of which, you're a badass Dante :]

Thanks! That's nice to hear =D
Let us see Blind Mag ASAP!

Those ebay auctions are going for some pretty crazy prices (the medicine bottle one I have to laugh at. It had, what, 1 second of screen time? Also, they have some naruto kunais for sale which seemed kinda bizzare), but I would LOVE to get that Graverobber right hand glove. Way too expensive for me, though. If only the left hand came with it..

Okay, for serious, if you do a Graverobber costume, you and I are totally meeting up for pictures at some point. And possibly a song. xD But definitely pictures!

I'll be sure to pack some zydrate.

Okay, so I've done some research and getting Graverobber ready before A-Kon should be simple. As for Repo man, if my friend wants to fund the costumes (he isn't the craft type of person), I'll just ask him to pay for 2 sets of materials so that I can make one for myself.

JackShadow
01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
I'm thinking of putting together a blind mag costume for next year but i have no idea where to even start x_x

my dvd came today though!!! ^_^

Soomka
01-25-2009, 08:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo301.jpg NOMNOMNOM FEATHERS
I'm also working on Chromaggia Blind Mag and wondering where you managed to get those from? My furious Googling has failed me so far.

Twin Bee
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm also working on Chromaggia Blind Mag and wondering where you managed to get those from? My furious Googling has failed me so far.

http://www.tonyhill.net/

They have basically every type of feather you would ever need and for great prices~ Good luck! :3

Miranda-chan
01-25-2009, 09:47 PM
XD::: I just watched it like an hour ago and i'm considering either cosplaying as Shilo or someone else o.o""" not too sure.

But yes!~ If i'm able to go to Anime North, hopefully I will be doing someone from Repo.... <3

starlet_flower
01-26-2009, 12:16 AM
i think you'd make a cute GENtern, Miranda.

speaking of GENterns, i totally need to redo my Head GENtern outfit. i'd worn it a few times for a few SoCal Repo Army promo events, and Repo Road Tour 3 L.A. practically destroyed it.

Miranda-chan
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah? Maybe...

I'm just hoping I won't get a lot of people with "huhwhut?" looks on their faces ^^"

JellyFish72
01-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Yeah? Maybe...

I'm just hoping I won't get a lot of people with "huhwhut?" looks on their faces ^^"

Just carry a bunch of little Repo flyers, and whenever you see someone with a look, just hand them a flyer! Then they're not (as) confused, and free promotion for the movie! (And more chances for a sequel! ^_^)

Miranda-chan
01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
XDDD true~ That could potentially work

SaintQ
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Pavi is so close to being done, I can taste it. I need to grab up a cheap mirror.

Miranda-chan
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd love to see finished pictures! Good luck on finding a mirror!

SpazzehFTW
01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
:D
I'm going as the Repo Man to the Megacon. I'm editing my Organization XIII jacket that I already have since I won't have time to shop for another one >>
And for the mask I'm gonna be getting a paintball mask and playing with that.
Muahaha!

Twin Bee
01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I have a small preview for you darlings!

Excuse the poor webcam quality. I literally JUST took the pic now and figured I'd share. More photos when I get more done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo307.jpg

Lol, feathers for the top are not done yet, need to be thinned a bit, since there's two THICK layers of coque feathers there. Gotta add the longer ones too. And yanno, sew em on XD

SpazzehFTW
01-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Akado, that is SO FRIGGING COOL xD
Kudos for the awesomeness.

JellyFish72
01-27-2009, 03:56 AM
I am so incredibly impressed, Akado. That's AMAZING! It's so pretty!!!

JackShadow
01-27-2009, 04:57 AM
Akado BRAVO!! that looks great i cant wait to see the rest!!!!!

on second thought mebbe i should do a pavi... making the lady face would be fun.. >_> buy a barbie hair dresser head and cut off the face >_> ahehehheheheeheeee

SaintQ
01-27-2009, 08:24 AM
That looks so good! You better come find my repo group on Sunday at Katsucon!

Miranda-chan
01-27-2009, 10:40 AM
That's so beautiful Akado!!! You'll make a fantastic Mag, I know it~

EDIT : I was roaming in the kitchen and found this :

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1880370/

Shilo's medicine anyone? XD"

SpazzehFTW
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
That's so beautiful Akado!!! You'll make a fantastic Mag, I know it~

EDIT : I was roaming in the kitchen and found this :

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1880370/

Shilo's medicine anyone? XD"

Whoa, freakish close resemblance with the meds xD

Miranda-chan
01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I thought so.

You should've seen it... I was looking for something to attempt making Zydrate in, and that was sitting there... <3

SaintQ
01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I need to buy a ton of blue glowsticks for zydrate. XD

Twin Bee
01-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who gave me feedback on my Blind Mag progress so far! It means so much that you guys like it ;__; Especially seeing as I wasn't liking it too much last night XD Seriously. You all made my day so great! :D

Alsooooo. I think we're a bit too ambitious. We just ordered stuff to make a Pavi mask for our friend for Katsucon. I THINK WE ARE CRAZY. 8D About 2 weeks to make about 4 costumes and a latex mask? Pfffft.

starlet_flower
01-27-2009, 11:50 PM
for me, i'm gonna paint a glue stick bright blue for the Zydrate, and then i'll stick it inside an old glue gun. i know it'll look really cheesy, but it's the best i can do with my budget right now. although if it's just the Zydrate vial, i'll be filling up a glass test tube with water and adding blue food coloring to it.

btw, Akado, your Mag costume totally rocks! that's one of my favorites from the movie!

Soomka
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I have a small preview for you darlings!

Excuse the poor webcam quality. I literally JUST took the pic now and figured I'd share. More photos when I get more done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo307.jpg

Lol, feathers for the top are not done yet, need to be thinned a bit, since there's two THICK layers of coque feathers there. Gotta add the longer ones too. And yanno, sew em on XD
Wow, that's really looking awesome! Can't wait to see more.

Getting me excited about my own costume :)

Miranda-chan
01-28-2009, 10:08 AM
It may be kinda cheap sounding, but I think it's a creative way to get that look for a low price.

I'm hoping possibly, if there's a Graverobber and a Nathan, that I can give one some Zydrate, and give the other Shilo's medicine, then, have a photo of them both offering my cure XD:

SaintQ
01-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Awww, I wanted to be the only Pavi at Katsu.
I'm too poor/time stretched to make a latex mask, but I discovered that 'painting' a craft mask with makeup gives the same effect really. At least visually. Which is all that's needed. though my hair will be a wee bit short since I cut it for my Sebastian cosplay.
At least I have my bangin' pants.

Miranda-chan
01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm wondering which one of her outfits would look like the most effort went into it for Shilo... I mean, all her outfits look like things I could pick up in a store (i've even heard her entire wardrobe is from H&M)

SaintQ
01-28-2009, 06:57 PM
That's what I've heard too. And if that's the case, I need to hop into an H&M soon.
(Though I bet anything Shilo related has sold off the shelves XD)

Miranda-chan
01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
As do I.

Oh! and I found a way to make something that looks like zydrate, and tastes okay!~

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1882031/

What I did was take some hot-ish water, then stuck a piece of a blue candycane in it, let it dissolve (I shook it to make it work faster) and then I drank it, it tasted okay, but it was a little bit of a bland blueberry flavour. I think it looks okay, in that photo, it was under a light so it gives it a bit of a glowy look

What do ya think?

EDIT: don't ask why I made it edible.... someone on the repo boards was talking about making a drink called Zydrate XD"

SaintQ
01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Haha, for my Repo! DVD party we bought a ton of the light blue Gatorade. I should have served it in champagne flutes though.

