PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Meetup/Photoshoot!

Sarcasm-hime
07-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Just reminding everybody that Cosplay Meetup day is this coming Saturday. Instead of a simple meetup/chat, I'd like to get together in High Park to have a photoshoot. Noonish? Anybody have any specific location in the park they'd like to meet? If not, perhaps one of the main entrances?

Lafiel
07-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Curses..
I wish I could make it. But its my Friends birthday.
Perhaps we can have another one in august ;)
Hope everyone has fun :)

Chosuke
07-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Wish I could go, but unfortunately I have no car and no way of getting all the way up to Toronto right now x_X;
Also I am leaving for Vancouver on Saturday evening too..

Sarcasm-hime
07-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on having a couple of photoshoots so if you can't make it to this one then maybe the next one. ^_^

Sarcasm-hime
07-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Pics are now up from Saturday's cosplay photoshoot! http://sarcasm.fanfic.org/photoshoot.html

Takuma-san
07-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Cool, Chibi Waki and.......

Die Duo Mike, known to me as Guy With "Buy Less Pocky Sign"...

Chosuke
07-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Were there only three of you ?
Oh well,that park looks REALLY nice.

But its so hard for me to go up to Toronto.. mom doesn't want me going downtown without an adult and refuses to drive me..bah --;

JustinCredible
07-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Hey.... woah... I wish I would have been able to show up. It would be flashback city... Mr.DieDuoDie (although he told me at AN he was going to do it again... I was very disapointed when he didn't) and my BR Classmate! I wonder if she's entering next year? O_o?

Sarcasm-hime
07-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah, only two other people showed up. Oh well....next time, I guess.

It's a huuuuge park, and while driving home I spotted lots of nifty places to take photos for next time (including a really pretty garden with gazebo and fountain).

LOL, 'downtown' is a pretty vague description. Yeah, there are some places in Toronto that you wouldn't want your kids wandering around unchaperoned, but High Park really isn't one of them. In the summer it's packed full of families picnicking and throwing frisbees and stuff. You couldn't get *more* wholesome if you tried.

Chosuke
07-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Well DownTown to me is pretty much all of Toronto...^^;;
I live in Brampton so the farthest I've gone on my own is Missisauga to see Scoti.

Kisa
07-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, I would have been there, but uh. Kingston...

Lafiel
07-24-2003, 10:37 PM
I think we are tentativly planning on for the weekend after Otakon. Keep your Saturday open ^^.

Sarcasm-hime
08-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Okay, here goes.

The second Toronto cosplay photoshoot will be on Meetup day, Saturday August 16, at 2pm in High Park. I will be posting a map soon with directions. Everybody come out and show off your costumes! ^_^

Kia
08-07-2003, 04:17 PM
I work untill 2pm that day ( :( ) But I'll see if there's any way for me to get into the city right away after my shift. :: crosses fingers ::

JustinCredible
08-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
Well DownTown to me is pretty much all of Toronto...^^;;
I live in Brampton so the farthest I've gone on my own is Missisauga to see Scoti.

Correction... you live in 'THE MEAN STREETS of Brampton' ;)

I hope I have my costume done by that time... so I can give it a test run... but right now it seems unlikely :(

Fake_Mike
08-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Ah man, I so wanna go it would be so cool, but i haven't even started my costume. Boo this bites. Maybe next time.

mikcy
08-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Sarcasm-hime
Okay, here goes.

The second Toronto cosplay photoshoot will be on Meetup day, Saturday August 16, at 2pm in High Park. I will be posting a map soon with directions. Everybody come out and show off your costumes! ^_^

August 16? I'm off from work that day. W00t! *crosses fingers she has her costumes done by then* Let's just hope I can go. My mom doesn't let me go to places if I have no one to go with or meeting with people I don't know. X.x; Then again most mothers don't. XD

Mia-P
08-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Woo, I hope I can get one of my costumes finished for that :eek: :eek: :eek:
It's a great opportunity for me to take some good photos of everyone though, since it will be outdoors^_^

Sarcasm-hime
08-08-2003, 02:20 AM
Let's just hope it doesn't rain. LOL

Mekou
08-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Don't jinx it! :P:P:P

the only way I won't go is if no one I know is going and I become too chicken to come ;_;

Kisa
08-08-2003, 09:40 AM
BOOO!!! You should make it during CNA... that way some of the out-of-town people can go.....

