PDA

View Full Version : So, who's going to Katsucon 10?

Lyn
07-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Don't know if anyone has noticed but Katsucon has updated its site with the date for next year's con. So, in attempt to revive this forum...who's going? And does anyone have any cosplay plans for this con yet?

I'm definently going and have even decided on all the cosplay I'm doing for the con too....kinda sad that I've already figured it all out but then again I have no life. ^^;;

cordless runner
07-15-2003, 11:58 AM
LOL I am definently going to Katsucon 10 and I too have already decided on what I am cosplaying as...well sorta.
I know I am going as Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha and Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh but I don't know if thats all or not....oh well, plenty of time to decided.

Nene
07-15-2003, 12:55 PM
I'm defently going! Last year was my first Katsu experience, and personally, I like Katsu better than Otakon -^ ^;; Plus, I don't know if I'll be able to go to the Otakon '04, (may be in Japan...) so Katsu may be the only con I'll be able ta go to next year..-;_;-

I dunno who to go as yet... My friends really wanted to Suikoden 3 last year, but it didn't go so well... (I wanted ta be Hugo -^ ^- ) And next year I may not have the hair... But of course, I have a looooong time to choose who.

Lyn
07-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Good to see I'm not the only person who's already made plans for it. lol I'm doing a bunch of neglected cosplay for Katsu actually. I'm planning on doing Cain from Count Cain, Kaine from Kaine, and Noin from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, all cosplays that I don't know if anyone will recognize. ^^;; Then I'm also doing Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary. Though most of the cosplay I'm doing is going to be going along with some groups my friends and I are working at. We've got a Count Cain group and a random Kaori Yuki character group going and I'm going to see about maybe a KKJ group if I can get enough people interested.

Nene - I used to think that way. That I liked Katsu more because it just had more of a close feeling with people but I can't say that anymore because last Katsucon I felt I had lost that feeling to it. And now I'm starting to like Otakon more. But who knows, maybe next year will change that as I have more people I know going this time.

rainbowflavored
07-16-2003, 12:43 AM
i'm going to katsucon ^_^ it will be my first katsucon. i'm planning to go as black mage rikku for it.

Zelly
07-16-2003, 06:08 AM
Meeee~ :D I already have my costumes planned, both of them from T.M.Revolution XD; (Wild Rush and Kagerou -KAGEROH-)

I've always liked Katsucon more than Otakon since Otakon was always more filled with stress and drama for me (with the exception of Katsu 7)...but last year apart from the awesome Duel Jewel concert I was mostly bored/sick. x_x

caelestis
07-16-2003, 07:59 AM
I'm thinking of going to Katsu ^^ But it all boils down to if I can *afford* to go by then or not.. (let's hope I can)

edit: Yup I'll be there if I can find people who will room with me.. because as it is I may be flying there (dunno how long the drive is from Houston to there, and I really dunno if I want to put that kind of mileage on my car) and so rooming with a few people to save on hotel costs would be easier on me ^^ (shameless promotion: I'm quiet, I don't bother people, and I sleep in the hotel chairs because the beds usually suck *stupid grin*)

Rinkun
07-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Katsu impressed me this year that i went, so i go again! :D

i already planned my outfits as well

Miyuko - NieA_7
Philia Philice - Tales of Destiny 2 (it's a perty priestess robe and cape with ivy and gold all over :3)

Oshi
07-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Definately. It's one of my few 2004 cons ^^;

Ranma Saotome
07-17-2003, 12:40 AM
I am K10 bound. ^_^

Studmaster
07-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Katsucon 10: The beginning of the 2004 World Tour.

White Ninja
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
oh...you better believe the white ninja will be there....

dizzylizzy
07-17-2003, 04:10 PM
awe shit.... the liz and her posse' will be there. ^^ but i'm telling ya, if there's any threat of snow, i'm leaving.

ChichiriFreak
07-17-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm Going!!... I don't Know Who I'll Be at that one, Either A new Costume, Atashi or Maybe if i get lazy just bring out P-chan again. ^^;;

MonoyashaJLA
07-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm definately going!!! Last year Katsu was my first Con experience and I plan to do the same for 2004 snow or no snow I will make there and back...I was one of the few that drove through the snow home on sunday. I will bring my Inuyasha costume from the last Katsu and new Kilala, KH Cloud, and hopefully REDXIII will be finished by then. I hope to join all my fellow friend cosplayer I have meet thourgh the year again at this con o^-^o

Sami
07-18-2003, 07:12 PM
I suppose that I will probably be coerced to go as well. ^_-

(It won't take much forcing..!)

caelestis
07-18-2003, 07:15 PM
I actually really want to go, despite what I heard about last year's snow horror. I like snow (of course, having been in Texas for a while, I've forgotten what snow is like.. *sighs*).

Lyn
07-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by caelestis
I actually really want to go, despite what I heard about last year's snow horror. I like snow (of course, having been in Texas for a while, I've forgotten what snow is like.. *sighs*).

Oh pffft. It wasn't really a horror. Well...okay, for some people it was since they got flights canceled and couldn't afford another night there but overall it actually made the con more enjoyable for some people. ^^;

And it was a bit exciting in my opinion to be stuck at a con because of snow. I just recomend that if people are afraid it'll happen again (which I doubt, we don't get snow storms like that very often, only about one every few years and usually they're in January or something plus this was forecasted before the con happened so I knew that there was a high possibility of it happening.) they should just make sure to bring extra cash for rooming. Kinda like emergency money or something.

Lady_Sephiroth
07-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I am already regged, reserved, and planning a skit! Katsucon will always have a special place for me since Katsu 7 was my first con. I can't wait!

neoangelwink
07-19-2003, 12:53 AM
i dont know.

Nene
07-19-2003, 01:32 AM
I can't wait until it now... of course, I have Otakon to look forward too, but still~...

Oh! Caelestis, you could probably room with me, if you want! Only if y'dun mind the fact that it's probably already gonna be pretty crowded. But you know, the more, the merrier!

Kellie
07-19-2003, 01:47 AM
I'll be there! ^_^ I already made hotel reservations.

caelestis
07-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Nene
I can't wait until it now... of course, I have Otakon to look forward too, but still~...

Oh! Caelestis, you could probably room with me, if you want! Only if y'dun mind the fact that it's probably already gonna be pretty crowded. But you know, the more, the merrier!

Hehe crowded can be fun-- at Akon 13 we managed to get 10 people into one hotel room (*that* was fun ^^)

But yeah.. I'll know around like August if I'm gunna need to bunk with people... if the offer still stands around then I'll ask again ^^ But seeing as I have plane tickets to save up for, I'll prolly need to room with people.