That looks like good zydrate. But the taste probably wouldn't be too nice.

Miranda-chan
01-28-2009, 10:13 PM
XDDD" I tasted it, it was alright...

now.... blue gatorade, that's a smart idea. XD" Why didn't I think of that?

Then again, blue lemonade jones might work too..... >.>

I'm thinking of doing her purple outfit now... what do you think? I might go see if they have anything for it at H&M and then if not, hit some goodwills and whatnot. If not after that, i'll just make them by hand.

LordDraco3
01-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Graverobber progress: http://i40.tinypic.com/2vdg1hv.jpg
Also not pictured: I found my monocle <3

I am making my gun from an old ping-pong shooting gun that I've had for damn near 15 years. I loved that thing, so it's nice to get some more use out of it finally xD;;
I got the idea from the Repo boards where someone modified a squirt gun. Total cost for the gun was less than $10, and it looks AMAZING (the only one that i've seen that can glow). The 'official' way to make the gun exactly like the movie one starts with a $15 spray gun and involves cutting metal.
I'll check Hobby Lobby tommorrow for some vials/tubes to use for Zydrate. CVS had absolutely nothing.

As for the Zydrate itself, I'm going to experiment with glow in the dark paint. I've heard that glow in the dark objects won't be glowing when photographed, though, so I might try and rig up some LED caps for the vials if possible. I should probably just use glow sticks, but I don't know where to get them the right size, and I've never bothered to find out how well they can be reused.

And after buying the blu-ray and wtaching it at least 5 times in the past 2 days, I noticed a lot of things I missed before... like Graverobber's purse of tools...@_@
Also, he keeps 4 vials of Z in his holdster, then has some in his pocket according to "Come Up And Try My New Parts," and it looks like he pulls one from his crotch when Amber demands one more hit before the Opera.

Oh, and Akado, you should also make Mag's Chase the Morning cloak <3
Looking good so far though, especially with how the feathers have a nice red gradient to them.

Miranda-chan
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
ah!~ You're going to be a great Graverobber, I can tell!

The repo boards have photos of all of the Graverobber's supplies and bags and stuff, you might want to check that out ^^

moonflower.
01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
So I finally watched this last night while I was bored and I expected it to be horrible (I was one of those "oh this is going to suck" people when I saw the trailer.) but it was really good. So now I want to make a Shilo costume really badly for Dragon*con. I was thinking about making the first one we see her in, with the cropped vest and poofy black skirt.

Reference pictures:
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/25226708/aview/REPO_3447.JPG
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/Visculmania/00-09-46.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get boots that are similar to those? The rest of the outfit seems pretty easy, but the boots are probably going to give me trouble.

starlet_flower
01-29-2009, 03:57 PM
i think you'd make a really cute Shilo, moonflower! i'm not too sure about the boots though. i saw someone use plain black heeled boots once, and that worked really well.

moonflower.
01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Aw, thanks. I looked at the boots again, and besides the buckles that go up the back (I think they are buckles... maybe laces. .I'll have to go watch it again) they are plain black boots with a 1 - 1 1/2 inch heel... Those shouldn't be that hard to find I guess. Boots were in this past season, and they probably are all on sale now.

I also found the perfect skirt (a pettiskirt). Its more than I thought it would be, but it has like 45 yards of fabric in it, and that would probably cost a lot to buy and make. I think I'm going to just break down and get it.

EDIT:

okay, I just broke down and bought it. I have another costume I would wear it with that I was just going to make, so it is worth it to just have it.

LordDraco3
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
For any footwear needs, check out PleaserUSA.com
The credits lists them as their supplier for all of the shoes/boots in the movie at the end of the special thanks section. Their Demonia line was definately used extensively (graverobber and pavi both had reaper-30 boots from demonia....can't wait to get mine in the mail!!)

The only drawback is that site is a wholesale store, so you will probably have to look for the style of shoe you want in other places if you want to buy just one pair. Otherwise they have a first-time order minimum of $250.00 (and unless they sell the shoes VERY cheaply, that should only be like 3 pairs of boots)

moonflower.
01-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Cool. I'll check them out.

So I bought the skirt, the wig, the fishnet undershirt, and a cropped vest that's like 10 sizes too big for me, but I'll sew it to fit. It looks almost identical. Everything except the vest is being sent to my apartment, and the vest is being sent to my parents house where the sewing machine is, so hopefully I'll have pictures in the next week. I'll have to sew the vest when I go home for spring break.

my list:

Wig - ordered: Nicole in black from cosworx.com
Shirt
Vest- ordered: ebay
Jabot
Skirt : Ordered: http://www.sterlingandpearls.com/PettiBlackBrookRoses.jpg is the one I ordered
Fishnet undershirt: ordered: hottopic.com
Tights: Already have
boots
Black ribbon
Necklace
Wristband

Then the optional accessories:
Insect Book
Bag
Gas Mask
Medicine vial

Anything I'm missing?

LordDraco3
01-30-2009, 07:01 AM
I think gas mask Shilo would be pretty cool. Gotta make that torch, though, if you use a mask.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4ufex5.jpg
Can anyone help me identify these blasted things? I know what the bottom right set is, but the rest are proving difficult...
Especially the center one. Gotta make sure that one is perfect @_@
So far I'm debating between an antique syringe (most are platic/glass though) or a hypodermic needle used for horses.
The pliers looking thing I don't have a clue on, or the chisel thing next to it, or the top corner objects.

SaintQ
01-30-2009, 08:56 AM
The top two things just look like syringes to me.

As for the pliers.....I don't know.

I'd suggest searching 'embalming/morticians tools' to figure the rest out. Considering he is using them to get Z out of dead people XD

moonflower.
01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah.. I probably wasn't going to wear the mast for the most part, except for pictures, but I'd have it in my bag or something. the torch and gas mask would be totally awesome for a photoshoot though.

The pliers almost look like wire cutters/strippers, but I think they are supposed to be forceps. I have no idea though.

starlet_flower
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM
i'd love to see that version of Shilo though. with the mask, i mean.

as for the tool kit, well...some of them look like dental cleaning supplies XD! though it could be because i'm not wearing my contacts right now...

moonflower.
01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah. The only reason I wouldn't wear it for normal D*C wear is that it would be really hot and hard to see/interact with it on. I'd have to take it on and off. But I think I'm going to make/get one and have it in my bag, and for the D*C repo photo get together I'll have it. Plus, it will be good to have when I do an actual photoshoot.

On a different note.. I'm about 6 inches taller than Shilo is... Do you think that'll mess up the look... I hate being tall, but she's like... so tiny. I figure that if my costume is good enough, and recognizable that it won't matter, but do you guys think that it will ruin it? I'm not as thin as she is either, but proportionately I'm only a little heavier than she would be at my height.

Usually I don't mind being taller than a character, but I'm usually not at such a large height distance, so what do you guys think? Will it be noticeable (or should I just stand next to tall people all day?)

Fargo
01-31-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm new around these parts and stumbled upon the amazing thread.

In the process of doing the auctual repoman costume. and I've been searching and searching for some sort of pattern but I can't find anything that even resembles it. anyone have any ideas for this?

and i thought the helmet was going to be the hardest, lol..

LordDraco3
01-31-2009, 03:59 PM
I haven't looked for a pattern yet either, so I could sure use one..
I was thinking of making my own pattern for repo, and maybe emailing Adam Smith to get some ideas.

moonflower.
01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Awesome. I found the pieces for the cameo necklace on etsy that look almost identical, so I ordered that in two sizes.. I can't tell which one will look better. Once I get it, I'll put them together and see which one looks the best for the outfit.

