PDA

View Full Version : Illuminati Mana help

Meta
07-15-2003, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if somebody could help me with an Illuminati Mana costume. Does anybody know where to get like a walkthru on how to make the costume? Ive cosplayed before, but never any Jrock/Jpop. My girfriend can tell me where to get the boots, so I dont need any help with that. I really like the costume, so if anybody has any information about it it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. somebody told me Mana is a guy, is he? Because if he isnt this would belong in the crossplay section. (I am a guy) Thanks.

Kaede
07-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Which version are you planning on doing:
http://members19.clubphoto.com/kaede731583/1458100/guest.phtml
The one with the labcoat or the black dress?
edit: and yes he is a guy ^_-

BloodDragonW
07-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Yup, Mana-Sama is a guy ^_^ And which costume will you be doing... i think the lab coat would be easer...

Meta
07-15-2003, 12:42 PM
i was thinking of doing the dress, because thats the one i saw (Kabuki's featured cosplay pictures). But how much harder do you think it would be (to do the dress instead of the coat) because if you think its that much harder i think ill do the coat.

Kaede
07-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Or you can BOTH >D (Illuminati live at Utaban) Well there are 2 versions of the dress, Kabuki's version which is the live version and then there's the dress version. The live version has bloomers, a corset, and the vest. The other has the skirt, a sort of tube top, and the vest.

Meta
07-15-2003, 01:43 PM
i think ill do the one with a skirt, tube top, and vest. It looks more fun to do. Wow im glad i asked this question, because there is a ton i didnt know. Now that i figured out which one im doing, do you know any place for a walkthru or guide? Thanks A LOT, once again.

Kaede
07-15-2003, 04:08 PM
No problemo *loves Mana* I don't know of any help besides us fellow Manaists. I'd take a close look at all the pieces of the costume you want to make, and then go to a fabric store with the pictures and ask a worker there to help find patterns that can be altered for your costume.
ORRRRR You can find the tube top pattern in the girls/teen section (try Simplicity/Butterick pattern books), patterns for bloomers can be found in costume sections of pattern books. Hummm for the vest probably the best thing to do is to find a pattern for a Victorian style high-neck shirt (with the puffy sleeves), you can alter it to get the neckline you need. Following the patterns is pretty easy, even with PVC, but make sure you know your size, that's always nice >P Hope this helps

cutekawaii
07-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Well if you've cosplayed before and know how to sew, I don't see why you need a WALKTHROUGH to put it together. I mean, making a costume from a drawing is much harder than making a costume from an actual picture o_O