Tora
07-19-2003, 02:06 AM
I'll be going too!

This past Katsu was my first (after only attending Otakons) and I LOVED it! The atmosphere of having the con in the same hotel was awesome. Makes it alot easier to meet ppl and also much easier to change costumes! ^_^*

Costume-wise I'll most likely be Inuyasha, and Marik from Yu Gi Oh at Katsu 10, maybe one more that I'll pick in the next 7 months. >_>

caelestis
07-19-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm wondering if anyone's going to try to get together a huge FFVIII or FF group in general for pics.. 'cause I'll probably have my Seifer done in time for it ^^ But I know I'll definitely be doing masq. this year.. walk on, unless a group forms and I get sucked into it hehe.

manderina
07-19-2003, 11:29 PM
I'll be there again most likely, but I have no idea who I'll be cosplaying as. I might do the angel version of Misha this time around, if I can learn how to sew better.

I'm lucky my college sees anime conventions as an educational event, and excuses them from my record. ;D Kat-sno-con was a big problem for us because we got stuck on the road; wouldn't have been too bad if we stayed at the hotel. We were pushing cars in our costumes and light clothing. x_x this year I'm planning ahead for such emergencies and staying put! ^_~

lunasreincarnat
07-20-2003, 03:44 PM
im going and im bring my lil bishie bro again.... hes gonna be gackt and squall... and i know im doing 2 original oufits and like maybe 1 or 2 really good anime ones.... skuld or a clow card... i might choose one or do both...

Nene
07-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Hmm..I'm really thinking about doing Hugo now for Katsu. Just I maybe be a pretty..er..PALE Hugo..-^ ^;; Actually, 'm really thinking about doing Zidane..or maybe Sora...-o_o- hmm.. ::really loves cross dressing as those hyper main character boys, as you can easily see:: Maybe Zell! =D Er...well, like I said before, have a while to think it over...

caelestis
07-21-2003, 03:04 AM
Ehehe do Zell (Zell rocks imo ^^ )

LadyXenie
07-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Yep I'm going! I'm not sure who's going with me yet..but I now I'm going. I had so much fun at last years. I haven't quite decided who I'm gonna be yet. But yes planning for Katsucon is in action right now as I prepare for Otakon..That's kinda sad huh? ^_^;;

Nene
07-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Yea, I like Zell too (all my friends hate him cause he's so hyper... of course, I'm probably more hyper, so I wonder how they deal with me..-Oo;; ) Problem is I don't really look the part... Unless you want a Zell with a really feminine face and chubby cheeks! =D Oooo..I could be chibi Zell! OH YAH! XD ::punches fist into air::

sailor-moon
07-23-2003, 01:52 AM
MEEEEEEEE :jumps up and down:

Katsu 2001 was my first con ever,,and i cosplayed as a character i love :sailor moon

and since then on,,i have always gone as the same character :p this will be my 4th katsu^.^ so its kinda special to me, i dont think id ever miss Katsu :p

caelestis
07-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Nene
Yea, I like Zell too (all my friends hate him cause he's so hyper... of course, I'm probably more hyper, so I wonder how they deal with me..-Oo;; ) Problem is I don't really look the part... Unless you want a Zell with a really feminine face and chubby cheeks! =D Oooo..I could be chibi Zell! OH YAH! XD ::punches fist into air::

Hehe doesn't stop me from going as Seifer ^^ (hey, Seifer with boobs, who knew? XD).

Nene
07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh gods, you know what we could do? Get the whole FF8 cast... as girls! Well, the guys are girls, least... oh! i know! Character sex change, ooo, so the guys would be girls and the guys will be guys...yea..-u u-

caelestis
07-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Lol.. although seeing a crossplaying Quistis would scare me ^^

But I want to get a FF/FF8 group together-- it would be fun. Besides, as it is I'm going by myself (only person who could do decided they didn't want to grr) so finding people I can hang out with for the duration of Katsu would be fun (I'm set on going still lol).

Nene
07-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Of course! You could always hang out with me and my wild gang, if you want to hang out with some really crazy people, of course..-x_x;;

caelestis
07-25-2003, 02:37 AM
Lol-- I'm used to crazy at this point. If you've been friends with the people I know since I moved here (7 years... I can't remember ><) crazy no long phases you hehe.

But if we get a FFVIII group together, I call dibs on Seifer ^^ (working on Quistis' SeeD uni too.. so should my Seifer screw up, hey.. backup plan ^^).

Nene
07-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I already have a Selphie that I brought to the Otakon last year, she looks EXACTLY like Selphie, too! -^ ^- I guess I'd do Zell, but we could probably find someone better to do him... I dunno who else I could be from FFVIII, though..any ideas?

In addition to FFVIII, I want to start a FFIX group reaaally badly! -><;; For I can be Zidane! ::sumairu sumairu:: =D

Aer
07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
I might be going. It's only like an hour from my house so will we see how that goes. I have no clue who I will be cosplaying there if I do go.

Romann
07-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I'll be there ^^ Hopefully, no blizzard this time...

Mephistopheles
07-30-2003, 11:37 PM
I'll more than likely be there, though I've yet to get a confirmation from my ride. I kind of liked the blizzard. It gave the con a very distinct atmosphere and personality. Driving home in it was fun too.

Lyn
07-31-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Mephistopheles
Driving home in it was fun too.

o_o! First time I've ever heard that. lol ^^;

Rinkun
07-31-2003, 11:02 AM
XD thanks to my dad waking me up, i was able to get the last train from DC to philly, lol! so i actually got home sunday before they closed the roads ::does happy dance::

i got 2 of my friends to go with me too! wai!

Mephistopheles
07-31-2003, 11:40 AM
Lyn: It was mainly because my ride feared no weather, plus he had UBER 4 wheel drive SUV massiveness. The only danger we were in was this tiny 'hoopty' with the muffler dragging in the snow swerving in and out of traffic at about 60mph in the blizzard. We slowed down, let the psycho pass us, and presumed the fun drive home in the snow. It was a good time all-in-all.

Romann
08-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mephistopheles
Driving home in it was fun too.

O.o Somethings wrong with you.... j/k lol

Try driving in the snow in a civic that's like 4 inches off the ground... let's see how much fun you have with that.

Mephistopheles
08-01-2003, 12:11 AM
True enough. Luck was in my favor that time. There are times though that I think that it would have fun to be stuck there for a couple of extra days.

I would have had a great excuse not to come home and be snowed in, I would have enjoyed the extended convention, and the sense of chaos and adventure is sure to have had me full of energy. I would have had a great time had I been stuck there.