I also found a pair of boots on ebay that are similar.. they have less of a heel (thank goodness) and they don't have the buckles across the front of the arch nor the ruffle around the top, but I can probably add those in. I'm going to ignore the buckles in the back.. I have no idea how I'd add those in.

boot picture reference:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/1232772189799_REPO_2990.jpg

Twin Bee
02-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Ok so us twins embarked on an adventure tonight! Casting my face in plaster of paris for our friend's Pavi mask!

Dear Jesus. What a trip. We had trouble with the plaster setting too quickly before we could cover my face. Which resulted in us having to mix 3 and a half batches of the plaster.

Here's a pic of me, waiting for it to dry XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo319.jpg
How hot am I, right? ;D

It's totally weird feeling XD Make sure that if you do make a cast of your face like this, that you have enough Vaseline on your face first or it will be painful taking it off. And it certainly helps if you have a bunch of friends to help XD I had Juli and two of our other friends helping to make sure everything was coated evenly and everything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo321.jpg

Here's a pic of me, right after taking the cast off~ No makeup and chunks of my eyebrows taken out XD TRIM THEM BEFORE YOU DO THIS XD Or use more Vaseline :x

Ahhhh, what we do for cosplay and Repo :]

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask~ More progress will come when the mask latex finally comes in and Pavi's face is painted!

LordDraco3
02-01-2009, 04:07 AM
/cry

The graverobber tool bag is already at $200. And by a buyer who signed up less than 30 days ago. Sounds fishy to me...but I want that bag, dammit!!

SaintQ
02-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, it kicks the ass out of my mask.
It was fun while it lasted *sniff*

Ssssffff I need to paint mine.

moonflower.
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow.. That mask is going to look awesome! Are you going to just coat the inside with liquid latex to make it?

Twin Bee
02-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow.. That mask is going to look awesome! Are you going to just coat the inside with liquid latex to make it?

I hope it comes out awesome XD

And yes indeedily, I am going to use liquid mask latex from monstermakers.com. :] They also offer really nice latex paints so I got that as well. For the lips I am going to razor them so that they open when our Pavi talks XD I'm also going to use real lipstick on them and attach fake eyelashes to the lids of the eyes :] Should be an adventure! Hopefully I'll have more pics by Wednesday when the latex comes in the mail~ Cutting it close with NYCC so soon, but it's awfully exciting :D

moonflower.
02-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I hope it comes out awesome XD

And yes indeedily, I am going to use liquid mask latex from monstermakers.com. :] They also offer really nice latex paints so I got that as well. For the lips I am going to razor them so that they open when our Pavi talks XD I'm also going to use real lipstick on them and attach fake eyelashes to the lids of the eyes :] Should be an adventure! Hopefully I'll have more pics by Wednesday when the latex comes in the mail~ Cutting it close with NYCC so soon, but it's awfully exciting :D

Sounds like a plan. Make sure to post tons of pictures. I wish I could go to NYCC. A bunch of my friends are going there, both as guests and regular visitors. Unfortunately I'm only able to do one con a year right now, and its Dragon*con.

Zergishzerg
02-02-2009, 02:21 AM
"People, people, people? TESTIFY!"

SaintQ
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
For painting a craft mask with makeup, my own Pavi mask doesn't look half-bad either!
Sure it won't get the feel of the flesh mask, but I'm working on a budget and time constraints (AKA I have 8 hours of studio classes a week with assignments completed outside my schedule), so it looks pretty beast. I just need to draw in some details with eyepencil and it'll be golden.
Katsu is too close...too close indeed.

The_Repo_Man
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm in the midst of trying to make a RepoMan costume. I need suggestions from anyone on how to make the helmet. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Twin Bee
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm in the midst of trying to make a RepoMan costume. I need suggestions from anyone on how to make the helmet. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Do you have a facebook? Because the Repo Costumes group has a tutorial. It's base is a paintball mask :]

Twin Bee
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
For painting a craft mask with makeup, my own Pavi mask doesn't look half-bad either!
Sure it won't get the feel of the flesh mask, but I'm working on a budget and time constraints (AKA I have 8 hours of studio classes a week with assignments completed outside my schedule), so it looks pretty beast. I just need to draw in some details with eyepencil and it'll be golden.
Katsu is too close...too close indeed.

Please post pics if you get a chance~ I'd like to see how you painted it :3

SaintQ
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I will when it's all finished. Lay it out pretty.
The makeup makes it look like real skin it's creepy just sitting on my desk with a blank stare.

Holme Peros
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
OMG O_O this thread has grown lol Its been awhile since Ive gone on these boards due to school, but I did end up finishing my Mag costume (lacking pics dues to my crappy camera being borken XD), but I'm now on to Bandleader because I'm apart of the Zydrate Enthusists Network (ZEN), the Long Island Repo! Shadowcast!

@Akado: OMG you look amazing! lol You did the smart thing by buying the feathers predyed; lol I wish I thought of that cause I dyed mine by hand O_o. BTW how did you put in your feathers? I handsewd all of mine to the correst and that was a pain, and I'm curious cause I know a couple of people who made a seperate underdress for the feathered parts. And yours look great! I was going to be attending NYComiccon too but unfortunately money is low cause of riduculously expensive textbooks lol Anywho major kudos to a fellow Chromaggia cosplayer ^_^ and I definitly want to see the finish results!

miyavilover666
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
wow this thread really is on a roll O_O
I WAS going to do Graverobber but i was replaced in my group T_T so i am going to just be a Gentern and go around distributing Zydrate. XD (the cheap version of course)
I think it will be fun either way ^W^ i will be sure to post pictures, i will be at Megacon and probably momocon.

Gaku_X
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
It may be kinda cheap sounding, but I think it's a creative way to get that look for a low price.

I'm hoping possibly, if there's a Graverobber and a Nathan, that I can give one some Zydrate, and give the other Shilo's medicine, then, have a photo of them both offering my cure XD:

If you can get on the reop-opera.com boards and get in contact with the Toronto army,I'm certain they'd show up.They're all crazy and awesome.

And to everyone:I made drinkable Z for RRT3 with sprite,blue food colour.and peppermint oil(not a lot though,as it's VERY strong.)People loved it,I ran out.Cheap,easy.and yummy.
And if you have a party/liquor store near you,check for bags of shooter test tubes.I got 4 bags of 10,$1.49 each.

moonflower.
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
If you can get on the reop-opera.com boards and get in contact with the Toronto army,I'm certain they'd show up.They're all crazy and awesome.

And to everyone:I made drinkable Z for RRT3 with sprite,blue food colour.and peppermint oil(not a lot though,as it's VERY strong.)People loved it,I ran out.Cheap,easy.and yummy.
And if you have a party/liquor store near you,check for bags of shooter test tubes.I got 4 bags of 10,$1.49 each.

Couldn't you also just use blue gatorade?

SaintQ
02-02-2009, 07:59 PM
That's what I did for my Repo release party!
I'm going to attempt to put some eyebrows on this mother of a mask and get pics tonight.

moonflower.
02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your updates.

The stuff I ordered should be here this week, so I'll start actually having picture updates.

