PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on purchasing Inuyasha costume from Ebay..

Clarisa
10-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi all..

I'd appreciate it if any of you can recommend a good Ebay cosplay store that's reliable and provides quality in service.

There was a tailor who gave me reasonable price for making Inuyasha's costume for my brother but she backed out on me since there's too many orders already. Now I'm opt to order off Ebay but I'm worried the costume might turn out bad or worse, never arrive to my doorstep at all.

Any of you with experience buying from Ebay and would like to share recommendations or suggestions, I'd be grateful if you could take some time to reply..

Many thanks in advance..

Regards,
Clarisa

Kazephyr
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, I'd honestly recommend you just find a commissioner, rather than trust E-bay. You can always check the Marketplace here, or take a look at the commissioner review thread (which I've lost the link for >_<).

E-bay = unreliable. Even the "good" sellers have really all-over-the-place quality... Plus, many of them don't use their own photos, so it's hard to tell. If you have absolutely NO choice, and must order from E-bay, I'll give you this advice: Whatever you do, don't buy from human_go_cosplay... I bought two costumes from that seller. Both came in VERY different colors than what was shown. -_-;;

Bahzi
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Well, I'd honestly recommend you just find a commissioner, rather than trust E-bay. You can always check the Marketplace here, or take a look at the commissioner review thread (which I've lost the link for >_<).

E-bay = unreliable. Even the "good" sellers have really all-over-the-place quality... Plus, many of them don't use their own photos, so it's hard to tell. If you have absolutely NO choice, and must order from E-bay, I'll give you this advice: Whatever you do, don't buy from human_go_cosplay... I bought two costumes from that seller. Both came in VERY different colors than what was shown. -_-;;

Seconding everything here.

I would stay away from eBay, especially for Inuyasha series costumes, I've heard more complaints about eBay IY costumes. Like Kazephyr said, most Chinese sellers steal pictures from each other and from US commissioners. For example, eBay seller 'Soniceplayer' has stolen Limebarb's Sesshoumaru, Sango, and Naraku costume pictures, so I'd stay far far away from them.

Also, have to agree on human_go_cosplay, a friend got their Sesshoumaru set, and she said it looked nothing like the pictures, and that she was extremely dissatisfied.

If you want an Inuyasha costume that's accurate and what you want, find a commissioner, there's plenty offering their services in the Marketplace. eBay sucks.

Clarisa
10-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Unfortunately, there's only one person who is truly experienced in making costumes from where I come from and she's fully booked. I'm worried the other tailors mightn't be able to make the costume accordingly since cosplay is a really new thing here..

I do agree that it's unsafe to purchase off Ebay. I even noticed that most of the pictures they posted looked the same. I tried comparing one seller's pictures and none had the same background. I've heard that human-go-cosplay has a bad reputation, however, I'm hoping to get some comments on come-on-cosplay. So far, this is the only cosplay seller on Ebay who has similarities in his/her pictures..

Perhaps, if there are any of you out there who has a used Inuyasha costume and would like to sell off, you could let me know.. I'm open to this as well..

Many thanks in advance..

-Clarisa-

Inuyasha_Kun
10-10-2008, 07:32 AM
well, on the cosplay.com homepage, there are two links to two pretty good sites that I have bought from them... one was mooncostumes and the other one is cosplay magic. (Now, cosplay.com wouldn't give out those links if they werent any good right)

I bought Kagura Sohma from Mooncostumes and Mint Blancmenche from Cosplay magic.

Both there VERY Accurate and the price was reasonable. I dont know how their Inuyasha costumes are...

for some reason, both places use the same pictures

Clarisa
10-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Inuyasha_kun, thanks for the info.. I'd be most grateful if you could point me to the thread that has the links.

Many thanks.. ^^;

Inuyasha_Kun
10-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Inuyasha_kun, thanks for the info.. I'd be most grateful if you could point me to the thread that has the links.

Many thanks.. ^^;

http://www.cosplay.com/ lol you will see it for sure on here

Clarisa
10-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Thanks Inuyasha_kun :)