Perhaps it will blizzard again this year and I'll stay those extra days. I can only hope. XD

caelestis
08-01-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Noir Lumine
O.o Somethings wrong with you.... j/k lol

Try driving in the snow in a civic that's like 4 inches off the ground... let's see how much fun you have with that.

I went mudding (on accident) in a Jetta that was dropped 2" from stock height, so I know where you're coming from XD

I actually hoping there's a little snow-- I haven't seen it since I moved to Texas >< But too much snow (like I take a step out of the hotel and I'm up to my nose in it) is bad...

Sheerluck
08-03-2003, 10:46 AM
WAHAHA! My family and friends are paying for me to go there, since February 15th is my birthday. I'll probably have some maniac sign and what-not, so you'll know who I am...

Nekomata
08-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm planning on going.. unless sometime comes up and ruins my plans u_u;

For Katsucon I plan on going as Miyabi. That's all I have planned for now x_x;

kijo
08-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Me and my friends might go again this year. But we're broke now so we have to see if we can get money in time to book the hotel before there's no more room...then we also have to pray it doesn't snow, my civic won't make it back to NJ. ^^;; But if all goes as planned, we should attend! ^^

Sala
08-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Yep. Since my friend screwed me over and I can't go to Otakon, I'll def. be at Katsucon (and it helps that this year i'll have my own car - last year was disasterous!)
I'll be wearing the costumes that I should have worn to Otakon:
Red Chess Queen - Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Shirahime - Angelic Layer
Suzuka - Angelic Layer
Full Moon - Full Moon wo Sagashite

PsychoShinji
08-06-2003, 08:04 AM
I'm going to Katsucon 10! It's on my mom's birthday (the 14th), so both my parents might actually come along. It'll be my mom's first anime con ever...maybe she'll get hooked. ^^!

I'm probably going as my less-publicized costumes and some new ones; Pazu, Naota, etc.

LadyXenie
08-06-2003, 12:09 PM
PsychoShinji- Hiya! We saw you at Katsu earlier this year..Your Shinji costume was amazing. We got your picture my friends are still in awe to how well it was done. Okay..I'm done gushing. :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see soo many people are going to katsu next year. The blizzard kinda worried me last time but I can't wait to hopefully meet a lot of you. :)

Nekomata
08-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AnimeRei3
Yep. Since my friend screwed me over and I can't go to Otakon, I'll def. be at Katsucon (and it helps that this year i'll have my own car - last year was disasterous!)
I'll be wearing the costumes that I should have worn to Otakon:
Red Chess Queen - Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Shirahime - Angelic Layer
Suzuka - Angelic Layer
Full Moon - Full Moon wo Sagashite

Same thing happened to me -____- My friends basically ruined my plans on going to Otakon x_x;;

Yay Angelic Layer xD I was thinkin of doing Buranshe for Katsucon xDD But that's if I get the money for it e_e

Akutenshi
08-10-2003, 11:13 PM
I have plans to go and despite my costumes section, i won't be doing faris...she's gonna have to be put on hold.

i have plans for lei lei/hsien-ko from darkstalkers (with moving claws included)

and maybe a chobits cosplay....dunno yet, having conflicts with bitchy friend.

Xx Lulu xX
08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
^_^ Im definatly going--Ish gonna be my first Katsu experience--! :D hope to see lots of people--

As for costumes, I plan on doing Wedding Yuna, and Eternal Sailor Moon!

Saiban
08-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Booyah. I am. You like that don't you? Yeah you do.

caelestis
08-15-2003, 05:06 PM
^_^ Im definatly going--Ish gonna be my first Katsu experience--! :D hope to see lots of people--

As for costumes, I plan on doing Wedding Yuna, and Eternal Sailor Moon!

My first Katsu too-- decided going to just TX cons wasn't enough hehe ^^

Saiban
08-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Katsu is gonna be nuts this year, thats for damn sure. T.M Revolution was at Otakon...I got a shirt of his, and had him sign it. Katsu is gonna have some way good english subs of G-SEED, and Naruto.
Can't wait.

Mephistopheles
08-15-2003, 10:29 PM
It'll be something I'm looking forward too after this year's Otakon. I've been to 2 Katsucons and now 3 Otakons, and I can admit that I like the 'at-home' atmosphere of Katsucon more than the corporate machine atmosphere of Otakon. I always seem to relax more at Katsucon. I simply can't wait.

StormTroop#12
08-15-2003, 11:08 PM
I think I'll be going this time around, Just skip school that fridayday no problem.

Auron
08-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Ya iam goting to try hard to make it^^(need money><)

Raine
08-16-2003, 04:57 PM
There's an 80% chance of me going Saturday and Sunday. w00t!

I heard mention of a KKJ group by someone? It's so hard to find KKJ fans! I could probably make a Jeanne or Maron costume by then.. :D

And did I also get wind of an FF8 crossplay group? I have one of my own planned for MegaCon, down here in FL. I could probably be the female Laguna >=D

KulaDiamond
08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Been going to Katsu since K7 so I will definetly be there for K10 as Kula...and hopefully as Zhen Ji ^^;;.

Anyone know if they'll let the marriot have the katsu rate again this year because I think that hotel was cheaper than stayin' in the Hyatt.

Lyn
08-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Raine - Yup, I did. ^^ http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19035 I posted a thread just today to see if I could get any people interested in KKJ cosplay. That would be really cool if you could do something 'cause otherwise I might be the lone Noin. x_x;

caelestis
08-17-2003, 03:38 AM
And did I also get wind of an FF8 crossplay group? I have one of my own planned for MegaCon, down here in FL. I could probably be the female Laguna >=D

If I can fix up a bunch of oopsies I made to the Seifer jacket I'm doing, definitely a FFVIII crossplay group ^^ If not, at least a FF/or FFVIII group..

katchoo
08-17-2003, 08:35 PM
i am planning on going. I'm only about 60% sure right now though. Stud/ranma/oshi are you guys getting a room?

Lady Ava
08-17-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm planning on going too. 85% sure that I'm going so far. Its all about the timing w/ school. But, I'm most definatly gonna try...after all...Saturday IS Valentine's Day...and I'm gonna spend it with my boy this year ^_~

Aer
08-17-2003, 09:11 PM
I might be going...

If I do, I'll definitely be female Vash heh ^^;
I might also have my Moro costume done by then...