SaintQ
02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Gotta see if my roomie has a brownish eyepencil. That seems to be working the best on this thing...
I have no clue how I'll transport it without my makeup rubbing off XD

moonflower.
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Use make up setting powder or spray

http://www.graftobian.com/commerce/catalog.jsp?catId=2103

KimiChizuchan
02-02-2009, 09:52 PM
o3o; Sweet..a thread. I might be cosplaying as Amber Sweet, as soon as I can get my friends to actually watch the film so they can cosplay with me..maybe. XD; Who knows!

starlet_flower
02-03-2009, 01:48 AM
AAAH! i can totally see you as Amber, Kimi! which version of her are you planning on?

moonflower.
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I got my skirt in the mail today, and it looks awesome!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0203091722.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0203091705.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0203091711.jpg

(ignore how bad I look. I had class from 9-4 30 today and I just got back)

I'm just wearing a random white blouse to show what it looks like against a white shirt. I think it ended up looking really good.

Gaku_X
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Couldn't you also just use blue gatorade?

Eh,just not fond of the flavour.

Twin Bee
02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
My Chomaggia!Blind Mag is now 100% finished! I am beyond pleased with the results. I have a pic~ Sorry it's so crappy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo66.jpg

I will post pics of the entire outfit on tomorrow :]

Juli's Amber costume is almost completely done as well! Have a piiiic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo325.jpg

More pics of both our outfits soon!

Also, a funny thought just popped into my head. We're twins, and our Pavi is going to be wearing a mask of my face. So there will be three people with the same face cosplaying from Repo XD Just an amusing thought!

SaintQ
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
My Pavi mask had a mishap but it should all be fixable. If I ever feel like putting on those ridiculous pants again I'll have a finished pic.

Your guys costumes look good from the pics you have posted.

moonflower.
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow. Your costumes look awesome!!! That's a lot of feathers, but it looks amazing!

moonflower.
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry to double post, but I got some more of my stuff!

Wig:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091735.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091739.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091739a.jpg

Wig, Black undershirt and skirt (too lazy to take off my uggs and jeans, and the white shirt is just a random one for color refrence)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091802.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091803a.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0205091803.jpg

I think its looking awesome. I also got the outside for the necklace, but the cameo isn't in yet. I'll post pictures once I get that finished.

Gaku_X
02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Random note due to the craziness of Repo!Chat.
October 9th is officially Pavi Day.(10/9 will say the Pavi)

Twin Bee
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
I am working on the Pavi mask right now and guess what's on the radio?

"Dude Looks Like a Lady" by Aerosmith.

Love iiiit. XD <3

Can't wait for Pavi Day XD

SaintQ
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I will celebrate Pavi day to its fullest.
I think I'm on fall break at that point.

Egh...I should take pavi wips but I'm lazy.

starlet_flower
02-06-2009, 12:02 AM
wow, moonflower! i can't wait to see the final outcome! your costume looks really great so far. love the wig!

moonflower.
02-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks! I should have a few more of the things in the next few days. The vest went to my parents house so I could sew it when i go to visit in a few weeks, and the boots are coming to my apartment, so I'll have lots more pictures soon!

Twin Bee
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
While we're getting read for NYCC today I figured I'd leave a few pictures :D The Pavi mask is all done! Yesterday was just a marathon of painting and makeup XD I'm gonna post images in order of how things got done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo327.jpg
Fresh out of the mold! We were excited lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo328-1.jpg
With the flesh colored paint on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo334.jpg
The makeup all finished!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo335.jpg
I lova the Pavi~!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/BeLovin/Photo336.jpg
A FACE FOR MY FACE.

It's most certainly not PERFECT since the latex settled oddly in the mold, which left gaps and imperfections. But for having never done anything even remotely like this before, we are very happy with the results! :]

moonflower.
02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
OMG that is awesome! You can tell exactly who that's supposed to be. You did an awesome job on that.

starlet_flower
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
*drooldrooldrooldrool* awesome Pavi!

SaintQ
02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Well that kicks the hell outta mine.

I'll be posting WIPs soon.

edit:
Posting WIPs now

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/195493/
Me and my roomie had a little too much fun.

TrannyMess
02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
check out my surgery tits! i mean scars...

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1894237/

moonflower.
02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Those look great! Really realistic looking! Good job!

EDIT:

Its a minor addition, but I got the pieces for my cameo necklace, so I put them together, and they look perfect!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0207091700.jpg

SaintQ
02-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Pretty! I want a necklace like that.

moonflower.
02-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Etsy.com is your friend. I searched for pre-made ones, but no one had the combination of the black with the large gold frame, so I looked through the supplies instead.

http://operachic.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c83e69e2010534a7be4f970b-320wi
http://gi58.photobucket.com/groups/g256/9KWBMOKGM1/ZydrateAnatomy14.jpg

Those are the necklace references I used. I know the frame isn't identical but its really close. I'm happy with it. ^>^

SaintQ
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
It looks good, as does the rest of your costume so far!

KimiChizuchan
02-07-2009, 10:31 PM
AAAH! i can totally see you as Amber, Kimi! which version of her are you planning on?

Mmmm...probably her Zydrate Anatomy outfit...but who knows. XD I'd been considering cosplaying as Blind Mag when I watched the movie, so I didn't pay much attention to Amber's costumes..but I wound up liking her more by the end. XD

I gotta get thinner before I do any Repo! costume though...XDD

starlet_flower
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Mmmm...probably her Zydrate Anatomy outfit...but who knows. XD I'd been considering cosplaying as Blind Mag when I watched the movie, so I didn't pay much attention to Amber's costumes..but I wound up liking her more by the end. XD

I gotta get thinner before I do any Repo! costume though...XDD

aw, who cares about that anyway? didn't stop me from cosplaying the Head GENtern. i really think you'd make a great Amber. how about that pretty white and black dress she wears whenever she's laying on the couch? or her outfit during "Mark It Up"? i think you'd look awesome doing those versions as well.

SaintQ
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I second the black/white dress.
I'm also in love with her blue chinchilla fur when she's crying to Rotti about being surgically maimed

KimiChizuchan
02-08-2009, 05:19 PM
XD I rather like that black and white dress. Might go with that..maybe. Who knows. XD There's too many outfits of hers to pick from. <3

mcboingboings
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I have found the corset for blind mags go to ebay and search leather corsets you'd have to glue the feathers yourself. The other characters boots are on http://www.rivithead.com/product_info.php/cPath/20_70/page/4/products_id/1098 ---amber sweets boots and the graverobbers boots-- http://www.rivithead.com/product_info.php/cPath/20_74/page/1/products_id/695 nathans boots are almost exactly like grave robbers I'm still looking for nathans clothes

Twin Bee
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
We come baring pics from NYCC! :D Only a few right now, we'll post more once our photographers get more back to us :]

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1895849/
Here's our grouuup! :D Pavi's mask wasn't pulled up far enough on his head ;3; And my corset wasn't laced up yet XD But anyway, here we are! :]

I have close ups of our costumes too if anyone wants em.

moonflower.
02-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I saw that on the front page and, even though i commented there already, I want to say again.. You guys look totally awesome!

starlet_flower
02-09-2009, 12:17 AM
omg! those are such wonderful costumes!!!

SaintQ
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
The corset turned out beast, I trust we'll be seeing ya'll at Katsucon? Granted we won't be Repo-ing until Sunday.

Tensk
02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure where to even begin.

I'm usually not into movies like Repo, however there was something very appealing about the "atmosphere" of it.

After i picked it up and watched it 3 times in a row, something in my mind clicked and i came to peace with myself thinking "Wow, what an absolutely awesome movie".

I'm new to these forums, and I'm probably interrupting/intruding on someone else's forum post, if so i am sorry. I'm a noob :(

To the point of my post ^_^ sorry.

