PDA

View Full Version : How to sit like a girl

Meta
07-15-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm really having trouble sitting like a girl, crossing the leg and everything. Im not a big person (only 155 lbs.) so i know thats not the problem..... What kind of small things should I do to make it look better? Thanks in advance.

Gren
07-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Legs together, arms in, avoid slouching. If you do sloutch, sloutch by moving your butt closer to the edge of the chair and resting your back against the pack of it. Not bu huntching over your shoulders. You don't have to corss your legs, you just need to keep them close together. Men tend to spread out when they gesture, move, and sit, women tend to take up less space.

Wyna Hiros
07-15-2003, 02:02 PM
[Deleted. Sorry, left Cosplay.com due to lack of time/interest]

Karisu-sama
07-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Bwahahaha - I should take lessons...:crylaugh:

Nah, really, girls are taught early on to use more constrained and formal body language, with a mental expectation of "decorum" and of being "allowed" less personal space to occupy. >.< So real proper "girly" behavior doesn't allow for sprawling around, arm-swinging, idly resting one's hands at one's crotch, etc.

Girls almost unconsciously work to conform to "the rules" that guys don't have to >.< , depending on what they are wearing and if they are alone or in company.

Hikaruchan
07-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Ha, I about never sit lady-like so I can take lessons too. Good reason to wear shorts under skirts, too.

Besides legs together, a lot of girls lace hands together and rest on legs if not crossing legs. Me, I am the girl w one leg under me and the other swinging wildly.

coeli
07-15-2003, 06:44 PM
There are two main feminine ways to cross one's legs. (I'm not counting the "ankle-on-opposite-knee" posture, even though I am a woman and I often sit that way, because it doesn't look girly and is a colossally bad idea in a skirt.

1) Cross your legs at the knees. The lower part of the crossed-over leg should be more "downward" than "outward." If you lean back a bit, tilt your chin down a touch, and put your arms out from your sides a bit (resting on something, not floating in mid-air), and make direct or sidelong eye contact, the effect is sexy/seductive. If you want to be really obvious about it, rotate your ankle a bit from time to time.

If you don't want to look quite so "on-the prowl", keep your hands laced, or just together, in your lap. (I don't mean you can't hold something or gesture, just return to that when you aren't doing something with your hands.) Letting your shoe flop loose from your heel looks youthful, casual, and/or sloppy. Point your toe and flex your foot a bit to prevent that. Either hold your head up or keep your eyes lowered.

2) Cross your legs at the ankles. Knees together! Always! This is demure, ladylike, and formal. You can keep one foot flat on the floor, but it looks even better if you tuck your feet under your chair a bit or tilt your legs to one side. Hands and head are the same as the less seductive version of one.

Karisu-sama
07-16-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan
Me, I am the girl w one leg under me and the other swinging wildly.
Me too! Me too! ^______^ Or like Coeli, one foot on the floor and the other leg up with the ankle resting on on the first leg's knee - a very NON-girl way of sitting. :p

I rarely wear skirts. Dislike 'em a lot, except maybe for swirl-type dancing. But when I do - shorts under skirts? ALWAYS. ^^