Carmila
08-18-2003, 08:52 AM
I may be going, it all depends. It would be nice, but right now I am only 50% sure.

ryuichi fangirl
08-18-2003, 09:03 PM
LadyXara an I are planning to be there...lol..Dir en grey~Filth cosplay..and ...I don't know what else I'll bring or possibly have time to make yet..XD..well see

ryuichi fangirl
08-18-2003, 09:04 PM
LadyXara an I are planning to be there...lol..Dir en grey~Filth cosplay..and ...I don't know what else I'll bring or possibly have time to make yet..XD..well see...

dressdragn
08-20-2003, 11:02 PM
I'll be there as Sol (and some one else I don't know who yet) In addion to the ff cross play group there'll be an all female guilty gear group some of whom will be cross playing (myself included)

~Anna

Nene
08-21-2003, 02:25 AM
Yup, for the FF 8 crossplay group, 'm defently gonna go as Zell! Already planned it for the AnimeUSA, as well! XD A female Squall will prolly be no problem to find, but now we just need some males willing enough to crossplay with us XD

SynVanSiWes
08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Yay, I'm glad to hear people think Katsu is a good con. I'll be going for the first time this year. I wanted a winter con to go to. But Anime Boston was sooo crowded last year, and they said that they don't have a new place yet so I started looking around. And I have a good friend in Arlington that I wanted to go see anyway.

I'll probably wear one of my old costumes, Sheik maybe. For the main day of the con I'll be a Bowserette. Like a rockette, or a femme bowser. Something like that. I like costumes that are interpretations of characters, so I thought I'd do one.

kuro_nezumi
08-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm going if I keep my grades up!

DigitalCactus
08-23-2003, 07:56 PM
*crashlands through the skylight*

Sup fools? HAHA XD You can count on me to be there! Sign me up!

Bethii-chan
08-23-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm going to go too! Altho it depends if i have enough money. >_<;;;

KulaDiamond
08-24-2003, 02:48 AM
*crashlands through the skylight*

Sup fools? HAHA XD You can count on me to be there! Sign me up!

Alrighty then! You'll be guarenteed a hug at the con if I spot ya just like at Ota! You hafta go!

DigitalCactus
08-24-2003, 10:39 AM
ooh you naughty girl! dont tempt me like that! XD

ChichiriFreak
08-24-2003, 12:51 PM
kuro_nezumi- COME!!!!! ^__^ then maybe this time we can SPot each other!!! ^_^

KulaDiamond
08-24-2003, 09:30 PM
DigitalCactus: Hey I'm not a bad girl...^_^. I got a halo see? But you hafta come to Katsu!

ChichiriFreak: You be there too and I challenge you to a duel as Zhen Ji ^^;;;.

ChichiriFreak
08-25-2003, 01:25 AM
Kuladiamond: Lolz ^_^ I accept your Challenge! ^^;;

kuro_nezumi
08-25-2003, 09:40 AM
ChichiriFreak- We should just plan to meet each other somewhere exactly XD Or I'll never meet you

ChichiriFreak
08-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Kuro_Nezumi-Lolz, yeah...we shoulda did that at the beginning.^_^;; well Hope ya be there!!

kuro_nezumi
08-25-2003, 08:18 PM
ChichiriFreak- XD Yea we should have. And Otakon's to big to actually find poeple at anyway. But I probably won't cosplay.

Shastar
08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
WEll, I'm staff (god I staff a lot of cons^_^;; ) so I'd better be going. I'm planning on having a few costumes ready for it was well^_^

Dan

Fantasy Chick
08-27-2003, 12:31 AM
I might be going to K10, I havent been to katsucon yet. I know i want to go, its just my friends dont know if they want to go or not....But if i go i am just gunna go as Rinoa...like i did at otakon this year. I might make another costume i havent decided yet

DieProtoss
08-27-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm going to Katsucon ^_^ I'm going to be one of the few Asians lol

Neko Cathy
08-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Only for two days. I haven't decided what costumes to wear so far. I'm hoping on going as that chick from E's Otherwise.

StormTroop#12
09-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Only for two days. I haven't decided what costumes to wear so far. I'm hoping on going as that chick from E's Otherwise.

You can pay to go only 2 days?

lunasreincarnat
09-01-2003, 12:43 PM
im going to katsucon... and im probably dragging my little brother in there too...

LadyXenie
09-01-2003, 12:48 PM
It's official that I'm going. I made my reservations yesterday! ^_^;; I'm just not sure who's going with me yet

Sorahana
09-02-2003, 02:13 PM
I may be going. Not sure yet lol XD.
My mom said maybe. So I'm pretty sure I'm going lol XD. I'll probably go as Miroku lol XD

Schala
09-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I hope to go as long as I don't have any glaring schedule conflicts. ^_^;

Sorahana
09-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Alsi I'm getting a job for 8 weeks near Christams so I'll be able to afford the con if I save up my money!!

DigitalCactus
09-04-2003, 02:09 AM
Havent made our reservations yet but it should be anyday now... Ive started saving....

Sorahana
09-04-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm back!!!!! Muhahahahaha! Anyway my mom said yes!! She said we'd settle arrangements soon XD. I told her she needs to reserve the room ASAP but we'll get the con pass near December XD. I'm so excited! I just have to keep my grades up lol XD.

Carmila
09-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Ok, well I have made up my mind, and since I am already making cosplay plans, I guess I am going. Now all I have to do is get the time off work, and I should be good to go! Well, that and figure out how I am getting there.

dressdragn
09-04-2003, 12:30 PM
We should plan a meet up, what about on friday, that way we don't hit cosplay rehersal or cosplay?

~Anna

Sorahana
09-04-2003, 01:13 PM
That would be a good idea. I have to see if I have off Friday or not. If I don't I can't come until Saturday.......grr........or maybe I can persuade my mom into taking off from school for one day :rofl:

lunasreincarnat
09-04-2003, 02:35 PM
gah i gotta makes reservations... ill make them tonight maybe...

Neko Cathy
09-04-2003, 11:40 PM
You can pay to go only 2 days?

I dunno... I really wasn't impressed w/ the staff over there and there wasn't much events going on either... I dunno if they do that or not but... I'm not staying for 3 days.

I need to make reservations too or crash at someone's room and pay the expense for that.