The character Nathan Wallace, the actual Repo man. Something about him i related to nearly the entire movie, and i was curious if anyone knew where i would even begin to fathom up this costume?

My height itself is fine, i stand 6'5 without shoes, and my build fits it i just....How? the costume was so in-depth and to me had a "fear" image like darth vader in a sense.

Hopefully i fit in well here :P I've been trolling around looking at all of your costumes. The blind mag is Excellent. Pavi scares me :( but very well done, and all the others as well. Graverobber is going to fit perfectly.

Well, i typed a near essay! Off to class.

Thank you.

SaintQ
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
From what I understand, there's a Repo Man tutorial thread on the Repo Costumes facebook group, which you should definitely check out!
Huzzah! More people fall in.

Vitamin T
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
posted my Rotti Largo pics from Repo! Road Tour 3 here on cosplay.com

starlet_flower
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
wow, i love your Rotti costume! especially in that one pic with the Henchgirls!

Lady Saru
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I recently saw Repo! and I'm addicted to it. I haven't stopped listening to the songs for days.

Point of my post: I'm considering a cosplay, but I'm not sure which one to do.

I must say I love all the costumes in this thread. You guys are great.

Vitamin T
02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
wow, i love your Rotti costume! especially in that one pic with the Henchgirls!

Thank you! As soon as I walked into the theater lobby I had Darren and Terrance complimenting me and taking pics. Looking forward to doing this cosplay again soon.

SaintQ
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Rotti is not a cosplay not often attempted I don't think. Props to you, T! Its fantastic!

LordDraco3
02-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Progress!
http://i40.tinypic.com/ejhgk0.jpg

I LOVE these gloves!!!
Just dyed a shirt I found at Goodwill (original color was tan and just threw it into a Rit dyebath for 30 mins). I still plan on cutting the buttons off and tearing it open a little more.
The syringe was a lucky buy off ebay, it was barely $10!

I got my Reaper boots from Sweet n Sassy in the mail, but they were just a tiny bit too small and squashed my pinky toes, so I am sending them back for a larger pair. Just a note to anyone buying these, you cannot move your ankles in these boots whatsoever.
I bought a Danzig belt buckle from ebay, got it in the mail the day after this pic was taken. To anyone wanting one, the same seller lists one every night. Just check between 6-10PM central for their usual listing time, because they are usually bought with "buy it now" within a few hours.

My Z-Gun is also comming along, I am just trying to figure out good ways to include LEDs.

Twin Bee
02-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Progress!
http://i40.tinypic.com/ejhgk0.jpg

I LOVE these gloves!!!
Just dyed a shirt I found at Goodwill (original color was tan and just threw it into a Rit dyebath for 30 mins). I still plan on cutting the buttons off and tearing it open a little more.
The syringe was a lucky buy off ebay, it was barely $10!

I got my Reaper boots from Sweet n Sassy in the mail, but they were just a tiny bit too small and squashed my pinky toes, so I am sending them back for a larger pair. Just a note to anyone buying these, you cannot move your ankles in these boots whatsoever.
I bought a Danzig belt buckle from ebay, got it in the mail the day after this pic was taken. To anyone wanting one, the same seller lists one every night. Just check between 6-10PM central for their usual listing time, because they are usually bought with "buy it now" within a few hours.

My Z-Gun is also comming along, I am just trying to figure out good ways to include LEDs.

You look fucking AWESOME. Come be our Graverobber <3

Juego
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
We come baring pics from NYCC! :D Only a few right now, we'll post more once our photographers get more back to us :]

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1895849/
Here's our grouuup! :D Pavi's mask wasn't pulled up far enough on his head ;3; And my corset wasn't laced up yet XD But anyway, here we are! :]

I have close ups of our costumes too if anyone wants em.

Much love for doing Pavi, even if the mask did slip.

moonflower.
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I bought some over the knee socks for my Shilo costume (I found a shot from the scene I'm doing, and she's not wearing black tights.. its over the knee socks), so those will be coming in the mail soon. I got three different styles and heights because I was not sure which one would end up in the right place on my legs. And, my boots should be getting here sometime in the next week, so I'll get pictures of both of those once I get them!

I still can't find a good jabot either combined or separate from a shirt, so I'm going to have to make my own now.

LordDraco3
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
You look fucking AWESOME. Come be our Graverobber <3

Thanks, your Amber & Mag look amazing!
And Pavi was losing his face. Kinda fitting if you ask me.

TrannyMess
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Nice Graverobber wip there!

Katsucon tomorrow. Sunday will be deliciously repo-y. If anybody's there look out for a Pavi, Zydrate Anatomy amber Sweet, and a Blind Mag

starlet_flower
02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I recently saw Repo! and I'm addicted to it. I haven't stopped listening to the songs for days.

Point of my post: I'm considering a cosplay, but I'm not sure which one to do.

I must say I love all the costumes in this thread. You guys are great.

hmmm...i can see you as Blind Mag, especially the "Tao of Mag" version. or maybe Shilo during the song "Seventeen."

Vitamin T
02-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Rotti is not a cosplay not often attempted I don't think. Props to you, T! Its fantastic!

Thanks!

moonflower.
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I got my Over the knee stockings for my Shilo costume, and I put the cameo necklace together.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0215091419a.jpg (Skirt and stockings)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0215091419.jpg (necklace)

Ignore the tan tanktop. I don't have any clean short sleeved white shirts with me at the moment.

LordDraco3
02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I got my Over the knee stockings for my Shilo costume, and I put the cameo necklace together.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0215091419a.jpg (Skirt and stockings)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/0215091419.jpg (necklace)

Ignore the tan tanktop. I don't have any clean short sleeved white shirts with me at the moment.

Looks good so far!

Schezar
02-16-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm working on a Graverobber for ACEN, having a little difficulty with the Zydrate gun, and I can't decide whether or not to buy a wig yet, I can't tell if my hair will be long enough to be passing by then, decisions decisions.

SaintQ
02-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Got back from Katsucon and am searching about for pictures of my finished Pavi cosplay which I will post here. Lotsa people recognized me and my Amber Sweet. I just wish the place hadn't been so darn crowded!

moonflower.
02-16-2009, 02:40 AM
I just found the real watch they used for Shilo in the movie, so I bit the bullet and spent the money to buy it. Its going to set my budget back a little, but its the real one.. I was spending all this time trying to figure out how to re-create it, and it was just getting too extreme.

I'll post pictures once I get it!

LordDraco3
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I just found the real watch they used for Shilo in the movie, so I bit the bullet and spent the money to buy it. Its going to set my budget back a little, but its the real one.. I was spending all this time trying to figure out how to re-create it, and it was just getting too extreme.

I'll post pictures once I get it!

This? http://www.nooka.com/buy/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36

And Schezar, check out the repo forums. There is a tutorial on how to make the *exact* gun from the movie, and a few people (myself included) are making custom ones. I've almost finished mine, still trying to figure out the LED issue though.
Damn I hate myself for forgetting to buy these awesome pre-wired compact LEDs at Ikkicon. I saw them, and then totally forgot to get them on my way out the door >_<

moonflower.
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Yep, That one!. I'm totally going to use it as a regular watch too. Haha.

Xavietta
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone :) I read through all the past pages, but I still don't know if I'll be able to catch up lol everyone's costumes look great!

I'm planning a couple repoman costumes for my boyfriend and I. Unfortunately I couldn't really connect with any of the female characters as far as cosplay, so I thought "I want to be a repoman!"