Sarcasm-hime
08-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Erm....I thought we were having photoshoots at CNA anyways. Would people really want to take a whole afternoon away from the con itself to head down to a park?

Fake_Mike
08-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Sarcasm-hime
Erm....I thought we were having photoshoots at CNA anyways. Would people really want to take a whole afternoon away from the con itself to head down to a park?
I know i wouldn't want to.

lainey
08-09-2003, 03:59 PM
well the photoshoot is indoors at first for awhile.
you don't have to go outdoors.

lainey
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
ooo!
plus I don't think I'll be finished my costumes in time for that date...

AND it's quite far O_o

Sarcasm-hime
08-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Bring an older costume, why not? ^_^

lainey
08-09-2003, 10:24 PM
LoL
like i have an older costume O_o

the only costumes i have are the two i'm making now O_o

Lafiel
08-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm planning on going, just need to know where it'll be and when exactly.

I heard Hyde Park is a big place ^^

ikegami
08-16-2003, 10:53 AM
On another board, I think Bloor Street entrance was mentioned. I'll be there, and I'll be there early.

Sarcasm-hime
08-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Ummm...actually, the Bloor street entrance was for last time. I was assuming that since the power went out and I wasn't able to get online until just now (probably a lot of people are in that situation as well), that the photoshoot would be cancelled.

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Kenney:I live in the drag racing streets of Oakville. Initail D, anyone?

I'm defenitley up for an outdoor photo shoot- I hope That alot of people show up. And even if it does take away a few hours from the convention, we still have another day and a half to do whatever we want!

Also, I have two costumes... I wonder if I can get pictures taken as Amano Ginji AND Reno of the Turks that day...

Barks: Hate to break it to you Kenney, but we missed out on a possible outdoor cosplay photo shoot at High Park today. Sorry I couldn't make it Sarcasm-hime.

Lafiel
08-16-2003, 06:19 PM
*BLOOP*
Wrong thread

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Kenney: I say that we have another photo shoot at the convention! Then everyone can have a chance because I didn't make it Saturday the 16th.

Kisa
08-16-2003, 09:04 PM
We are having a photoshoot at the convention. It's been planned for a while now.

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Kenney:No, I mean an outdoor photo shoot. The cosplay.com staff did it at Balboa Park in San Diego and CNAnime congoers did it at High Park in Toronto, I think that we should have another one on one of the convention days as sort of a Rain Date after the blackout and the thunderstorm. I think that it'll be great.

Kisa
08-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes. We plan on going outside. It's all in the thread about the photoshoot. We're doing both.

But It's just dumb to expect people to PAY stupidly expensive prices for a con with nothing to do, and then not attend whatever event they're paying for. (ie. Troup off to some pretty place for photos--as much as I'd rather do that...)

Especially say, if you're stuck buying the delux or anime-pass.

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Kenney:I haven't even been to CNAnime, and already i'm having doubts. I saw some of the pics from some websites and.... well, maybe I should just see for myself. I really hope I get my money's worth... And I still think that after this economic situation we should get NEW and BETTER cons!! With exciting programs and fabulous prizes!!

Barks: Kenney, I know I've said this many times and you're probably sick of hearing it, but don't worry. There's no need to despair. Personally, it was a great experience (besides getting screwed from behind, you yaoi-crazy, maniacal fangirls), that you get to meet so many people and, well... There's Leonard Nemoy, who you've been looking forward to meeting. Besides that, just stay beside me and we'll come out on top with having all the top prizes. If not that, at least there's the satisfaction in seeing our fellow audience astonished by our... Surprise.
Ladies, may anounce that you have much to look forward to on sunday especially.