Here's another scary thought to pass out: according to the Farmer's Almanac (which has been very accurate w/ our winter weather pattern), there's a good prediction that there's going to be another blizzard as big as the one that hit Katsucon 9. Hopefully we won't get nailed w/ it next year. :untrust:

dizzylizzy
09-05-2003, 01:28 AM
i swear to god, if i hear it's going to snow that weekend... i'm sooooo not going. i learned my lesson. but then, more than 70% of the weekend was spent with someone who annoyed me... and then she left DURING the main part of the snow.... i found my friend jen (ainslye) and stayed with her, THAT was the best part of kastu. ^^

so.. hmmm... maaaaybe i will go even if there's a threat. i AM rooming with erh and all. ::grins::

ends meaningless post

KulaDiamond
09-05-2003, 01:34 AM
Here's another scary thought to pass out: according to the Farmer's Almanac (which has been very accurate w/ our winter weather pattern), there's a good prediction that there's going to be another blizzard as big as the one that hit Katsucon 9. Hopefully we won't get nailed w/ it next year. :untrust:

-_-...Hoo boy. I wanted to still go all three days but my plan was to bring spare money so if there's a bad blizzard I will stay an extra night at the Hyatt (I don't want to go through a repeat of getting on the metro and waiting every hour for a train to get through to get me back to the Shady Grove station @_@;;. I was lucky that I didn't have to ride the bus back home from there and had a ride...).

Daala
09-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Okay, it's official.... I just booked the hotel so I guess we're going! You may start harassing Digital Cactus now...LOL!

kerochan
09-05-2003, 08:43 AM
Oh really Daala? I'll tell DC when he gets out of class in about 30 mins! Yeah I guess then that means that I'm going to Katsucon10 as well!LOL

Sorahana
09-05-2003, 11:59 AM
That would rock if there's a blizzard!!!! I have off that Monday so if we got snowed in I wouldn't miss school :rofl:. I don't know if I can go Friday. I have school Friday......:growls:

Lilli
09-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Holy Jeebus this is a long thread.

I'm goin. Figured out my costumes already, but not gonna say what they are.

Mysterious?

Nope, I just wanna make sure they actually get FINISHED before I talk about them. Ah, the bane of 'responsibility.' (read: Retarded job that randomly decides to go from being dead, to working me 13 hours a day, at any given time. Usually at the worst possible times, when I should be sewing for upcoming cons. Ah well.)

._. I hate snow. I really hate snow. I tried to warn people. Tried to fore-warn the West Coasters of the 'White Death' last year, and they 'pooh-pooh'ed me. 'Snow is so pretty!' they said. And then it began to snow. And then you couldn't see the cars anymore. And then there was the Trail of Tears. And it was bad.

And I'm rambling. I'll be at Katsu ._. *goes back to work like a good little slave*

Sorahana
09-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Look in my siggy for my costumes......:rofl:
Hope they get done lol XD.
I need the Inuyasha one for Halloween. I told my mom we need to start working on it and she just glares at me......lol XD.

Schala
09-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Gah. Please please no snow this year. *prays for a light winter* What do you think the chances are of being hit with a storm two years in a row?

lunasreincarnat
09-05-2003, 02:06 PM
gah i really gotta make reservations QUICK :(

Recca-kun
09-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Having snow of remotely equivalent absurdity is highly unlikely in rational thought, but this is the DC metro area so it's possible.

I agree with Lilli. After Katsucon I never wanted to see snow again. And then it snowed on and off for two more months. And now it's been raining for most of the rest of the year. It needs to freaking stay sunny outside. -_-;

I'll be at Katsucon; not sure what I'll wear yet but I'll be there.

Sorahana
09-05-2003, 04:17 PM
I told my mom we need to make reservations soon too......but she won't yet --;. I told her they'll run out of rooms quick. Shrobably going to wait until the last minute and they're be no rooms left.......but she wants to make sure we're going first...that's understandable.

KulaDiamond
09-06-2003, 01:08 AM
I need to get my reservations done with as well. Unless the Marriot will also have a katsucon rate like last year I intend to stay at the Hyatt. And it wasn't a bother either since it was literally next to the hyatt.

DigitalCactus
09-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Yay! its officially official!! XD Im so lame lol

Sorahana
09-06-2003, 11:51 AM
My mom needs to talk it over with my aunt. If I go I'm gonna go Saturday and Sunday. We'll leave Monday since I have off from school lol XD. They should have the con on Monday too since its President's day and people are off :rofl:

Rinkun
09-06-2003, 12:40 PM
i'm just waiting for the hotel next door, hehe. last year we got "lover's rates" at $62 a night :D

Sorahana
09-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Cool. I'm going with my mom,aunt,uncle,2 cousins, and my grandparents probably --;. They'll all probably go sightseeing in DC while I do the con lol XD. Besides when I went to BAAF I liked being in the same hotel as the con lol XD. My dad doesn't do cons and stuff like that lol XD. He stays home and takes care of the dog and my fish.....(if the fish lives that long lol I just got the fish today XD;).

Rinkun
09-06-2003, 08:57 PM
XD that's what my mom did. at Neko-con R in '99, my mom complained that there was nothing to do in VA Beach, so at Otakon 2000, she went around Baltimore with my brother while me and my friends were at the con. she never went to a con with me afterwards

"you're old enough, have fun, get outta my face for the weekend!....just don't forget to take a picture of a dude in high heels and stolkings!" XD

Sorahana
09-07-2003, 08:35 AM
The only reason I'd take my mom with me around in the con is for money to buy things lol XD. But I'm gonna apply for an 8 week,2 days a week job around Christmas. I'll save all my money from it to use at Katsu lol XD.

ChichiriFreak
09-07-2003, 10:32 AM
lolz, I never take my Mom to conventions, cause she hates them,(even though she helps me with my costumes ^^; ) So my dad always takes my friend and I, and he gives me money...well the money i earned, but he holds onto it for me, cuz if i have i'll like spend it..^_^;;
But he doesn't mind taking me to these cons...aslong as i have is what matters..as what he says. ^^;;

kuro_nezumi
09-07-2003, 11:47 AM
I take my mom along she just sits around reading a book ^-^;;

ChichiriFreak
09-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Lolz...My dad just walks around. ^_^..I better find you!!

kuro_nezumi
09-07-2003, 12:10 PM
>>Lolz...My dad just walks around. ^_^..I better find you!!

You will you will... Sheesh! XD Maybe the parents could hang out or something...

ChichiriFreak
09-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Haha, that be lil funny...i duno why..but ok. ^_^;;;

Sorahana
09-07-2003, 01:04 PM
I have to track down that "Miroku" from BAAF while I'm at Katsu cause he said he's going lol XD.
Must hang out with him and my other bAAF people and some cosplay.com people lol XD;.

khamryn
09-07-2003, 02:36 PM
I may go.. >.> Maybe.

kuro_nezumi
09-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Chichirifreak- XD I guess it's a little funny but I always feel bad about my just sitting there doing nothing...

ChichiriFreak
09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Lolz Kuro Nezumi-yeah i do too, but My dad always had sumthing to do...he likes to walk around so yeah.^^;;

kuro_nezumi
09-07-2003, 08:07 PM
ChichiriFreak- XD at you! NOW I HARASS YOU OVER AIM!!!!