I read on one of the past pages that the base of the helmet is a paintball mask. I have to say I can't believe I didn't think of that before, so I'm ordering a couple of these:
http://www.a-1paintballstore.com/p-280-vents-helix-goggles-single-lens.aspx

Does anyone have any suggestions for the material for the jacket? I'm thinking of using latex:
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Black,.30mm,Latex-Sheeting

I'm opting not to do the apron, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm going to first start working on some weapons and the jacket pattern. Will post pix when I can ^^

LordDraco3
02-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Hey everyone :) I read through all the past pages, but I still don't know if I'll be able to catch up lol everyone's costumes look great!

I'm planning a couple repoman costumes for my boyfriend and I. Unfortunately I couldn't really connect with any of the female characters as far as cosplay, so I thought "I want to be a repoman!"

I read on one of the past pages that the base of the helmet is a paintball mask. I have to say I can't believe I didn't think of that before, so I'm ordering a couple of these:
http://www.a-1paintballstore.com/p-280-vents-helix-goggles-single-lens.aspx

Does anyone have any suggestions for the material for the jacket? I'm thinking of using latex:
http://www.mjtrends.com/products.Black,.30mm,Latex-Sheeting

I'm opting not to do the apron, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm going to first start working on some weapons and the jacket pattern. Will post pix when I can ^^

I went out and bought a paintball mask & blue LED strip tonight myself. Should be fun!
The Repo Man costume was officially made using a very dark green vinyl, which looked black on camera. Good luck!

And just a suggestion, there was a Repo Woman in the repoverse, who apparently reposessed fetuses, but was cut from the plot due to time constraints. I think it would be really cool to see a costume made for this, or one of the many other Repo Men from the intro comic scene and/or Night Surgen scene.

EDIT: Whoops, I was apparently only somewhat right. Here is a post I saw on the repo forums:
Now I maybe wrong but looking at the photo's close this is how I understand it.
The coat is made up of 3 panels- Back, Left side and Right side (minus the arms and the collar)
The Back and the under flap(right panel) are made up of a slightly softer, streachier matte like fabric, it seems to maybe have a bit of texture to it, a vinyl that had a backing.
The left panel is made from a PVC, smooth rubbery type panel. This panel is differnt as it was ment to be a built on apron according to the creators
Black fabric was used for both. Alex then used grey-green mix acrylic paint, and some metallic silver acrylic paint to breakdown the coat and mask to give it a worn look. I am hoping she see's this and can explain a bit on how that was put on, was it sprayed? or what not. Adam is going to upload many many new pictures of the jacket this week so hopefully we will all know more about it then. I know I have a few more questions on it before I start to make mine.

I also started working on my mask. God I love the LEDs-in-the-helmet idea, it looks SO COOL!!

Xavietta
02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
oh man I am totally not going to stress about finding dark green vinyl lol I think I might still go with the black latex, but I'll use 2 thicknesses for the different panels. What are you making your mask out of? I'm going to try molded leather. I've needed an excuse to try that anyway :)

lexiphane
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey all! Your costumes look so fantastic!

I'm doing Graverobber for Comicon this year and, frankly, his coat is proving more problematic then I'd like.

SaintQ
02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Well well well!
Here's a few photos I dug up from Katsucon!
My craft mask didn't do half bad, but I'll still be making a latex one for Animazement.
Lotsa people recognized us, which was fabulous <3
Almost every dude we talked to was plotting Graverobber cosplay and we invited them all to join the Repo! group at Animazement. Harhar.

http://fleathemagician.com/coppermine/albums/Katsu09Fish/xFish357.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/crippled_muse/Katsucon%2015/DSCF0222.jpg

Hopefully more will surface soon.

LordDraco3
02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
oh man I am totally not going to stress about finding dark green vinyl lol I think I might still go with the black latex, but I'll use 2 thicknesses for the different panels. What are you making your mask out of? I'm going to try molded leather. I've needed an excuse to try that anyway :)

I haven't quite decided yet. I don't really want to use molded leather because I am wiring the electronics first, and I don't trust my skillz with leather. I may make base features with paperclay or something then cover it with something that I find suitable next time I go fabric shopping.

Twin Bee
02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Adam Smith just posted a photobucket of pics of costumes from the movie :D The Repoman pics are super detailed and should be useful! :]

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/repo_costumes/
Not all of the sections have been updated yet, but keep checking!

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/repo_costumes/REPO/
Repo pics :D

Hope this helps!

Xavietta
02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Adam Smith just posted a photobucket of pics of costumes from the movie :D The Repoman pics are super detailed and should be useful! :]

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/repo_costumes/
Not all of the sections have been updated yet, but keep checking!

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/repo_costumes/REPO/
Repo pics :D

Hope this helps!

:eek: thank you for that ^^

moonflower.
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh, thanks for posting that! I wanted to do Shilo's Zydrate Anatomy and Chase the Morning outfits next, and they have awesome shots of the details on there!

lexiphane
02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Okay. So, question, Repo! Army. How do we feel about girl!Graverobber costumes?

The ones that aren't, how can I say this, entirely accurate but capture the feel of the character in a female version.

Thoughts? Feelings?

LordDraco3
02-18-2009, 04:49 AM

The ones that aren't, how can I say this, entirely accurate but capture the feel of the character in a female version.

Thoughts? Feelings?

It really depends on the final look. I would suggest making modifications to 'girlify' the costume rather than trying to replicate it.

Xavietta
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM

Thoughts? Feelings?

I'd like to see that :) The only problem is maybe having to explain who you are (?) I don't know. I have a friend who, when she does a girl version of a guy character, she just makes the costume more revealing :rolleyes:

I don't think the graverobber has a specific "uniform" so maybe as long as you have that tool kit he's got, it should work :)

Twin Bee
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Cute pics SaintQ! :D Love da shiny Pavi pants-a!

And honestly, I think that pulling off a female version of Graverobber's specific character would be kind of difficult.
I think maybe you should do just a take on a generic female graverobber/zydrate dealer? Like have the toolkit and zydrate vials and whatnot :3

lexiphane
02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
The BFF has decided that not only must she be Graverobber but she and I cannot, under any circumstances have the same costume. Or the world will implode or something. So she's going to moan and whine about going as girl!graverobber until I agree to do it instead or go as a different character.

Should I suck it up and go as a different character? Will that make me a better friend?

Also? Which colors are in GR's hair? Blue, obviously, and blond bits and then is it orange or maybe red?

Why yes this is me shamelessly using the fount of your knowledge for selfish purposes

leelandolee92
02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
hi people okie so this comment is to all of those people who want to know more about blind mags chase the mornign belt.

hi everyone! so today i was anticipating on buying blind mags chase the morning belt and i found out many fun facts about it.
-mag wears hers upside down...(the sharp pointy design actualy points downward...todl to me by the fashion crimes worker)
-the belt is made by "Brave Beltworks"
-this belt was bought at "Fashion crimes" on queen st w (tornto) and they had one left
-There are two releses of this belt one rarer then the other..the one mag has (corset ribbon) is rare and hard to find but there is a less popular version in where 4 small buckles are used.
-The price range for this belt is aprox. 150
-and the one and only belt they had left was size XXS (which i was told i could fit into but i could not)

KarasaurusRexxx
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
For a couple cons this year, i'm cosplaying Shilo from Genetic Emancipation...her mothers old dress. Blood and all. :D I'm pretty excited. I love Shilo to pieces. <3

The cons i'm cosplaying Shilo at are probably going to be Colossalcon, METROcon, and Youmacon. C:

And i'm sooooo so so glad to see all of you amazing REPO! cosplayers. C: All of your guys' costumes are so awesome!!!

moonflower.
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I got my watch, and its AMAZING! I love it so much. I wore it around today, and I actually had a few people comment about how cool it was.