Kisa
08-17-2003, 02:13 AM
... I don't have the patience to deal with this Idiocy tonight. My god, I haven't felt Homicidal in a long time, but dammit, if only I could set fire to people with my mind...

xiola
08-17-2003, 02:26 AM
... i don't even know what you're talking about and you're annoying me.

and every month someone new comes in and tries to organize some stupid friggin "New And Improved Photoshoot" because obviously, the new people know better than the people who have been to the last 3 or 4 cons just how EASY it is to organize a photoshoot and how people will just show up on schedule and remember everything they're supposed to!

newsflash, these fancy west coast cosplay.com photoshoots work, because they are organized by the main people WITH the cameras. not the cosplayers. they're organized by the people who are actually planning to take the fancy photos of everyone and put them up on a big site, so people want to listen to them and get their picture taken.

the fact is, as much as we WANT to, we're not going to get that level of organization from us, the people who are going to just be handing someone else their camera.

anyway, i don't really knwo what the point of this is, but i'm annoyed. 9_9

SohjiroX
08-17-2003, 04:44 AM
i want in on this to but....I have no idea where any of this stuff is really. i'll get lost the minute I set foot outside my hotel or even in the con area....i hope I can make it to this.

East&WestGaijin
08-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Kenney: Yeah, that's true about the Cosplay.com people. I'ts thier JOB to be taking these photos of cosplayers, and they are given fancy digital cameras to do it with. They can get photoshoots organized because it's thier JOB to do so! Man, they have the coolest occupation in the world... But we should at least try to organize one on either Saturday or Sunday...

JustinCredible
08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Kenney: Yeah, that's true about the Cosplay.com people. I'ts thier JOB to be taking these photos of cosplayers, and they are given fancy digital cameras to do it with. They can get photoshoots organized because it's thier JOB to do so! Man, they have the coolest occupation in the world... But we should at least try to organize one on either Saturday or Sunday...

There is one set up on Saturday!

SohjiroX,
don't worry, I bet you won't get lost... the only thing you should look out for is if you are going to the movie on Friday night to make sure you know the route you plan to take to Bloor Cinema.

Kisa
08-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Don't waste your breath...typing...whatever JC. I've come to the conclusion it's pointless.

xiola
08-17-2003, 02:03 PM
PROBLEM - PLEASE READ:

... the photoshoot is at the same time as the MT (megatokyo) panel. therefore... people either scramble and change it, if any of us are planning on going, or i'm just probably not going.

i know alot of you probably don't care about this, but perhaps a better argument is this - alot of the non-costumer people who TAKE photos would more likely be arranging their schedule around events, and i would assume a large portion of the anime contingent would be at this panel, and therefore NOT taking pictures of cosplayers. which is kind of the point of the photoshoot...

and if i'm the only one who cares about this i don't think people should change just for my plans, but i think we should maybe try to change it because otherwise there will be NO cosplayers at all at fred's panel, which will suck, and you NEED extra people around to take photos if you want a good photoshoot, so it would suck to have it when not as many of them are around.

so i dunno if it makes sense to suggest 1pm? but it's a good compromise, for those ppl who were complaining that 2pm was too late, but it's still well after noon so it gives us commuters time to get ready...

but i dunno if anyone cares about this. i just think that since it's one of the main anime programming things that some of us may want to at least show our support so that fred doesn't start thinking that canadian cons suck, and we actually get people free to TAKE pictures, then it would be better if everyone wasn't gone during that time.

is anyone up for changing it to 1pm? >_<

*sigh* ._.

East&WestGaijin
08-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Kenney: Yeah, i'll go. Saturday, 1 PM? That's fine. I also encourage as many people to show up as possible, so when the pictures are posted on the internet, other's will see that there are lots of people at these Canadian conventions. Imagine what someone would think if they only saw, like, 5 people out of a potential 30 in a photo shoot at High Park!

xiola
08-17-2003, 04:31 PM
east&west...would you PLEASE go read the old thread about the CNA photoshoot so that you don't keep acting like this is a new thing? we've been planning to have one for over a month, and it's getting annoying how you continually seem to be under the impression that no one else here is making any plans -_-;;

lainey
08-17-2003, 04:36 PM
yeah!