Sorahana
09-08-2003, 09:21 AM
No harassing please!! Lol XD; I need to make some friends here lol XD. :waves to all: Muhahahahahaha! I'm a living replic of Ryuichi from Gravitation!!!!!!! I'm just kidding lol XD.

ChichiriFreak
09-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I'll be your friend CCAmanda!!..more friendz thee merrier..^_^

Ryuichi!!..ya know..i just might cosplay as that bunny of him...i keept forgetting his name!! Kumo..sumthin..>_< ::bashes head:: oww... ::walks off to think::

Sciguy
09-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Even though everyone hated me at last year's Katsu, I'll still go! We're planning on only have 2-4 of us in the room this time 'round! Woohoo! (14 at Otakon, 10 at BAAF, so 4 will be sweet!!)

Sorahana
09-08-2003, 05:41 PM
I'll be your friend CCAmanda!!..more friendz thee merrier..^_^

Ryuichi!!..ya know..i just might cosplay as that bunny of him...i keept forgetting his name!! Kumo..sumthin..>_< ::bashes head:: oww... ::walks off to think::
The name of the Bunny is Kumagoro. Lol XD. I can do Ryuichi easy. We must meet up lol XD. In fact all cosplay.com peeps going must meet up!!

Even though everyone hated me at last year's Katsu, I'll still go! We're planning on only have 2-4 of us in the room this time 'round! Woohoo! (14 at Otakon, 10 at BAAF, so 4 will be sweet!!)
We have to meet up!!!!! I'll track you down if I have to!! :rofl:

kuro_nezumi
09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
There is usally a Cosplay.com gathering thing Or maybe just for Otakon O_o Or maybe We all just wear ribbons.....

And I always harass my friends ^.~ My harassing is just yelling HARASS anyways XD

KulaDiamond
09-09-2003, 12:26 AM
I thought there was a cosplay.com gathering for last Katsu so won't there be one for this one o_o?

Sorahana
09-09-2003, 09:17 AM
I hope to see you all there lol XD.
I'll have people to hang out with at least lol XD.

DigitalCactus
09-10-2003, 03:47 AM
yeah i think that we should wear ribbons like we were supposed to for Otakon...

I only saw a few people with them on at Otakon other than my group... and that avatar badge thingy too i need to make a new one for Katsucon.. Im not sure what avatar i'll have by then so its a bit premature to pick that out

Sorahana
09-10-2003, 11:04 AM
So we make ribbons or something? I'm totally confused lol XD. And do they have a cosplay/skit contest at this? I'll have to get my cousin to do a skit with me lol XD. I'm going as Inuyasha so does anyone wanna do an Inuyasha skit?

ChichiriFreak
09-10-2003, 02:43 PM
yay...ribbons time again. ^_^....I might Change my Avatar i dunno...^^;;

but anyway..Hope to see ya'll there ^^

Nene
09-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Aa..ribbons again..-x x;; Hopefully this time I can use an actually RIBBON -><;; (at Otakon, I lost my roll of ribbon, and so just ripped a strip of purple cloth... )

At Otakon nobody could even see the ribbons most people were wearing..

Lyn
09-10-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't think the ribbons are really necessary. Mostly because most people dont' really want them interfering with their costume, so they tend to keep their badge and any ribbons semi hidden and then no one can really see them. So, to me, that kinda defeats the whole point of the ribbons. ^^; I decided not to wear a ribbon at Otakon and had my badge in my costumes' pockets the entire time and yet I was still able to meet a lot of people from the site without any problem.

kuro_nezumi
09-10-2003, 08:18 PM
I barely saw anyone except for like twp people~~! Phwee O_o;

Sorahana
09-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Ok its official! I'm going to Katsucon!! Wh00t!! And I'll hopefully be going the whole time!! Wh00t!!

DigitalCactus
09-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Ok I stil lsay we do the ribbons like we did at Otakon but I would really liek to emphasize the avatar badge thingy i came up with last time.

www.kitoutpost.com/digitalcactus/mihawkotakon.gif

of course you would substitute the kick ass mihawk manga image for your own/current avatar and the Otakon part would read Katsucon...

Sorahana
09-11-2003, 09:27 AM
That's a good idea!! I'll do that! Lol. XD.

kitty_neko
09-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I'll be there~ ^_^ just have to figure out the pre-reg and hotel room now... x_x;

ChichiriFreak
09-12-2003, 11:10 AM
I can only go to Katsucon for one day...>_<. damn. Ohwell there'll be others then.

Sorahana
09-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Aww! We'll miss you the rest of the time!
:glomps:

ChichiriFreak
09-12-2003, 08:08 PM
awww... Sankyuu CCAmanda! ^_^ ::feels Luved n Missed...Glomps Back::

That reminds..must call Best friend..(name Amanda too...and trick her into cosplaying wiff me ^__^) ::runs off::

KulaDiamond
09-13-2003, 08:14 AM
ChichiriFreak just curious, how come you're only going for one day?

kuro_nezumi
09-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Cuase her dad is a big meanie...0_o???
Chichirifreak- If I do meet you at Anime USA my mom wouldn't mind taking you for the whole weekend of Katsu and I sure you can bring your friend too!

Sorahana
09-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Hehe. I wanted to go to AnimeUSA but my mom said no lol xD. But i shall be at Katsu!! Nyo!!
Chichiri-Yea! Meet up with kuro-nezumi @ Anime USA lol. You must go for more than one day!! I'm going all three days lol XD. I'll be hunting for a bunch of people:
1-My friend Jonster from Conneticut cause he told me we could partner cosplay as Mamimi(me) and naota(him) from FLCL.
2-Sciguy cause we said we'd try and meet up.
3-An Inuyasha cosplay group lol XD.
4-And all of you lol XD.

ChichiriFreak
09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
ChichiriFreak just curious, how come you're only going for one day?

hahaha..It's Mostly Cause We're Saving Up For AX this Summer ^^;;

Chichirifreak- If I do meet you at Anime USA my mom wouldn't mind taking you for the whole weekend of Katsu and I sure you can bring your friend too!

Awww!!.Your So nice!! we better meet up @ AnimeUSA!!..since it's pretty small! ^_^;

Chichiri-Yea! Meet up with kuro-nezumi @ Anime USA lol. You must go for more than one day!! I'm going all three days lol XD. I'll be hunting for a bunch of people:

Lolz, yeah we've been trying for the past.uh...2 years? to meet up..but we always miss each other! ^_^;;;
but yes....ima try to go All three days, maybe only 2 at the most. i don't know yet...but I'm try. ^_^;

kuro_nezumi
09-13-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm sure we'll meet up! ^-^;; And I think's been three 3 years. Like I said earlier otakon is way to big to actually find somebody...