I just got bored so I took a few artsy pictures with my Cameo and the watch.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0024-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0027.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0031.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0032.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0034.jpg Shot of it on my wrist.

Twin Bee
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I got my watch, and its AMAZING! I love it so much. I wore it around today, and I actually had a few people comment about how cool it was.

I just got bored so I took a few artsy pictures with my Cameo and the watch.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0024-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0027.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0031.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0032.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0034.jpg Shot of it on my wrist.

Those pictures are just wonderful! Love them just as beautiful photos! God, that watch is so win.

moonflower.
02-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Those pictures are just wonderful! Love them just as beautiful photos! God, that watch is so win.

Thank you! I love taking photographs, and I wish that I could photograph myself doing a shilo shoot.. I have so many good ideas for shots/angles.. but I'm just going to have to make my dad see it the way i do and pose it for him. Haha.

And, I know! the watch is amazing! And remarkably easy to tell time on.

Xavietta
02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
that watch is so epic! It's so futuristic looking :) Wasn't it $140 or something like that? I can't see myself paying that much for a watch lol ...and I can't tell the time on it anyway :bashful:

moonflower.
02-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Haha. Yeah, it was expensive, but I can wear it in real life too.. I've adjusted my budget a little for it, and it was really the last big thing I had to buy... The black ribbon is easy, the blouse/jabot I'm going to make when I go home in a few weeks, and I'll mod the vest then too.. Then, besides getting my boots and my new black undershirt in the mail, I'm basically done!

Since I got the watch, the wig, and the necklace, the three items that repeat themselves in every costume, its now really easy to make her other outfits. I'm planning on doing her Chase the Morning outfit next.

Its actually really easy to tell time on.. it just took a couple minutes getting used to it. it confused my friend though. He was like "I don't want to work that hard and do that much math to tell the time"

Irken Hawk
02-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm working on a few Shilo costumes myself. I just ordered a bunch of stuff tonight and a few days ago, I can't wait for it to come in. :)

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Which costume are you doing?

Irken Hawk
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Which costume are you doing?

The first outfit I'm working on is the one she wears in graveyard, when she first meets Graverobber. But I also have plans to make at least four more.

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Haha. Nice. That's the one I'm almost done with.

Irken Hawk
02-20-2009, 12:26 AM
I couldn't decide which one do to, so I figured I'd do all the ones I like the most.

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Haha. That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm making the 21st century cure one (first one) for dragon*con, but since someone else in the parade group who joined first is doing it too, I'm going to do her Chase the Morning outfit just for the parade, and maybe for walking around in for a bit.

Okay, I found an awesome black lace turtleneck for my Chase the morning costume, so I got it.. I guess I'm doing it officially now. haha

LordDraco3
02-20-2009, 04:35 AM
LEDs+Helmet= SOOOO COOL http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1913334/
I have since cut the helmet considerably. I will post another pic once I finish the wiring (just trying to find a 12v battery bracket, radio shack recommended cracking open a garage door opener).

I am also going to try and make my own Repo Cadet costume.
It will start with a gas mask with an open back (so that my hair can hang out), and I am going to fix animal horns onto it to resemble a demon, along with placing red LEDs to rather than blue ones. I may try and add a teeth feature on as well depending on the mask, but if anyone sees any COOL gas masks on the internet that look intimidatingly repo-worthy, send me a PM ;D

I haven't decided what to do for the rest of the costume, but I am going to go for a "demon" persona (as opposed to Nathan's "night surgeon" persona).

LordDraco3
02-20-2009, 04:51 AM
BLIND MAG COSPLAYERS: This was taken from the repo-opera forums, just a heads up for contacts help.

The contacts used in the film were not sclera, they were these:
http://www.fxeyes.com/fxstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=18

They are currently on sale at at around 40 dollars less than normal. If you email them before you buy, you can get them made in any color, and you could have them made slightly larger, which is how they were made in the film. Also, I suggest asking the pupil to be made smaller if you want a bigger impact.

Xavietta
02-20-2009, 10:34 AM
man I wish I could wear contacts ( :sulk: astigmatism) The LEDs look epic! as for gas masks I found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cyber-slipknot-gas-RESPIRATOR-mask-steampunk-rave-metal_W0QQitemZ310123461728QQihZ021QQcategoryZ1112 31QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anti-Dust-Paint-Respirator-Mask-Industrial-Gas-Chemical_W0QQitemZ260364116668QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1 1905QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISRAELI-GAS-MASK-CIVILIAN-NBC-FILTER-FULL-FACE-MILITARY_W0QQitemZ270345218668QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3 6071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Military-ARMY-Gas-Mask-Rubber-WWII-Vietnam_W0QQitemZ280313054295QQihZ018QQcategoryZ66 534QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Police-GAS-MASK-riot-SWAT-chemical-ADVANTAGE-1000-S_W0QQitemZ120378649988QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11905QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's one for Shilo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Israeli-Issued-NATO-NBC-Filter-Survival-GAS-MASK_W0QQitemZ390030629299QQihZ026QQcategoryZ70985 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't exactly know what you're looking for, but I hope that helps ^^

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh, thanks for the link to the one that looks like shilo's. Its not exact, but it is similar. I'm not at the buying the gas mask stage, but I'm definitely saving that. ^.^

Irken Hawk
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
If you're looking for gas masks, try finding Army/Navy stores.

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Ebay tends to be cheaper in my experience. Plus, I'm at college, so its a little difficult to get anywhere (no car), and I don't know if there is one on the metro line. But thanks for the tip.

Irken Hawk
02-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Ebay tends to be cheaper in my experience. Plus, I'm at college, so its a little difficult to get anywhere (no car), and I don't know if there is one on the metro line. But thanks for the tip.

You can also try a site called armynavydeals.com, they tend to be pretty cheap sometimes.

moonflower.
02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm. That's not bad. Thanks for the link. ^.^

LordDraco3
02-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Thanks Xav, that vintage mask looks absolutely awesome. I think I'll start looking for similar models, since that one has already ended.

I have successfully finished wiring my mask's lights to an on/off switch, and god I love it! I even had to show the guys at work >_>;;
Still need that garage door opener though, since right now the wires are soldered directly to a 12v battery.

I am also working on a zydrate concoction (for glowing purposes of course). Tonic Water is said to glow blue under UV light, so I went and bought some from wal-mart for less than 70 cents. I filled 1 vial with straight water, 1 vial with water +1 drop of blue food coloring, and 1 vial with less than a drop of color so that it is a lighter blue. I will go to radio shack tommorrow to see how well a UV LED makes them glow. I also plan on ordering some super-bright blue glow in the dark paint (can't find any BLUE in stores) and trying a mixture that with both glow in the dark *and* under UV light.

Xavietta
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Glad I could help ^^ I can't wait to see the zydrate, I love when things glow! I saw your LED mask as well, super epic :)

I got my masks in the mail yesterday, a lot sooner than I expected :) I also went to the leather shop today and picked up some leather to cover them. I got a crash course in leather moulding, so we'll see how it goes lol I might do a small project just to practice before moving on to my masks.

moonflower.
02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, awesome! I can't wait to see all of your progress!

moonflower.
02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I got my shilo boots! I still have to add the ruffles and the buckles, but I think they'll work well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0040.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/DSC_0038-1.jpg

Lady Saru
02-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Seeing as I just discovered my long black wig (how'd I forget it?), it's almost a given that a Shilo cosplay is in the future.

