PDA

View Full Version : KH Halloween Town Cosplay

Nekomeishi
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I need some help forming an idea and getting materials for my Riku design.
Though it sounds sissy, I wanted to base my idea off a black cat. Y'know like "Don't let the black cat cross your path"
I know a lot of cosplayers have done awesome vampire, devil, etc., inspired costumes, but I wanted to try something original. (I made my mask already - which will go on the side of my face like Sora's does.)
And I am not running around in spandex, just in case you winced at 'cat'. XD I do need some more inspiration for the outfit itself, because all I think about when I think of Nightmare Before Christmas is pinstripes and patchwork.

I also wanted to know about good kinds of facepaint that won't kill my wig and my skin. Instead of wearing a blindfold, I'm painting that part of my face black and wearing green contacts.

Any help or anyone else plan on doing HT cosplay?

Kishaz
10-13-2008, 04:04 AM
I would suggest using some sort of fur, like a vest and armwarmers made of it or something, but fur is a difficult material to work with. Hm, that's difficult. Draw it out a couple of times so you can get a better image of what you're doing.

I'm doing a Halloween Town Roxas this year :3 I IS BEING GHOST LOL And my skin will be blue. And there will be chains. And it will be epic. >8D

Zexion.6
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm doing Halloween Town Zexion.
He's gonna be a Demon :3

Um you may be able to wash your wig.
If you can wash it, then i think it'd be okay if you got alittle bit of paint on it.

Nekomeishi
10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I would suggest using some sort of fur, like a vest and armwarmers made of it or something, but fur is a difficult material to work with. Hm, that's difficult. Draw it out a couple of times so you can get a better image of what you're doing.

I'm doing a Halloween Town Roxas this year :3 I IS BEING GHOST LOL And my skin will be blue. And there will be chains. And it will be epic. >8D

I like the fur idea! I think I'm just going to make the default vest, but out of black fake fur to make it cat-like.

Ghost Roxas? That sounds so freakin' epic. :]

I Speak Muffin
11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Lol... I'm working on a Halloween town Namine. Not many people have cosplayed her like that, but almost all have either done a ghost or a witch.

I'm doing both! I'm making a sorta dress where is kinda looks like her original one, but it has stitches and stuff (and really long sleeves). I'm also adding a paopu fruit on the the tip of the hat. Good luck with yours! Can't wait to see it.

RedeadDie
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm currently re-doing my Halloween Town Vexen to look less like just a plain mad scientist and look more like a mad scientist from Halloween Town. (Which means, patches, pinstripes, etc.)

My advice to you is try to keep some of the basic looks of Halloween Town in the cosplay. Because I left out almost all Halloween Town basics for my Vexen and not much people thought I was HT Vexen.