ChichiriFreak
09-13-2003, 12:42 PM
yes..Otakon is way too big...and when we find meeting place...something comes up. ^_^;; So..Anime USA is small..so yay ^_^

Mappy
09-13-2003, 02:29 PM
ill be there again another year.

Lets hope for another BlizzardCon!!! haw... im joking

kuro_nezumi
09-13-2003, 04:41 PM
ChichiriFreak-I got sick, sorry XP My bad!

KulaDiamond
09-13-2003, 06:41 PM
hahaha..It's Mostly Cause We're Saving Up For AX this Summer ^^;;

Ahaaa~Depending on how many ppl go with me to Katsu I'm prolly gonna have a lot of space left over. Like Friday night I only had one other person in the room with me for last year and then Saturday night had altogether 4. X_X. Might end up offering space at the con for ppl who really need a place to stay...

Lets hope for another BlizzardCon!!! haw... im joking

I thought that earlier in this thread someone said there might be another blizzard around the Katsucon timeframe >_>;;. I was considering bringing spare money in case something like that would happen so I could stay an extra day...

Sorahana
09-13-2003, 09:45 PM
That would be a smart idea. But if snow is forecasted (like alot of snow) my mom already said we're not going to go ;_;. I hope it snows but at least let it be when we are at the con lol.

KulaDiamond
09-14-2003, 06:57 AM
That sucks though because if it snows again that's an extra day at the convention with nothing to worry about because school will be closed for sure. The snow last year didn't even get bad until Sunday O_o.

Sorahana
09-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Well I'll foce my mom and relatives to go even if snow is forecasted! I mean we're off from school that monday anyway lol.

Addy-Ohki
09-14-2003, 06:16 PM
*pokes head in* I'm going ^^

And I'm excited because this is the first year I'm really cosplaying full out :D and I haven't been to a con in a year because I couldn't go to ota. T__T

Sorahana
09-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Yea! Another person to add to the "people who are going from cosplay.com" list lol XD. And this will be your first time cosplaying all out? Mine too cause my cosplay for BAAF wasn't that great. My mom is gona do some actual work on my costume
*cough* Inuyasha *cough*. XD.

ChichiriFreak
09-15-2003, 03:44 PM
I most post pics once they get developed of My Jiang Wei in progress Pictured. ^_^

Addy-Ohki
09-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Yea! Another person to add to the "people who are going from cosplay.com" list lol XD. And this will be your first time cosplaying all out? Mine too cause my cosplay for BAAF wasn't that great. My mom is gona do some actual work on my costume
*cough* Inuyasha *cough*. XD.
Yeah, last time I cosplayed was Otakon 2002, which I only did for like an hour because I really messed up my character's hair and felt ashamed T__T.

BTW, I like how you envy someone named Dick Cox X333

Link Arroway
09-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Link is going to Katsu! :D

Sorahana
09-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah, last time I cosplayed was Otakon 2002, which I only did for like an hour because I really messed up my character's hair and felt ashamed T__T.

BTW, I like how you envy someone named Dick Cox X333

Hahahaha..............very funny joke.........I heard that already --;. He's a great VA lol XD. I wrote a fanletter to Richard lol XD.

My cosplay outfit sucked at BAAF this year and I felt embarassed cause everyone else's costumes were so much better but I kept it on lol XD.

Auron
09-16-2003, 09:45 PM
me! ME! iam going i think iam going to go as auron and spike hope to see some of u there :bigtu:

ChichiriFreak
09-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Your going as a Auron!!! O.O I must get picture!!! I love Auron!!! ^___^ Please hugg???? ^___^;;

Auron
09-21-2003, 09:01 PM
lol^^ sure, who are you going as?(hugs)

ChichiriFreak
09-21-2003, 09:05 PM
yay! I can hug Auron!! ^__^
I'm going to be Jiang Wei of the game Dynasty Warriors..his DW4 Costume. ^_^

KulaDiamond
09-21-2003, 09:09 PM
I definetly need to bring film to Katsu this time around haha. I wanna take piccys for sure (must get the piccy of Jiang Wei ^_^).

Auron
09-21-2003, 09:12 PM
wow! ChichiriFreak your from hordon va iam from haymarket

ChichiriFreak
09-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Aha. Yes I must bring a better camera this year around. ^_^ must get picture of Zhen Ji. ^_^;

Auron- haha yessum Me is lil ol' herndon...Haymarket...umm..::sweatdrop:: i don't where that is. ^^;;

Nyoko
09-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Im going, mostlikly as The main character from Harvest Moon and Malik.

Oh and ChichiriFreak Haymarket is a small town in VA where me and Auron live, its aprox. 24 miles from Herndon.

kelldar
09-25-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm hoping to go. I'm still trying to work out the details. :\

Link Arroway
09-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Extra special secret version of Ayanami Rei for me :D Which i'll first wear at NekoCon.. then hmm.. something else, dunno.

Ralenta
09-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Chun Li *points to photo gallery picture* just got the boots, 6inch heel, knee high, lace ups! woooooooo
oh yea, and there is Battle Royale!! but i gotta make collars.............

Sorahana
09-26-2003, 09:51 PM
I might also go as Shuichi from "Gravitation" lol XD. I have so many costumes I wana do but my mom hasn't even worked on my Inuyasha costume yet.....--;.

Raine
10-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Im going, mostlikly as The main character from Harvest Moon and Malik.

O______O A HARVEST MOON COSPLAYER?! *dies* I plan on someday cosplaying the girl from HM3 ^_^ Bwa ha ha! Get to wave a sickle around XD

Sorahana
10-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Hehe some obsessed fans of alot of things ne? I'm so excited about Katsucon!! Why do cons take so long to come?! Lol XD;.

Ralenta
10-04-2003, 09:16 PM
so we can have time to procrastinate on our costumes XD
I got my Chun Li boots in the mail!! wooooooo, *hides from mother*
i didnt order any thing off the internet...........
*runs*

Sorahana
10-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Hehe I could get stuff on ebay since I have my mom's credit card number but then she'll be pissed as heck if she sees high prices on her bill :rofl: I have alot of costumes planned to for Katsu lol XD.

Sorahana
10-05-2003, 07:47 PM
We just booked our rooms XD;. We're going to the con all 3 days wh00t!! Now I'm even more excited for Katsucon!!

ainslye
10-12-2003, 08:00 AM
*waves hands around* I'll be there! No idea on what I'm wearing yet. I'll bring Ruby and the good ol Ayanami plugsuit if I ca con someone into hotgluing me into it.... but I want to make something new for it and I have no idea what.... hmm....