Now...which version to choose...

moonflower: Those look amazing! Also, your previous watch pictures were great!

moonflower.
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks! both my Shilo costumes are almost done now! I'm all excited. Once it gets warmer, I'm totally heading to a graveyard and doing a photoshoot.

LordDraco3
02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the comments! I don't currently have access to my photoshop for resizing, but here are some updated pics from my phone:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wpnu45.jpg My finger is sitting on the on/off switch here
http://i41.tinypic.com/15ob6sh.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2uel5c9.jpg

In one image I have with Nathan facing off against the henchwomen (deleted scene, maybe?), I could tell that his helmet doesn't quite cover his chin, so I tried to cut it to those specifications.

I put paper clay into the top of the mask in order to anchor the LEDs to something, and I will cover the clay with 'liquid electrical tape' once dry. The next step will be to build the rest of the skeleton for the mask (namely the hat part, which I plan on keeping seperate from the rest so that I can easily change the battery or fix any wiring issues), and go pick up something to cover it with on my next day off.

The zydrate had to wait a day since I was too busy at work to make it to radio shack >_<
But, overall, my Z-Gun is about 90% complete.

moonflower.
02-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow! That already looks amazing! That's going to be incredible! I can't wait to see it as it goes along. And the blue glow looks perfect!

Lady Saru
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
That's great! I bet the rest is just as awesome as the helmet.

guineapiglady
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow, it takes a while to get through so many pages. Folks have done an awesome job with your costumes!

I'm planning to do the Repo man and/or one version of Blind Mag (haven't decided which yet) for Dragon*Con. Sadly, it'll probably be a couple months before I get a chance to start work on them due to other ongoing projects.

moonflower.
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, it takes a while to get through so many pages. Folks have done an awesome job with your costumes!

I'm planning to do the Repo man and/or one version of Blind Mag (haven't decided which yet) for Dragon*Con. Sadly, it'll probably be a couple months before I get a chance to start work on them due to other ongoing projects.

You're going to D*C? Awesome! More D*C people. We're doing a photo get together at least once during the event, and there's a parade group too. I think the parade group still needs Mag for sure, and more than one repo man would never hurt.

Ama Uzume
02-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Wow, check out this thread!

Okay, I've haven't seen the movie yet, however I've listened to the songs and know the plot. The one character I'm falling in love with is Blind Mag. And the song I'm already in love with is 'Chase the Morning'. Now I know I won't have enough time to do 'Chase the Morning' Blind Mag before the end of May. However, I would like to have it done before October. Do you guys think you can help? I mostly want to do the dress, not the jacket. I'm that not good yet.:p So, any help would be greatly appercaited.

Please and thank you!:bigtu:

LordDraco3
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
<3 Mag's Chase the Morning cloak.
Here are some great shots of her costume: http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/repo_costumes/Blind%20Mag/?start=40
Half the pics are turned inside-out to show the seams and construction.

The fabric seems to be a very large snakeskin print velvet or something, and I think it will likely be the hardest thing to replicate. NO ONE has been able to find anything yet on the repo boards!! This should also help: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/MalloryGrier/Repo/Costumes/MagCtM1.png?t=1235390198

And you should totally try and get this made for A-Kon =P
One of my friends wants to be a repo cadet (he has never cosplayed before, but I'll help), and his girlfriend is working on Mag. We will have quite the many Repo people there!

More D*C people
I want to go to D*C very much, I just haven't decided if I want to sink the few hundred bucks and several hours driving time in order to do it yet x_X

SaintQ
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
I want to go to D *C but I'm very very poor.

Also tutorials:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=42545882116
They talk about the Blind Mag 'Chase the Morning' cloak in there

moonflower.
02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
D*C is awesome! Its just so much fun to go too, and there's going to be a repo! group in the parade, with a float and everything. Its going to rock. I'll have at least two shilo costumes for it too.

And, I'm officially Shilo for the Maryland Shadowcast of Repo! So Now I need to make versions of all of her outfits. o.O Luckily I'm not going to make them totally screen accurate... else it would take forever to do costume changes.

Ama Uzume
02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
This is a quote from cgmangotiger on a thread she made for help with Blind Mag's 'Chase the Morning' dress (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2689796#post2689796).

Yeah, I am a part of the Repo boards and Alex talked with me personally about the costume. The simplicity pattern will work perfectly and is a lot easier to work with other than having to talk multiple patterns and sewing those together. Since I'm not a great sewer, the easier the better. And elongating the hood shouldn't be a problem, the arms I might need my mom's help (She'll have to help with regardless.)

For fabric, the closest I could find was; http://www.denverfabrics.com/catalog...px?ItmID=PP880 (What do you think?)

What do think about that material? Or is there a better one you think?:confused:

moonflower.
02-23-2009, 11:21 PM
That link doesn't work. -sad-

Ama Uzume
02-23-2009, 11:45 PM
That link doesn't work. -sad-

Try this link: http://www.denverfabrics.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=XX465

moonflower.
02-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh, that looks really close! I'd totally get that if I were doing Mag. I can see that working perfectly.

Tyblat
02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh man, I've loved this movie ever since it came out, but I never thought i'd end up cosplaying it.

I was wrong. Friends told me a couple days ago that I get to be Blind Mag. I'm a member of the Repo boards, so I know what to do for most of our outfits. I've decided to do either Chase the morning, or the Tao of Mag (or both).

My only problem is her hair in the Tao of Mag. I can't find any good shots of it. I know it's up, and I think it's in two buns. But beyond that I have no idea. There are shots where they look like feathers, and shots where it looks like dreads. Anyone know anything about this?

Ama Uzume
02-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Oh man, I've loved this movie ever since it came out, but I never thought i'd end up cosplaying it.

I was wrong. Friends told me a couple days ago that I get to be Blind Mag. I'm a member of the Repo boards, so I know what to do for most of our outfits. I've decided to do either Chase the morning, or the Tao of Mag (or both).

My only problem is her hair in the Tao of Mag. I can't find any good shots of it. I know it's up, and I think it's in two buns. But beyond that I have no idea. There are shots where they look like feathers, and shots where it looks like dreads. Anyone know anything about this?

I would try the Repo! threads under 'Visual Creations' (http://www.repo-opera.com/board/viewforum.php?f=250&sid=9d86e2bd3b7fceab7e29f1581c76c8b7). They could help you out.

Another place to try is 'Wild Eyes' (http://www.wild-eyes.com/flash.htm) Click on 'Her' and then click 'Zoomin'. Their pretty close to Blind Mag's eyes.

Tyblat
02-24-2009, 02:40 AM
I would try the Repo! threads under 'Visual Creations' (http://www.repo-opera.com/board/viewforum.php?f=250&sid=9d86e2bd3b7fceab7e29f1581c76c8b7). They could help you out.

I scoured that board. Very little is said on the outfit. There are only a few pictures of it (she doesn't wear it for very long in the movie), and they're all screenshots, but none of them show the hair very well.

Ama Uzume
02-24-2009, 02:55 AM
I scoured that board. Very little is said on the outfit. There are only a few pictures of it (she doesn't wear it for very long in the movie), and they're all screenshots, but none of them show the hair very well.

Try youtube.com. Type in 'chase the morning' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJn4wSq7bE). It's a slideshow of Mag. The first pic is 'Tao of Mag' Mag, I think.

mariksgrl
02-24-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm going to be making Blind mag with my friend as Shilo for Anime boston~