and u guys were playing fun with me since i wanted to start planning some sort of time a month ago...
(too early) lol

Kisa
08-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Re: HighPark

NewsFlash. Some of us don't actually LIVE in Toronto.
Also, there were no subways/rail-cars because of that big thing called the Blackout, so of COURSE people who might have shown up, didn't.

lainey
08-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Uhh... the TTC will be fine by CNA

xiola
08-17-2003, 07:04 PM
she meant this weekend. you know, that non-convention-related cosplay photoshoot that other ppl on this board were organizing...

but yeah. blackout.

i'm so glad i'm not back in TO yet, my apartment is in one of the only two tiny areas of TO who were still without power by yesterday. -_-

heki-chan
08-17-2003, 09:06 PM
ive been reading the past 2 pages of this thread
and omfg.
im freaking confused.

east&west--quesiton, are there TWO of u guys using the *same* account? or do u like to type as two individuals? bcuz your posts are like really contradicting and confusing. and like Kisa n Xiola said, the HighPark Photoshoot and the CNAX photoshoot are two different things--organized by different people.

Also, just thought i'd clarify...the staff of cosplay.com arent actually EMPLOYED (ie, paid..?) by this website. Therefore, it isnt their JOB to "take fancy photos of cosplayers and stick em on the big site". They also arent /given/ fancy cameras to do that with. Admin bought that camera. but anyways....just thought id mention that b4 ppl were misled.

In anycase...we should change the time to accomadate the big arse events. but im really confused right now and dont even know what this thread is about anymore O_O

*deep breath*

East&WestGaijin
08-17-2003, 09:33 PM
ive been reading the past 2 pages of this thread
and omfg.
im freaking confused.

east&west--quesiton, are there TWO of u guys using the *same* account? or do u like to type as two individuals? bcuz your posts are like really contradicting and confusing. and like Kisa n Xiola said, the HighPark Photoshoot and the CNAX photoshoot are two different things--organized by different people.

Also, just thought i'd clarify...the staff of cosplay.com arent actually EMPLOYED (ie, paid..?) by this website. Therefore, it isnt their JOB to "take fancy photos of cosplayers and stick em on the big site". They also arent /given/ fancy cameras to do that with. Admin bought that camera. but anyways....just thought id mention that b4 ppl were misled.

In anycase...we should change the time to accomadate the big arse events. but im really confused right now and dont even know what this thread is about anymore O_O

*deep breath*

Kenney:A very valid question, which is easy to answer.

We are actually two cosplayers. We are both Canadians (and proud of it), but we are of two different ethnic backgrounds, Eastern and Western. I, Kenney of the West, am of Irish Descent, and Barks of the East is of Korean Descent.In our avatar, I'm the one on the bottom and Barks is the one on the bottom. We both post messages from our own computers, and often share the same post. We label what we say with our names before the message. I hoped this has cleared up any confusion. And on a different note, I have been searching for old posts for the photo shoot scheduele, but there are so many others that contradict other posts, and I am merely suffering from confusion. I'm not ignorant, just confused. And regardless of the fact that some people don't live in Toronto, wer'e all going to be at a con in it in a few days, right?

SohjiroX
08-18-2003, 03:35 AM
wow, never think to see such people. Sort of jealous I dont have friend like that. hope I can get to say to you guys there.

Chosuke
08-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Well this is interesting.
Interesting as in 'what the hell, I'm sort of confused.'

Xiola: 1:00pm? Well, even though alot of us would rather wake up later and have it 2:00pm.. if theres not going to be anyone there.. I'll pull for 1.

Mage
08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Kenney and Barks....just check the latest posts in the thread and they should be very straightforward.

xiola
08-18-2003, 06:06 PM
chobrat: i'm 100% one of those people who doesn't want to wake up early... but given the event schedule i don't think there's much choice. so sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 seems like the only choice...

i'm all for individual photoshoots on people's own time though, so i'm not terribly worried...

[random: yaay my summer job is over yay yay yay! *finally free o___o*;; *head bursts* ...not that i wasn't working with nice people. just... full-time jobs are not good for my disposition ^^;;]