Kei Hoshiakari
10-12-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm planning on going to go to Katsucon. I'm going to be white mage Rikku if I get it done on time, and Gunner Rikku and Jeanne from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. <3

Lyn
10-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Kei - Awesome! I'm going to be Noin one of the days. ^^ There might be a little KKJ cosplayer gathering some time. Not sure though. The thread is like somewhere in the "seeking cosplayers" forum and I'm waiting til it gets closer to the con before I revive it. ^^;

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 06:59 PM
We booked rooms for it last week so yea!!!!!!! Anyway I guess I'll add Access to my cosplay list making my list:
Ryuichi(Gravitation)
Shuichi(Gravitation)
Tohma(Gravitation)
Yuna(FF10)
Rikku(FF10)
Inuyasha(Inuyasha)
Mamimi(FLCL)
Access (KKJ)

Whoa 8 costumes XD;.

Lyn
10-12-2003, 07:05 PM
CCAmanda - Dude, that's a lot of costumes. o_o; I can barely handle 5 or 6 per con, man. ^^;;

Sorahana
10-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Yea but I need them for groups lol XD. The Mamimi one is for a coupel (we're not a couple though lol XD. Just online friends) cosplay of FLCL and he's being Naota and I'm being Mamimi lol XD. I might not do Access though XD.

caelestis
10-17-2003, 07:22 AM
*whines* May be a chance I can't make it this year either ><* Computer I'm on is beginning to crap out so I get to spend $1200 and build a new one (but alas it will be uber when I'm done)... but that's um.. Katsu money. Ouch. -_-

If not this year I'll be there next year.. I hope.. o_o

ChichiriFreak
10-17-2003, 10:08 AM
I'm only doing Costume...*sigh* I feel so..behind. lolz. ^_^

just Jiang wei for me.

Tsumanne
10-19-2003, 03:40 AM
I'm going to request that weekend off now so I might have at least a 50/50 chance of being able to go. About 4-5 monthes in advance might just cut it.

KulaDiamond
10-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I still need to request time off over the weekend of Katsu so I should do that as well. I'm still working on one of my costumes for Katsu and need to hurry up that way I can get started on the other one and finish in time for the convention <---just bringing two costumes ^_^.

JacksUsername
10-25-2003, 02:58 PM
wheeeeeeeeeee! i just finally landed a job, so hopefully ill be able to save enough to go to katsucon and make some decent costumes....no definite costume plans yet, but I'm going to start brainstorming.

Kurthy133
10-25-2003, 10:06 PM
yay! ^^ i hope we travel together, jack!

<3

JacksUsername
10-25-2003, 11:14 PM
that'd be so cool, i never see you around campus anymore this year :(
Hopefully I'll see ya around and we can try and figure something out ^_^
Right now I' gotta start thinkin of costumes :P

Kurthy133
10-26-2003, 01:17 AM
awesome... yeah i miss you too! and, yes, i really need to start working x___x;

Rukawa
10-26-2003, 04:40 PM
don't we all ^^; Yeah I'm going as well ^_^ Else bad stuff might happen to me if I don't ^^;;

Michi
10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I'mmagoing. :D

lialia
10-26-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm going now too *jumps around*

Sorahana
10-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Yea for everybody!!!!! Lol XD. We booked rooms at the beginning of this month lol XD.

Eurobeat King
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM
I made my hotel reservation this past weekend, so I'll be going back to Katsucon, which will be my 7th year in a row. :D I'll be staying at the courtyard Marriott across the street, it's cheaper, and it's only a 20-30 second walk from there to the HYATT. (Provided there's no thick snow to tread through again, which will make it a 2 minute walk..) :thumbsup:

No idea on which costumes I'll be bringing yet.. 2004 won't be a big year on cosplay for me, but more so a BIGGER year on cosplay photographs. :skidude2:

See you all that Valentine's Day weekend! :heart:

Lyn
10-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Yay! Glad to hear you're going, Al. Of course, if you weren't, everyone going to Katsu would just have to figure out a way to kidnap you and force you to go anyways. ^^;

On a totally random note, I'm once again glad that Katsucon is on Valentine's Day weekend as it gives us single people a chance to have fun and not just mope over the fact that we're single. ^^;

Tsumanne
10-28-2003, 04:10 AM
hmmm getting hotel rooms now eh? That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do that soon too. No more last minute sleeping in the car at a rest stop on the side of the highway for me (Otakon 03).

Sorahana
10-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Yesh book rooms while you can lol XD. Before they're all booked up lol XD.

cordless runner
10-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Well...i decided that I am only gonna make my Bakura costume for Katsucon....and depending on how it goes with armor repair this week before Nekocon, I wont know if I am bringing my Sesshy costume or not. I am tired of having to fix it after every con >_<

I am however looking forward to wearing a much shorter wig...^_^ my Sesshy wig is a killer...gives me terrible migraines and I donít think its a good idea to have me walking around all drugged up ^_~
Eh whatever....I think me and my group have to book a hotel ...i dont think we did that yet....
hmm...

Sorahana
10-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Cordless Runner, I shall track you and your people down at Katsu! Your costumes were great at the picnic btw ^_^.

JacksUsername
10-31-2003, 09:55 AM
hehe, I haven't started worrying about hotel rooms yet...one stressful thing at a time, lol, does it get really hard to find a room like otakon, or is it not that bad?
still no ideas on costumes, but its so exciting to see how many people are going ^___^

HuongStar
11-04-2003, 09:33 AM
It's fast becoming a tradition for the Southwest branch of the Genki Gang to attend Katsucon. I'm looking forward to next year's convention; hopefully, there will be no inclement weather this time around. -_-

Lyn
11-04-2003, 01:03 PM
JacksUsername - Well, depends on when you try to get a room. Since the con itself is in a hotel, those rooms are the most popular but I've never had a problem with my group being able to get a room there. And there's also a hotel right across from it, I think it's a Marriott, that is also rather nice. And I haven't heard anyone I know have problems getting a room in time. It's nowhere as big and crazy as Otakon so it's usually a lot easier to get rooms and such.

Sorahana
11-05-2003, 09:28 PM
I can't wait til Katsu!! I'm so psyched!! I just have to keep my grades up!! ^O^

xChibiNekox
11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Im going~! The haoboutdemmudkipzcosplay is coming to their first Katsucon. -caramelldansen-
Schoolboy Deidara&Sasuke~! Who's going to Otakon '10? :3

DespairedPheonix
11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
This thread is from 2003 :)